Options

The video game thread.

Comments

• Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,633
    Yes, it sucks. It also sucks it happened right before the BCS was going to go bye-bye. NCAA is the one title I look forward to every year.

NCAA 14 is very strong and they integrated the draft classes with Madden again, so there is that.

So we gotta wait until all this clears up. I do think that eventually players will get some sort of stipend... and at that point, the NCAA may get the go-ahead to green light to endorse a video game. But a lot of that is hypothetical, and it could be several years.
    :(
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,127
    MayDay10 wrote:
    So we gotta wait until all this clears up. I do think that eventually players will get some sort of stipend... and at that point, the NCAA may get the go-ahead to green light to endorse a video game. But a lot of that is hypothetical, and it could be several years.
    I don't think this will ever clear up. There's too many men. Too many people. Making too many problems. And not much love to go round. Can't you see this is a land of confusion?
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Jason P wrote:
    MayDay10 wrote:
    I don't think this will ever clear up. There's too many men. Too many people. Making too many problems. And not much love to go round. Can't you see this is a land of confusion?

:lol::lol::lol: that was good
  • Options
    smanchac1smanchac1 Posts: 2,256
    mca47 wrote:
    Rygar wrote:
    Just started the GTA4 dlc and it really isn't making me want to buy a new GTA...

GTA4 was garbage.
    GTA5 is pretty badass.

The games are very different.

Agree 100000%!!

I loved 3, vc, San Andreas. HATED 4.

Loved red dead and now loving 5. Amazing game. 10/10 for sure and a must buy!!
  • Options
    I just saw the new footage for Madden 25 on the PS4 / Xbox 180 ...

http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged-in/first-footage-next-gen-madden-nfl-25-revealed-180437671.html

Looks cool, but I think I will wait until after it comes out to get. Want to see if they have Trent Richardson on the Colts.
  • Options
    peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    Jason P wrote:
    MayDay10 wrote:

Oh yes... Genesis with Phil Collins

sp_0404_09_v6.jpg?width=480
  • Options
    MotoDCMotoDC Posts: 947
    Just scanned through a bunch of pages and didn't see anything -- any Call of Duty commentary yet? Black Ops 2 was my first experience with the series. Wicked frustrating at first, it being such a fast-paced shooter and my not having played an online shooter since SOCOM, but started to really enjoy it after I got used to it. Pick 10 system is great and just about every weapon is usable. Excellent design and balance and the gun gfx are pretty amazing. Lag and lag comp aren't nearly the problem that some people claim, though that certainly depends on a few variables.
  • Options
    I got burnt out on COD a few years ago. Got halfway thru BlackOps 1 and got sick of the formula. After seeing "You were killed by a grenade. Watch out for the grenade danger indicator." for the 20,000th time, I had enough of the series.
  • Options
    weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,279
    MotoDC wrote:
    Just scanned through a bunch of pages and didn't see anything -- any Call of Duty commentary yet? Black Ops 2 was my first experience with the series. Wicked frustrating at first, it being such a fast-paced shooter and my not having played an online shooter since SOCOM, but started to really enjoy it after I got used to it. Pick 10 system is great and just about every weapon is usable. Excellent design and balance and the gun gfx are pretty amazing. Lag and lag comp aren't nearly the problem that some people claim, though that certainly depends on a few variables.

still play all the time on xbox.
  • Options
    mjd327mjd327 Posts: 146
    CoD is pretty much how my friends and I from home still see each other while we're all at school. Once a week we'll get on and play for hours. It's great. But I do have to say it has gotten a little old since I've been playing since CoD 2. And it doesn't help that my favorite is still CoD 4. I haven't liked any of the others as much but I still do really like them. I guess because that was the first game I played a ton on XBox live back in high school.
  • Options
    Jason P wrote:
    I got burnt out on COD a few years ago. Got halfway thru BlackOps 1 and got sick of the formula. After seeing "You were killed by a grenade. Watch out for the grenade danger indicator." for the 20,000th time, I had enough of the series.

Throw that shit back
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,633
    Im not a big Call of Duty guy.

The problem is, people take it too damn seriously and play it too much. In my limited time, I play, take 2 steps, bam, head shot, dead, 2 steps bam head shot dead, etc...Everyone has the map memorized, have earned all sorts of insurmountable upgrades, and are just much better than me.
    Even if I see a guy way before he sees me, I will unload a bunch of bullets, the guy turns, shoots me in the head, I die.

It sucks, isnt fun, and I cant/dont want to invest nearly enough time to make it fun.
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,775
    Jason P wrote:

:lol::lol:

if you remember in COD4 there was a death streak perk in which you dropped an already cooked grenade the second after you died. that was some bush league frustrating shit :evil: :evil:

COD sucks. the first blackops was the last one i played because it seems like they really tried to make it a more "honest" game eliminating many ridiculous kill streak awards forcing players to rely on their ability to play the game over camping between a dumpster and a brickwall to boost your kill streaks to get your AC-130 and eventual nuke.

