Options

*** London Fanviews Here 6/25/10 ***

Comments

• Options
    aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    gecko wrote:

Ben Harper is so hot too... :)
  • Options
    First chance I've had to comment since the show - but loved it.

Took my old man as part of his 50th birthday weekend, so we did the whole Live Nation VIP thing. Wasn't going to use the grandstand when PJ came on, but saw how mental the crowd was and realised what a good view it gave, so went and had a sing and dance up there.

Great set, wasn't quite up there with the O2 last year, but had a great time. Apologies to the American guy next to me whose ear I chewed off, that was the downside of the inclusive bar - beer makes me very chatty...

Just Breathe has convinced me to get the future Mrs Emmett Brown to agree to that as our wedding song...
  • Options
    geckogecko Posts: 1,712
    aus_suz wrote:
    gecko wrote:

Ben Harper is so hot too... :)
    Justdimi has some great photos on his webpage. Here you can find the link http://community.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=136127&start=60.
  • Options
    I flyed from the south of Spain just to see Pearl Jam playing rock in Hard Rock Calling for my birthday!!! I still can't believe I celebrate my birthday in a Pearl Jam concert!!. Just perfect!! :D

My friend that came with me buy for me -his present- a pearl jam T-Shirt. The one with the vinyl. Great!!

It was my 4th concert and it was just perfect!!
  • Options
    ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    sensi wrote:
    aus_suz wrote:

Upload them to photobucket then click on the edit and u can reduce them to the right size to post here

Did it :D
    S7301845.jpg?t=1277985161

:thumbup:
  • Options
    tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    :wave:

(still the best smilie!!)
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
  • Options
    CharliePCharlieP Copenhagen, Denmark Posts: 1,035
    A solid show with a somewhat crowdpleasing setlist but you knew it would be!

Still glad they played for quite some time and GTF as the opening song totally took me by surprise.

A great weekend in London rounded off by the Paul MC show on sunday which was thunderous too!

And I finally got to hear Nothingman and Red mosquito! WOOOO!!!!

Roskilde 2000, Berlin 2006, Athens 2006, Dusseldorf 2007, Copenhagen 2007, New York NY 1 + 2 2008, Berlin 2009, London 2009, London 2010, Berlin 2010, Manchester 2 2012, Berlin 1 2012, Stockholm 2012, Oslo 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 (EV solo) 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 2014, Stockholm 2014, Oslo 2014, Leeds 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, Heartland Festival DK (EV solo) 2017, Berlin 2018, Barcelona 2018, Copenhagen 2022, Prague 2022 (Cancelled)

• Options
    PlanktonPlankton Posts: 692
    Red mosquito was a highlight for me here.

Despite the massive crowd it didn't feel as powerful as Dublin/Belfast - I think I prefer the arena setting and I prefer the real PJ crowds, not the festival experience crowds which consist of people there to chill out in the sun all day regardless of who's actually playing and people there to be assholes, neither are that great to be around.

It was great to hear Of The Earth again. You could really see all the band gather together a bit on this one - perhaps a little more self conscious while playing a new song for only the second time. It sounded awesome.
  • Options
    tremors wrote:

I like your avatar is that a sticker?
  • Options
    aus_suz wrote:
    tremors wrote:

It's a sticker smashed and grabbed by a kind Cumbrian woman from this very (Landan) concert - zipped through the Royal Mail, placed on a garden table in blazing sunlight, shot (photoed), bit of laptop jiggery pokery and hey presto - my avatar!!

I have a pack full of the gorgeous stickers - no end of fun! Simple! ( not forgetting the 14 years of tai chi / kung fu training / practice which brought me this point - where I can be brave and competent enuf to photograph a sticker!!) :lol::lol:

• Options
    tremors wrote:
    aus_suz wrote:
    tremors wrote:

It's a sticker smashed and grabbed by a kind Cumbrian woman from this very (Landan) concert - zipped through the Royal Mail, placed on a garden table in blazing sunlight, shot (photoed), bit of laptop jiggery pokery and hey presto - my avatar!!

I have a pack full of the gorgeous stickers - no end of fun! Simple! ( not forgetting the 14 years of tai chi / kung fu training / practice which brought me this point - where I can be brave and competent enuf to photograph a sticker!!) :lol::lol:

Its so cool its like the town&country surf logo :)
    I hope they put them into the goods section
  • Options
    nuffingman wrote:
    I don't understand the appeal for Mr Harper but luckily Ed joined him to brighten up the proceedings.

