Options

*** London Fanviews Here 6/25/10 ***

Comments

• Options
    theserialthrillatheserialthrilla Posts: 15,760
    to theserialthrilla.....
    me and the mrs were 2 feet away from you guys, she was the girl with the white vespa tee on and sitting on a blue camping fold away stool.

did you stay there allday?

what 2 foot away that far..and im meant to remember ,might have been 50 people between us it was that packed.. :? errrrrrrrr can i have a pic..lol god im crap..

i remember the girl from norwich with her brother..but shes not a 10c member she was very cute :oops:

yes i stayed the whole show...even with pdalowsky landing on my foot every time he jumped in the air..and he looks so light..heavy git :P
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,752
    to theserialthrilla.....
    me and the mrs were 2 feet away from you guys, she was the girl with the white vespa tee on and sitting on a blue camping fold away stool.

what 2 foot away that far..and im meant to remember ,might have been 50 people between us it was that packed.. :? errrrrrrrr can i have a pic..lol god im crap..

i remember the girl from norwich with her brother..but shes not a 10c member she was very cute :oops:

yes i stayed the whole show...even with pdalowsky landing on my foot every time he jumped in the air..and he looks so light..heavy git :P

CHEEKY TWAT :lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    to theserialthrilla.....

CHEEKY TWAT :lol::lol::lol:

opps you came back
  • Options
    ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,886
    Hub. wrote:
    hub glad your back safe ..hope your girlfriends ok..we did what we could but it was hard not being able to move..and paul kept on standing on my foot..ouchhh ;) but it was great spending some time with you before the gig in the park..

Yep! Thanks again! ;)

Françoise is ok, hopefully you were here, but it was too much for her. She did her best to stay as long as she could. Then, she saw the security staff completely overwhelmed and she thought: "Oh My God! I'm gonna die if I stay here".

Anyway: here's some pics before and while they were playing:

img6838r.jpg

img6840k.jpg

img6841c.jpg

img6924i.jpg

img6960.jpg

img6974l.jpg

img6979m.jpg

img6995nv.jpg

Hello my friend! Finally we arrived in Berlin and we are soooo happy to be here!! Great pictures you made!!! Thanks for posting them! I'm sorry that we have not been able to enjoy the gig together front row...it took me a while to find Kathi but finally we found a "good" place to watch the show!!! We hope there is a way to meet again!!! Greetings to Francoise!!! :D

P.S.: We can't wait to see them tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Options
    img6841c.jpg

cool ill keep this one ..

Hy my friend!! Hope you had a great evening front row!!! We love that picture...nice memory!!
    Greetings from Kathi!! :D
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,752
    Chrisilein wrote:
    img6841c.jpg

Hy my friend!! Hope you had a great evening front row!!! We love that picture...nice memory!!

great shots Kev, and was great to briefly meet you Chris, shame i couldnt get closer to chat to you and your wife. Got in too late sadly, waiting for people outside who's tickets i had...

glad you found her though :D
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    Chrisilein wrote:
    img6841c.jpg

great shots Kev, and was great to briefly meet you Chris, shame i couldnt get closer to chat to you and your wife. Got in too late sadly, waiting for people outside who's tickets i had...

glad you found her though :D

thanks Paul! Great to finally meet you!! Maybe next time we have the chance to chat a little bit!! However, there is facebook and many other ways!!! We hope tomorrows show will be epic!!!!!! ;)
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Options
    jeff(that better be right.lol) its thrilla..lol it was good to see you also..

Yo! Mr Serial (Eh!) It's Ray, You can call me Jeff if you like but people might start talking :lol::lol::lol:

Hope you enjoyed the gig
    shows: Shepherds Bush 110809
    Hyde Park 250610
    Bridge School Benefit 23/241010
    Manchester MEN 210612
    Amsterdam Ziggodome 270612
    Berlin '02' 040712
  • Options
    :clap: :crazy:
    Hyde Park 250610
    Manchester MEN 210612
    Berlin '02' 040712
  • Options
    The Big Cheese - it's Ray isn't it? I spoke to you at the preparty and I think I called you Roy rather a lot :oops: , so thrilla I don't think it was Jeff (or I could have been calling him the completely wrong name).

