Dexter Season 5

Comments

• mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    I just watched the final episode of season 4.
    Pretty much everything lines up.

Trinity came home at night and scooped up as much money as he could from his family.
    The next day...
    Dexter got caught at Trinity's in the morning.
    Around 3-4 Trinity got his Mustang from the shop and headed out. He was wearing the same clothes when he got his car as when he was caught by Dexter so one would assume he killed Rita prior to.
    Even then it all lines up.

Dexter really had no alibi.

Also - A bit of a flaw in the show. The day before Rita was killed, Dexter was chasing down Trinity and side-swiped a car (got thrown into jail), his mirror got bashed off.
    The next day Dexter's car was 100% perfect.
  • Lot of good body shops down in Miami!
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • Just when I was starting to think "when's this going to get going?", but the end of this week's episode......looks like this is gonna be another good season!
  • Tough to say where this one it going. He seems to be getting sloppy again.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

Yeah seems that way, but obviously much of the focus will be on this new killer - and what a fucking gruesome way of killing people!!!

Yeah seems that way, but obviously much of the focus will be on this new killer - and what a fucking gruesome way of killing people!!!

Its been a few years, but isn't one of the books like that with the beheading etc...

Its been a few years, but isn't one of the books like that with the beheading etc...

I've not read the books. I was more referring to the women being electrocuted in oil drums!
  • Well now things are getting more interesting inthis season...

• catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    I've not read the books. I was more referring to the women being electrocuted in oil drums!

how lovely.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,563
    holy sweet mother of sweet baby jesus what an episode!

WOW........wow. not sure what else to say other than i could not be more pleased with the direction the writers have chosen to take things this season. i was beginning to worry that it might mirror season 2 a bit too much....but man that was great!

spoiler alert:

didn't dex get shot in the f@cking stomach? how in the hell did he get out of the hospital so quickly and why isn't he....um, dead or seriously injured? also---if boyd shot him, even accidental, why wouldn't the police have been called in immediately? i know, i know, it's a tv show and you have to suspend a bit of reality....and that is what i am doing. that episode felt like a movie. so suspenseful from start to finish.......again-wow
    www.myspace.com
    holy sweet mother of sweet baby jesus what an episode!

WOW........wow. not sure what else to say other than i could not be more pleased with the direction the writers have chosen to take things this season. i was beginning to worry that it might mirror season 2 a bit too much....but man that was great!

spoiler alert:

didn't dex get shot in the f@cking stomach? how in the hell did he get out of the hospital so quickly and why isn't he....um, dead or seriously injured? also---if boyd shot him, even accidental, why wouldn't the police have been called in immediately? i know, i know, it's a tv show and you have to suspend a bit of reality....and that is what i am doing. that episode felt like a movie. so suspenseful from start to finish.......again-wow

Finally watched it...Yeah, that was a great episode!!
    You can't say it's not "going season 2" yet. Quinn seems to really be in the mix next week.

Dex got shot in the stomach with a tranq which really isn't a huge deal. Pretty sure had either one of them said anything out of the normal, the cops woulda been called. Why the needle Dex was grasping onto wasn't found is my biggest problem.

Next week should be good!!!! You know Dex doesn't want to kill that girl. My guess is that he'll convince her to spill the beans why she got there and "help her out" with her "knowing"...
  • Not sure what they are going to make out of this. But wow Dexter just seems to be getting sloppier and sloppier with this stuff. Being noticed at a restaurant by his next victim, then a make shift clean room, than a witness... Wow it's going to get interesting.

Not sure what they are going to make out of this. But wow Dexter just seems to be getting sloppier and sloppier with this stuff. Being noticed at a restaurant by his next victim, then a make shift clean room, than a witness... Wow it's going to get interesting.

Yeah, what's also interesting is that once he killed that guy how it didn't make him feel any better.

Maybe I missed something, but thought him getting seen at the restaurant was intentional and a means to find out his route/daily pattern.

Next week is going to be really good! I just really, really hope they don't end the episode right were Quinn asks if that picture is Kyle Butler. Ugh, that would piss me off! :lol:
    mca47 wrote:
    Not sure what they are going to make out of this. But wow Dexter just seems to be getting sloppier and sloppier with this stuff. Being noticed at a restaurant by his next victim, then a make shift clean room, than a witness... Wow it's going to get interesting.

