Options

If you met Eddie Vedder...what would you say?

Comments

• Options
    ONCE DEVIDEDONCE DEVIDED Posts: 1,131
    eldarion75 wrote:
    i just read all these posts..sad 'cos you guys for the most part are why the band shys away from fans. Some of these stories were really lovely, most of the people wanting to meet him though? probably the same assholes shouting stuff during his show...
    go listen to Creed or something & leave ed alone..you're making us all look bad.

mate get a life.
    the question was what would you say if you met him
    Id reckon most here would give ed all the space he wanted, be polite say hello etc but be respectful. just cause they are expressing how cool it would be to meet the guy. YOU STAMP ON THEM
    For example I was offered to meet him ( and the band) last tour, I said NO. why because they have already giiven me so much and they dont need another fan in their faces. Im anti celebrity
    AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE
  • Options
    eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
    so this is ok?

'I... I... Love you...

and then i'd run away.... like Napoleon Dynamite.'

"I would leave my wife for you..and I have her blessing"

'Oh Hey Ed, wheres Jeff? I got a Mother Love Bone shirt i want him to sign, that Jeremy song is pretty good.'

fuckin wackjobs!!

this is the only way

'Thanks Ed. Then shake his hand.'

people on this board are so mental...'i met stone in the grocery store today'
    'pearl jam are playing Uganda!'

wack jobs..giving us all a bad name..
  • Options
    Great story, man. I'd do exactly what you did... simple as that.
    "Don't come closer or I'll have to go
    Holding me like gravity are places that pull
    If ever there was someone to keep me at home
    It would be you..."
  • Options
    eduardoeduardo Posts: 151
    i will share a beer with edy
    11.09.05 Kitchener
    22.11.05 Santiago
    23.11.05 Santiago
    11.06.08 West Palm Beach
  • Options
    mensanemensane Posts: 912
    when i met ed after the nashville 2000 show;

"Where's Mike?"

lol...LONG story.
  • Options
    RobbieC2008RobbieC2008 Posts: 432
    I did meet Eddie.....I regret it to this day!!! I was standing outside of Yankee stadium by the giant bat before game 7 of the 2004 Yanks/Sox ALCS...I was wasted, and I was standing there and a town car pulled up this guy got out who I just though looked like Eddie Vedder so I ludly said to my friend " Eddie Vedder" and he looked at me and said " hey man whats up" and I said " holy shit " shook his hand and he walked away...I now wish I could have said a million things..hell I couldnt even tell you who he was with because i didnt bother to look..but I couldnt believe how short he was....lesson learned..dont smoke weed and drink before events...you dont want to be so f'ed up in case you run into Eddie
  • Options
    I did meet Eddie.....I regret it to this day!!! I was standing outside of Yankee stadium by the giant bat before game 7 of the 2004 Yanks/Sox ALCS...I was wasted, and I was standing there and a town car pulled up this guy got out who I just though looked like Eddie Vedder so I ludly said to my friend " Eddie Vedder" and he looked at me and said " hey man whats up" and I said " holy shit " shook his hand and he walked away...I now wish I could have said a million things..hell I couldnt even tell you who he was with because i didnt bother to look..but I couldnt believe how short he was....lesson learned..dont smoke weed and drink before events...you dont want to be so f'ed up in case you run into Eddie

That's fantastic
  • Options
    ONCE DEVIDEDONCE DEVIDED Posts: 1,131
    eldarion75 wrote:
    so this is ok?

'I... I... Love you...

'Oh Hey Ed, wheres Jeff? I got a Mother Love Bone shirt i want him to sign, that Jeremy song is pretty good.'

fuckin wackjobs!!

this is the only way

so one out of how many and you call us wackjobs and then you say what you would say to Ed anyways
    hmmm who really is the wackjob
    and who is giving the bad name
    AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE
  • Options
    This post has been up here for a while now.
    Ive come to the conclusion that I would tell him stone gossard should be the singer.
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • Options
    catwomancatwoman Posts: 256
    SOLAT319 wrote:

Are you guys going to be at Hartford or Mansfield 6/28? If so, we must meet!

We're going to the Virginia Beach & DC shows. I would have liked to have met you -- maybe on the next tour. My daughter may end up back in Boston after the summer. She's graduating from college there, but coming back home to Maryland this summer, which is why we're staying in the mid-Atlantic region for the tours. I need a break from that NJ Turnpike!
  • Options
    catwomancatwoman Posts: 256
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    Oh My GOD! DONT YOU EVER SAY THAT!?!?! WE ARE YOUNG AS LONG AS WE HAVE THIS BAND!!

