The video game thread.

Comments

• Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    The game Everybody's Gone to the Rapture has certainly gathered my attention.
    http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/08/20/ga ... ure-teaser
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/20/ ... ed-for-ps4
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    Jason P wrote:
    I didn't know that Plants vs. Zombies 2 is out! :shock:
    I've been playing it the last couple of days. It's ok....nothing great.
    I'm almost done with the second "world".
  • smanchac1smanchac1 Posts: 2,256
    smanchac1 wrote:
    Picking up saints row 4 in the morning!

I saw a review for it on IGN and completely lost interest. But I hope I'm wrong.

I did too and then saw a metric score of 84 and a few 5 star..

The first part was lame (like in 3) but once you get out into the world it's fun and crazy :)
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Jason P wrote:
    Rygar wrote:
    Oh, and Sony is considering releasing GT6 on Dec 6, 2013. The year might be subject to interpretation ;)
    wait ... let me get my official GT calculator first and verify ... :think: ... Nov 13, 2015 :fp:
    :lol:
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,148
    I just ordered a video game system this weekend........... Super Nintendo! :lol:

My mom gave away all my classic consoles when I was a teenager and I have had an itch to get SNES back. Ordered it along with 10 games. Made a list and there are 25 other games I will still want to get :shock:.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    I just ordered a video game system this weekend........... Super Nintendo! :lol:

My mom gave away all my classic consoles when I was a teenager and I have had an itch to get SNES back. Ordered it along with 10 games. Made a list and there are 25 other games I will still want to get :shock:.
    I bet Super Star Wars is one of those games!
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Should I buy madden 25?
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    SVRDhand13 wrote:

:thumbup:

i brought my NES out to chicago last month when i was home visiting my parents in jersey. NES with the original controllers (complete and covered in stickers that you used to find inside a few issues of nintendo power) from when i was about six and about 30 games. had to leave the powerpad at my parent's though... didn't want TSA giving me a hard time at the gate :lol:

one thing i learned very quickly when i hooked it up to my TV... my girlfriend is LETHAL at dr. mario. i can't beat her! i can't win one f'ing game! :lol: :fp:
  • weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,292
    rival. wrote:
    SVRDhand13 wrote:

i brought my NES out to chicago last month when i was home visiting my parents in jersey. NES with the original controllers (complete and covered in stickers that you used to find inside a few issues of nintendo power) from when i was about six and about 30 games. had to leave the powerpad at my parent's though... didn't want TSA giving me a hard time at the gate :lol:

one thing i learned very quickly when i hooked it up to my TV... my girlfriend is LETHAL at dr. mario. i can't beat her! i can't win one f'ing game! :lol: :fp:

thats funny, the one game my wife beats me at 9 out of 10 times is dr mario.
    rival. wrote:
    SVRDhand13 wrote:

I had a girlfriend in college who I'd get into serious Dr. Mario battles with. She probably beat me 60-70% of the time.
    It used to get heated! :lol::lol:
    Damn that game! :lol:
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    :lol: glad i am not alone! damn that game is right!

it has gotten to the point to where she taunts me. "maybe i should put my settings on level 8 and you should put yours on level 1... maybe you need that handicap."

the only way i beat her is if she runs out of room and reaches the top of the pill jar.

i am generally decent at most video games i pick up. but this fucking game... i SUCK! :lol:
    I'm really looking forward to Dark Souls 2. I don't think it comes out until early next year, but that one is a day one purchase for me! The last two "Souls" games were phenomenal!
    Just beat Hitman Absolution, pretty good! If you liked Blood Money it's an easy purchase.
    Rygar wrote:
    Just beat Hitman Absolution, pretty good! If you liked Blood Money it's an easy purchase.

Cool. I believe Hitman Abs is free on the PSN (PS+) right now....or it was.
    I'll have to check it out! :thumbup:
    mca47 wrote:
    Rygar wrote:

Well it's been 19.99 for a good while too ;)

I got it free with the new Tomb Raider, which, if I haven't already said so in here, is also excellent!
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    Rygar wrote:
    just started Mass Effect #1, being at work today is difficult.

