The video game thread.

Comments

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Grid 2 has a $189,000 collectors edition.

Me wanty.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/05/24/grid-2-mono-edition/
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,822
    Any word or rumors on how much PS4 and xbox one are going to be???
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,279
    Any word or rumors on how much PS4 and xbox one are going to be???
    Just rumors so far. I've heard $400-450 for PS4 and Xbox One. I've also heard that there might be a Xbox One for around $300 if you subscribe to the premier Xbox Live for a year.
    From what I've seen, I'd probably expect both to be around the $400-450 range.

I also doubt Sony or MS will announce a price at E3. They are going to want people to get excited for their systems as long as possible...then release the numbers right before they go on sale...to make people want it more. If either comes out at E3 and says "Our new system will cost $450", despite that probably being accurate, it'll definitely deflate the "buzz" and excitement for the new system.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668
    I actually dont think $450 is that unreasonable, deflating, or surprising.
    Amazon's German store for a short time had the pre-order listed for the xbox at $500 euros ($770 us).

I don't think they will charge that much but you never know.

My guess is $600 for xbox (or $450 along w/ a 2 year contract ala the cell phone industry).

$450 for PS4.

WiiU goes down to $300 for the deluxe version.
    in other news, I pre-ordered GTA V, NCAA Football 14, and Madden 25.
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    MayDay10 wrote:
    Is GTA 5 now going to be a PS4 title, or has that just been delayed for a PS3 release?
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
    from what I see, GTA V is PS3 and XBox 360
    MayDay10 wrote:
    Is GTA 5 now going to be a PS4 title, or has that just been delayed for a PS3 release?
    PS3 and 360 only.

I wonder how long it'll take before they make one for the new systems? I mean, it's taken them what, 5-6 years to develop GTA 5?

I'd actually rather see another Red Dead Redemption type game for the new systems. Red Dead was and is an awesome, awesome game! Way better than GTA IMO.
    I have to admit, the Kinect could be a potential deal breaker. I'll plug it in if necessary, but I'm facing it towards my back wall behind my TV.

If that causes the system to not work, I'm not getting one. I'm not letting Microsoft or anyone have a camera recording my living room 24 / 7.
    mca47 wrote:
    I'd actually rather see another Red Dead Redemption type game for the new systems. Red Dead was and is an awesome, awesome game! Way better than GTA IMO.

I agree with that. I thought GTA IV sucked in many ways. GTA 2, GTA 3, Vice City, and San Andreas were great, but GTA IV was a step back in every way except graphically. Im hoping GTA V restores a lot of things that GTA IV un-did.

Red Dead was great. Id do another one of those.
    MayDay10 wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

I agree with that. I thought GTA IV sucked in many ways. GTA 2, GTA 3, Vice City, and San Andreas were great, but GTA IV was a step back in every way except graphically. Im hoping GTA V restores a lot of things that GTA IV un-did.

Yeah, I didn't even finish GTA 4. Hell, I don't think I got halfway through it. I was not a fan. I didn't like the story, I didn't like the driving mechanic...so much was a turn-off.
    It is pretty amazing that Rockstar didn't do another Red Dead game. It sold a bazillion copies, and as a company, they don't really have problems doing sequels.
    It is kinda funny though. When their last game came out about a year ago (Max Payne I believe) a local radio station was talking to a Rockstar developer. The DJ asked him if they were ever going to come out with another Red Dead game because he and everyone he knew loved it. The developer responded something like "That will never happen". He made it seem like there was no way they'd even consider it....yet they make sequels for their other games... :?
    Jason P wrote:
    I have to admit, the Kinect could be a potential deal breaker. I'll plug it in if necessary, but I'm facing it towards my back wall behind my TV.

If that causes the system to not work, I'm not getting one. I'm not letting Microsoft or anyone have a camera recording my living room 24 / 7.

Yeah, that is really creepy. If I ever get one, there is no way I'm having it facing my living room!! Hell, I'd probably just unplug the damn thing if I wasn't using the Xbox!

We'll see. I just don't like the idea of developers watching/listening to me as I play. Messed up!
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,822
    mca47 wrote:
    Jason P wrote:

Yeah, that is really creepy. If I ever get one, there is no way I'm having it facing my living room!! Hell, I'd probably just unplug the damn thing if I wasn't using the Xbox!

We'll see. I just don't like the idea of developers watching/listening to me as I play. Messed up!

