Don't Install Grand Theft Auto V's Xbox 360 "Play" Disc
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/16/ ... -play-disc
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    Im excited.

Looks like I may have to sit on it until Thursday or Friday though. Wife and I have invested way too much time into America's Got Talent this year to miss the Finale.
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    They gave 4 a 10 as well.
    360 Owners!

Good to know, usually the first thing I do!
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    I'm definitely going to pick up GTA5. Probably this weekend. I was very disappointed in GTA4 but this sounds like its going to be way more fun! :D

In other news, I traded in Madden 25 for NHL '14. Madden was complete garbage! NHL '14 is what I should have gotten in the first place! :x :D
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    ashley-williams-from-mass-effect.jpg

Nailed her this weekend, kind of feel guilty, i didn't even like her, kind of a racists tea-party type, but i needed the trophy.

Nailed her this weekend, kind of feel guilty, i didn't even like her, kind of a racists tea-party type, but i needed the trophy.
    Nothin a trip to Virmire won't take care of.
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Anybody buy GTAV overnight?
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
    Rygar wrote:

Nothin a trip to Virmire won't take care of.

Nice!, next time through i'm going Renegade and banging the blue chick.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    I finally dug into Bioshock Infinate this weekend. It's a great game although not quite as good as the original. The atmosphere of Rapture was creepier and the perks and powers were much better. I don't find myself using my powers very often and just use my sniper rifle most the time. I'm playing standard difficulty and have only died once and that's because the doorbell rang.

Looking forward to GTA V later this evening. (postman better not screw up :x )
  • Jason P wrote:
    I finally dug into Bioshock Infinate this weekend. It's a great game although not quite as good as the original. The atmosphere of Rapture was creepier and the perks and powers were much better. I don't find myself using my powers very often and just use my sniper rifle most the time. I'm playing standard difficulty and have only died once and that's because the doorbell rang.

Though I dont like first person shooters, I loved Bioshock infinite for the first two days. I played it last night, and I'm getting bored. I think you're right, I never use the powers. I cant tell if they work or not. But I enjoy using the hand cannon and shotgun. it forces me to get up close to enemies and really fuck their day up.

I think its getting repetitive searching every corner for crap that usually ends up being salts or health.

I'm dying to try out gtaV too, but I may wait until I have some vacation in November. :ugeek:
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    Jason P wrote:

I like Infinite. I loved the first one but couldn't get through the second one at all.

I just got Forza Horizon on the weekend - 25% off used games at Best Buy so I reserved it online then picked it up, turned out to be a Limited Edition with valid dlc codes...that doesn't happen too often!

Way more forgiving than Forza 4!
    Rygar wrote:
    I just got Forza Horizon on the weekend - 25% off used games at Best Buy so I reserved it online then picked it up, turned out to be a Limited Edition with valid dlc codes...that doesn't happen too often!

Way more forgiving than Forza 4!
    I got bored with Horizon after a while. Night races are a pain.
    Not a fan of the rubber banding, but the driving itself is fun.
    ‘GTA V’ A Sophisticated Gaming Experience, Says Man Who Spent 3 Hours Running Over Homeless People With Fire Truck

News in Brief • Entertainment • video games • ISSUE 49•38 • Sep 17, 2013

DAYTON, OH—Calling the latest installment of the video game franchise “complex” and “highly nuanced,” local man Kevin Mitchell, who just spent the past 3 hours brutally driving over homeless characters with a stolen fire truck, confirmed Tuesday that Grand Theft Auto V provides a deeply sophisticated gaming experience. “The narrative is dynamic and multilayered, the characterizations are brilliantly assured, and the vast open-world experience creates a style of play that is both revolutionary in design and intellectually stimulating,” Mitchell told reporters, moments before making his in-game character block traffic with a bus to create a 10-car pileup in the middle of the street, toss grenades at unsuspecting pedestrians while standing on top of an ambulance, and jump off a building into the spinning blades of a helicopter. “And nowhere is GTA V more groundbreaking than when it is deftly skewering the vices and follies of contemporary culture with its razor-sharp social commentary.” At press time, Mitchell was remarking on the game’s “stunningly inventive storycraft” while repeatedly kicking a Los Santos resident until blood pooled around their lifeless body.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/gta-v-a-sophisticated-gaming-experience-says-man-w,33893/
  • PRL1JAMPRL1JAM Posts: 787
    damn, I CAN'T wait to pick up GTA 5 next week
    The latest installment of the Grand Theft Auto video game series launches Tuesday. Here are a few of the new features gamers can look forward to:

•15-hour opening cinematic scene

•Character now sometimes steps in gum

•Users can unlock one free episode of the 1960’s action-comedy Car Robbers! on which the franchise is based

•Gamers can dress characters up in any outfits they want, much as a 5-year-old girl would with her doll

•Solid Thai restaurants

•Online multiplayer mode where up to 16 players can hold hands

•Free admission to botanical gardens while playing during hours of 11 a.m and 4 p.m. on Sundays

•Like previous installments, gameplay immerses players in alternate reality where their lives are rich and meaningful

•All three protagonists inexplicably named Gideon

•Ability to lick everything

•After you finish playing it for the first time, you will become known by friends and coworkers as a very cool guy, and everyone will want to talk to you about your fascinating exploits in the game
    Just got a copy of GTA5.

Installing....

Shit takes forever!!! I just wanna kill some hookers damnit! :lol:
    mca47 wrote:
    Just got a copy of GTA5.

Installing....

Game is a lot of fun so far! :thumbup:
  • mca47 wrote:
    Just got a copy of GTA5.

Installing....

Just so you know, a hooker is good for other things I hear, like nice conversation. :P
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    mca47 wrote:
    Just got a copy of GTA5.

Installing....

Just so you know, a hooker is good for other things I hear, like nice conversation. :P
    Oh, I WILL be getting my money back!! :lol:

Game is 100x better than that piece of crap GTA4! Played for about 3 hours, I want to play more!
    I also played tennis. Was surprised how well that was done. Sucked at first but then kicked some ass! :D I heard you can play a full round of golf too! When you're not killing hookers that is.... :lol::lol:
    I went through the long loading/saving process, then played.

I like it, I think. Only played about 20 minutes, some early observations:
    I liked the driving, the graphics are awesome. It does give you a lot of instructions for controls on the fly that are hard to catch though... Looking at the map made me excited. What caught my eye was 3 airports, a prison, and triathlons... and of course, the mountain.

The new cop "system" is much improved... you outrun them, then you have to lay low. Also the live map/gps is much better too, providing a more 3d point of view instead of just 2d overhead.
    360 Owners!

Update on this - install play disc to a USB drive for improved performance.
    While I was installing GTA V last night, friends came over and didn't leave until 10pm ... I resisted playing because I knew I would be up until 2am.

Oh well, I have a new Sony soundbar arriving this evening so this will be a good way to break it in.
    i'm hearing in GTA5 the hooker relations are very realistic and you have options :shock: :P :lol:
  • PRL1JAMPRL1JAM Posts: 787
    i'm hearing in GTA5 the hooker relations are very realistic and you have options :shock: :P :lol:

options? :lol::clap:
    Met my first one a few hours into the game. I made a few "transactions", dropped her off ... and then ran her over with my car and took back my money.

:angel:
    the first thing I did was bang out a hooker.

Then I hit the strip club and banged out a stripper.

I feel shame and am assessing my life
    Jason P wrote:
    Met my first one a few hours into the game. I made a few "transactions", dropped her off ... and then ran her over with my car and took back my money.

Merica! :lol:
  • Jason P wrote:

Classic
    They have taken in >$1 Billion dollars already.