Comments

• Options
    tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    intodeep wrote:
    i want skyrim so bad :( but i'd have to by an xbox or playstation :(
    Is your computer good enough to run it?
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,258
    I got a copy of Batman: Arkham City off of e-bay for cheap. I really liked Arkham Asylum, and after 20 mins or so, I'm digging the new one.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    The next generation Xbox (720?) is due to hit the street in the fall of 2013.

http://www.tgdaily.com/hardware-features/61016-xbox-720-will-have-raw-graphics-horsepower

That gives me just under two years to finish Skyrim.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,613
    Jason P wrote:

http://www.tgdaily.com/hardware-features/61016-xbox-720-will-have-raw-graphics-horsepower

Ill believe it when I see it. These release dates always seem pretty tentative.

I wonder if it is going to be 3d capable? My next television is going to be 3d for the possibility of this
  • Options
    MayDay10 wrote:
    Jason P wrote:

I wonder if it is going to be 3d capable? My next television is going to be 3d for the possibility of this
    "More specifically, it will be akin to the Radeon HD 6670, which offers support for DirectX11, multidisplay output, 3D and 1080p HD output," wrote IGN's Scott Lowe.

I don't think Microsoft will miss the holiday rush unless disaster strikes. Plus, they don't want Nintendo to get a huge jump on them with their new system coming out ... Microsoft stole Sony's spot using that method (combined with Sony's arrogance).
  • Options
    MayDay10 wrote:

Not sure about the date, but I can see them getting one out prior to X-mas '13. '
    I almost certain it will support 3D. I would also imagine that in 2 years, 3D support will probably be a lot better than it is now.
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    mca47 wrote:
    I got a copy of Batman: Arkham City off of e-bay for cheap. I really liked Arkham Asylum, and after 20 mins or so, I'm digging the new one.

pulled the same move, and i am totally digging it, but feels too familiar to arkham asylum.

in AA i was obsessed with collecting all of the riddler trophies and what not. passing on all that extra stuff and just finishing the main story mode and the side missions.

probably end up trading it for something else. great game, but low replay value i think.
  • Options
    anyone have a 3DS? picked one up about 2 weeks ago and i am obsessed.

pretty savvy hand held. offers so much more than gaming. love the street pass feature. i tested it out last weekend on my walk to best buy and the supermarket and picked up 4 people. :lol: pretty awesome.
  • Options
    rival. wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

pulled the same move, and i am totally digging it, but feels too familiar to arkham asylum.

in AA i was obsessed with collecting all of the riddler trophies and what not. passing on all that extra stuff and just finishing the main story mode and the side missions.

probably end up trading it for something else. great game, but low replay value i think.
    Yeah, I tend to agree. Very much the same game....just a lot bigger and with new bells and whistles. Still a lot of fun!
  • Options
    Jason P wrote:
    MayDay10 wrote:
    Jason P wrote:

"More specifically, it will be akin to the Radeon HD 6670, which offers support for DirectX11, multidisplay output, 3D and 1080p HD output," wrote IGN's Scott Lowe.

I don't think Microsoft will miss the holiday rush unless disaster strikes. Plus, they don't want Nintendo to get a huge jump on them with their new system coming out ... Microsoft stole Sony's spot using that method (combined with Sony's arrogance).

Rumors are coming out that the new Xbox would allow used games to play. Something the industry has been working to do away with and Xbox might be the first to give it a big push. But if Sony and Nintendo dont follow it's likely Xbox will take some serious heat for the move.
  • Options
    Just read about that ^^ on IGN.
    To be honest, I'm surprised this hasn't happened already.
    It will be interesting to see what happens. If true, MS took a bold step to be the first. This could either really help, or really hurt them. It all comes down to the developers. If the developers want to protect their product....which I would think they'd want to....then MS is going to be an ideal platform. If a Big developer makes the same game for multi platforms and one has the ability to play a used game....then it's also game over. I know TONs of people who pretty much only buy used games. I rarely do, but I did just buy one on eBay.