:think: It does'nt matter i can take it :cry:;)
    Hyde Park 250610
    Manchester MEN 210612
    Berlin '02' 040712
  • Options
    yeah we were there from when the gate opened. i've got pics they'll be up lata hopefully.
    Caleb Benjamin Higgs-16th December 2006
    Max Lennon Higgs-22nd October 2010
    My two boys are the light of my life.

check my band/project out at www.soundclick.com/nineyardsleft
  • Options
    yeah we were there from when the gate opened. i've got pics they'll be up lata hopefully.

cheeers bud im so crap..and i was not drinking ..well only the two beers of me above..
  • Options
    loved the concert :D but the venue of Hyde Park is mighty flat! didnt see much and i'm not a short lad! enjoyed the dancing and travelling out to Rock Werchter to see them again Sunday. If anyone hasn;'t seen Klausen's Poster of the day at Hyde Park its worth a look!! :shock:

http://www.artillerydesign.com/main.php ... d=116&pg=0
    "thoughts arrive like butterflies"

14 PJ gigs and counting....
  • Options
    Hub.Hub. Posts: 1,990
    Bought one. I thought Ryanair would prevent me from bringing it with me, out of my bag, but they didn't say anything.

Just regret I couldn't find the Pearl Jam HRC T-shirt (there were none left when I went to buy one). :cry:
  • Options
    KarleyKarley Posts: 506
    Nobody wants to comment on McCready's BAUHAUS shirt he wore towards the end of the gig?
    <object height="305" width="100%"> <param name="movie" value="http://player.soundcloud.com/player.swf?url=http://api.soundcloud.com/playlists/1168750&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt; <param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param> <embed allowscriptaccess="always" height="305" src="http://player.soundcloud.com/player.swf?url=http://api.soundcloud.com/playlists/1168750&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="100%"></embed> </object> <span><a href=" favorite tracks!</a> by <a href="
  • Options
    tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    Karley wrote:
    Nobody wants to comment on McCready's BAUHAUS shirt he wore towards the end of the gig?

You just did! :D Tell me more, I wasn't there and I ain't seen it yet
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
  • Options
    sensisensi Posts: 73
    Karley wrote:

I never had him down as a Bauhaus fan :?

I had a great time...as a sensible adult I just placed myself in a safe place where I could see and enjoyed the gig. I've seen Pearl Jam do one festival gig before and that was at Reading in 2006...for me this gig surpassed that one. I thought I'd been sensible with my drinking but I hadn't taken the heat as a factor and it soon became apparent that I had entered into what I cal "wobble gob" territory so if I talked your head off I'm sorry...I never meant to be a pest :oops:

I got the vibe that there was concern about people down the front...we all were asked to take three step back and constantly reminded to 'watch our neighbour' which I think most did...it didn't detract from the enjoyment but made us aware which isn't a bad thing at all. I was pleased to get Red Mosquito and it was the best rendition of Betterman I'd seen live...we even got Eddie teasing us with when he was going to start singing again.

It was red hot out there...I was flagging after two hours plus of just standing there so I can only imagine what it felt like after giving your all on stage under the added heat of those lights...I hoped they would play longer but Eddie said the Queen had to go to bed because she'd been watching Wimbledon all day :D

I took a few pictures on my totally rubbish camera but they're too big to share and my Luddite brain doesn't know how to shrink them down. :oops:
    It makes much more sense to live in the present tense
  • Options
    sensi wrote:
    Karley wrote:

I took a few pictures on my totally rubbish camera but they're too big to share and my Luddite brain doesn't know how to shrink them down. :oops:

No, I have that problem - I'm shit with images - leave that to the geeks like those at the tenclub. I'm sure they try and make it difficult for us luddites - I don't have a clue what trail I'm leaving with my images. Anyway, no worries, I'm sure somebody out there does! (Bill Gates / Osama Bin Laden / the Queen of England) (aka some other friendly bastards)

