Options

The video game thread.

Comments

• Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,775
    Idris wrote:
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/30/target-offering-buy-2-get-1-free-deal-during-ps4-launch-week

Buy 2 games get 1 free from target during Ps4 launch week, also applies for xbox one games :mrgreen:

I'm all over this

thanks for the heads up.
    -

FIFA, NBA 2k and battlefield are my current 3 choices. But I hear FIFA, 2K are just slightly re skinned versions of last years game?

heard this about FIFA. didn't pick up last year's version, so i still plan on picking it up when i am out next.
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    I think I'm the first person around who hates GTA5.
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,267
    Rygar wrote:
    Hate? :fp:
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:

Dude.

Dude! :fp:
  • Options
    I absolutely hate the online, but that's pretty much what I expected anyway.
    I can't get into the single player at all. The main characters are not likable and I am pretty much uninterested after a few minutes of play.
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    Rygar wrote:

You know, I loved all the old ones, even part 4...but I cant get into this one either. The missions suck. The guns feel like i'm shooting a squirt gun.

I think I used to drink a lot of beer when I played the old ones...maybe I need to go back to that. :fp: :lol:
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:

You know, I loved all the old ones, even part 4...but I cant get into this one either. The missions suck. The guns feel like i'm shooting a squirt gun.

I think I used to drink a lot of beer when I played the old ones...maybe I need to go back to that. :fp: :lol:
    haha, I didn't mind 4, but for all it's flaws at least Nico was a likable character

GTA shooting mechanics have never been a strong point in my eyes anyway.
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Anybody play Hotline Miami?

Looks like a riot: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SctZthwm0Co.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,127
    The following link is to an interesting video where a PS4 is disassembled ...

http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged-in/inside-ps4-sony-unscrews-next-gen-machine-150005896.html
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,290
    went to a bar in Wilmingotn, Delaware over the weekend called 1984. Pretty cool, had lots of 80's video games. I played some of the pinball ones though. Also had 80's board games on a shelf like Sorry, Connect Four, Battleship, Scrabble, UNO, Trivial Pursuit. ouse Trapand others.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    I can't get into the single player at all. The main characters are not likable and I am pretty much uninterested after a few minutes of play.
    A few minutes of play and you decide the game sucks? :fp:
    GTA4 was complete garbage. No likable characters? Um...Trevor is fn great! I also like Franklin. Michael is a bit of an ass. Nico fn sucked.
    :fp:
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    Rygar wrote:
    GTA4 was complete garbage. No likable characters? Um...Trevor is fn great! I also like Franklin. Michael is a bit of an ass. Nico fn sucked.
    Holy beat an emoticon to death.
    I said after a few minutes of play I am not interested in it anymore, not that I've only played a few minutes. The characters are assholes, with no almost redeeming qualities.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure I'm allowed to like what I want ;)
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    mca47 wrote:
    Rygar wrote:
    Holy beat an emoticon to death.
    I said after a few minutes of play I am not interested in it anymore, not that I've only played a few minutes. The characters are assholes, with no almost redeeming qualities.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure I'm allowed to like what I want ;)
    Asshole characters...
    I remember all those other GTA characters who were sweet, kind hearted individuals. :lol: The only Rockstar character who I thought was a good guy was John Marston from Red Dead.
    You can certainly like what you want but so can the rest of the overwhelming majority who play and like the game.
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    You can certainly like what you want but so can the rest of the overwhelming majority who play and like the game.
    Who's giving who a hard time about what they like and don't? Get over yourself.
  • Options
    Now now guys... I'm still playing the game and its alright in some places... I might just have too high expectations, but after all these years, I just thought they could make the game better and/or more exciting. The shooting has gotten worse and the missions are lame so far. Personally, I think the three character thing has potential, but its a rookie effort. In one mission, I had to switch between the three guys, and it was clunky and annoying...then suddenly the mission was over and I barely did shit. oh and then there was the mission were I had to (spoilers:) rescue Mike's daughter from a yacht, then take his son to the burger joint to meet a friend, then yoga....boooooring! but yeah, Trevor is funny. I do think the game will pick up in the second half now that the annoyingly pathetic family has left, finally...at least I hope!

Also, I found it odd that I havent have to work for anything...I have all the guns I want and a ton of money from the get go.

haha, another spoiler --- I just remembered, Trevor took a dump behind a dumpster...that was funny. :shock: :lol:
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    mca47 wrote:
    You'll be happy to know that I did in fact just get over myself.

Videogames are fun! :thumbup:
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    Rygar wrote:
    mca47 wrote:
    You'll be happy to know that I did in fact just get over myself.

