Dexter Season 5

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,558
    mca47 wrote:
    I enjoyed the finale too. Anything compared to last year's is going to be pretty dull. That said, other than season 4's, most haven't been too crazy

Lumen deciding she was going to leave pissed me off. I really started to like her...and that came a long way from how I felt when we first met her. I don't believe it'll be the last we hear of her though.

Deb's catching Dex and Lumen in the act, but not seeing them, was a bit predictable in so much that her feeling towards the vigilantes has been been growing over the last 4 or so episodes (Dexter and her talking in the kitchen about bad people being killed, and then at her desk about how she sort of finds out what the vigilantes do to be romantic).

The Quinn-Liddy-Dexter thing came to an abrupt end. Clearly Dex was protecting Quinn because he did nothing wrong (and because of Deb), but he was also protecting himself because had Quinn gone down, he would have mentioned Dexter.

I liked it.

the deb catching dexter thing was predictable because of the foreshadowing you mentioned, but they could have made things waaaay more interesting had she actually looked behind the stupid plastic sheet to see her brother there. i dunno. you knew it was going to come to that. i think the writers had two choices at that point and took the easier route.
    www.myspace.com
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282

the deb catching dexter thing was predictable because of the foreshadowing you mentioned, but they could have made things waaaay more interesting had she actually looked behind the stupid plastic sheet to see her brother there. i dunno. you knew it was going to come to that. i think the writers had two choices at that point and took the easier route.

I also believe they knew there was at least another season left. Had they let Deb in on it, it could have potentially made the writing harder in the year(s) to come.

I have no idea where they could even go from here.
    mca47 wrote:

I also believe they knew there was at least another season left. Had they let Deb in on it, it could have potentially made the writing harder in the year(s) to come.

I have no idea where they could even go from here.

harder = more interesting.
    www.myspace.com
  • just start to watch the 5th season....fuck..fuck..so sad about Rita...i thought in season 4 at end that was dexters kinda of dream..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    just start to watch the 5th season....fuck..fuck..so sad about Rita...i thought in season 4 at end that was dexters kinda of dream..

man you were waaay off :lol::lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • just start to watch the 5th season....fuck..fuck..so sad about Rita...i thought in season 4 at end that was dexters kinda of dream..

man you were waaay off :lol::lol:
    :lol:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • season 6?at september 2011??

my favorites are season 2-4-5 :)
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    just start to watch the 5th season....fuck..fuck..so sad about Rita...i thought in season 4 at end that was dexters kinda of dream..
    I wish! I hated that ending
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
    season 6?at september 2011??

not season 1? That was my favorite - not that there was a bad season at all
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• LukinFan wrote:
    season 6?at september 2011??

not season 1? That was my favorite - not that there was a bad season at all
    that brithish Lila at season 2....... ;):lol:
    i think i'll go (in order): 1, 4, 2, 5, 3.
    www.myspace.com
  • i think i'll go (in order): 1, 4, 2, 5, 3.
    for sure season 3 is the last in the list
    i think i'll go (in order): 1, 4, 2, 5, 3.
    for sure season 3 is the last in the list

never been a big jimmy smits fan and his character did not seem very believable to me.
    www.myspace.com
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    I was a little late to this show, but my kids kept telling me I'd love it, and its the most addictive show on the planet. Watched seasons 1-4 in about 8 days in all my free time. It was like the book you can never put down. Rita was annoying. Now I'm waiting for season 5 to go up on netflix.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • titchinellotitchinello Posts: 3,139
    Anybody, any idea when season 5 is being aired on british ( sky ) Tv??
    Glasgow cathouse-1992-2-23, San diego sports arena-1995-11-06 & 07, Glasgow secc-2000-06-03, Tampa st petes times forum-2003-04-13, London O2 arena-2009-08-18, Belfast odyssey arena-2010-06-23.Leeds 2014 - 07-08
    don't do torrents?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• titchinellotitchinello Posts: 3,139
    LukinFan wrote:
    don't do torrents?

No, I don't really do torrents, and besideds, I like watching on Tv and have the anticipation of waiting til next week to see what happens next.... I'm old fashioned i guess
    Glasgow cathouse-1992-2-23, San diego sports arena-1995-11-06 & 07, Glasgow secc-2000-06-03, Tampa st petes times forum-2003-04-13, London O2 arena-2009-08-18, Belfast odyssey arena-2010-06-23.Leeds 2014 - 07-08
    LukinFan wrote:
    don't do torrents?

No, I don't really do torrents, and besideds, I like watching on Tv and have the anticipation of waiting til next week to see what happens next.... I'm old fashioned i guess
    with Dexter it's really hard to wait
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• LukinFan wrote:
    with Dexter it's really hard to wait
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVApgr1Mqto

Teaser for Season 6 is up kids. Hopefully they don't disappoint.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVApgr1Mqto

AWESOME!!!! :)
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906

Awesome. I hope their isnt too much drama in this season, but anything would be good.

Seasons 4 and 5 had way too much drama. What made seasons 1-3 (mainly the first)so good is the lack of drama it had on the show. Dexter had pretty much no emotion, and their wasnt any sappy love life shit like seasons 4 and 5.(well, unless you count that annoying british bitch in season 2)

Season 1 was a masterpiece and the opening episode was honestly the greatest opening episode to any show of all time.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • LizardjamLizardjam Posts: 1,121

Awesome. I hope their isnt too much drama in this season, but anything would be good.

Seasons 4 and 5 had way too much drama. What made seasons 1-3 (mainly the first)so good is the lack of drama it had on the show. Dexter had pretty much no emotion, and their wasnt any sappy love life shit like seasons 4 and 5.(well, unless you count that annoying british bitch in season 2)

Season 1 was a masterpiece and the opening episode was honestly the greatest opening episode to any show of all time.

Do stop talking.... hehe I love when Lila said that! She was a character I definitely loved to hate. I just picked up the 5th season at blockbuster this morning!!! How in the world do they only have one copy??
    bugs in the way...I feel about you

"New music, new friends. Pearl Jam."

I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stone

"This record is us speaking out in class." -EV on PJ
    they still have blockbusters?
    www.myspace.com
  • LizardjamLizardjam Posts: 1,121
    they still have blockbusters?

few and far between. All the discs in netflix said short or long wait. I didn't want to wait.
    bugs in the way...I feel about you

"New music, new friends. Pearl Jam."

I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stone

"This record is us speaking out in class." -EV on PJ
    Season 6 starts 10-2-11

http://www.tvline.com/2011/07/premiere- ... -homeland/

Best non-comedy on TV
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,824
    LukinFan wrote:
    Season 6 starts 10-2-11

Best non-comedy on TV

Can't wait. My fiance and I watched the first 5 seasons within 2 months...we were so addicted. Waiting 1 week for each episode is going to be tough!
    LukinFan wrote:
    Season 6 starts 10-2-11

Best non-comedy on TV

Can't wait. My fiance and I watched the first 5 seasons within 2 months...we were so addicted. Waiting 1 week for each episode is going to be tough!

that's the absolute best way to watch a show
    www.myspace.com
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,824

that's the absolute best way to watch a show

Definitely. I'm trying to figure out what show to watch next. I'm trying to get her to watch 'the wire', but she doesn't seem too interested in that. I've seen the whole series already, but would love to watch it again.