Options

The video game thread.

Comments

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    Anyone else looking forward to SSX?

I played the hell out of SSX 3 and it looks like they are going to try to keep the reboot in that game's style. The game looks huge w/ 21 real (although greatly exaggerated) mountain locations ... plus, it has bat suits! The genre is typically out of my wheelhouse, but I think it appeals to my love of racing games.
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,258
    I haven't played a SSX game since the PS2-years. It was pretty fun then. My bro and I used to have some crazy races.
  • Options
    voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    Sawyer wrote:
    Skyrim is just amazing.......six hours feels like 15 minutes

I've put over 200 hours into it and that's been mostly side quests for random people, did the whole College quest, a couple Dark Brotherhood, couple Greybeards, messed something up with the Thieves Guild and one of the quests isn't starting. Don't feel like going back through 50 hours of gameplay to start it. I'll just start a new game and do it then.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,613
    Last night I got a chance to play and did nothing but move items around from house to house that I own and deal with my economy. Then an hour passed and I contemplated my life for awhile.
  • Options
    My PS3 is getting pulled out of retirement this weekend for some Twisted Metal. :twisted:
  • Options
    I've been playing Gotham City Impostors for the last week or so on my PS3. It's a complete Team Fortress 2 rip off, but it's a lot of fun.
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
  • Options
    titchinellotitchinello Posts: 3,139
    anybody play zelda. i'm playing the skyward sword, and have come upon a glitch in the game, around the song of time, anybody know of this, and how to get around it.
    Glasgow cathouse-1992-2-23, San diego sports arena-1995-11-06 & 07, Glasgow secc-2000-06-03, Tampa st petes times forum-2003-04-13, London O2 arena-2009-08-18, Belfast odyssey arena-2010-06-23.Leeds 2014 - 07-08
  • Options
    Twisted Metal passed the "fun" test. I haven't played that series since TM3. This game reminds my of TM2 and that is a good thing. It has the same unrealistic, yet tight control that TM2 had.

The single player doesn't look to be very long, but it should have good replay value. I don't play much online multi-player, but this game has up to 4-way split screen for some good ol' local multi-player. (Ahh, remember back in the day when you could actually play your friends on the same TV ... 8-) )
  • Options
    Just bought the Vita from Amazon.

was going to hold off for a while but i gave in last night! :lol:
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • Options

Let us know what you think!
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    anyone download gotham city imposters?

held off, held off, and pulled the trigger the other day. VERY fun FPS, well worth the $15 (plus they are throwing in a lot of free DLC in march).

wasn't 100% sold at first, but as i unlocked better stuff and was able to hold my own and not get my ass kicked game after game it definitly grew on me. was in a party with five of my buddies lastnight and it was hilarious.
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:

Let us know what you think!

Will do man! :)
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Almost time for MLB the Show 2012
  • Options

this game needs to get released for the 360 :x :x
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    rival. wrote:

I got rid of my 360 a long time ago and got PS3 just for the show.
  • Options
    rival. wrote:

Sony owns the studio/developer who makes it. The best you can hope for is a competitor to make just as good of a game.
    I wish the Show developers made a football game!! I can't stand Madden anymore!
  • Options
    rival. wrote:

I got rid of my 360 a long time ago and got PS3 just for the show.
    If online is good...bug/lag free...we should def play!
  • Options
    2k loses their exclusivity after this year... thank god. They have improved, but I don't think it is close to what could and should be. They aren't going to re-up either. They have lost a ton on the deal. I am hoping ea gets to jump back in for 2013

What makes the show so good?
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    rival. wrote:

Sony owns the studio/developer who makes it. The best you can hope for is a competitor to make just as good of a game.

yeah, but sony knows they are missing out on a TON of sales limiting it to ps3.

it's like the iPhone and AT&T, they finally shared the wealth with other carriers!
  • Options
    rival. wrote:

yeah, but sony knows they are missing out on a TON of sales limiting it to ps3.

it's like the iPhone and AT&T, they finally shared the wealth with other carriers!
    Yeah, but those were two companies who had a contract to keep it exclusive. Both companies benefitted from the contract at first, the ultimately Apple was the big winner.

People buy the PS3 for the Show and every cent of the software sales goes in their pocket because their own people develop it. Exclusivity is becoming a thing of the past as independent developers make more money selling their product to multiple parties...unless a contract is drafted or they are bought out. Keeping things "in-house" on either game platform....especially if you have a blockbuster game, makes that company even more $.
  • Options
    MayDay10 wrote:
    2k loses their exclusivity after this year... thank god. They have improved, but I don't think it is close to what could and should be. They aren't going to re-up either. They have lost a ton on the deal. I am hoping ea gets to jump back in for 2013

Extreme detail.

Almost everything in the game is true to form. It plays beautifully, The Road to the Show (which is a player development portion of the game) is amazing. Franchise is near perfect, and no matter what game mode you play, you feel like you're in the game!
    I have friends who aren't even baseball fans who get this every year!
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    Skyrim update: I am now the Arch Mage of the college. I bought a horse and while fighting a dragon a wooly mammoth killed it. Then last night I drove it off the side of a mountain and we both died.

Lydia pushed me off a cliff.
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:

I think the NFL and EA still has a few years on their deal....
  • Options
    SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    Skyrim update: I am now the Arch Mage of the college. I bought a horse and while fighting a dragon a wooly mammoth killed it. Then last night I drove it off the side of a mountain and we both died.

Lydia pushed me off a cliff.

I've gotten a little burned out on Skyrim. I've probably played 2 hours total over the past week. I'll probably get back into it though, just needed a break. I got back into the main quest thinking that might renew my interest, but it didn't work. Of course, listening to Max von Sydow babble about dragons and ancient carvings may have not been the best plan for upping the excitement level.

max-von-sydow01.jpg
    (Pictured: Human Ambien)
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    MayDay10 wrote:

Extreme detail.

Almost everything in the game is true to form. It plays beautifully, The Road to the Show (which is a player development portion of the game) is amazing. Franchise is near perfect, and no matter what game mode you play, you feel like you're in the game!

So how is the franchise? Do you have owner options like ticket prices, finances, attendance, etc? Do crowd amounts change? Do teams move? Stadium improvements, etc... To me, these are important and rare.

I have a ps3, never bought a game for it, but considering this. Fed up with 2Ks for 360.
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    MayDay10 wrote:

Extreme detail.

all of this. the detail reminds me of FIFA. i have never been a soccer fan but have been playing FIFA for a good 10 years now.
  • Options
    MayDay10 wrote:

So how is the franchise? Do you have owner options like ticket prices, finances, attendance, etc? Do crowd amounts change? Do teams move? Stadium improvements, etc... To me, these are important and rare.

I have a ps3, never bought a game for it, but considering this. Fed up with 2Ks for 360.
    Yeah, it pretty much has everything you can imagine.
  • Options
    rival. wrote:
    anyone download gotham city imposters?

held off, held off, and pulled the trigger the other day. VERY fun FPS, well worth the $15 (plus they are throwing in a lot of free DLC in march).

wasn't 100% sold at first, but as i unlocked better stuff and was able to hold my own and not get my ass kicked game after game it definitly grew on me. was in a party with five of my buddies lastnight and it was hilarious.

Very fun game.
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
  • Options
    Got my PS vita today, so far i'm pretty impressed. I really like the touch screen. about to give uncharted a go!

let me know if any of you guys get one, :)
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,763
    My xbox 360 got the red ring of death last night. Fuck!