• Options
    tremors wrote:
    sensi wrote:
    Karley wrote:

No, I have that problem - I'm shit with images - leave that to the geeks like those at the tenclub. I'm sure they try and make it difficult for us luddites - I don't have a clue what trail I'm leaving with my images. Anyway, no worries, I'm sure somebody out there does! (Bill Gates / Osama Bin Laden / the Queen of England) (aka some other friendly bastards)

I'd love to share them...for what they're worth...I'll wait for another of the friendly folk to PM me how to shrink them...should they want to that is :D
  • Options
    aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    sensi wrote:
    tremors wrote:
    sensi wrote:

I'd love to share them...for what they're worth...I'll wait for another of the friendly folk to PM me how to shrink them...should they want to that is :D

Upload them to photobucket then click on the edit and u can reduce them to the right size to post here
  • Options
    kristmacekristmace Posts: 212
    kristmace wrote:
    redrock wrote:

Cool, thanks!!

Stupid question, but whats PIL in the encore? Surely not Pilate!?

This is not a stupid question - 'PIL' was also listed on the Belfast setlist but crossed out.

There seems no reason to shorten Pilate to PIL so it seems that it may be an acronym for something else although what exactly I am not sure.

This is really bugging me! The only other option I can think of is Peace and Love, but that doesn't even really fit PIL and they've never done it before....

I guess we'll never know.
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Astoria; Dublin; Leeds
    2007: Wembley; Nijmegen
    2008: New York I & II
    2009: Shepherds Bush; Manchester; London
    2010: Hyde Park
    2012: Manchester I & II; EV London I & II
    2014: Stockholm; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2017: EV Dublin
    2018: London II
    2019: EV London

• Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    kristmace wrote:
    kristmace wrote:
    Cool, thanks!!

Stupid question, but whats PIL in the encore? Surely not Pilate!?

This is not a stupid question - 'PIL' was also listed on the Belfast setlist but crossed out.

There seems no reason to shorten Pilate to PIL so it seems that it may be an acronym for something else although what exactly I am not sure.

This is really bugging me! The only other option I can think of is Peace and Love, but that doesn't even really fit PIL and they've never done it before....

I guess we'll never know.

I think it could be what some one else posted Public Image Limited (I was trying to blow up the setlist but it does look like it might say Public Image)
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    PIL soundchecked in Berlin apparently, so maybe we'll get to hear it... ;)
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    [See Berlin Setlist Thread]

'Public Image' is a song from John Lydon's (Johnny Rotten's) band Public Image Limited debut album - the chorus goes 'public image...' (from memory).

It was played for the first time by PJ last night I understand

• Options
    kristmacekristmace Posts: 212
    tremors wrote:
    [See Berlin Setlist Thread]

'Public Image' is a song from John Lydon's (Johnny Rotten's) band Public Image Limited debut album - the chorus goes 'public image...' (from memory).

It was played for the first time by PJ last night I understand

Mystery solved! Thanks.
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Astoria; Dublin; Leeds
    2007: Wembley; Nijmegen
    2008: New York I & II
    2009: Shepherds Bush; Manchester; London
    2010: Hyde Park
    2012: Manchester I & II; EV London I & II
    2014: Stockholm; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2017: EV Dublin
    2018: London II
    2019: EV London

• Options
    Fantastic night. Wonderful weather, nice set, gotta love the city...

Nothingman and women flashing, what else do you need?

All in all the entire festival was quite cool.
  • Options
    aus_suz wrote:

Upload them to photobucket then click on the edit and u can reduce them to the right size to post here

Did it :D
    S7301845.jpg?t=1277985161
  • Options
    sensi wrote:
    aus_suz wrote:

Lookin good! Nice tat - we're going grey gracefully!!

• Options
    tremors wrote:
    sensi wrote:
    aus_suz wrote:

Lookin good! Nice tat - we're going grey gracefully!!

I know a woman or two in Cumbria!!