Options

The video game thread.

Comments

• Options
    Anyone still playing D3?
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    I've come to the realization that Madden 13 doesn't have a Franchise mode anymore. :wtf:

WTF, EA??????

You know the quote, "Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in"? With EA games it's "Just when I thought I was back in, the push me back out".

:fp:
  • Options
    After watching my roommate play some Borderlands on his PS3, I think I want to pick it up for X-Box.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,783
    NHL 13 comes out today. Can't believe I'm 29 years old and will be going to pick up a video game on release day... :lol:
  • Options
    I finally finished Skyrim last night...or at least got the platinum trophy (100% achievements). So I'm ready to pick up a new game. I'm thinking NHL '13 or the new Borderlands. I'm about 3/4 done the first Borderlands, so I think I'll finish that up and see how I feel about continuing.
  • Options
    PJFAN13PJFAN13 Posts: 1,422
    I am falling in love (again) with MarioKart on the Wii (w/my 5 yr old)
    :D
    11.30.93~10.2.96~9.13.98~9.1.00~8.25.00~7.3.03~7.5.03
    7.9.03~9.28.04~10.1.05~5.12.06~5.13.06~5.27.06~5.28.06
    8.5.08(EV)~10.9.09~5.21.10~6.20.11(EV)~7.5.11(EV)~7.9.11(EV)
    11.21.13~8.27.16(EV)~11.14.16(TOTD)~4.13.20~9.27.20~9.26.21~10.2.21
    2.15.22 (EV)~2.25.22 (EV)~2.27.22 (EV)~5.3.22~5.7.22~9.17.24~9.29.24
  • Options
    PJFAN13 wrote:
    I am falling in love (again) with MarioKart on the Wii (w/my 5 yr old)
    :D
    Absolute brilliant game!
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,777
    I still run around in Skyrim. It always changes. I'm wondering if anyone is going to get Dishonored? It looks good. What do you think? Anyone?

:corn:
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    Kat wrote:
    I still run around in Skyrim. It always changes. I'm wondering if anyone is going to get Dishonored? It looks good. What do you think? Anyone?

:corn:
    The trailer for Dishonored looked amazing ... then again, so did Dead Island last year. I'll probably wait for the reviews before committing.

I liked the setting of the game. 19th century London w/ 1950's sci-fi elements mixed in.
  • Options
    kenshuntkenshunt London, Ontario, Canada Posts: 2,863
    NHL 13 comes out today. Can't believe I'm 29 years old and will be going to pick up a video game on release day... :lol:

i'm 34 and bought it on it's release date lol
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • Options
    kenshunt wrote:

How does it compare to NHL 12?
  • Options
    Borderlands 2 comes out today.

It has begun. Tis the season. Major titles will start rolling out for the next several months. Must resist buying them all and wait for the prices to drop in January.

This is my list of day 1 buys:

* Borderlands 2
    * Halo 4
    * GTA 5 (if the fall release rumors are true; most likely a spring 2013 release)

2013 price drop buys:
    * F1 2012
    * Dishonored
    * XCOM: Enemy Unknown
    * Assassin's Creed III
    * Forza Horizon
    * MOH: Warfighter
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    kenshunt wrote:

37 did the same. But my kid is a Giroux fan, so it's ok :lol:

Kid almost beat me, was up 3-1 in the third but I put up 3 goals late.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    Jason P wrote:

It has begun. Tis the season. Major titles will start rolling out for the next several months. Must resist buying them all and wait for the prices to drop in January.

* Borderlands 2
    * Halo 4
    * GTA 5 (if the fall release rumors are true; most likely a spring 2013 release)

2013 price drop buys:
    * F1 2012
    * Dishonored
    * Assassin's Creed III
    * Forza Horizon

Halo 4 looks interesting
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,783
    kenshunt wrote:

37 did the same. But my kid is a Giroux fan, so it's ok :lol:

Kid almost beat me, was up 3-1 in the third but I put up 3 goals late.