Should be interesting, but I think if one jumps on board (MS)....they'll all have to.
  • Options
    WANT!!!
    The Show '12 looks f'n awesome!!!!

http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/01/24/ml ... al-trailer
  • Options
    i'll believe the xbox720 when i see it.

the strongest rumors i heard about it was they would not release a new physical console, but you would download a MAJOR software update which would be a couple hundred bucks.

not allowing used games is bullshit. so i am guessing everytime you buy a game you would have to enter a registration code that would only allow it to play on your xbox? what if you bring a game to a friend's house, you won't be able to play it on his console?

stupid. stupid. stupid.

if they won't allow used games, i wonder if they would go to download only. force you to increase the memory on your xbox (driving the prices up and up and up), while still dropping $60 on a game.

fuck that. i wanted to set something on fire after the new dashboard update! i can't imagine this other direction :lol:
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    WANT!!!

ughhh.. this game REALLY needs to get released on the xbox!
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,613
    I think 2K sports' MLB exclusivity is up after this season. Thank god.

Hopefully EA can get back in there and raise it up a few levels.

As far as the used game things... I think it kind of sucks. I can see why they want to do it, but I sometimes bring games to people's houses. My friends and I let each other borrow games too. What happens if your console shits the bed and you get a new one? (I did).
    Im not a buyer of used games, but these above reasons would suck.
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    WANT!!!

This game is the sole reason I'm buying a Vita. In case you hadn't heard, you can play the same franchise seamlessly across the PS3 and Vita due to the game having it's own dedicated cloud storage that doesn't require PS+. So I'll be able to play a game or two on the couch on the big screen, save to the cloud, bring the Vita to work and pick up right where I left off. :thumbup:

Sure I have to buy two versions of the game and then there's the cost of the Vita, but knowing I can do that makes it a no-brainer. You can do the "Road to the Show" mode as well which is really great since last year I think I played seven seasons with my outfielder. Being able to take it on the road with me may get me over 10 seasons this year! :)
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    WANT!!!

This game is the sole reason I'm buying a Vita. In case you hadn't heard, you can play the same franchise seamlessly across the PS3 and Vita due to the game having it's own dedicated cloud storage that doesn't require PS+. So I'll be able to play a game or two on the couch on the big screen, save to the cloud, bring the Vita to work and pick up right where I left off. :thumbup:

Sure I have to buy two versions of the game and then there's the cost of the Vita, but knowing I can do that makes it a no-brainer. You can do the "Road to the Show" mode as well which is really great since last year I think I played seven seasons with my outfielder. Being able to take it on the road with me may get me over 10 seasons this year! :)

Yeah, so far the Vita seems kinda "meh" to me. Don't get me wrong, that thing is a badass little gadget. Cloud based gaming, remote gameplay of PS3 games, near-PS3 quality graphics, and everything else....but the cost and the lack of games thus far (I know it's not even out yet), will probably make me wait.
    As you said, the functionality of The Show on it may pretty much force me to get one. I travel a lot for work, and being able to bring my Road To the Show character with me, or bring my current season with me...how awesome is that?!?!

Also, The Show '12 has full Move support (batting, throwing, fielding, running...). This could be a lot of fun, especially if you have a buddy over!

Can't wait for this game! :D
  • Options
    Quite frankly, I think this thread ought to be locked, and all these hoodlums should be locked up for playing these Satanic vidya games.
    I knew it all along, see?
  • Options
    Microsoft might do something like PS3 where one copy can be on a few different machines, but this would leave a big hole for used games. Maybe they could do a time release, where on your xbox you select a time frame of like 24-48 hours for your copy to wander free, after that it locks to your system again. Also what about rental games? That whole industry would dry up fast if each game got locked to a system.

While it might seem companies would flock to a system that requires only new games, the cost of producing games these days is the main reason we see so few exclusives, not like the old days of genesis/snes and ps/n64. Microsoft could really be shooting themselves in the foot, the same as when people were buying the ps2 version of a game over the ps3 version, and playing them on the ps3. Sony was able to cut the ps2 backwards capability easy enough in that instance...