Don't worry -- I may look like a 50 something, but I still feel like a 17 year old when I'm listening to my rock music!
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,920
    *edit
  • Options
    electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,458
    i would ask him if he ever visits The Message Pit?...but in reality i would be waaaaay to shy to speak.. much less ask him something...~

:D
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• Options
    JimmiesJimmies Posts: 28
    I'd thank him and let him know how moving I've found his lyrics at various points in my life.
  • Options
    pkh43pkh43 Posts: 253
    Thanks for helping Bush win the 2000 & 2004 elections by supporting Ralph Nader. Other than that, great music.
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    excuse me sir, do you know the way to san jose? :p:D

seriously though, i'd walk up to him. clasp his hands in mine and thank him for into the wild. then i'd be on my way. :) that man needs to know how deeply that music affects people.(if he doesnt know already)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,688
    So I am sure this is the million dollar question that has been asked tons of time on the board, but as time passes I am sure our answers change...
    If you had the chance to meet Eddie Vedder...what do you think would say? I am sure many of us have though we would freeze up if the opportunity presented itself. I have been following the band since 1992 when I traded a Chicken Chimichanga burrito in middle school for the cassette tape version of Pearl Jam's Ten. Some kid had an uncle who worked for epic and he had like 20-30 copies of Ten he was selling for $5 at school when nobody had a clue who Pearl Jam was....I got a steal on the trade since a Chimichanga was only $2 at my school. Best bartering deal I ever made since at the time I had no idea the Journey Pearl Jam and I were about to embark upon...

Well 16 years have passed and I finally got the chance meet Eddie on 4/8/08 in Berkeley at Zellerbach Hall. Ed walked out from Zellerbach with a sharpie on one hand and a cig in the other ready to sign as he approached the group of 10 or so that was gathered. I was the first person Ed walked up to and I told him "What's up Eddie, I actually don't have anything I want you to sign and I really just want to shake your hand and say Thank You!". Ed responded by taking a drag of his cig and said "Well let me do this proper" and he handed his sharpie to his bouncer and put his cig up in his lip and he reach out with his hand to shake and we made eye contact I said "Thank you Ed for a lifetime of great music. You have no idea how much I appreciate everything you have share with us." Ed responded "No man, Thank you for listening because without you guys it's nothing." He then asked if he would see me tomorrow at Berkley night 2? and I said "Hell yeah since I drove from Phoenix." Ed said "Phoenix...that's a fuckin' hot place ehhh" I laughed and said "No doubt." I will never forget how rough his hands were, but I guess when you rock a guitar for 20+ years it will have wear on ones hands. After standing next to Ed for about 5 minutes or so as he chatted and signed other fans items, I kindly interrupted Ed and said "Eddie I changed my mind, now that I got chance to say Thanks and shake your hand and that is checked of my list of things to do in life... I think I do want you to sign something for me and I pulled out my Sunset poster that I bought that night and Eddie autographed it right above the silhouette in the yellow sun. It looks freakin' sweet and I framed it yesterday and it is hanging in my living room now. I am so glad that I took the chance to say thanks to Eddie because I kinda felt selfish for taking in all the great music over the years and never saying thanks in the 16 years they have been providing the soundtrack to my life's journeys. So back to the question.
    I am curious what some of you would say to Ed if you had the chance to meet him? Or If you have met him before, I am wondering what your experience was like? Thanks for reading my post and sharing your thoughts.
    See you all around the bend...

Hey Ray!

Great story! Thanks for buying my ticket. I enjoyed meeting you and hanging out at the Berkeley show. I'm so glad that you got to meet Ed.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Options
    InHiding19InHiding19 Posts: 2,385
    your wild
    Out of the Blue and Into the Black................Uncle Neil Philly 08 here I come!!!!
  • Options
    rrivers wrote:
    Hey Ray!

Great story! Thanks for buying my ticket. I enjoyed meeting you and hanging out at the Berkeley show. I'm so glad that you got to meet Ed.

Whats up Ryan...
    No man thank you for offering me your extra 10 club ticket. It was cool to meet you and hang out in Berkeley. I am sure the good deed you did for me will be returned someday soon!

I am still blown away that so many people have read this post and have taken the time to type what they might say to Eddie since many may never get the chance to do so. Someone said they would ask if he ever read the message pit? It has made me wonder if he does too? or if any of band members come on from time to time to read what is being posted. In any case, keep your great stories of meeting Ed or what you would say to Ed coming because it has been enjoyable to read some of the other fans experiences.
  • Options
    Sharon_Hearts_PJSharon_Hearts_PJ Bristol, PA Posts: 1,383
    It's obvious to me that:
    A) You're taking everyone's answers FAR too seriously, and severely lack a sense of humor

or

B) You're just trying to ruffle feathers

Either way, you're barking up the wrong tree.
    eldarion75 wrote:
    so this is ok?

