The video game thread.

Comments

• mca47mca47 Posts: 13,279
    In other news...
    Next gen games will be sold for current gen prices!

:thumbup:
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    mca47 wrote:
    In other news...

That's old news ;)
    Rygar wrote:
    mca47 wrote:
    In other news...

That's old news ;)
    Well, it was assumed news based off of what some Sony exec said. Microsoft confirmed it.
    mca47 wrote:
    Rygar wrote:
    mca47 wrote:
    In other news...

That's old news ;)
    Well, it was assumed news based off of what some Sony exec said. Microsoft confirmed it.
    Works for me!
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    If Sony and Microsoft were smart, they would charge $60 for a retail game and $50 for a digital download.

I'm sure they would profit more on the $50 download and sell more games in the process. And it gives the consumer an option to choose from. It's win / win.
    Jason P wrote:
    If Sony and Microsoft were smart, they would charge $60 for a retail game and $50 for a digital download.

I'm sure they would profit more on the $50 download and sell more games in the process. And it gives the consumer an option to choose from. It's win / win.
    Especially now that physical discs with the XB1 are apparently near meaningless :P
    Just finished The Last of Us.

Fantastic game!
    Well deserved of the praise it's getting.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668
    rumors are that XBox will be reversing its DRM and Online Check-In policies today
    MayDay10 wrote:
    rumors are that XBox will be reversing its DRM and Online Check-In policies today
    Would be a good move.
    How they ever thought people would be okay with that... :?
    The most recent scenario that has been brought to my attention:

What happens when XBox Two or whatever comes out and they need to close off the servers for XBox One? Do all the units become bricks because they cant check in? Was there ever anything said/any assurances?
  • KatKat Posts: 4,832
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Kat wrote:
    OK.. Kat putting up a link that my company says I can't see :shock:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • KatKat Posts: 4,832
    Kat wrote:

quoted from article about XB1.
    No more always online requirement
    The console no longer has to check in every 24 hours
    All game discs will work on Xbox One as they do on Xbox 360
    An Internet connection is only required when initially setting up the console
    All downloaded games will function the same when online or offline
    No additional restrictions on trading games or loaning discs
    Region locks have been dropped
    Falling down,...not staying down
    Kat wrote:
    Kat wrote:

Well done Microsoft! :thumbup:
    mca47 wrote:
    Kat wrote:

Agreed! Someone ought to talk to the boys in marketing about that fiasco..
    Wow. Talk about an about-face.

Get rid of the Kinect requirement and I might reconsider jumping ship. Oh, and drop the price a $100 too. :P
    and rename it the Xbox 180.

:mrgreen:
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    So what's the verdict on Last of Us? Is it kinda like Uncharted?
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    Jason P wrote:

Get rid of the Kinect requirement and I might reconsider jumping ship. Oh, and drop the price a $100 too. :P
    The kinect is the reason it is 100 more.
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,774
    Rygar wrote:
    Jason P wrote:

Some people think its creepy...that it might have someone on the other end watching you scratch your nuts or whatnot cause of the whole NSA stuff

Its similar. Although I have issues, the reception has been overwhelmingly positive.
    This XBox thing seems very stange to me.

They claim they had this grand vision of limitless games, sharing, into a future of gaming bliss for users.

But now all the internet memes and complaining by Sony "Fanboys" have forced them to strip all these awesome features.

I dont get why not adjust a few things. Properly announce what their "cloud" gaming really means and what it is capable of. Why is it more limitless than a CD + Bonus/downloadable content? Maybe stretch the internet "check-in" to a week or a month (which is much more reasonable).

It just appears so sloppily put together IMO. The 'all-or-none' thing seems strange
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,774
    MayDay10 wrote:
    This XBox thing seems very stange to me.

They claim they had this grand vision of limitless games, sharing, into a future of gaming bliss for users.

But now all the internet memes and complaining by Sony "Fanboys" have forced them to strip all these awesome features.

I dont get why not adjust a few things. Properly announce what their "cloud" gaming really means and what it is capable of. Why is it more limitless than a CD + Bonus/downloadable content? Maybe stretch the internet "check-in" to a week or a month (which is much more reasonable).

It just appears so sloppily put together IMO. The 'all-or-none' thing seems strange

I agree...this is what happens when you have a kneejerk reaction
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    Rygar wrote:
    Jason P wrote:

Some people think its creepy...that it might have someone on the other end watching you scratch your nuts or whatnot cause of the whole NSA stuff
    The problem there is that people are quick to believe every rumour that popped up and choose not to believe whatever is officially released haha
    Awesome game!!
  • tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    Well The Last of Us was a great game. Favorite part was probably playing as Ellie and Joel in that cannibal town during the white out.

I was half expecting Joel to get shot in the back at the end, bit disappointed about that.

Time for me to get my ass kicked in the online.
  • PearlJamaholicPearlJamaholic Posts: 2,018
    mca47 wrote:

Well done?? More like well played. They offered nothing great. Add a bunch of features everyone will hate, then remove those features and everyone will be happy and think something great was done.... because saying Xbox360 with better graphics wouldnt have made as many waves as the move Microsoft just did.

Well played, well played...
    Well The Last of Us was a great game. Favorite part was probably playing as Ellie and Joel in that cannibal town during the white out.

I was half expecting Joel to get shot in the back at the end, bit disappointed about that.

Time for me to get my ass kicked in the online.
    Spoiler man! ;)

But yeah, I really liked playing as Ellie!

Spoiler below!!!!!!!!!

Hunting down that deer as Ellie with the bow then running into that dude was very fun. Easily one of my favorite parts of the game.
    mca47 wrote:

Well done?? More like well played. They offered nothing great. Add a bunch of features everyone will hate, then remove those features and everyone will be happy and think something great was done.... because saying Xbox360 with better graphics wouldnt have made as many waves as the move Microsoft just did.

Well played, well played...

What I was saying is that clearly MS played their cards horribly wrong, then actually listened to the consumer and made some of those corrections to make it right.

I'm sold on the PS4.
    I want to be sold on the next Box....so it was good to see them make the changes.
    Last of Us redux

Played some more. At about 45%. I always take my time, explore, find hidden things, etc... I have about 8 hours into it.

It has gotten a lot better since the first, say 20%. There is a little more variability with the work benches and supplements. I like the fighting. You really have to stalk/plot in order to 'win' and move on, which often times takes a few tries. Okay, I want to shoot this guy in the back of the head, then lob a nail bomb in the doorway for when everyone rushes at me. That didnt work, so I am going to try to flank them and get elevated, etc... I like that, and the scarcity of Ammo adds a great deal to that. Thats why I always love the early stages of games like Fallout.
    I love the shotgun too.

Story/immersion is very good.

I still have various issues with the layout. Last session, I saw a hidden item, I took one step too far, hit a cut scene, and was sealed off from then obtaining the hidden item. That has happened a few times before I could explore an entire area.