Options

If you met Eddie Vedder...what would you say?

Comments

• Options
    Tboz51Tboz51 Posts: 2,808
    At Hard2:

I didn't revive thread, but am glad someone did.

Thank you for your kind words. I am humbled to be around the genuine good people here.
    "Honesty will always be construed as negative to a dumbass"
    :-)
  • Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    hi there,,ok,,i hope this year to meet ed and im travelling to new york from greece at 23-6 for the both shows 24-6 and 25-6..for have the change to meet him,,,im sure that ill tell him what my sister tell him to say that her last thing she want to do is take a hug of him,,,and i just want to make eye contact to him and say,,,stay still your self and enjoy the love we have for you.and i will make him to promise that they will come to greece again,,couse
    after they play at 30-9-2006 we cant find a better ,,,band!!!!and that i was last year in venice italy and the storm broke the scene and i broke my leg ,,!!!,and the worst is that the concert canceled,,,and i was in an a hospital in italy without see them!!!!!!!!!!and finally i ask him to sing in to my greek flag,,,,,
    fuck!!!what question is that?i think more to say or to do!!!

HI!
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    rollings wrote:
    hi there,,ok,,i hope this year to meet ed and im travelling to new york from greece at 23-6 for the both shows 24-6 and 25-6..for have the change to meet him,,,im sure that ill tell him what my sister tell him to say that her last thing she want to do is take a hug of him,,,and i just want to make eye contact to him and say,,,stay still your self and enjoy the love we have for you.and i will make him to promise that they will come to greece again,,couse
    after they play at 30-9-2006 we cant find a better ,,,band!!!!and that i was last year in venice italy and the storm broke the scene and i broke my leg ,,!!!,and the worst is that the concert canceled,,,and i was in an a hospital in italy without see them!!!!!!!!!!and finally i ask him to sing in to my greek flag,,,,,

HI!
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :thumbup: :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732

1st post bump :)
  • Options
    Who I AmWho I Am Posts: 647
    I would starting singing Arc and hope that he would join in. Possimist.

I'd also say my father knows your stepfather.
    02MAY2003 - State College, PA
    08JUL2003 - New York, NY (L@TG)
    14JUL2003 - Holmdel, NJ
    01OCT2004 - Reading, PA
    01OCT2005 - Atlantic City, NJ
    03OCT2005 - Philadelphia, PA
    27MAY2006 - Camden, NJ
    01JUN2006 - East Rutherford, NJ
    03JUN2006 - East Rutherford, NJ
    30SEP2009 - Universal City, CA
    09OCT2009 - San Diego, CA
    06JUL2011 - Long Beach, CA (EV)
    19JUL2013 - Wrigley Field, IL
    21OCT2013 - Philadelphia, PA
    22OCT2013 - Philadelphia, PA
    27OCT2013 - Baltimore, MD
    29APR2016 - Philadelphia, PA (TEN)
    05AUG2016 - Fenway Park, MA
    07AUG2016 - Fenway Park, MA
    27AUG2016 - Dana Point, CA (Ohana)
    18AUG2018 - Wrigley Field, IL
    20AUG2018 - Wrigley Field, IL
    18SEP2021 - Asbury Park, NJ
    14SEP2022 - Camden, NJ

• Options
    Greatest night of my life..... 11/06/12 Albuquerque NM. Ed came out by the bus after the show and went to each and every person to hug and small chat. When it was my turn i was crying and he hugged me and said, " Don't cry sister, our guy won" referring to Obama's win that night. I then sobbed even more and blurted out , " when I was 14 I wanted to run away and be a roadie for Pearl Jam!" Ed chuckled and said he would see if they had any openings. Still waiting to here if I finally got my dream job!!! Haha! Hands down the best night of my life!
    Love the life you live. Live the life you love.
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    It's been great, thank you for everything you gave, made my life much better,
    meet you on the other side ...
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,144
    Hi Mr. Vedder, my Mom made up her entirely own lyrics to EvenFlow about C-SPAN when I was 13 years old because 10 was blaring up through the vents from my basement room when I'd be getting ready for school.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Who I AmWho I Am Posts: 647
    Did you enjoy the kiss from Roger??
    02MAY2003 - State College, PA
    08JUL2003 - New York, NY (L@TG)
    14JUL2003 - Holmdel, NJ
    01OCT2004 - Reading, PA
    01OCT2005 - Atlantic City, NJ
    03OCT2005 - Philadelphia, PA
    27MAY2006 - Camden, NJ
    01JUN2006 - East Rutherford, NJ
    03JUN2006 - East Rutherford, NJ
    30SEP2009 - Universal City, CA
    09OCT2009 - San Diego, CA
    06JUL2011 - Long Beach, CA (EV)
    19JUL2013 - Wrigley Field, IL
    21OCT2013 - Philadelphia, PA
    22OCT2013 - Philadelphia, PA
    27OCT2013 - Baltimore, MD
    29APR2016 - Philadelphia, PA (TEN)
    05AUG2016 - Fenway Park, MA
    07AUG2016 - Fenway Park, MA
    27AUG2016 - Dana Point, CA (Ohana)
    18AUG2018 - Wrigley Field, IL
    20AUG2018 - Wrigley Field, IL
    18SEP2021 - Asbury Park, NJ
    14SEP2022 - Camden, NJ

• Options
    TMudrickTMudrick Posts: 267
    When I met him....