Videogames are fun! :thumbup:
    I would indeed be happy to know that, and overall...yes, video games are fun.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,633
    FUCK YOU HOW CAN YOU SAY VIDEO GAMES ARE FUN THEY ARENT EVEN FUN ANYMORE GIVE ME BATTLETOADS
  • Options
    MayDay10 wrote:
    FUCK YOU HOW CAN YOU SAY VIDEO GAMES ARE FUN THEY ARENT EVEN FUN ANYMORE GIVE ME BATTLETOADS
    I remember the Game Boy version of that. It was fun!
  • Options
    MayDay10 wrote:

"We always hoped Battletoads got imported to Nintendo's Virtual Console, so today's younger, more pampered gamers can appreciate the infuriating bullshit we had to endure in the early '90s. Creators Tim and Chris Stamper expected players to have the reaction time of an NHL goalie a task so difficult many gamers found it easier to just play the level over and over until they actually memorized the pattern.

It was a necessary evil to make games this hard because if they were too simplistic consumers would've polished them off in an afternoon and then never touched them again. We don't care if you're eight years old, if you beat this game you've earned the right to sit back, relax with some Jack Daniels and call yourself a man."

http://www.complex.com/video-games/2013 ... rbo-tunnel

this game drove me nuts. never beat it. the farthest i think i got was to the mothership, where you have to keep going up and there are vents blowing crap at you and so many moving platforms. such an unfair game :lol:
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,633
    Got home from college Spring of 2001. My roommate and I made it our mission to beat that game. We did. It was a huge event and we took video. We still talk about it as our crowning video game "achievement".

There is a video on youtube where a guy beats the game, no warping, without taking one hit.
  • Options
    Modern Day F1 cars in Forza 5, sweet! Also Yas Marina circuit confirmed (apparently) in the video footage.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=KXwud8fSNhs#t=1054
  • Options
    Ok, so I've started to get into GTA 5 a bit more. its getting better. I still think the missions need to be more engaging.
    Initially I thought the missions were too short, but I think they are getting longer and better. Also, for some odd reason, I think what feels like 15 minutes in GTA world is actually one hour in real life. :lol:
  • Options
    Ok, so I've started to get into GTA 5 a bit more. its getting better. I still think the missions need to be more engaging.
    Initially I thought the missions were too short, but I think they are getting longer and better. Also, for some odd reason, I think what feels like 15 minutes in GTA world is actually one hour in real life. :lol:

Yeah, the game did start a bit slow. Most of the early missions were a bit boring (like Michael's family crap).
    I'm still having a lot of fun with it and have a lot still left to do.
  • Options
    IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    Forza 5 really looks good, almost makes me wanna get an X box One.
  • Options
    Also, for some odd reason, I think what feels like 15 minutes in GTA world is actually one hour in real life. :lol:

I've spent too many hrs recently watching friends play that game..Im literally sick of it! Now watching two mins of that game makes me feel like I've been watching 2 hrs of it.

I tried playing buuuut it kinda makes me sleepy, lmao.
  • Options
    i've had such an itch to play COD after i watched a youtube video the other day that showed gameplay on the 10 best maps in COD history.

quickly reminded me how much fun that game can be at times and how much fun i used to have online with my friends in a huge party chat.

ghosts got some pretty mediocre reviews, and many fans calling it the worst COD yet. youtube videos don't look too terrible, but black ops 2 got some solid reviews.

goes against everything i have been spewing, but i could probably get a cheap copy of black ops 2 off ebay. i am pressuring a couple of my friends into getting it too. :lol:
  • Options
    rival. wrote:
    i've had such an itch to play COD after i watched a youtube video the other day that showed gameplay on the 10 best maps in COD history.

quickly reminded me how much fun that game can be at times and how much fun i used to have online with my friends in a huge party chat.

ghosts got some pretty mediocre reviews, and many fans calling it the worst COD yet. youtube videos don't look too terrible, but black ops 2 got some solid reviews.

goes against everything i have been spewing, but i could probably get a cheap copy of black ops 2 off ebay. i am pressuring a couple of my friends into getting it too. :lol:

I'm passing on Ghosts. I got Black Ops 2 after not getting the previous 2. Just the same damn thing over and over.
    I think I got to maybe level 20 in BLOPS2 then got bored and stopped playing.
  • Options
    Idris wrote:
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/30/target-offering-buy-2-get-1-free-deal-during-ps4-launch-week

Buy 2 games get 1 free from target during Ps4 launch week, also applies for xbox one games :mrgreen:

I'm all over this

thanks for the heads up.
    -

FIFA, NBA 2k and battlefield are my current 3 choices. But I hear FIFA, 2K are just slightly re skinned versions of last years game?

I couldn't care less about FIFA and can't speak to that, but NBA 2K14 was re-built from the ground up with a new engine for the PS4, so it isn't just a "port" like so many current gen games going next-gen.

It's the best looking game I've ever seen. The NBA is 4th on my list of favorite sports but this is the one game to get IMO. I'm all over it come Friday!
  • Options
    Cool, I'll definitely be picking up 2K NBA.