Ed was concerned about the crowd and I could understand why. Put 50,000 people together and you'll get some A-holes and Oh boy did we have some A-holes in that crowd. I thought we were far enough back to avoid any mayhem but no. As the boys launched into 'Go' off they went in front of us, slamming into each other and behaving like pricks. I'm not sure I want to take my wife to another show like this.

I have to agree. Even though I like BH and R7 much better than BH without R7 the music still doesn't fit as opening for the greatest band of all times. At Lollapalooza in 07 BH bored me so much that I left to go to another stage and missed Ed coming on to do Masters of War with him.

I couldn't agree more about the idiots in the crowd either. We made it to the front on Stone's side. I had to put my hands on the barrier with my arms on either side of my wife and a small girl that stood next to us and lock my elbows with my knee against the barrier to keep us from being squashed. I still have a bruise on my arm and a few small scabs on my knee. The first 5 songs we might as well not have been there because we were fighting for survival and people kept being dragged to safety over our heads. Although Ed's appeal helped (perhaps only because he threatened to stop playing altogether) the mosh pit behind us never stopped despite the security doing their best to get people to stop.

Maybe I'm old and boring but moshing is not what I go to a Pearl Jam concert for. It was also probably our last ever because we'd gone all the way from South Africa to see them in Dublin, Belfast and at Hyde Park and they never come here.

At least Ed gave me one of his picks in my hand in Dublin when he saw our "Please come to South Africa" banner.

Bring Pearl Jam to South Africa.
    Please.
    That strange spot in the sky was me from South Africa fly
  • Options
    aus_suz wrote:
    tremors wrote:
    aus_suz wrote:

Its so cool its like the town&country surf logo :)
    I hope they put them into the goods section

Yes, smart, simple and to the point (bit like myself!! :lol: )

They are not quite so radioactive in real life, but there is a grand collection of different colours, sizes and styles based on this theme.

There is currently a cap in the goods section, but the better caps I think were out on the road (the more stylish type of baseball cap!)

Anyway, no doubt something similar will end up on tenclub - or there's always e-bay!!

If you want one posting to you, tell me what size you're after!!

ps - Pearl Jam to Africa!

• Options
    icemanapicemanap Posts: 406
    Finally got round to uploading my one video clip of the concert -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEybhlWKIcY

Amongst The Waves. Sound is pretty good for a phone.
    :D Rock on!!!! :D
    Seen Pearl Jam 4 times in London, once in Manchester, as well as an Eddie show at Hammersmith.
  • Options
    Any sign of the bootleg?
  • Options
    zackpackzackpack Posts: 1
    edited July 2010
    does anybody know how many we were???
    Post edited by zackpack on
  • Options
    neddie vedderneddie vedder 93 million miles from the sun Posts: 191
    it was bloody hot for sure...and yes there was a few idiots in the crowd but on the whole i thought they were pretty well behaved..or maybe i'd drunk too much wine :lol: as usual the band were awesome..and yes its been said but Black really was spine tinglingy ace !!!
    Manchester 09, Hyde Park 10, Berlin 10, Manchester 1+2 2012, EV Manchester 2012, EV London 1+2 2012, Amsterdam 1+2 2014, Leeds 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, EV London 1+2 2017, EV Dublin 2017, London 2018, Milan 2018, Padova 2018, Rome 2018, Berlin 2018, EV Florence 2019, EV Barolo 2019, EV Madrid 2019, Berlin 2022, London 1+2 2022, Budapest 2022, Krakow 2022, Amsterdam 2022

• Options
    Hub.Hub. Posts: 1,990
    yes there was a few idiots in the crowd but on the whole i thought they were pretty well behaved

Maybe you weren't at the barrier.
  • Options
    ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,882
    Hub. wrote:
    yes there was a few idiots in the crowd but on the whole i thought they were pretty well behaved

Maybe you weren't at the barrier.

Ah, the barriere....sweet memories! BTW, hello Hubert, how are you?
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Options
    Hub.Hub. Posts: 1,990
    Chrisilein wrote:
    Ah, the barriere....sweet memories! BTW, hello Hubert, how are you?