And what about people that discover a game later? I'm still buying games for ps and ps2 off ebay. Some good games had small print runs cause the studio didnt think they would be very popular. I guess there is always digital games that Xbox could always offer all games for download so they are always available.

The big question I think Microsoft needs to ask is how this would benefit fans, if they do this.
  • Options
    EZ1221CEZ1221C Posts: 2,645
    Microsoft might do something like PS3 where one copy can be on a few different machines, but this would leave a big hole for used games. Maybe they could do a time release, where on your xbox you select a time frame of like 24-48 hours for your copy to wander free, after that it locks to your system again. Also what about rental games? That whole industry would dry up fast if each game got locked to a system.

While it might seem companies would flock to a system that requires only new games, the cost of producing games these days is the main reason we see so few exclusives, not like the old days of genesis/snes and ps/n64. Microsoft could really be shooting themselves in the foot, the same as when people were buying the ps2 version of a game over the ps3 version, and playing them on the ps3. Sony was able to cut the ps2 backwards capability easy enough in that instance...

And what about people that discover a game later? I'm still buying games for ps and ps2 off ebay. Some good games had small print runs cause the studio didnt think they would be very popular. I guess there is always digital games that Xbox could always offer all games for download so they are always available.

The big question I think Microsoft needs to ask is how this would benefit fans, if they do this.

I really don't think Microsoft would ever completely phase out used games from being played on their systems.Not only would the shitstorm that would ensue be massive, the whole thing would be a huge huge blow to a company like Gamestop, who has almost undoubtedly a larger profit margin off of used games. I think the combined pressure from the consumer and the corporations would be enough to stop something like games locked to a one specific game system. If Microsoft does indeed go ahead with it though, I think a large amount of Microsoft fanboys would jump ship and get on the PS4 instead. just my opinions though.
    PLAY THE SOUTH
  • Options
    EZ1221C wrote:

I really don't think Microsoft would ever completely phase out used games from being played on their systems.Not only would the shitstorm that would ensue be massive, the whole thing would be a huge huge blow to a company like Gamestop, who has almost undoubtedly a larger profit margin off of used games. I think the combined pressure from the consumer and the corporations would be enough to stop something like games locked to a one specific game system. If Microsoft does indeed go ahead with it though, I think a large amount of Microsoft fanboys would jump ship and get on the PS4 instead. just my opinions though.
    I think the current system where you have to activate a code to play online or pay a $10 activation fee addresses the used game issue. It won't work for every case, but there are very few games that don't have an online aspect to them.
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    Skyrim update: I am now the Arch Mage of the college. I bought a horse and while fighting a dragon a wooly mammoth killed it. Then last night I drove it off the side of a mountain and we both died.
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,990
    love me someTW PGA tour 12- great game.

that is all
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    Skyrim update: I am now the Arch Mage of the college. I bought a horse and while fighting a dragon a wooly mammoth killed it. Then last night I drove it off the side of a mountain and we both died.

:lol::lol::lol:

i love hilarious suicides in RPGs.
  • Options
    I just think if one company goes the "no-used game" route, they all will.
  • Options
    titchinellotitchinello Posts: 3,139
    At the moment i'm playing Zelda-the skyward sword.
    Glasgow cathouse-1992-2-23, San diego sports arena-1995-11-06 & 07, Glasgow secc-2000-06-03, Tampa st petes times forum-2003-04-13, London O2 arena-2009-08-18, Belfast odyssey arena-2010-06-23.Leeds 2014 - 07-08
  • Options
    At the moment i'm playing Zelda-the skyward sword.

how are you liking it?

i am playing through ocarina of time for the 3DS.

memories of when i used to lock myself away in high school and play it on N64. INCREDIBLE game.
  • Options
    tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    Still loving skrim. I got my armor rating up to about 1000 last weekend and my attack to 270. I'm feeling a bit untouchable at the moment.
  • Options
    Still loving skrim. I got my armor rating up to about 1000 last weekend and my attack to 270. I'm feeling a bit untouchable at the moment.

Good ol' Skrim.
    I knew it all along, see?
  • Options
    SawyerSawyer Posts: 2,411
    Skyrim is just amazing.......six hours feels like 15 minutes