Options

If you met Eddie Vedder...what would you say?

Comments

• Options
    potluckpotluck Posts: 170
    i think i would pass out but if i could muster up the courage, i would simply say, "Thanks Ed and tell the others i said the same to them"
    06/24/1998 SD
    10/12/2000 KS
    06/13/2003 IA
    06/15/2003 ND
    06/16/2003 Mn
    06/21/2003 WI
    10/05/2004 MO
    10/08/2004 FL
    09/08/2005 MB
    09/09/2005 ON
    05/17/2006 IL
    05/19/2006 MI
    07/02/2006 CO
    08/05/2007 Lolla
    06/14/2008 B'roo

Kill Fascists.... or at least make them realize what they are.
  • Options
    kh65kh65 Posts: 946
    "Excuse me, I have to go change my pants." (after coming to from passing out)
    "If you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much room."

Gambling=a taxation on stupidity.

Remember, you can walk anywhere, as long as you have the time.

http://www.ryanmontbleauband.com/

http://www.myspace.com/jessedee
  • Options
    i think the ability to have the courage to speak to him is awesome in itself. anything you bring up his listens makes eye contact, and responds to. not just like your answering or asking a question at a job, but more like your talking to someone who cares deep down in his heart cares. thats the difference with him.and for the record sb kicked ass!!!!!!!
    06-03-03 irvine

4-10-08 santa barbara
  • Options
    spacekaddettespacekaddette Posts: 41
    edited September 2020

Post edited by Sea on
    2003 - Buffalo
    2008 - Hartford, Mansfield I, Toronto I (EV Solo)
    2010 - Buffalo
    2013 - Buffalo, Brooklyn I, Brooklyn II
    2014 - St. Paul, Milwaukee, Denver
    2015 - Buenos Aires, Mexico City
    2016 - New York I, New York II
  • Options
    IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    Hail Hail to those who had the courage to speak and showing respect.

I loved when one didn't want to have anything signed...and it kinda ruined for me at the end when one changed his mind.

but it's totally understandable, though!

And I love how he signed the poster - the position was perfect!

As for me... after my experience with Enimem ( don't ask ), I'd just watch people freezing up and having the courage to talk to him, then after all's done, I'd pat them on the back, going phew - I felt that along with you! :D

I wouldn't dare looking at him directly in the eyes - I couldn't do it when he came to our side at the shows. It's like tooooooooooooooo bright!!!! *body starts twitching, legs starting to wooble, etc*

And I look at people in the eyes all the time and it does make them uncomfortable at times.

And the person making me uncomfortable would be Eddie and the PJ members, too. Even boom!

I was fine with Boom's wife, we clicked just fine!

Anyway... nah, I wouldn't dare confronting him even if he was in the same elevator I was in! I'd probably click on the very next floor to get off! :p
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • Options
    pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    We waited behind the venue after LA 2... we were trying to get chips and dip if Ed came out... Ben Harper came out, but he had nothing!
    Has anyone seen any chips or dip up on ebay yet?
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    pjtaper wrote:
    We waited behind the venue after LA 2... we were trying to get chips and dip if Ed came out... Ben Harper came out, but he had nothing!
    Has anyone seen any chips or dip up on ebay yet?
    dude, i saved the chips and dip for you guys!!!! its in the fridge! just tell redeyes ZEN wants him to drive out here real quik and i'll hand them over! :D
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    SENROCK! wrote:
    dude, i saved the chips and dip for you guys!!!! its in the fridge! just tell redeyes ZEN wants him to drive out here real quik and i'll hand them over! :D

Ahhhhhh SEN that was too funny. lol :D
  • Options
    Ahhhhhh SEN that was too funny. lol :D
    :eek: i didnt think youd see that! sorry :o hahahaha

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

• Options
    smile05smile05 Posts: 600
    wtf was DOWN left of RIOT ACT

Then a great big thank you.
    1:Black 2:Corduroy 3:All Those Yesterdays 4:I Got ID 5:Smile

They can buy but cant put on my clothes
    Throw down my ace in the hole~~~~~~

Let's go for three in a row, no sorry i can't think of anything thats not funny. - Paul Merton

London96,Manchester00,Berlin06,London07
  • Options
    Dude, we zaw you outzide after the zhow...
    wtf?
    were you hiding the chipz and dip? I never even thought to azk you!
    I'll try to talk Pahhhhtrick into heading out AZAP!
  • Options
    pjtaper wrote:
    wtf?

Yea real funny.

:D lol
  • Options
    SENROCK! wrote:
    :eek: i didnt think youd see that! sorry :o hahahaha

Why its not anything bad? heh
  • Options
    pjtaper wrote:
    wtf?

i know THISSSSS. i wasss HOPING to ssshare with you guySSSS. pleasssssse hurry and get out here. itssssss SSSSSSUMMER!!!!! that means SSSURFING!!! :D we can ssssee Ed too and tell him he needsss The Master with him!!!

