The video game thread.

Comments

• Anyone here getting the Wii U? Prob not me, but I gotta say some of the games look pretty good.

Super Mario U got a good review.
    Pre-ordered the deluxe version. Going to pick up the new Mario and ZombieU.
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Anyone here getting the Wii U? Prob not me, but I gotta say some of the games look pretty good.

ZombieU.
    Looks like Nintendo is finally ready to enter the adult content world.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Anyone here getting the Wii U? Prob not me, but I gotta say some of the games look pretty good.

ZombieU.
    Looks like Nintendo is finally ready to enter the adult content world.
    I'd say it's more or less the adult world finally ready to enter the world of Nintendo.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Star Wars: The Old Republic is now Free-to-Play up to level 50!

What an amazing concept ... you don't have to pay a monthly fee to play a game you spent $60 on.

:fp:
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Jason P wrote:

What an amazing concept ... you don't have to pay a monthly fee to play a game you spent $60 on.

Game Sucks, i''ll send ya my copy along with the book.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,279
    Just picked up a copy of BLOPS2.

Anyone wanna play?

PSN "mca47"
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    Jason P wrote:

Game Sucks, i''ll send ya my copy along with the book.

I was so mad when they decided to make that instead of Knights Of The Old Republic 3. I don't do those MMORPG things. And I don't do subscriptions for games I already bought.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    mca47 wrote:
    Just picked up a copy of BLOPS2.

Anyone wanna play?

PSN "mca47"
    hehehehe, you said pee
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668
    I picked up Assassins Creed 3 the other day. Pretty good although Im having trouble with the controls.
    MayDay10 wrote:
    I picked up Assassins Creed 3 the other day. Pretty good although Im having trouble with the controls.
    How so? Have they changed significantly?
    I dunno. I didnt play the second one, and last played the first maybe 3-4 years ago.

There are also guns.

It seems that I just end up mashing a button every time there is a sword fight. I always seem to win, but I know if I dont learn tactics, it wont be as enjoyable.

Then there are scenes where me and some allies are doing an ambush. Its not real clear when to strike, which is cool because there is a lot of freedom there. But Ill shoot someone and before I can put away the gun (after I am reminded that they take a long time to reload), get my barings, and get into the fray, its over.

Visually and audibly a great game though.
    It will probably get a lot better. The last one I played was Brotherhood and the controls were pretty fluid when you got used to them.
    Great series. A bit of sequelitis though.
    Did anyone get the Wii U?

I'm fighting the urge to spend $400 just to play a Mario game. :crazy:
  • KatKat Posts: 4,832
    So what game(s) is/are on your wishlist for Christmas?

I had the best time playing Skyrim and then there's Dishonored, which is great and a new series for me is Halo 4. I haven't played one from that franchise before but it was really really good. I don't know what else to play next. Bioshock Infinite is coming out next year and I've never played one of those...should I try it? Which one?
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    tecmo bowl
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    Kat wrote:

I had the best time playing Skyrim and then there's Dishonored, which is great and a new series for me is Halo 4. I haven't played one from that franchise before but it was really really good. I don't know what else to play next. Bioshock Infinite is coming out next year and I've never played one of those...should I try it? Which one?
    If you are interested in Infinite, I'd suggest playing the original Bioshock. You could get it for $15 on Amazon and it's quite the game and experience. It's demented, but in a beautiful way.
    Jason P wrote:
    If you are interested in Infinite, I'd suggest playing the original Bioshock. You could get it for $15 on Amazon and it's quite the game and experience. It's demented, but in a beautiful way.

Demented would be ok over the holidays. I could go for that. I could just download it on Steam then. Is that the game with Big Daddy?
  • Kat wrote:

First Bioshock is AWESOME... One of my favorites of all time...
    Go get it.

Anybody playing Far Cry 3 or the new Hitman?

Thoughts?
    GoiMTvP.gif
    Kat wrote:
    Jason P wrote:

Demented would be ok over the holidays. I could go for that. I could just download it on Steam then. Is that the game with Big Daddy?

If you havent already, play Fallout 3 and/or Fallout: New Vegas.