COD sucks. :fp:
  • Options
    still play all the time on xbox.
    I was playing quite a bit on xbox up until about 3 weeks ago when my wife finally gave birth to a pooping, crying, eating creature who now takes up all my free time. I played once during my paternity leave (yes the US actually has that sort of thing, believe it or not) and the rust in my skillset was painful and evident. Still love it though.
  • Options
    Jason P wrote:
    Yeah this is the case with most of my "real life" friends -- it's all fresh and new to me, but it's a rarity to get them online for BO2 since they all burned out on MW3 and prior.
  • Options
    rival. wrote:
    Jason P wrote:

:lol::lol:

if you remember in COD4 there was a death streak perk in which you dropped an already cooked grenade the second after you died. that was some bush league frustrating shit :evil: :evil:

COD sucks. the first blackops was the last one i played because it seems like they really tried to make it a more "honest" game eliminating many ridiculous kill streak awards forcing players to rely on their ability to play the game over camping between a dumpster and a brickwall to boost your kill streaks to get your AC-130 and eventual nuke.

COD sucks. :fp:
    Games like this will always have campers and such, but BO2 design and maps did a TON to minimize it. Multiple entryways to every/most rooms, attachments that let you see motionless objects to walls, major nerfs to perks like Ghost and SitRepPro such that they don't really benefit sitting still and staring ADS anymore.
  • Options
    New Assasins Creed 4 looks pretty good. You get to be a pirate!

Yarrr!
  • Options
    nippleholicnippleholic Toronto Posts: 1,083
    Jason P wrote:
    New Assasins Creed 4 looks pretty good. You get to be a pirate!

Yarrr!

Looking forward to this one - the gameplay looks amazing: http://youtu.be/ICemupWG56U
    2003: Buffalo, Toronto
    2004: Boston (x2), Toledo, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto (x2), Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit
    2008: New York City (x2), Hartford, Boston II
    2010: Buffalo, Newark, New York City (x2), Nijmegen, Berlin, Werchter
    2011: Alpine Valley I, Alpine Valley II, Montreal, Toronto (x2), Ottawa, Hamilton
    2012: Amsterdam (x2), Berlin (x2)
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Brooklyn (x2)
    2014: Detroit
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto (x2), Chicago (x2)
    2018: Amsterdam (x2), Padua, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: San Diego, Los Angeles (x2), Oakland (x2), Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Fort Worth (x2), Austin (x2)

• Options
    Dusted off the Xbox and played some KOTOR

:P
  • Options
    Just got The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker for the WiiU.

Maybe, just maybe ... could this be the first Zelda game I ever finish??? :shock:

:think:
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,792
    Can't get enough of NHL 14....
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    has anyone finished Bioshock infinit?

SPOILER-
    I am at the part after you meet comstock and go onto a blimp thing...fight your way to the top...then there's a part where you have to protect the generator thing and a huge battle takes place. Lots of Patriot guys...I keep dying. it sucks. I hate it. I may give up if i'm near the end.
    :fp:

I need to make space for GTAV anyways.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    So yeah, GTA 5 starts out very slow, but its pretty addicting. I like when you get to Trevor. :lol:
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    So yeah, GTA 5 starts out very slow, but its pretty addicting. I like when you get to Trevor. :lol:

Rampage!
  • Options

SPOILER-
    I am at the part after you meet comstock and go onto a blimp thing...fight your way to the top...then there's a part where you have to protect the generator thing and a huge battle takes place. Lots of Patriot guys...I keep dying. it sucks. I hate it. I may give up if i'm near the end.

I've never played it, but I saw a full game walkthrough
  • Options

SPOILER-

I've never played it, but I saw a full game walkthrough

IT was fun for awhile, but got boring... I returned it before finishing -- got $12 off GTA5.
  • Options

IT was fun for awhile, but got boring... I returned it before finishing -- got $12 off GTA5.

Yeah, it looked better than the first two, anyway.

Fun games, but I don't intend to play them again.
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Finished Mass Effect 2!!! That was Fun, now on to 3!
  • Options
    Finished Mass Effect 2!!! That was Fun, now on to 3!

Prepare to be disappointed
  • Options
    Just a few more weeks before Santa Amazon and his eight UPS trucks deliver my PS4 :P

It's a pretty week list of games availble for launch. Killzone is the only real exclusive, but the next gen versions of NFS Rivels and AC4 look awesome.

I'm also intrigued by the next gen version of Battlefield 4 as it is now similar to the PC version w/ 64 players. I'm not a huge multiplayer fan, but I've enjoyed Battlefield series because if someone is camping in a building, you just blow the building up.