• Options
    ed without mike izzzzzzzz like pb without j...
  • Options
    kh65kh65 Posts: 946
    "Shit dude, you look just like Eddie Vedder."
    "If you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much room."

Gambling=a taxation on stupidity.

Remember, you can walk anywhere, as long as you have the time.

http://www.ryanmontbleauband.com/

http://www.myspace.com/jessedee
  • Options
    BreatheBreathe Posts: 67
    Id say "donkeypunch" and smile..thats it, nothing else.
    My eyes have seen you
    Let them photograph your soul
    Memorize your alleys
    On an endless roll- J Morrison
  • Options
    For years and years I have had dreams about this and it's always been a really superb experience because my brain is controlling it, thus I am not a nervous, gibbering wreck, and he has all the time in the world to have a nice chat about life, the universe and everything.
    I somehow feel the reality would not, could not live up to this pathetic fantasy my mind has conjured up.
    Reality = I bump into him completely by accident when I'm not having the best of days and I make a total twat of myself before bumbling off, leaving him bemused and utterly unimpressed.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,144
    For years and years I have had dreams about this and it's always been a really superb experience because my brain is controlling it, thus I am not a nervous, gibbering wreck, and he has all the time in the world to have a nice chat about life, the universe and everything.
    I somehow feel the reality would not, could not live up to this pathetic fantasy my mind has conjured up.
    Reality = I bump into him completely by accident when I'm not having the best of days and I make a total twat of myself before bumbling off, leaving him bemused and utterly unimpressed.

i tell myself he's only a guy just like me but who can sing alot better than i can.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    "fuck you, i'm here for the music."

i'd bet he'd be intrigued enough to talk to me.
    Camden 7-5-2003, Camden 7-6-2003, Hershey 7-12-2003, Camden 5-27-2006, Camden 5-28-2006, Lollapalooza 8-5-2007, Camden 6-19-2008, Camden 6-20-2008, New York 6-24-2008, New York 6-25-2008, Mansfield 6-28-2008, Mansfield 6-30-2008
  • Options
    i tell myself he's only a guy just like me but who can sing alot better than i can.

Of course, you are absolutely right and I know this logically. However, 16 years is a long time to have thought about the various things Pearl Jam have meant to me and I think I would be fairly paralysed by this mass of thoughts and feelings. I know I would probably do the "Hi and thanks" thing and try and make myself as un-annoying as possible because it must get a bit waring for him.
    It really is best kept in the realms of fantasy, as I would only obsess over how stupid I must have seemed afterwards :)
  • Options
    ClariceClarice Posts: 256
    FrankieG wrote:
    If I ever met Eddie, I have no idea what I would do. It would be very surreal and I would probably be very shy.

But meeting someone is totally different than talking to them.

I am one of the lucky few to talk to Ed over the phone. We actually talked twice. The first time he called we talked about the recent shows I went to, a couple questions I had and the reason for the call. I was speechless for the majority of the call. He said he would call me back in a week or so, and that I should think of some questions I had for him. So after a week went by, he called again. I asked him a couple more questions and he told me about the double rainbow he saw in Hawaii, that is at the end of the Iconoclast episode with him and Laird Hamilton. I called him back after the episode aired and also during Lolla, and left him 2 messages. We haven't talked since, but I hope we do in the future.

Great..may be if he call me we would talk about the rainbow..i love rainbow;
  • Options
    IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    Of course, you are absolutely right and I know this logically. However, 16 years is a long time to have thought about the various things Pearl Jam have meant to me and I think I would be fairly paralysed by this mass of thoughts and feelings. I know I would probably do the "Hi and thanks" thing and try and make myself as un-annoying as possible because it must get a bit waring for him.
    It really is best kept in the realms of fantasy, as I would only obsess over how stupid I must have seemed afterwards :)

:D

That is exactly how I feel, too!

I still feel stupid after one experience with a famous person whom I won't mention.... and that feeling stings from time to time going, "ugh oh my god."

It'd be 100 times worse with PJ. :p

That's why I prefer to live through the "meet *insert PJ member name*" stories told by other fans. And why I stopped hanging around the buses before or after the shows.

I'd sweat if I were in the same room with any of them and going, "OMG, how am I going to live with how I behaved if I dared to...."
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • Options
    i'd say you are everything and everything is you, i want to "get right" with you! nuf said
    03 bristow,04 reading,05 toronto,05 phillie,06 camden,06 dc,07 chicago,08 dc,08 camden,09 philliex2,10 bristow
    eddie solo 08 dc,09 balt, 11 phillie
  • Options
    Surf RiderSurf Rider Posts: 813
    I have thought about this alot. I would ask him...................What would you do for a Klondike Bar?
  • Options
    merepattmerepatt Posts: 25
    After the SD show in 06, my car was wayyyyy up on the top level of the parking garage with one exit. We weren't going anywhere for a while. My friend and I decided to wait down by the tour bus parking with about 30 other people. An hour and a half later the cars were gone, but now the crowd dwindled to about 10 or 12 of us and folks with backstage passes started coming out. Then Kelley Slater left. So we were like, if the surfer's left the party it's got to be over.