Finished that for the second time yesterday... on my second with Mass Effect 2 right now.
    I played ME1 at least 6 times. Loved it.
    I am on my second playthrough on ME2, on Insanity difficulty, but I am struggling to stay interest. 6 or 7 playthroughs of ME1 led to a case of sequelitis, I think.

I don't think I could play the first one 6 times. Awesome game, but I think 2 encompasses everything that was great about the franchise. Looking forward to playing it multiple times.
    Rygar wrote:
    mca47 wrote:
    Rygar wrote:

Well it's been 19.99 for a good while too ;)

I got it free with the new Tomb Raider, which, if I haven't already said so in here, is also excellent!
    That's cool. Wasn't $20 I ever intended to spend so....win.

I do also want to check out the new Tomb Raider. Never been a fan of the past games but this one looked intriguing.
    Rygar wrote:

Finished that for the second time yesterday... on my second with Mass Effect 2 right now.
    I played ME1 at least 6 times. Loved it.
    I am on my second playthrough on ME2, on Insanity difficulty, but I am struggling to stay interest. 6 or 7 playthroughs of ME1 led to a case of sequelitis, I think.

I don't think I could play the first one 6 times. Awesome game, but I think 2 encompasses everything that was great about the franchise. Looking forward to playing it multiple times.
    It was 1000 pts I had to have...
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    smanchac1 wrote:
    smanchac1 wrote:
    Picking up saints row 4 in the morning!

I saw a review for it on IGN and completely lost interest. But I hope I'm wrong.

I did too and then saw a metric score of 84 and a few 5 star..

The first part was lame (like in 3) but once you get out into the world it's fun and crazy :)

I guess I just liked when they were a tad more realistic. PArt 2 was my favorite. I may still give this one a shot - Im just glad I didnt buy it assuming it would be like pt 2 or 3. This one looks SO over the top crazy! :lol:
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    SVRDhand13 wrote:

I downloaded a snes emulator on my laptop.

Has every game!

Hook my laptop to TV w HDMI cord

Bought an Xbox controller adapter for PC

Gaming snes on my 56" TV for $15 bucks w all games!! :)
    LloydXmas wrote:
    Should I buy madden 25?

There's a free demo on Xbox live or psn

I bought it last year and saw it for $20 online everywhere at Black Friday.

My advice is wait a bit and its much cheaper.

Speaking of cheap - I buy most of my games used on eBay 4-6 months after release and always pay between $5-$20.

Every tour I wait on games and after the tour i catch up on newer games I missed but much cheaper :)

I guess I just liked when they were a tad more realistic. PArt 2 was my favorite. I may still give this one a shot - Im just glad I didnt buy it assuming it would be like pt 2 or 3. This one looks SO over the top crazy! :lol:

Saints Row 2 is the shit. :lol:
    Rygar wrote:
    It was 1000 pts I had to have...

Right on :lol:
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    smanchac1 wrote:
    SVRDhand13 wrote:

I downloaded a snes emulator on my laptop.

Has every game!

Hook my laptop to TV w HDMI cord

Bought an Xbox controller adapter for PC

Gaming snes on my 56" TV for $15 bucks w all games!! :)
    where did you download it from?
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    I have one on my smartphone. Plus Nintendo, plus Sega.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,788
    anyone have any of these games? :corn:

http://mentalfloss.com/article/24237/9- ... cartridges
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    The new Nintendo 2DS ...

Plays the 3DS games with no 3D. For $130. And an odd design. :think:

WiiU will also have a $50 drop in price for the 32 GB model.
  • Looking forward to the New Dead Rising 3 game for the XB1

The trailers looks pretty amazing.
    NERDS!
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Just started The Last of Us.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    Can't wait for NHL 14 to come out in a couple weeks...