"Hey Eddie, we came all the way from Boston to get a taste of Seattle."

Ed as he's signing shirt: "Oh wow, thats great, enjoy it."

Ex-Girlfriend hands him her pink converse: "Will you sign my shoe?"

Ed: "Hey, Pink is punk..."

Aahhh the memory.
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Play tremor Christ you pussy!!!! Oh and when's the last time you surfed Blacks???
  • Options
    AggAgg Posts: 462
    I honestly probably wouldn't be able to say anything. I'm an intern for a television station and I get to interview celebrities sometimes and I never get nervous, but if I met Eddie I would be a mess.
    2013: Wrigley Field, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1, Brooklyn 2, Philly 1, Philly 2, Baltimore
    2014: Cincinnati
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2, MSG 1, MSG 2, Fenway 1, Fenway 2, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: Rock N Roll Hall of Fame Induction
    2018: Krakow, Chicago 1, Chicago 2, Boston 1, Boston 2
  • Options
    when i met him after i was brought on stage, i was trembling way too hard and when i'm nervous, i stutter but it was EDDIE VEDDER so all of that nervousness was x10000. so after he hugged me, all i said was "thank you" cause if i said anymore, i'd literally burst into tears lmao.
    11/6/12 EV solo (got to meet him!!)
    7/19/13 Wrigley
    11/19/13 Phx
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Bazinga!!!where is Mike?
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    hey Ed, you wanna come to a party? it'll just be a bunch of good Topeka people....
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    The south, play it...and no your solo show, as awesome as it was, does not count.
  • Options
    kc007kc007 USA Posts: 282
    edited February 2013
    My husband and I had the pleasure of thanking Eddie Vedder as he departed the hotel in Orlando (we were pleasantly surprised to have been staying at the same hotel as EV). We were in town for both of his solo shows last November of 2012. We were sitting in front of the hotel waiting for our rental car to head over to the show, and noticed this huge tour bus waiting. My husband and I both immediately knew it had to be EV's tour bus, and it was.

We sat patiently and waited, hoping to get a look at Eddie as he boarded the bus. The hotel was pretty quiet at the time, he came walking out the front door with another fella (maybe a friend or bodyguard?) and we were casually sitting right at the exit doors in the hotel's waiting area for car pick up. As any other female fan can imagine I wanted to jump up and down and scream, but I contained myself, and kept my cool. As he strolled out of the hotel holding a ukulele we both just looked at him in absolute awe. I said in a very soft, but firm voice; "Eddie, we just want to thank you, we enjoyed your show last night and we are en route to attend tonight's show" Eddie stopped, smiled and just paused for a moment looking directly at us sitting there.

There was maybe a 4 second lapse of awkwardness and then my husband jumped to his feet and shook Eddie's hand and then Eddie turned to my direction and before I could make a fool of myself, I jumped up and reached out to shake his hand as well. THEN, Eddie handed my husband 4 guitar picks and said "in case you don't catch one tonight". He smiled again and then he walked over to the tour bus. I was absolutely beaming with joy to have had the opportunity just to say thank you to someone whose music has lifted me throughout my life.

It all happened so quick. While I don't really consider it 'meeting' him because we knew his name, but he didn't know ours, it was still the highlight of a rather dark time in my life back in 2012. I was going through a lot and Mr. Vedder will never know how much that brief encounter made my day - just him stopping to acknowledge us. Hell it made my year, 2012 was a tough year for me, personally and my husband took me down to see the shows to cheer me up.

Later that night (the second night of the Orlando shows), we were sitting in the front row on the left side and he tossed a guitar pick in our direction for us to catch (which we did), along with an Eddie smile. It was one of the best nights of my life. And I must note, I have the best husband in the world, he took me on this trip to Orlando to cheer me up and we had the best little mini vacation ever. :-D

I later had the 4 guitar picks framed along with some of the program material from the show and it proudly hangs in our home.

Its the memories that make life sweet. Never stop making them.
    Post edited by kc007 on
  • Options
    kc007 wrote:
    My husband and I had the pleasure of thanking Eddie Vedder as he departed the hotel in Orlando (we were pleasantly surprised to have been staying at the same hotel as EV). We were in town for both of his solo shows last November. We were sitting in front of the hotel waiting for our rental car to head over to the show, and noticed this huge tour bus waiting. My husband and I both immediately knew it had to be EV's tour bus, and it was.

