The video game thread.

Comments

• RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    "PS3 titles aren't natively supported on the PS4."
    There is no way they're going to f%#@ this up like they did the PS3, are they? ARE THEY?
    Not a Sony fan.
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    EVENTUALLY. Still waiting for Killzone 3 Remote Play. RT @kezamacdonald: ...all PS games from all history will eventually be playable

Killzone 3 Shadowfall being presented
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,279
    I'm watching. Looks pretty bad ass!!!
    The level of detail on these cars is ridiculous.
    Wow, the in game realism is awesome. Im not a big racing fan but I wanna play that game.
  • You can watch your friends play live, even jump into their games on the fly.
    So what you're saying is I'm going to need to start wearing pants when I play video games. Screw you Sony, screw you.
    You can watch your friends play live, even jump into their games on the fly.
    So what you're saying is I'm going to need to start wearing pants when I play video games. Screw you Sony, screw you.
    :lol::lol:
    No console pics.
    Release date, coming Holiday 2013

Specs:
    Sony has confirmed that the PlayStation 4 will be powered by a custom 8-core AMD "Jaguar" x86-64 with integrated graphics APU and "next-generation" AMD Radeon graphics processor capable of driving 1.84 teraflops. As detailed at the event, it will come paired with 8GB of dedicated GDDR5 memory, making it competitive with most gaming-focused PCs on the market. As expected, the system will ship with a Blu-ray drive, built-in 80.211 b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 2.1, as well as HDMI, Analog-AV, and optical digital output. Sony is giving I/O options a boost with the inclusion of USB 3.0 ports and a mysteriously vague "AUX" port. Each system will ship a "Mono Headset" for cross-game chat and other social features.

Dualshock 4:
    What's more, we've gained new insight into the DualShock 4. As we know, the controller sports an integrated touch pad, headset jack, share button, and LED player identifier, but we've now learned that the touch pad features a mechanical button and supports "capacitive type." In addition to the obvious size and ergonomic changes, the DualShock 4 is expectedly gaining a bit of weight, going from 6.77 ounces on the DualShock 3 to 7.4 ounces on the DualShock 4. In addition to helping track a player for motion-based controls, the built-in LED can also be used to represent in-game elements, like a player's overall health.
    The best looking game from the PC IMO:
    Deep Down
    http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/02/20/de ... nt-trailer
    I'm sold! Awesome!!
    mca47 wrote:
    I'm sold! Awesome!!
    Me too, the only question mark for me is the price point.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668
    not a lot of these things appeal to me. Maybe I dont get it.

Im definitely going to be a Sony guy this time around as I have the Vita
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Rygar wrote:
    There is no way they're going to f%#@ this up like they did the PS3, are they? ARE THEY?
    Not a Sony fan.
    My biggest question is if the PS4 requires constant 1 hour downloads before you can play a game like the PS3 does.

:fp:
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Jason P wrote:
    Rygar wrote:
    Not a Sony fan.
    My biggest question is if the PS4 requires constant 1 hour downloads before you can play a game like the PS3 does.

Ha! Yeah she's pretty slow with the updates!
    I jumped on the PS3 relatively early in it's life cycle, will probably be well into the next gen before I bother with either system.
    Im really pleased with the PS3 and really just got into it after playing the 360 for awhile. I feel it still has a lot of life left
  • Jason P wrote:
    Rygar wrote:
    Not a Sony fan.

Oh man that pisses me off. im never expecting it. :evil:
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    MayDay10 wrote:
    Im really pleased with the PS3 and really just got into it after playing the 360 for awhile. I feel it still has a lot of life left
    Im sure it will.

Trailer for Watch Dogs, Looks Awesome.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0GICaRqAao
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Good news to see Sony won't block used games on the PS4

:clap:

It doesn't affect me so much because I don't buy / sell games. But I usually give my games to friends once I'm done playing them. And as a kid I relied on a trade system with my friends to play a wide varity of games.
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    MayDay10 wrote:
    Im sure it will.

Trailer for Watch Dogs, Looks Awesome.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0GICaRqAao

Whoah :shock:
    that game looks cool.

as long as its open form and not closed like LA Noire was
    Jason P wrote:
    Rygar wrote:
    Not a Sony fan.

The integration with Gaikai looks incredibly impressive. Play a game as it downloads, play a demo immediately before you buy it, all updates download in realtime, utilizing a second processing chip that functions to download as you play....download a game from your smart phone to your system.

Play any PS4 game on your Vita.

I don't care much for the social networking aspect of it, but damn....this thing looks awesome! I just hope it's not too crazy expensive.
    When asked if the company was prepared to compete with other consoles and hit a more favorable price, Yoshida said that Sony's decisions to use custom AMD hardware instead of its own proprietary Cell architecture has allowed it to save on R&D and production costs.

"The architecture choice we have made this time around has allowed us not to invest to create dedicated factories and conducting factories and things like that — so that helps in order for us to provide an affordable price to consumers."

While Sony has yet to offer a sense of what the system will cost, it seems as though the company understands that with the advent of gaming-capable sub-$200 smartphones and tablets, consumers are more cost-conscious than ever.
    More rediculousness: DriveClub trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u541wKmf0UU

Yeah, I'm not really into racing games, but that looks damn pretty! :shock:
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    Finally finished Halo 4, great game, but I thought the ending was weak as hell. Not the story, but the actual execution. You don't even get to fight the Didact, it all takes place in a cutscene and Cortana mainly handles him, all you do is push the left stick a few times to make Master Chief crawl towards the bomb. Compared to endings of other Halo games, it was kind of lame. Halo had the Warthog escape with the ship crumbling around you, Halo 2 had the Arbiter vs. the gorilla guy battle, I think Halo 3 had a sort of similar ending to Halo 1, getting away in a Warthog after battling some bad guys, Halo Reach had the final battle against the Field Marshal and then getting in the cannon, followed by the blaze of glory post-credit sequence. All you do in Halo 4 is go from platform to platform fighting the same enemies you fought all game to shut down the shields, sort of similar to the next to last part of Halo. I was actually surprised the game was over, after that epic game, that was the end? No boss battle, no ticking clock, just taking out enemies to reach objective markers, like any regular level in a Halo game.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • mca47 wrote:

I don't think that was gameplay footage. Looks stunning though.
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
    mca47 wrote:

I don't think that was gameplay footage. Looks stunning though.
    Yes, it was confirmed after the PC that it was indeed in game graphics.
  • mca47 wrote:
    Yes, it was confirmed after the PC that it was indeed in game graphics.

Impressive.
  • Heres one for the new Killzone. looks sweet
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&featu ... TptSxiFRAM
    Heres one for the new Killzone. looks sweet
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&featu ... TptSxiFRAM
    The lighting/particle effects are great.
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    fire emblem awakening for the 3ds, game of the year.

boom!