Dexter Season 5

Comments

• LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    mca47 wrote:
    Well, it's all coming together.
    It'll be interesting to see how much Quinn actually finds out about Dexter prior to Dexter potentially going after Quinn.

At this point it seems Liddy has more than enough dirt on Dexter and Lumen to expose him for what he is.
    Also, I'm curious as how the Jordan Chase thing is going to pan out. I mean, all of his companions have been killed, he knows he's next, and he has to defend himself from the investigation. While he tried to get Dexter and Lumen caught last night, despite it not completely working...that guy's disappearance should be more than enough to spark suspicion in Deb and Quinn. They already talked about the fact that all of these guys have disappeared without leaving anything behind to show they left on their own will.
    The next two episodes are gonna be intense!

the house dex and lumen killed that guy in was supposedly vacant right? it looks like their kill room was in the living room (the plastic sheets covered two pretty big windows) you can see a light on in the window behind deb and quinn. i was certain they were gonna turn around and think something was up...but they didnt.

cant wait to see how this pans out
    I was confused about the whole vacant house thing too
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    LukinFan wrote:

Yeah, you'd think as investigators they might knock on the neighbors doors or something or maybe investigate the fresh footprint they found...

Also, Dexter had the smarts to do the kill in the other house, but you would think he'd be aware of two detectives driving up, getting out, going into the house, then talking out front afterwards. I mean, he and Lumen were really quiet the whole time...think he would have heard something.
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    mca47 wrote:
    LukinFan wrote:

Yeah, you'd think as investigators they might knock on the neighbors doors or something or maybe investigate the fresh footprint they found...

Also, Dexter had the smarts to do the kill in the other house, but you would think he'd be aware of two detectives driving up, getting out, going into the house, then talking out front afterwards. I mean, he and Lumen were really quiet the whole time...think he would have heard something.

Did I miss something? Where was this vacant house, was it next door?? I assumed it was Dexter's vacant house, but then realized that Dexter wouldn't be dumb enough to do that given that his neighbors know him, and all that.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,563
    dcfaithful wrote:
    mca47 wrote:
    LukinFan wrote:

Did I miss something? Where was this vacant house, was it next door?? I assumed it was Dexter's vacant house, but then realized that Dexter wouldn't be dumb enough to do that given that his neighbors know him, and all that.

right next door with a for sale sign out front. directly behind where deb and quinn stop and talk about everything before leaving.....dopes!
    www.myspace.com
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    dcfaithful wrote:

right next door with a for sale sign out front. directly behind where deb and quinn stop and talk about everything before leaving.....dopes!

Ah, okay...I missed that.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Well after the latest episode and now with one episode to go. I'm back on the "I'm not really into this" mode for this season.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
    Well after the latest episode and now with one episode to go. I'm back on the "I'm not really into this" mode for this season.

so many holes in the writing. so easy for him to get out of these incredible situations. if he doesn't get caught or if deb doesn't finally connect the dots, i'll be disappointed.

the fact that deb was talking so glowingly about the vigilantes and how they must love each other so much to risk so much kinda makes me think that's a little foreshadowing for her to find out about dex and lumenand to not take it as hard as others might....i don't know if that even makes sense. does it?
    www.myspace.com
    I thought last night's episode was great!!!

While it does seem a little over the top...talk about intense! The preview for next week look awesome!
    mca47 wrote:

While it does seem a little over the top...talk about intense! The preview for next week look awesome!

the intensity is off the charts in this show.

in the previews deb catches someone with dextery looking gloves....gotta be lumen right?
    www.myspace.com
    mca47 wrote:

the intensity is off the charts in this show.

in the previews deb catches someone with dextery looking gloves....gotta be lumen right?

Hard to say. If you look closely it a) looks like Lumen is in the background b) Deb had a very shocked look on her face.
    I wonder how it's going to play out for Quinn. To me, it clearly shows him initially taking heat for Liddy's death. Blood on the shoe, phone records of calls at the time of his death, and the pissed off VM he left him.
    I wonder if Dexter is going to somehow get Quinn off the hook for this. I mean, Quinn will know it was Dexter who killed him, and Dexter doesn't know the full extent of what Liddy told Quinn.

I also wonder if Lumen is going to take the fall for all of the "vigilanty" killings, and protect Dexter.