We sat patiently and waited, hoping to get a look at Eddie as he boarded the bus. The hotel was pretty quiet at the time, he came walking out the front door with another fella (maybe a friend or bodyguard?) and we were casually sitting right at the exit doors in the hotel's waiting area for car pick up. As any other female fan can imagine I wanted to jump up and down and scream, but I contained myself, and kept my cool. As he strolled out of the hotel holding a ukulele we both just looked at him in absolute awe. I said in a very soft, but firm voice; "Eddie, we just want to thank you, we enjoyed your show last night and we are en route to attend tonight's show" Eddie stopped, smiled and just paused for a moment looking directly at us sitting there.

There was maybe a 4 second lapse of awkwardness and then my husband jumped to his feet and shook Eddie's hand and then Eddie turned to my direction and before I could make a fool of myself, I jumped up and reached out to shake his hand as well. THEN, Eddie handed my husband 4 guitar picks and said "in case you don't catch one tonight". He smiled again and then he walked over to the tour bus. I was absolutely beaming with joy to have had the opportunity just to say thank you to someone whose music has lifted me throughout my life.

It all happened so quick. While I don't really consider it 'meeting' him because we knew his name, but he didn't know ours, it was still the highlight of a rather dark time in my life back in 2012. I was going through a lot and Mr. Vedder will never know how much that brief encounter made my day - just him stopping to acknowledge us. Hell it made my year, 2012 was a tough year for me, personally and my husband took me down to see the shows to cheer me up.

Later that night (the second night of the Orlando shows), we were sitting in the front row on the left side and he tossed a guitar pick in our direction for us to catch (which we did), along with an Eddie smile. It was one of the best nights of my life. And I must note, I have the best husband in the world, he took me on this trip to Orlando to cheer me up and we had the best little mini vacation ever. :-D

I later had the 4 guitar picks framed along with some of the program material from the show and it proudly hangs in our home.

:clap::clap::clap:
    Your story is very beautiful! I don't think he will ever know how much he has impacted so many of our lives. Maybe that's best. But still I wonder if there are words that even exist that could somehow let him know. I have read all these posts and watched all the videos of people meeting him, and no--nothing has come close to being adequate. Maybe in another lifetime?? Maybe he will be able to look back and see it all? I don't know. But I do know it leaves me very frustrated. I wish there was something.
  • Options
    i have no reason to say anything more than just "thank-you"
  • Options
    YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IA Posts: 5,534
    "Thanks man - keep up the great work."

:::hand shake:::
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• Options
    I'd say, "Hey Eddie, Thanks for the music, and GO CUBS!!"
    ~Carter~

You can spend your time alone, redigesting past regrets, oh
    or you can come to terms and realize
    you're the only one who can't forgive yourself, oh
    makes much more sense to live in the present tense
    - Present Tense
  • Options
    kc007kc007 USA Posts: 282
    edited February 2013
    gmariec wrote:
    kc007 wrote:
    My husband and I had the pleasure of thanking Eddie Vedder as he departed the hotel in Orlando (we were pleasantly surprised to have been staying at the same hotel as EV). We were in town for both of his solo shows last November. We were sitting in front of the hotel waiting for our rental car to head over to the show, and noticed this huge tour bus waiting. My husband and I both immediately knew it had to be EV's tour bus, and it was.

:clap::clap::clap:
    Your story is very beautiful! I don't think he will ever know how much he has impacted so many of our lives. Maybe that's best. But still I wonder if there are words that even exist that could somehow let him know. I have read all these posts and watched all the videos of people meeting him, and no--nothing has come close to being adequate. Maybe in another lifetime?? Maybe he will be able to look back and see it all? I don't know. But I do know it leaves me very frustrated. I wish there was something.

Thank you for your kind comment. It was a tough call to even interrupt EV has he was exiting the hotel, as I totally respect people's privacy and know that he must get stopped all the time because he is famous. But I just figured when will I ever see him again and have the quiet chance to just say 'thank you' and to just tell him that he is appreciated more than he will ever know and that his music has been a favorite of both mine and my husband's for many years, its part of who we are. So many of his songs speak to us as they do to many others. He was very kind to us and I felt a sincere humbleness about him. He could have just walked past us and ignored us, but he gave us a memory and a wonderful one at that.

I am not one to get 'starstruck', wrt to EV I look at him like a fine piece of artwork, someone to admire, respect and to appreciate for his musical talents. His music is much like appreciating a fine painting in an art gallery or museum. You simply never get tired of listening to it or appreciating it.

