• Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,633
    considering killing my PS4 preorder

Digging Rocksmith 2014 right now
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,127
    MayDay10 wrote:
    considering killing my PS4 preorder
    Can't resist not getting it now ... plus "the man" will finally start taxing internet orders in 2014 so I still have a chance to stiff him on thirty bucks. :P

Too bad Sony didn't have a PS4 version of Gran Turismo 6 .... although I would be surprised if the PS3 version hit the shelves before 2015.

If it wasn't for the Kinect, I would be playing the new Forza in a few weeks :x
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,775
    Jason P wrote:
    I'm also intrigued by the next gen version of Battlefield 4 as it is now similar to the PC version w/ 64 players. I'm not a huge multiplayer fan, but I've enjoyed Battlefield series because if someone is camping in a building, you just blow the building up.

i don't plan on getting a next gen console for a little bit so maybe my opinion of BF4 will change when that time comes, but doesn't look like they changed anything from BF3.

i've posted my love and/or fanboy-ness for the BF franchise several times in this thread, but it looks like they are just setting us up for disappointment with BF4. i didn't even download the beta.

on the next gen i am sure the visuals will be stunning and pure eye candy. but seems like the BF franchise has feel into the same repetitiveness that the COD franchise fell in years ago.

hope i'm wrong!
  • Options
    rival. wrote:
    on the next gen i am sure the visuals will be stunning and pure eye candy. but seems like the BF franchise has feel into the same repetitiveness that the COD franchise fell in years ago.

hope i'm wrong!
    I have not played since Bad Company 2 so I'm hoping it will be refreshing for me. Looks like the environments on the maps will change throughout the fight. I loved that on Twisted Metal 2.

Plus the have a small map where you can learn to use the vehicles ... I could never use any aircraft in past games because I would be shot down or nosedive into a mountain in about 10 seconds.
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    GTA V: Franklin's Shitty Vacation

http://youtu.be/iat0ntfPL5s
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    It's insane that Star Wars Battlefront never emerged on the current gen console. That game would make an insane amount of money.
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Jason P wrote:
    It's insane that Star Wars Battlefront never emerged on the current gen console. That game would make an insane amount of money.
    Well there is one coming in 2015, likely for the upcoming generation. Guess they could make them come out on the old gen as well.

Also just beat Bioshock Infinite. Great game!
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    Jason P wrote:
    Well there is one coming in 2015, likely for the upcoming generation. Guess they could make them come out on the old gen as well.

Also just beat Bioshock Infinite. Great game!
    Star Wars 1313 looked awesome but it's now dead along with Lucasarts. I thought they were doing Battlefront but it looks like DICE is in charge. Sucks to wait that long but they should have times to harness the next gen by then.
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Sadly, I had to cancel my PS4 pre order as well.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,267
    I'm not concerned with pre-orders. Pretty sure I'll be able to find one in the first week around here if I wanted to. Hell, I've never pre-ordered anything and haven't had problems.
    I tell myself that I'm going to wait, but I'm also very impulsive...soooooo... :lol:
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    GTA V is not good for "real life jon"
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    dankind wrote:

:lol::lol::lol:
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    My PS4 extra controller arrived tonight from Amazon. Initial impressions ...

Not much bigger then the PS3 controller, at least as I was expecting via photos ... Handles are much thicker and have a much better and natural feel akin to the 360. It fits in your hand naturally

It's a little more heavier then the PS3 but lighter then the 360 ... A good weight in my opinion

Triggers feel great. Not as wide as the 360 but should be great

The D-pad is awesome. Great click and response feel

The right hand buttons also feel great and responsive

The touch pad is easy to reach and clicks for another output.

The axis pads are in the same location as the PS3 controller. It may be that I'm used to the Xbox layout, but my only complaint is that I would like them to change the D-pad and the left axis controller around. Overall, it is a much improved controller compared to the PS3 and will be a winner in the long run.
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,545
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/30/ ... aunch-week

Buy 2 games get 1 free from target during Ps4 launch week, also applies for xbox one games :mrgreen:

I'm all over this
  • Options
    Lady friend called it quits on the weekend so I went out and got GTA V. Haven't tried it yet, but ought to use up my newfound free time nicely lol
    Hope I can get in on the free cash!
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,633
    I officially turfed my launch preorder for PS4.

between GTA V and Rocksmith 2014... and well as NCAA 2014 and Madden, I have plenty to keep me busy.
  • Options
    MayDay10 wrote:

between GTA V and Rocksmith 2014... and well as NCAA 2014 and Madden, I have plenty to keep me busy.
    Yeah that was one of the factors that made it easier not to jump on the new consoles for me too. Not the same games, but just lots to play in general...
  • Options
    Im a little surprised at GTa V... im about 33% done and I feel like I havent done shit.
    There was one cool heist mission, but it seems like the game is still only getting started. Missions and side quests are kinda boring so far... Trevor is fun though.
  • Options
    Im a little surprised at GTa V... im about 33% done and I feel like I havent done shit.
    There was one cool heist mission, but it seems like the game is still only getting started. Missions and side quests are kinda boring so far... Trevor is fun though.
    That percentage can be a bit misleading. I've stuck to mostly the storyline, played a long-ass time (story seems to be wrapping up) and my percentage is 40-50% or so. I believe had I done more side-stories, etc. that number would be much higher.
  • Options
    MayDay10 wrote:

I'm pretty sure I won't be getting one until early next year. Yeah, there are some games coming out for it that I'd like to play, but I have too many games on current-gen to still play through.
    I really wish next gen was backwards compatible. I know MS and Sony make more money by not allowing this and it will never happen again...but I'd like like to be able to have one box sitting under my TV. Don't like the clutter! :lol:
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    That percentage can be a bit misleading. I've stuck to mostly the storyline, played a long-ass time (story seems to be wrapping up) and my percentage is 40-50% or so. I believe had I done more side-stories, etc. that number would be much higher.

40-50% near wrapping up!?!? :fp:

It honestly feels like i've played 20% compared to past GTA games...there just doesnt seem to be a defined story or main plot. but I do a lot of the side stuff and save the main missions for later, so I guess that makes sense. Maybe I'm expecting too much. When I keep hearing how immense the game is, I expected to be playing until mid-2014 at least! :mrgreen:

Than again, I just realized that maybe it doesnt seem like i've gone far because its split up among three characters.
  • Options
    dankind wrote:

I love jumping on people and knocking them down :lol:
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:

40-50% near wrapping up!?!? :fp:

It honestly feels like i've played 20% compared to past GTA games...there just doesnt seem to be a defined story or main plot. but I do a lot of the side stuff and save the main missions for later, so I guess that makes sense. Maybe I'm expecting too much. When I keep hearing how immense the game is, I expected to be playing until mid-2014 at least! :mrgreen:

Than again, I just realized that maybe it doesnt seem like i've gone far because its split up among three characters.
    I don't know how the main story ends so it was just a hunch. I switch characters often and the last time I played I think Franklin had 6-7 open missions, Trevor had 5 and Michael 2. There is still a TON of stuff to do in my GTA world. Hell, there are even parts of the map that I haven't uncovered yet! :lol:
    I haven't played much online yet, but there seems to be a TON of content/missions in there too.
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    I don't know how the main story ends so it was just a hunch. I switch characters often and the last time I played I think Franklin had 6-7 open missions, Trevor had 5 and Michael 2. There is still a TON of stuff to do in my GTA world. Hell, there are even parts of the map that I haven't uncovered yet! :lol:
    I haven't played much online yet, but there seems to be a TON of content/missions in there too.

ahh, cool. I spent 2 hours yesterday trying to get a damned helicopter because I cant stand having the map uncovered. Then I always end up in a some crazy police chase and dead...by the way, I found that the train tracks are a good way to escape the police...tracks go into tunnels and its easier to lose the cops.
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:

ahh, cool. I spent 2 hours yesterday trying to get a damned helicopter because I cant stand having the map uncovered. Then I always end up in a some crazy police chase and dead...by the way, I found that the train tracks are a good way to escape the police...tracks go into tunnels and its easier to lose the cops.

Yeah, the cops are definitely tougher to shake in this GTA. Train tracks are good, and if you're on the highway, driving off overpasses is a quick way to get them off your ass! :lol:
    I was doing a mission that triggered 3-4 stars. Ugh! It literally took me like 30 minutes to get rid of them. Can't tell you how many cars I destroyed in the process. Those cops are good at shooting your tires. Bastards! :lol::lol:
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

Yeah, the cops are definitely tougher to shake in this GTA. Train tracks are good, and if you're on the highway, driving off overpasses is a quick way to get them off your ass! :lol:
    I was doing a mission that triggered 3-4 stars. Ugh! It literally took me like 30 minutes to get rid of them. Can't tell you how many cars I destroyed in the process. Those cops are good at shooting your tires. Bastards! :lol::lol:

I think it's a lot easier. All you have to do is find a good hiding spot... get out of the car and find a good barrier to hide behind. Many times they will walk right past you.

This is much tougher once the choppers are on you.
  • Options
    I think it's a lot easier. All you have to do is find a good hiding spot... get out of the car and find a good barrier to hide behind. Many times they will walk right past you.

At first I thought it was so much harder to lose them too -- then I started hitting the alleys and backyards. I think they are fucking relentless in a vehicle on open road, but hiding is a bit easier on foot it seems. :lol:
  • Options

At first I thought it was so much harder to lose them too -- then I started hitting the alleys and backyards. I think they are fucking relentless in a vehicle on open road, but hiding is a bit easier on foot it seems. :lol:

It's damn near impossible to lose them on the open road. You're doing it wrong if you keep trying to outrun them in a car.
  • Options

1-2 stars I just drive away. Couldn't be easier.
    3 stars is tough because there is a chopper. Damn chopper always seems to find me.
  • Options
    IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/30/target-offering-buy-2-get-1-free-deal-during-ps4-launch-week

Buy 2 games get 1 free from target during Ps4 launch week, also applies for xbox one games :mrgreen:

I'm all over this

thanks for the heads up.
    -

FIFA, NBA 2k and battlefield are my current 3 choices. But I hear FIFA, 2K are just slightly re skinned versions of last years game?