Thanks guys- that made me feel better. What do you think of NHL 13 so far? Definitely a huge change as far as the skating goes from NHL 12. I'm liking it, but will definitely take some getting used to.
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Jason P wrote:

* Borderlands 2
    * Halo 4

2013 price drop buys:
    * F1 2012
    * Dishonored
    * Assassin's Creed III
    * Forza Horizon
    Halo 4 is on my day 1 list. I am getting F1 but not sure when (some turds with PS3s want me to get it for that craptastic system though).
    I am a huge Forza fan but I am not touching Horizon (unless they release a demo and it's awesome?)
  • Options
    Played a few hours of Borderlands 2 last night and so far so great! The cell-shaded graphics look awesome, the gameplay has been tight, and the enemy AI is tough.

I'm trying to convince my friends to get it as it would be much more enjoyable with three more people helping you out. Enemies usually come out in groups and it would be nice to have them focus on more the just me.
  • Options
    hmm well my whole family has always been into video games, so we ended up owning so many different consoles! we have an atari, sega genesis, snes, n64, ps1, ps2, ps3, xbox, xbox360 - so i like a huge variety of games!
    however, ones that's i'm very fond of are: bioshock 1/2, banjo-kazooie, team fortress 2, left 4 dead, castlevania64, super mario world, mario kart, and pokemon stadium! :)
    11/6/12 EV solo (got to meet him!!)
    7/19/13 Wrigley
    11/19/13 Phx
  • Options
    uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    Anyone try Dishonored yet? I've been looking into it and I think that I may have to pick it up.
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Anyone try Dishonored yet? I've been looking into it and I think that I may have to pick it up.
    Looks phenomenal, as does AC3
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    Fallout 4. It shall be a glorious day when it finally arrives
  • Options
    I got XCOM: Enemy Unknown for the xbox. I was debating getting it for the PC, but reviews said the controller actually works great. After a few hours, I'd have to agree. It works like a charm and it is very natural to move everyone around and issue commands.

It's nice to have a good turn-based strategy game on a counsel system. I am pretty impressed with the game right now. There is base building mixed in with missions where you have to tactically move your team around and manage resources. And when someone dies in your squad, that's it. It sucks when someone you promoted to sergeant gets killed because you left them exposed, but I like that there are consequences in games considering how most games are so easy today.

It's a fun game, but it makes you think. I would recommend this game to anyone that likes strategy games.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,625
    I have been playing the F out of Civilization IV
  • Options
    Jason P wrote:
    I got XCOM: Enemy Unknown for the xbox. I was debating getting it for the PC, but reviews said the controller actually works great. After a few hours, I'd have to agree. It works like a charm and it is very natural to move everyone around and issue commands.

It's nice to have a good turn-based strategy game on a counsel system. I am pretty impressed with the game right now. There is base building mixed in with missions where you have to tactically move your team around and manage resources. And when someone dies in your squad, that's it. It sucks when someone you promoted to sergeant gets killed because you left them exposed, but I like that there are consequences in games considering how most games are so easy today.

It's a fun game, but it makes you think. I would recommend this game to anyone that likes strategy games.

That game looks pretty cool! The only reason I knew about it was the guy who designed it is the brother of the Lead singer/guitarist of my favorite local band out of Minneapolis. :P
  • Options
    uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    XCom, eh? I'd heard people talk it up, but until now I hadn't looked it up. After a few YouTube vids, I can see myself getting into it. I've been looking for a good sci-fi RPS for my PS3 for a while. Maybe I'll grab this AND Dishonored.
  • Options
    I had really planned on not getting the next Call of Duty but they had me at Central America and Afghanistan during the Soviet invasion.
  • Options
    It also appears Trent Reznor made the theme music, too. :P
  • Options
    Damn you!

Gotta get XCom now
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,265
    Yeah, XCom does look pretty interesting...
  • Options
    Purchased during my lunch break.

Love Civ games and this is the same creators.