Options

The video game thread.

Comments

• Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,617
    For Vita, Motostorm will be available to download for free in about 10 minutes...

Going to pick up The Show for both PS3 and Vita after work. Cant wait. Never tried The Show
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,260
    I'll be getting the Show this weekend. Can't wait to spend the entire weekend on my ass playing baseball! :lol:

The reminds me...I better charge up my controllers! :D
  • Options
    Got The Show today!
    Good stuff!

Pulse pitching works pretty good, but I def prefer pure analog hitting. Introduced last year, I still think it feels more natural and makes you feel in the game more. Switched that right away.
    I'm not really a fan of the Move support, except for hitting. The home run derby is a TON of fun with it...as opposed to last year where it was far too basic.
  • Options
    At GameStop today I played around with the Vita. Impressive!
    Played the Uncharted demo. The graphics on a handheld are awesome!!! Had to resist not buying one!
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Bababooey1979 if anyone wants to play MLB the show or maybe start a league.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    Anybody pick up Xenoblade Chronicles for the Wii? It's getting great reviews as the best RPG in this generation of game counsels. It's only available at Gamestop so I put an order in for it. Apparently it took a letter-writing campaign by fans to get Nintendo to release it in the US.
  • Options
    If you have an Xbox, you need to at least get the demo of Trials Evolution. Talk about a fun and addicting game and it is an awesome value for $15. There is also a 4-player local mode that lets you race at the same time. And they included a track editor and let you download tracks for free.

If you liked Excite Bike as a kid, you will love this game.
  • Options
    acutejamacutejam Posts: 1,433
    OMG! I'm back in 1997 -- 15 years ago! Drinking beers and playing F'N DIABLO LATE INTO THE NIGHT!!!!

WOOT! Waited a day, but knew I wouldn't wait long, bought Diablo 3, installed and running fine ... on the European servers, the US servers I've gathered will be hosed for the first week or so as usual for any big game like this.

We should exchange battle.net contact info, slap Blood on the MP3 player and get a PJ/Diablo group going!

:twisted:
    [sic] happens
  • Options
    Is the full game of Diablo 3 released?
    I used to play the shit outta the first two! Not into PC games anymore, so...hoping it comes out on PS3!
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    Is the full game of Diablo 3 released?
    I used to play the shit outta the first two! Not into PC games anymore, so...hoping it comes out on PS3!
    They are looking into making it into a counsel version, but nothing is concrete at this point.
  • Options
    acutejam wrote:
    OMG! I'm back in 1997 -- 15 years ago! Drinking beers and playing F'N DIABLO LATE INTO THE NIGHT!!!!

WOOT! Waited a day, but knew I wouldn't wait long, bought Diablo 3, installed and running fine ... on the European servers, the US servers I've gathered will be hosed for the first week or so as usual for any big game like this.

We should exchange battle.net contact info, slap Blood on the MP3 player and get a PJ/Diablo group going!

:twisted:
    I'm looking forward to playing it but I usually wait a few months to buy a PC game ... basically so the major bugs can be fixed. The US roll-out of Diablo 3 has been a complete debacle as far as I can tell.
  • Options
    themessengerthemessenger Dallas Posts: 1,320
    I got Diablo 3 in the mail today, but probably won't be able to play until next week sometime (which isn't a big deal bc the US server issue). But I'm definitely stoked about it!
  • Options
    Porsche returns to Forza 4! (for some coin of course ... thanks to EA being a bunch of greedy dickheads)

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2012/05/porsche-comes-back-to-forza-motorsport-4/

When Forza Motorsport 4 launched last October, the absence of the Porsche from the game was the one obvious flaw in an otherwise sparkling gem. Fast-forward six months and the developer has gone and fixed that. As we reported in March, the lack of cars from this legendary German company was a result of license negotiations with Electronic Arts that hadn't concluded in time for the game's launch. Once terms were agreed upon, Turn 10 had the green light to add them via DLC, and yesterday the Porsche Expansion Pack appeared in the Xbox Live Marketplace.