Made by the same company as Skyrim and has a very similar open-world "sandbox" style. This one has guns and weapons in post China/US Nuclear war. They also took the year 2000 as how people in 1950 imagined it as the alternate timeline so that is really cool.
    I love those...have played multiple times, thanks. :)

pew pew pew
  • I just finished Hitman. Great game that has great replay value as there are multiple ways and challenges in taking out your target.

Dishonored was good but I wasn't overwhelmed by it.

I still recommend XCom. Superb tactical strategy even for those not usually into that sort of thing.

Other than those I haven't played any other games this year but I do have my eye on the Baldur's Gate enhanced edition ;)
    Well I broke down and ended up spending over $400 just to play a Mario Bros. game. :crazy:

Transferring my Wii data to the WiiU was one of the most frustrating personal experiences I've encountered in the last several years. The only thing that could have made it worse is if halfway through the 3 hour ordeal (trying to figure out what the hell I needed to do), the doorbell rang and when I answered the door, Mario himself kicked me in the nuts.

:-x

Eff you, Nintendo and your horrible directions! :evil:
  • nippleholicnippleholic Posts: 1,084
    Kat wrote:

Try Sleeping Dogs.
    2003: Buffalo, Toronto
    2004: Boston (x2), Toledo, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto (x2), Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit
    2008: New York City (x2), Hartford, Boston II
    2010: Buffalo, Newark, New York City (x2), Nijmegen, Berlin, Werchter
    2011: Alpine Valley I, Alpine Valley II, Montreal, Toronto (x2), Ottawa, Hamilton
    2012: Amsterdam (x2), Berlin (x2)
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Brooklyn (x2)
    2014: Detroit
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto (x2), Chicago (x2)
    2018: Amsterdam (x2), Padua, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: San Diego, Los Angeles (x2), Oakland (x2), Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Fort Worth (x2), Austin (x2)
    2024: Vancouver (x2), Portland, Sacramento, Las Vegas (x2), Los Angeles (x2), Dublin, Manchester, London, Berlin (x2), Barcelona (x2)

• rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    Jason P wrote:
    The only thing that could have made it worse is if halfway through the 3 hour ordeal (trying to figure out what the hell I needed to do), the doorbell rang and when I answered the door, Mario himself kicked me in the nuts.

:lol::lol:
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    haven't bought a new game for my 360 since last fall. wasn't into the new crop of games this year. FIFA13 will probably get purchased soon though. i am a regular for the NHL games, but i refuse to put a dime towards anything NHL endorsed this year.

and talk about an abusive relationship, i am completely owned by the battlefield franchise. i bought the premium membership for BF3 for like $50 last month :crazy:

BF3 is one of the most broken FPS (still better than COD though) i've played in a while, i can't stay away.
    Still playing the crap out of Forza 4....

F1 2012 PS3 will be getting some love in 2 weeks!
  • Kat wrote:

Try Sleeping Dogs.

That game was a blast, but a bit short.
    Did you do any of the downloadable content?
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • rival. wrote:
    haven't bought a new game for my 360 since last fall. wasn't into the new crop of games this year. FIFA13 will probably get purchased soon though. i am a regular for the NHL games, but i refuse to put a dime towards anything NHL endorsed this year.

I couldn't help but buy NHL 13. It's amazing how good that game is every single year.
    rival. wrote:

I couldn't help but buy NHL 13. It's amazing how good that game is every single year.
    I wasn't going to buy it because I heard they screwed up the skating but ended up buying in because I found it on sale for $30.

Turns out the gameplay is great and much more realistic. Poke checks are more effective and the animations look great. But for some reason I'm getting killed in face-offs.
  • Jason P wrote:
    I wasn't going to buy it because I heard they screwed up the skating but ended up buying in because I found it on sale for $30.

Turns out the gameplay is great and much more realistic. Poke checks are more effective and the animations look great. But for some reason I'm getting killed in face-offs.

Yeah, the skating was pretty weird at first but have gotten used to it. Poke checks are definitely more effective this year...although I have been getting a ton of penalties trying to poke check guys.