About that time it hit me - I might actually meet Eddie or another band member - holy crap! What to say? So there's these 2 16-year-old girls standing next to us, who were in diapers when Ten came out (not dissing them - just pointing out the time difference of how long we've been obsessing over this band and dreaming of meeting them - I'm well into my 30's now), and they're wondering out loud, "Oh my god! I'll totally die if I get to meet him! To talk to him for 5 minutes would be amazing!" I'm thinking, crap - 5 min. would be great, but out here like this, we'll be lucky if we get 30 seconds.

I thought, I've got to come up with something that won't get a restraining order issued on me - something short and sweet.

Now, it's like 30 minutes even later and the 2 young gals left, we're down to 8 or so people. Sure enough, an SUV stops and his bodyguard came out first and said, "OK, no pictures, no autographs." That was a bummer - a memento would be nice, but hey, I get it, he's tired after that AMAZING show. So did everyone else - we all put our cameras and pens away.

Ed got out and just went down the line, shaking hands and talking to each person. My friend isn't the major obsessive fan like me, so she was just thanked him and pointed to me, saying "she's the one to talk to."

He shook my hand - held on to my hand - and looked me straight in the eye and said hello. I swear, those eyes are mesmerizing, hypnotizing. If he commanded me to do something, anything, I would have been like, "yes master." Others have pointed out the eyes - and the hands. Yeah, they are rough.

So, here it is.. the moment of truth. What the hell is going to come out of my mouth? A strange peace came over me and I actually spoke intelligible English.

I said, "Wow, thank you, Eddie, for making the music that's been the soundtrack to my life." I know, not that original but for me at that moment, it was all I could muster. Eddie - still holding my hand - bent his knees a little and put his left hand over his heart and said, "No, thank you sweetheart. I hope it's been a good one." Oh my god - just a perfect f-ing moment.

Then I added, "I hope to see you guys at the Fonda in LA - I'm still trying to win tickets." I have no idea why that came out of my mouth, other than wanting the moment to last as long as possible and that's what my brain came up with. He responded, "Shit man, I'm so tired, I hope I even make it there." Everyone around laughed. Then Ed said, "I hope to see you there, too."

He then moved on down the line. I have no idea what he said to anyone else. I just watched him walk on down, finish talking with the last person, wave a big good-bye to everyone and get back in the SUV to drive off.

As soon as the car was gone, my adrenaline wore off and my knees buckled and I had to sit down and cry a little. I was realizing I just got to cross off "meet Eddie Vedder & tell him how much the music means to you" from my life's to-do list.

Just then I got a text from a PJ buddy that he and his bandmate just won tickets to the Fonda show. Ha! I got to text right back that I just meet Eddie and told him I hope to see him at that show. Cool.

Addendum: I didn't get to go to the Fonda, but my buddy who won the tickets - his beautiful little niece was born while PJ was on stage. He got to go right from the Fonda to the hospital to meet her.
    94 Chicago Stadium; 95 Soldier Field; 98 Alpine Valley 1&2, Chicago;
    2000 Alpine Valley "the Ice Bowl!", San Diego, Devore;
    03 Irvine 1&2 , San Diego, Chicago, Alpine Valley;
    06 St. Paul 1&2 w/Tom Petty, Vegas, San Diego, LA 1&2, Santa Barbara;
    07 Lollapalooza; 08 eV Santa Barbara & LA 2, Bonnaroo, Who Honors;
    09 Chicago 1&2, LA 1-4, San Diego, Philly 3&4
  • Options
    Urban HikerUrban Hiker Posts: 1,312
    Wow, merepat. Very well told story. Hopefully, people will just pass right by mine, 'cause I know I'll get some shit.

But, thanks to people that keep telling me stuff, I would be hard-pressed not to ask him....

How much work have you had done on your house without permits? :cool:
    Walking can be a real trip
    "We've laid the groundwork. It's like planting the seeds. And next year, it's spring." - Nader
    Prepare for tending to your garden, America.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    hi there,,ok,,i hope this year to meet ed and im travelling to new york from greece at 23-6 for the both shows 24-6 and 25-6..for have the change to meet him,,,im sure that ill tell him what my sister tell him to say that her last thing she want to do is take a hug of him,,,and i just want to make eye contact to him and say,,,stay still your self and enjoy the love we have for you.and i will make him to promise that they will come to greece again,,couse
    after they play at 30-9-2006 we cant find a better ,,,band!!!!and that i was last year in venice italy and the storm broke the scene and i broke my leg ,,!!!,and the worst is that the concert canceled,,,and i was in an a hospital in italy without see them!!!!!!!!!!and finally i ask him to sing in to my greek flag,,,,,
    fuck!!!what question is that?i think more to say or to do!!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    I'd tell him to buy some new clothes.
    NERDS!
  • Options
    URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,640
    "Hi ummm...... Mr.
    Ed.

duh ohh hee hee,

I'm not as think as you drunk I am."