But this "expansion pack" is more than a mere car pack. 1600 Microsoft points ($20—or 1200 MS points ($15) if you're a Forza VIP) gets you 30 new cars, as well as 20 new events in Career mode, and the opportunity to earn another 250 Achievement points. Most of the old favorites return, as well as seven new models, from a Cayenne SUV to racing 911s like the 2011 Flying Lizard American Le Mans Series car.
  • Options
    PearlJamaholicPearlJamaholic Posts: 2,014
    i got my Diablo 3 CE this week and i dont have a computer to play it on....so depressing
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Jason P wrote:
    Porsche returns to Forza 4! (for some coin of course ... thanks to EA being a bunch of greedy dickheads)

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2012/05/porsche-comes-back-to-forza-motorsport-4/

When Forza Motorsport 4 launched last October, the absence of the Porsche from the game was the one obvious flaw in an otherwise sparkling gem. Fast-forward six months and the developer has gone and fixed that. As we reported in March, the lack of cars from this legendary German company was a result of license negotiations with Electronic Arts that hadn't concluded in time for the game's launch. Once terms were agreed upon, Turn 10 had the green light to add them via DLC, and yesterday the Porsche Expansion Pack appeared in the Xbox Live Marketplace.

But this "expansion pack" is more than a mere car pack. 1600 Microsoft points ($20—or 1200 MS points ($15) if you're a Forza VIP) gets you 30 new cars, as well as 20 new events in Career mode, and the opportunity to earn another 250 Achievement points. Most of the old favorites return, as well as seven new models, from a Cayenne SUV to racing 911s like the 2011 Flying Lizard American Le Mans Series car.
    Way too many racing duplicates, in my opinion. There are a few non-race models I want, but not being a Porsche fan I will be waiting for deal of the week on this one ;)
    My backlog is huge. I am almost done Call of Juarez:BiB at least.
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    Way too many racing duplicates, in my opinion. There are a few non-race models I want, but not being a Porsche fan I will be waiting for deal of the week on this one ;)
    Yeah, not quite worth the price at this point, but at least they are available to hardcore Porsche fans.

Speaking of backlogs, I shouldn't buy another game until 2014
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Jason P wrote:
    Rygar wrote:
    Yeah, not quite worth the price at this point, but at least they are available to hardcore Porsche fans.

Speaking of backlogs, I shouldn't buy another game until 2014
    I am with you there!

Did the Porsche pack add achievements? That dirty practice always gets me :P
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    Did the Porsche pack add achievements? That dirty practice always gets me :P
    250 added
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    Anybody play Max Payne 3 yet?
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,121
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    Mario 64.... Hell yeah
  • Options
    Knights of the Old Republic will be going free-to-play and reducing the cost of the game to $15 this fall!

So I will finally get a chance to play it. Looks like the $15/month subscription model is finally going away. I don't have enough free time to justify spending $15/month when I might not play the game for a month.
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Jason P wrote:
    Knights of the Old Republic will be going free-to-play and reducing the cost of the game to $15 this fall!

So I will finally get a chance to play it. Looks like the $15/month subscription model is finally going away. I don't have enough free time to justify spending $15/month when I might not play the game for a month.

It sucks Moose Balls
  • Options
    Jason P wrote:

It sucks Moose Balls
    I don't trust the opinions of Trekkies in this regard.

8-)
  • Options
    Na Jabba No Botha, he's is no Jed i
  • Options
    Na Jabba No Botha, he's is no Jed i
    Day wonna wonga?"
  • Options
    Sorry i had too
    image.php?u=826&dateline=1314652201
  • Options
    peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    Jason P wrote:

KOTOR on the xbox was badass
  • Options
    Jason P wrote:

KOTOR on the xbox was badass
    Yes it was. Indeed sir.

That's why the new game can't be bad. It was interesting to see Bioware / EA do this move. Their subscriber base was only 700,000, down from around 2,000,000 when the game was released. The invested $100M making this game, so this was a desperate move to get people playing the game ... and it should work.