Options

The video game thread.

Comments

• Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,775
    MayDay10 wrote:
    the first thing I did was bang out a hooker.

Then I hit the strip club and banged out a stripper.

I feel shame and am assessing my life

:lol::lol:

all the talk i have been hearing about this game (inside and outside of this forum) involves banging hookers and strippers.

how is the game play? who cares, we get to bang hookers!
    how are the missions? who cares, we get to bang hookers!

the last GTA game i played was san andreas. i might need to invest in this one :lol:
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,633
    I have played for about 4 hours and I would say that I am very pleased with the game so far. At this point I had started to really question GTA IV.

Anyone watch "The Loneliest Robot in Great Britain" yet? Twisted and awesome.
    Also went on the web on the cell phone, to a reality TV site and one of the questions was: "Are you the kind of guy who wants to eat a plate of Racoon feces on a fake desert island?". I lol-ed at that and sent a pic to a friend.

I also find myself kind of unconsciously playing like the Characters would act, which is pretty cool.

Played the tennis game as well, and it is a solid, challenging stand-alone mini game.

then there is this:
    0_0.jpg
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Anyone play 18 holes yet? I dont have the game but am curious to hear how the golf game works.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    Anyone play 18 holes yet? I dont have the game but am curious to hear how the golf game works.

I hear it works a lot like a lot of golfing games. But, that's just from some videos I've watched on it.
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,724
    MayDay10 wrote:
    I have played for about 4 hours and I would say that I am very pleased with the game so far. At this point I had started to really question GTA IV.

Anyone watch "The Loneliest Robot in Great Britain" yet? Twisted and awesome.
    Also went on the web on the cell phone, to a reality TV site and one of the questions was: "Are you the kind of guy who wants to eat a plate of Racoon feces on a fake desert island?". I lol-ed at that and sent a pic to a friend.

I also find myself kind of unconsciously playing like the Characters would act, which is pretty cool.

Played the tennis game as well, and it is a solid, challenging stand-alone mini game.

then there is this:
    0_0.jpg
    I guess I'm not the only one to take the photo. :lol:

To be fair, mine was from a different angle.
    NERDS!
  • Options
    Dog sex? This game has it all
  • Options
    Better yet... you get to be the dog
  • Options
    GTA is fantastic
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Just started the GTA4 dlc and it really isn't making me want to buy a new GTA...
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,267
    Rygar wrote:
    Just started the GTA4 dlc and it really isn't making me want to buy a new GTA...

GTA4 was garbage.
    GTA5 is pretty badass.

The games are very different.
  • Options
    yes. I agree. I did not enjoy GTA IV. It was a huge letdown after the progressions from II-III-VC-SA...

This game is much more SA than GTA IV.

One of the few knocks of the game has been story line, but I have to say that I really am digging the characters so far.
  • Options
    PRL1JAMPRL1JAM Posts: 785
    MayDay10 wrote:
    yes. I agree. I did not enjoy GTA IV. It was a huge letdown after the progressions from II-III-VC-SA...

One of the few knocks of the game has been story line, but I have to say that I really am digging the characters so far.

I actually enjoyed GTA4, so I am assuming I will really like the new one. Especially if it is like you say, "more SA", than GTA 4. SA, and Vice City are my favorites, so I am really looking forward to getting the latest installment. Wanted to pick it up last week but I had to get caught up on some bills. Next week for sure
  • Options
    PRL1JAM wrote:
    MayDay10 wrote:

I actually enjoyed GTA4, so I am assuming I will really like the new one. Especially if it is like you say, "more SA", than GTA 4. SA, and Vice City are my favorites, so I am really looking forward to getting the latest installment. Wanted to pick it up last week but I had to get caught up on some bills. Next week for sure
    Totally worth it so far. The characters and dialogue are cray.
    NERDS!
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,267
    PRL1JAM wrote:
    MayDay10 wrote:

GTA5 is very "San Andreas". SA and VC were my favorites too.
    If you like SA and like GTA4, you'll LOVE GTA5.
  • Options
    PRL1JAM wrote:
    MayDay10 wrote:

Totally worth it so far. The characters and dialogue are cray.

awesome! I can not wait to play this game :thumbup:
  • Options
    PRL1JAM wrote:
    MayDay10 wrote:

I didn't mind 4 either, but it got old to me. I never got into San Andreas at all, VC and 3 were my favourites (in that order).

My question for GTA V - is there a Phil Collins song on any of the stations?
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    PRL1JAM wrote:
    MayDay10 wrote:

I didn't mind 4 either, but it got old to me. I never got into San Andreas at all, VC and 3 were my favourites (in that order).

My question for GTA V - is there a Phil Collins song on any of the stations?

I have run across one Phil Collins song. It was also used as the music for the beginning of an early mission.

Also you get to meet Laszlow from the Radio show in GTA 5!
    NERDS!
  • Options

I have run across one Phil Collins song. It was also used as the music for the beginning of an early mission.

Also you get to meet Laszlow from the Radio show in GTA 5!
    Well if Phil's got a song on the radio then it's ok with me!
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    PRL1JAM wrote:
    MayDay10 wrote:

GTA5 is very "San Andreas". SA and VC were my favorites too.
    If you like SA and like GTA4, you'll LOVE GTA5.

sweet! very excited to play GTA5 now :thumbup:
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,127
    Phil Collins ... "I Don't Care Anymore" :P
  • Options
    Random note: now that Phil Collins has entered the thread ... all throughout the 80's, people kept telling me that Phil Collins was the best drummer in the world and that Prince was the best guitarist.

How much coke was everyone doing in the 80's to make such crazy proclamations? :crazy:
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    You guys are killing me, i'm trying not to get it, i tend to forget i have a wife and family and friends :evil:

If i can hold out until January, i can take a weeks vacation and do it the right way.
  • Options
    Jason P wrote:
    Random note: now that Phil Collins has entered the thread ... all throughout the 80's, people kept telling me that Phil Collins was the best drummer in the world and that Prince was the best guitarist.

How much coke was everyone doing in the 80's to make such crazy proclamations? :crazy:
    Lol I'm not saying he's the best but have you ever seen him do any solo drumming?
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    You guys are killing me, i'm trying not to get it, i tend to forget i have a wife and family and friends :evil:

If i can hold out until January, i can take a weeks vacation and do it the right way.

That is exactly what I'm doing buddy!
    Frozen pizzas and me in my underwear for a damned week. Sexy, I know. :lol:
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    Jason P wrote:

Phil was an excellent drummer, but not the best. Prince, I will argue was the best. I was a kid in the 80's so there was no Coke involved in my opinion. :lol:
    NERDS!
  • Options
    The thing with Phil is that a lot of his hit songs involved crappy drum machine rhythm. It would be like someone telling me Stevie Via was a great guitar shredder but the only songs I heard him play, he was rocking the pan flute.

:fp: :lol: :fp:
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158

That is exactly what I'm doing buddy!
    Frozen pizzas and me in my underwear for a damned week. Sexy, I know. :lol:

That's experience shining threw! :ugeek: :lol:
  • Options
    NCAA Football is officially dead. :cry:

NCAA 13 is one of the best football games I ever played. I hadn't played video games in over five years. One day I was waiting for a haircut and a nearby store had a demo of an Xbox and NCAA 13. I instantly bought it and I think I played five season over the next month.