Yeah, that is really fucked up. I've always been an xbox guy, but this might be a deal-breaker for me.
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    mca47 wrote:
    MayDay10 wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

Yeah, I didn't even finish GTA 4. Hell, I don't think I got halfway through it. I was not a fan. I didn't like the story, I didn't like the driving mechanic...so much was a turn-off.
    It is pretty amazing that Rockstar didn't do another Red Dead game. It sold a bazillion copies, and as a company, they don't really have problems doing sequels.
    It is kinda funny though. When their last game came out about a year ago (Max Payne I believe) a local radio station was talking to a Rockstar developer. The DJ asked him if they were ever going to come out with another Red Dead game because he and everyone he knew loved it. The developer responded something like "That will never happen". He made it seem like there was no way they'd even consider it....yet they make sequels for their other games... :?

dang thats crazy.
    I just started playing Red Dead again, and I NEVER replay games.
    I'd like to see a part 2 also.

I think the problem with GTA 4 was that you never felt like you were building an empire like the previous ones. I liked how in San Andreas you could gain control of territories. (although it was kinda anticlimactic after you got them all)
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    edited May 2013
    San Andreas had the RPG/Personalization feel. You improved skills, there were numerous different weapons, you had the ability to customize your character w/ tats/afro, or even getting too fat eating fast food.
    Also, the differences in landscape were great. You had 3 different unique cities in LA, SF, and LV, as well as Mountain, woods/hills, and desert. Also could fly planes. The mountain alone w/the parachute was like a playground. The races in the game were also very challenging. I remember having to replay a few of them dozens of times, which was fun.

GTA IV with just the boring city, with "friends" calling your cell off the hook and forcing you to pick them up, go eat dinner, drop them off, etc... over and over again sucked the life completely out of the game. The races were almost all one-and-dones. The music was a step back from San Andreas' 90s. No planes. Tanks were taken away. No Kill-Frenzies. No parachute. It streamlined (eliminated) any opportunity for personalization.
    Post edited by MayDay10 on
  • KatKat Posts: 4,832
    Is anyone here a Nova, Forerunner, Reclaimer or Inheritor?

:)
    Falling down,...not staying down
    Sooooo...apparently on the new Xbox, you can get achievements for watching TV.

:fp:

• RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    mca47 wrote:

Yay gamerscore!

I have heard also that achievements can be altered or modified (it was vague) based on your reactions, that is neat..ish.
    Rygar wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

Yay gamerscore!

I have heard also that achievements can be altered or modified (it was vague) based on your reactions, that is neat..ish.
    Really? :lol:

Pretty sure I'd land the "Gets most pissed off", "Controller smasher pro" and "F-Bomb" achievements. :lol:
    mca47 wrote:
    Really? :lol:

Pretty sure I'd land the "Gets most pissed off", "Controller smasher pro" and "F-Bomb" achievements. :lol:
    XBox One has detected rage: Achievement alteration, "Let the Wookie Win"
    The Last of Us got a perfect score (10) on IGN.

Can't wait to play it!!! :D
    I think I may get that, download off of PSN. Maybe preorder from Amazon. Ill have 2 weeks holed up at home at the beginning of July when I have my ACL reconstruction!

Plants vs Zombies 2 announced!
    mca47 wrote:
    The Last of Us got a perfect score (10) on IGN.

Can't wait to play it!!! :D
    Hmmm. Does the game have blood dragons in it?
    The Last of Us is averaging 95 on Metacritic. I usually take the average between IGN and Gamespot to gauge a game. IGN at 100. Gamespot at 80. So still looking good overall at 90.
    Beat the new Tomb Raider, excellent game but very short (100% completion after 5 days).
    I played The Cave the other day. Kind of tough to figure out what the hell was going on at first, but finally figured out the physics. Good, fun little game that was free on PS+

The Last of Us preordered for Friday. We will see. I typically rate 'linear' type of games lower than open world.

I have a severe backlog of games and some on preorder.
    Im at the end of Borderlands
    I would like to finish up Skyrim
    Borderlands 2 still in shrinkwrap
    About 25% through Assassins Creed 3

Then preorder
    The Last of Us
    NCAA 14
    Madden 25
    GTA V
    MayDay10 wrote:
    I played The Cave the other day. Kind of tough to figure out what the hell was going on at first, but finally figured out the physics. Good, fun little game that was free on PS+

The Last of Us preordered for Friday. We will see. I typically rate 'linear' type of games lower than open world.

I have a severe backlog of games and some on preorder.
    Im at the end of Borderlands
    I would like to finish up Skyrim
    Borderlands 2 still in shrinkwrap
    About 25% through Assassins Creed 3

Then preorder
    The Last of Us
    NCAA 14
    Madden 25
    GTA V
    Yeah that isn't a small amount of time. I am slowly catching up on them, but still started the new Hitman before going back to an older game. E3 time.
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    New E3 WatchDogs Trailer:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqoQG_XYF-8

PS4 E3 Reveal at 8:20pm tonight

Metal Gear V announced for Xbox One too.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.