Yeah, what's also interesting is that once he killed that guy how it didn't make him feel any better.

Maybe I missed something, but thought him getting seen at the restaurant was intentional and a means to find out his route/daily pattern.

Next week is going to be really good! I just really, really hope they don't end the episode right were Quinn asks if that picture is Kyle Butler. Ugh, that would piss me off! :lol:

he was at the restaurant scouting boyd out...but he did not want to get caught. he even made a comment (in his head) about how attentive boyd was. i think the point of that, and the other mistakes dex made and has been making, is to show how much the loss of rita is affecting him. he's kind of becoming a little more human in a way.

this has the potential to be the best season since the premier....which is saying a lot because 2 and 4 were phenomenal.
    www.myspace.com
  • That's odd, i wasn't that big of a fan of season 2. After seeing it again I just like the parts where Doakes and Dexter had their talks in those two episodes.

That's odd, i wasn't that big of a fan of season 2. After seeing it again I just like the parts where Doakes and Dexter had their talks in those two episodes.

I really wasn't a huge fan of season 2 either.
    Well, at least we know where Julia Styles (sp?) comes in...

I really hope they don't become killing buddies like Dexter and Jimmy Smits character...
  • hmmmm, now what. I don't watch previews...

mca47 wrote:

I really hope they don't become killing buddies like Dexter and Jimmy Smits character...

did you see the preview?
    www.myspace.com
  • tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    Anyone else think it's weird that Dexter convinces the nanny to stay and then is out late the same night. I'm thinking she might quit again.
  • Anyone else think it's weird that Dexter convinces the nanny to stay and then is out late the same night. I'm thinking she might quit again.

I'm thinking something is going to come up with the Nanny by seasons end.

• weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,292
    Anyone else think it's weird that Dexter convinces the nanny to stay and then is out late the same night. I'm thinking she might quit again.

she quits and julie stiles (however you spell her name) becomes Dexters sidekick and also watches the kid

she quits and julie stiles (however you spell her name) becomes Dexters sidekick and also watches the kid

in the book his sister is his sidekick...so maybe this is the show's version of that. i'm not sure how i feel about this. i was hoping dex would have just let her die on her own. that way he wouldn't have to break his code.
    www.myspace.com
  • I'm thinking something is going to come up with the Nanny by seasons end.[/quote]

she quits and julie stiles (however you spell her name) becomes Dexters sidekick and also watches the kid[/quote]

in the book his sister is his sidekick...so maybe this is the show's version of that. i'm not sure how i feel about this. i was hoping dex would have just let her die on her own. that way he wouldn't have to break his code.[/quote]
    Hmm all that I've seen in the books are his sister knows what he does, but doesn't ask questions....

• I was really surprised how early they killed Boyd!
    At least there is more :shock:
    Roll on Monday.
    DUBLIN~~22-6-10
    BELFAST~~23-6-10

"Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight,"
    mca47 wrote:

did you see the preview?

Negative. My DVR stopped before the preview started...

she quits and julie stiles (however you spell her name) becomes Dexters sidekick and also watches the kid[/quote]

in the book his sister is his sidekick...so maybe this is the show's version of that. i'm not sure how i feel about this. i was hoping dex would have just let her die on her own. that way he wouldn't have to break his code.[/quote]
    Hmm all that I've seen in the books are his sister knows what he does, but doesn't ask questions....[/quote]

i thought he helps her solve murders in the second one. she's not really his sidekick i guess.

i could be wrong though.
    www.myspace.com
  • I'm thinking something is going to come up with the Nanny by seasons end.

Hmm all that I've seen in the books are his sister knows what he does, but doesn't ask questions....[/quote]

i thought he helps her solve murders in the second one. she's not really his sidekick i guess.

i could be wrong though.[/quote]

Yea she does help solve the murders with her. She always asks his help. He doesn't do much killing himself in the books,

the intensity of each episode never ceases to amaze me...
    www.myspace.com
  • havent LOVED any episodes this season...i know it takes a few eps each season to build it up but nothing has got me sucked in this season like it did last season.
    "The world is dangerous, feel safe here tonight..." EV 9/17/06

38+6 shows at the age of 27 and counting...but still no Undone

My podcast: Hotel Manager Talk- Dedicated to Hotel Employees, tell your friends. http://www.HotelManagerTalk.com