The video game thread.

Comments

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    $500 for Xbox One. No word on 2 year subscriptions ... yet.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,279
    Jason P wrote:
    Yeah, I'd imagine the PS4 will be the same.

Looks like a lot of shooters coming to Xbox!
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    battlefront 3 teaser trailer revealed today. :clap:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdKkSvFrc-I

frostbite 3 engine. woot.
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    PS4

BMcVkQcCIAEHZEm-610x434.jpg

PS4_3.jpg
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • rearviewrossrearviewross Posts: 3,055
    mca47 wrote:
    Jason P wrote:
    Yeah, I'd imagine the PS4 will be the same.

Looks like a lot of shooters coming to Xbox!

Trailers for Titan and Ryse and Metal Gear look amazing and Halo too of course. I will probably be playing them in 2 years. ;)
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
    PS4- $399

In its E3 2013 Media Briefing, Sony announced that the PlayStation 4 will support used games. Additionally, the system won't require any sort of online authentication for disc-based games.

Mad Max Trailer http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/06/10/ma ... conference

The Order:1886 http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/11/ ... ystation-4

Batman: Arkham Origins http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/06/10/ba ... conference
    PS4- $399

In its E3 2013 Media Briefing, Sony announced that the PlayStation 4 will support used games. Additionally, the system won't require any sort of online authentication for disc-based games.

Yep.
    $100 cheaper.
    Used games ok.
    No online authentication BS.
    Way better exclusives.

How does MS come back from that?
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    PS4- $399

That's awesome! Definitely going to be the better buy...
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668
    so are developers going to shun Sony?

I dont get it, whats the catch? On the surface its a complete no-brainer who has the better offering
    Microsoft is so, so, so, so very, very, very, very screwed.

Sony's arrogance let Microsoft take over the US market when the last gen cycle happened and now it's vice versa.

:fp:
    mca47 wrote:
    Yep.
    $100 cheaper.
    Used games ok.
    No online authentication BS.
    Way better exclusives.

How does MS come back from that?
    And as far as I know, they don't require an always-on camera that can detect your heart beat watching and recording your every move.

Especially considering the recent revelations with the NSA collecting all records of communication .... :?
    The other loser is Nintendo ... I'm sure they were hoping Sony would follow Microsoft's step with DRM and high cost.
    :lol::lol::lol:

That is a big F.U.

I'm sure people in Redmond are cleaning their resumes up after day 1 of E3.
    Think I'm going to pre-order this bad boy in a couple of days.
    I saw someone post "Yesterday's E3 was the console version of The Red Wedding. Sony sends their regards.

:lol:
    Jason P wrote:
    I saw someone post "Yesterday's E3 was the console version of The Red Wedding. Sony sends their regards.

:lol::lol::lol:
    Jason P wrote:

1370937582023.gif

tumblr_mo7o6x3jdh1rciblxo1_250.gif
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,774
    I had an original Playstation
    then xbox
    then 360

I think I'm going back to sony :o

I'm just use to the xbox controller, that's been my main hangup, but it seems ps4 is the way to go.

I play mostly sports games, some shooter, a lil adventure type stuff. I have a kinect for 360 but hardly used it

Anyone else in the same boat? I've also preferred xbox live...how do you think the ps4 online experience(gaming) will compare? How's ps3 online? My friends have ps3's I just never really tried online

Thanks....I'm gonna mull it over and preorder in next 24hrs
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    then xbox
    then 360

I'm just use to the xbox controller, that's been my main hangup, but it seems ps4 is the way to go.

I play mostly sports games, some shooter, a lil adventure type stuff. I have a kinect for 360 but hardly used it

Anyone else in the same boat? I've also preferred xbox live...how do you think the ps4 online experience(gaming) will compare? How's ps3 online? My friends have ps3's I just never really tried online

When the 360 and PS3 first came out, there was no question that Xbox online was waaaay better. They are pretty comparable now. I'd still give the edge to MS, but it's pretty much the same quality.
    When the new systems come out, there will be no difference as each have spent a LOT of $ on their networks for the new consoles.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,822
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    then xbox
    then 360

I'm in the exact same boat. Mostly sports and some shooter games. All my friends have xbox 360 and we all play online a lot so I guess I'll have to see what everyone is going to do. PS4 sounds like the better option at this point...
    Thanks mca.... It's just hard to try something different. And if I do the PS4 it's not cause of the $100 less, which is nice but I think it better suits my needs.

The ps4 camera is extra though? Prob never use it either just wondering
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    then xbox
    then 360

Same here. I have a PS3 but never play it anymore. The system was / is a disaster. I love the Xbox 360.

Sony gives me hope. The Kinect 'always on' camera was a deal breaker for me anyway. Microsoft says they will not use it to collect info on us ... the NSA chief said the same thing to congress a few weeks ago. :geek:

Sony is appealing to the gamer. I was 90% sure they were going to follow suit with Microsoft on price and DRM ...
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    then xbox
    then 360

I'm in the exact same boat. Mostly sports and some shooter games. All my friends have xbox 360 and we all play online a lot so I guess I'll have to see what everyone is going to do. PS4 sounds like the better option at this point...

That's the thing...i'm so use to xbox live and have had a blast with madden, cod, nba 2k, nhl.

But in the same regard I can also play with people online with playstation network.

For me the features that xbox one has been talking about (voice shit) that will be cool for a week or two then what.....I like to play for an hour then move on to something else
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    mca47 wrote:
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    then xbox
    then 360

When the 360 and PS3 first came out, there was no question that Xbox online was waaaay better. They are pretty comparable now. I'd still give the edge to MS, but it's pretty much the same quality.
    When the new systems come out, there will be no difference as each have spent a LOT of $ on their networks for the new consoles.
    Since mca doesn't have a 360, allow me to clarify: they're still miles apart.
    His second point is likely more accurate ;)
    Rygar wrote:

Eh...I have lots of friends who have 360s...I've played on their machines...and I never thought "Wow, this is better than the PSN". Sure, it has cross game chat and some other cool features, but the games I've played online were exactly the same quality wise.
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    mca47 wrote:
    Rygar wrote:

Eh...I have lots of friends who have 360s...I've played on their machines...and I never thought "Wow, this is better than the PSN". Sure, it has cross game chat and some other cool features, but the games I've played online were exactly the same quality wise.
    I use both somewhat regularly, there is a difference (besides price, for any of you jokers that remember ABC detergent).
    The PS4 will have a removable/upgradeable harddrive.
    Hard to believe 500GB wouldn't be enough, but I guess since every game is also available digitally, that space could disappear pretty quick.
    I put in a 500GB in my PS3 and I still have quite a bit of space!
    mca47 wrote:
    The PS4 will have a removable/upgradeable harddrive.
    Hard to believe 500GB wouldn't be enough, but I guess since every game is also available digitally, that space could disappear pretty quick.
    I put in a 500GB in my PS3 and I still have quite a bit of space!
    That was another very odd decision by Microsoft. Xbox 1 has a 500GB non-upgradable hard drive ... and you have to install all your games.
    The Sony executives must be walking around with some of the biggest shit eating grins known to man.

But Sony can still screw this up. A launch date has not been established. If they pull a "Gran Turismo 5" with the launch date, Microsoft might pick up people who can't stand the wait.