Eddie Vedder in my opinion is art in lyrical vibration, an encounter with someone so musically talented is hard to pass up if you have the chance to actually communicate with him, even if its just a fleeting 'thank you'.
    Post edited by kc007 on
  • Options
    KimmiebyromKimmiebyrom Posts: 1,832

THIS. :)
    2003 Dallas
    2013 Wrigley
    2013 Dallas
    2013 Oklahoma City
    2013 Seattle

How I choose to feel is how I am.
    There's just one word I still believe...and it's LOVE.
    "Take care of one another..." -EV
  • Options
    calvo17calvo17 Posts: 440
    Thank you, and please play Just a Girl!!!!!
    If I knew where it was, I would take you there.
    11/20/11 San Jose, Costa Rica
    10/18/13 Brooklyn 1
    10/19/13 Brooklyn 2
    10/21/13 Philly 1
    10/22/13 Philly 2 (BREATH!!)
    10/25/13 Hartford
    10/22/14 Denver (BREATH!!!)
  • Options
    Eddie, do you still have the hat you put on during the Memphis solo show in Nov. 2012 that I tossed you from the front row? Thank you for the guitar pick. Is there any way I could get an autographed picture of you wearing my hat? You are the man Eddie

Jeremy H in Georgia
    BHAM 98
    BHAM 03
    ATLANTA 03
    LOLLA 07
    ROO 08
    EV SOLO Memphis
    EV SOLO ATL 1
    Music Midtown Speptember 22, 2012
    EV SOLO Memphis Nov. 21
    WRIGLEY FIELD JULY 19...and 20!!! 2013

I will light a match this morning so I won't be alone
  • Options
    JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    Way back when I was at another band's show that Ed was at. One woman I knew who was working there had worked in the music business for years, met everyone, was phased by no one. But at this show she said she was "freaking out that Eddie f***ing Vedder was there." I found this hysterical and at a moment when it seemed it wouldn't be interrupting him, I pushed her over to talk to him. I didn't know what she would say but I figured she'd be cool. She so was NOT cool! She just stared at him, said "Ohmygodohmygodohmygod" a lot and looked a little unsteady. I started to pull her away from him and she blurted out "Can I touch you?" Ed must've been in a really good mood because he also seemed amused and after pausing for a moment, he stuck out his jacketed arm and said "Go for it!" with a grin. That was the funniest part, along with her reaching out, tapping his arm, and then me pulling her away cuz it seemed like she would either faint or bite him! That remains among the funnier exchanges I've seen between fans and artists. I have only been verklempt myself meeting 3 people: Elvis Costello, Exene Cervenka, and Patti Smith, all of whom intimidated the heck out of me at first but all were lovely. The first time I met Costello, a fan asked him for an autograph, but all they had to sign was their grocery shopping list, which Elvis read aloud to us all and gave commentary on before signing. That was a funny exchange to witness as well!

Anyway, I mostly shared that as a way of saying: Ed makes even some of the most jaded music people nervous, so don't feel bad if you feel like you wouldn't know what to say! :D:D
  • Options
    JH6056 wrote:
    I started to pull her away from him and she blurted out "Can I touch you?" Ed must've been in a really good mood because he also seemed amused and after pausing for a moment, he stuck out his jacketed arm and said "Go for it!" with a grin.

it's just awesome that he seems to get a kick out of people going all bonkers around him. it must be such a weird feeling when you hear the words "can I touch you?". I guess you'd just HAVE to roll with it with a smile. what the hell else could you do?
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    JH6056 wrote:
    I started to pull her away from him and she blurted out "Can I touch you?" Ed must've been in a really good mood because he also seemed amused and after pausing for a moment, he stuck out his jacketed arm and said "Go for it!" with a grin.

it's just awesome that he seems to get a kick out of people going all bonkers around him. it must be such a weird feeling when you hear the words "can I touch you?". I guess you'd just HAVE to roll with it with a smile. what the hell else could you do?

I would never say he seems to get a kick out of people going bonkers - I think it's usually the opposite and it's hard for him when people freak out (remember the MTV blip from the craziest days where he begs people not to scream when they see him? I felt so bad for him the first time I saw that!). Seems from the posts here that now at his or PJ after shows it's more of a controlled chaos, which is probably much more manageable.

That's why this whole exchange was so funny, I thought he'd be bothered when I saw how she was acting but he was mellow and seemed quite amused. It helped that it wasn't a PJ show so in general there wasn't a crazy focus on him.
  • Options
    But people going bonkers when he/the band is onstage... Now that is clearly something every musician wants! You worry when the crowd isn't going crazy...
  • Options
    pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    Please play "Strangest Tribe", what the FUCK is wrong with you, why have you guys never played it, such a beautiful song. Here, I have a guitar, I can play it, you sing, lets do this!