Good! I'm on holidays, it's sunny! Great!!! ;)
    hi you two above...the barriers was very peacefull.. ;)

Compared to the left, yes. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,942
    After 2 funtastic shows in Éire which we really enjoyed Hyde Park was supposed to be a not too serious festival show under a clear blue sky. The heat, the HUGE field and the very early entry convinced me I didn't really want to be at the front row.
    I met and had fun with some really fantastic new friends Michael, Linda, Adi, Josh and some cool dudes who were kind enough to provide us with beer right before the show: the hotness and the pressure was really uncomfortable at the 25-30th row on Stone's side.

More or less I enjoyed all the supporting acts, Robert Francis was decent, The Gaslight Anthem was really good as I had expected, The Hives were just fantastic as always. But sorry, an almost boring Ben Harper for the third time having played almost the same set was just not the right act before our favourite band, he just doesn't suit an energetic, rockin PJ show in my opinion. I guess he should have played before G.A. or the mighty Hives.
    Under pressure (my all time fav Queen song) was a nice treat especially in London!
    Anyone else missed The Strokes btw? They would have been a really cool supporting act.

The huge number of PJ fans everywhere did amaze me, the venue seemed to be full despite the bad press for long years in the past.
    Given To Fly was a KILLER opener however the sound could have been a lot better, it was decent and was getting better but from the first notes I felt the volume should have been turned up...A LOT!

Arms Aloft for the second time wasn't exciting, I can't think about it as a good song btw but that still was a nice tribute to Joe Strummer
    Highlights for me Red Mosquito finally, Unthought Known (best live song off Backspacer), Go, SOLAT, Betterman and Black singalongs
    Setlist was not really special but somehow seemed a compilation of the most famous songs played in both Irish shows but I don't give a damn, the band was on fire and treated the crowd really professionally!!!

The "3 steps back" request turned out to be really helpful 'cos the the pressure was absolutely bearable after that, it was one of those magic moments I'll never forget!
    It was almost a full set in time we usually expect, and as a festival HRC turned out to be fantastic at the end. And seeing my favourite band in Hyde Park was a dream come true for me! I had previously expected Ed to put Garden on the setlist in the biggest famous park and hear a The Who cover and see Pete doing his windmill motion on stage with his best followers but who cares, I like and accept every PJ surprise they treat us with!

Organising seemed good especially the entering part and leaving the venue however a fenced off area in front of the stage (e.g. in Venice) might have payed off well, but one could expect many moshing dickheads in a huge field like that.

Funny moments: boobs, Ed explaining the curfew mentioning the queen, alternative intro to Just Breathe etc
    Not too funny moments: flying plastic bottles, pressure at the beginning, rude intruders during the big hits, a crowdsurfing girl kicking me at the neck during Alive

(Belfast: 120% <>) but London still 99,9% for me!
    budapest.arnhem.antwerpen.vienna.madrid.katowice.nova_rock.nijmegen.rotterdam.berlin.dublin.belfast.london.venice.prague.stockholm.copenhagen.vienna.leeds.milton_keynes.padova.
    prague.seattle1.seattle2.chicago1
  • Options
    delnedelne Posts: 3
    Amazing, betterman is going to be something I won't forget!
  • Options
    KelpieKelpie Posts: 1
    I agree McCready was totally on fire!!

And although I loved the show and PJ were brilliant as ever, I felt that there was some energy missing. Maybe it was the anniversary of Roskilde being so close that meant the band were affected. Or maybe it was because Hyde Park was full of thousands of drunken imbeciles by the time PJ came on. There was a big punch up near where we were during the whole performance of Black - arrrrrgh!!
    All I know is, this Hyde Park performance wasn't a patch on their gig at the 02 Arena last August. THAT one still gives me goosebumps and has gone down in history as the second best night of my life - only coming after the evening I gave birth to my daughter in 2004 :)

Love you PJ. See you again soon! xx
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,413
    on pj radio now..bootleg on good section..enjoy :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Hub. wrote:
    Great! :D
    party at euro thread :)
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    PeArLgOoNeRPeArLgOoNeR Posts: 1,248
    wow.. Ed sure had his concerns about the London crowd :s

They sing great though

Hamburg 2000, Berlin 2006, Copenhagen 2007, Berlin 2009, Berlin 2010, Berlin 1+2 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1+2 2014, Vienna 2014, Berlin 2014, Prague 2018, Krakow 2018
  • Options
    great great bootleg!!!!!!i did nt expect it,cos was a huge place,,but the sound is amazing!!!!!!1