'I... I... Love you...

fuckin wackjobs!!

this is the only way

*Rock and/or Roll!*
  • Options
    I would jump on him and start a big pile up and be like I love you man.
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • Options
    cropdustresscropdustress Posts: 4,339
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    I want to be there when you do this....
    Haha, me too :D
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • Options
    moses562moses562 Posts: 1,382
    I would ask, "What is your favorite kind of Teddy Graham?"
    "A man has the right to be as big as he feels it in him to be." Ken Kesey
  • Options
    all the normal stuff like id thank him for the song Jeremy & tell him how fucking brilliant he is.
    then i'd probably have to go all groupie... eddie you're so gorgeous!!! take me to the tour bus, c'mon!
    Adge
    12.9.06= Rockin In The Free World
  • Options
    G-forceG-force Posts: 218
    I would offer to share a succulent bottle of Flowers-Pinot with him - in return for a vigorous political discussion.
  • Options
    So I took so time to make a photo bucket account and uploaded some pictures of my signed Eddie Vedder poster so now you all can have a visual to go with my story on the first page of the post.
    I still have the chanting of ARC done by Eddie at his solo shows going through my head every time my close my eyes to go to bed...it think if heaven had a sound it might sound something like that. Enjoy the pictures of my new favorite Eddie Poster!

...and just in case Eddie does happen to wander upon this post. Thank you again for writing the soundtrack to my life and signing my poster which will never leave my wall! If you are ever in Arizona for Spring Training, let's catch a Cubs game! I am sure nobody will recognize you at Hohokam Stadium! :)

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff218/rvillarruz/Eddie%20Vedder%20Poster/edpostersigned.jpg
    http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff218/rvillarruz/Eddie%20Vedder%20Poster/DSC00091.jpg
  • Options
    FrankieJFrankieJ Posts: 602
    If I ever met Eddie, I have no idea what I would do. It would be very surreal and I would probably be very shy.

But meeting someone is totally different than talking to them.

I am one of the lucky few to talk to Ed over the phone. We actually talked twice. The first time he called we talked about the recent shows I went to, a couple questions I had and the reason for the call. I was speechless for the majority of the call. He said he would call me back in a week or so, and that I should think of some questions I had for him. So after a week went by, he called again. I asked him a couple more questions and he told me about the double rainbow he saw in Hawaii, that is at the end of the Iconoclast episode with him and Laird Hamilton. I called him back after the episode aired and also during Lolla, and left him 2 messages. We haven't talked since, but I hope we do in the future.
    GO GIANTS
    GO DEVILS
    7/14/03-PNC NJ ~ 6/1/06-CAA1 NJ ~ 6/3/06-CAA2 NJ ~ 8/5/07-Lolla IL ~ 6/24/08-MSG1 ~ 6/25/08-MSG2 ~ 8/7/08-NJPAC (eV Solo)

"I'm feeling kinda righteous right now...with my Bad@$$-M0therf*ck!n'-Ukulele!"
    -eV 8/7
  • Options
    FrankieG wrote:
    I am one of the lucky few to talk to Ed over the phone. We actually talked twice. The first time he called we talked about the recent shows I went to, a couple questions I had and the reason for the call. I was speechless for the majority of the call. He said he would call me back in a week or so, and that I should think of some questions I had for him. So after a week went by, he called again. I asked him a couple more questions and he told me about the double rainbow he saw in Hawaii, that is at the end of the Iconoclast episode with him and Laird Hamilton. I called him back after the episode aired and also during Lolla, and left him 2 messages. We haven't talked since, but I hope we do in the future.

Sounds like you have Eddie in "Your 5" on your cell plan with all the phone calls back and forth!
  • Options
    I would say 'hi'.
  • Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,688
    So I took so time to make a photo bucket account and uploaded some pictures of my signed Eddie Vedder poster so now you all can have a visual to go with my story on the first page of the post.
    I still have the chanting of ARC done by Eddie at his solo shows going through my head every time my close my eyes to go to bed...it think if heaven had a sound it might sound something like that. Enjoy the pictures of my new favorite Eddie Poster!

...and just in case Eddie does happen to wander upon this post. Thank you again for writing the soundtrack to my life and signing my poster which will never leave my wall! If you are ever in Arizona for Spring Training, let's catch a Cubs game! I am sure nobody will recognize you at Hohokam Stadium! :)

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff218/rvillarruz/Eddie%20Vedder%20Poster/edpostersigned.jpg
    http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff218/rvillarruz/Eddie%20Vedder%20Poster/DSC00091.jpg

I got that poster for you and now Eddie signed it. Hopefully, Eddie does read this because I know he will be excited to know I touched a poster he signed!

Check your pms.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."