All I know is I can't f'n wait for Sunday night!!
  • Maybe when I watch this season again, things will be more interesting. LIke the 2nd season. Time will tell.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

• Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Michael C. Hall-Star of Showtime's 'Dexter' joins The Rock Show this Thursday at 8am! He's also taking over RXP this Sunday night at 7p playing whatever he wants and before the Season Finale of 'Dexter'!

Visit http://www.bmilem.com/m/?s=wrxp-fm&d=10 ... m=11593517 for more.

Rock 101.9 RXP
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    Maybe when I watch this season again, things will be more interesting. LIke the 2nd season. Time will tell.
    The 2nd season?
    IMO, that was the worst of all 5.

To each his own...
  • mca47 wrote:
    Maybe when I watch this season again, things will be more interesting. LIke the 2nd season. Time will tell.
    The 2nd season?
    IMO, that was the worst of all 5.

To each his own...

I agree about the 2nd season. But after rewatching it I loved the interaction between Dexter and Doakes in those few short scenes.

I'm starting to think that this season might pass up the 2nd season as "Worst Ever"

mca47 wrote:

just finished the most recent episode and loved it! Can't wait for next Sundays!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• I'm enjoying this season, took a while to get going, but the last few episodes have been really good. I think it was always going to struggle to top season 4 though.

Anyway, I've been trying to think what could possibly happen in the finale, and I've got a funny feeling something random is gonna happen, like it will get pinned on Quinn - certainly Liddy's death. I'm probably completely wrong but I'm throwing it out there :lol:
  • And season 5 is over. Only place they can go with Season 6 is up.

I thought it was a good season and a good ending. Hard to top last year!!

I was a little disappointed in Lumen though.

:?
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    Kind of felt like it could be over for good.

Reminds me of the ending of Season 3. Very open and led to a stellar Season 4.

I am hoping Season 6 is just as suspenseful and leads to a climatic ending.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
    I just read an article that said Michael C Hall and Jennifer Carpenter filed for divorce.
    I wonder if that'll make it really weird working on the same set together next year... :?
    can't believe i haven't seen the ending yet....eagles game sunday....not home till late yesterday. can't wait for tonight

edit--- "tonight's the night" :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
    can't believe i haven't seen the ending yet....eagles game sunday....not home till late yesterday. can't wait for tonight

edit--- "tonight's the night" :mrgreen:
    Spoiler - Everyone dies. Show over. Big gun battle "Reservoir Dogs style", Dexter hiding under a table sneaks off at the end. :lol:
    ...a bit disappointed in the finale.
    www.myspace.com

With what?
    mca47 wrote:

With what?

the convenient ways in which he keeps getting away with everything have grown tiresome. they could have gone in much more interesting direction with the whole quinn/liddy thing and the deb tracking down the vigilante story line....instead they opted for the same sort of ending that every other finale ends with (with the exception of last year for the most part).

i still think its one of the most entertaining shows on tv though.
    www.myspace.com
    Finally got to see the finale last night and loved it! Can't wait for next season!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• mca47 wrote:

With what?

the convenient ways in which he keeps getting away with everything have grown tiresome. they could have gone in much more interesting direction with the whole quinn/liddy thing and the deb tracking down the vigilante story line....instead they opted for the same sort of ending that every other finale ends with (with the exception of last year for the most part).

i still think its one of the most entertaining shows on tv though.
    I don't think the Quinn stuff is over. He probably won't look into it as much and won't turn Dexter in, but I'm expecting a confrontation between them next season.
    I enjoyed the finale too. Anything compared to last year's is going to be pretty dull. That said, other than season 4's, most haven't been too crazy

Lumen deciding she was going to leave pissed me off. I really started to like her...and that came a long way from how I felt when we first met her. I don't believe it'll be the last we hear of her though.

Deb's catching Dex and Lumen in the act, but not seeing them, was a bit predictable in so much that her feeling towards the vigilantes has been been growing over the last 4 or so episodes (Dexter and her talking in the kitchen about bad people being killed, and then at her desk about how she sort of finds out what the vigilantes do to be romantic).

The Quinn-Liddy-Dexter thing came to an abrupt end. Clearly Dex was protecting Quinn because he did nothing wrong (and because of Deb), but he was also protecting himself because had Quinn gone down, he would have mentioned Dexter.

I liked it.
    From the Dexter wiki page:

As of December 2, 2010, the show has been renewed for a sixth season.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    LukinFan wrote:
    From the Dexter wiki page:

As of December 2, 2010, the show has been renewed for a sixth season.

:thumbup:
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,