Dexter Season 5

Comments

• I can see your point about it not sucking you in. Maybe it's because it seems like there is to many occurrences where Dexter needs to cover his tracks. But than again, he is going against the "code" as well as kind of having a partner who interrupts his deal.
    Yea at times it can be slow, but I still think the way they write is awesome. Just when you think Dexter you are screwed, you are like...very nice...lovely twist.
    Live Life love people, you never know what battle they may be facing..

Your worth has always been there...don't argue with those who see it.just accept you are valuable.
  • I can see your point about it not sucking you in. Maybe it's because it seems like there is to many occurrences where Dexter needs to cover his tracks. But than again, he is going against the "code" as well as kind of having a partner who interrupts his deal.
    Yea at times it can be slow, but I still think the way they write is awesome. Just when you think Dexter you are screwed, you are like...very nice...lovely twist.

The coming attractions at the end of last weeks episode for this week made it seem different- like Deb saw Dex running outside when he was trying to tackle that guy wrapped up. THAT wouldve been an intense scene, but thats not how it went down.
    "The world is dangerous, feel safe here tonight..." EV 9/17/06

38+6 shows at the age of 27 and counting...but still no Undone

My podcast: Hotel Manager Talk- Dedicated to Hotel Employees, tell your friends. http://www.HotelManagerTalk.com
  • But yes, I agree. I watched the last episode and was kind of like Really?? Wow how does he get out of that.

And yea, not like the coming events to follow. But you have to admit, kind of funny how it played out. They just hook you. We watch and wait.

See the way you feel right now is how I felt with the last episode last season. I was like man this is slow, are they going to make it so blah, and then bam..Rita is dead.

I think that is going to happen. Well I hope so anyway. I am uneasy with Julia Stiles, not sure why they have her interrupting things. Probably to do with Dexter and emotions. Finding some identity?
    Live Life love people, you never know what battle they may be facing..

Your worth has always been there...don't argue with those who see it.just accept you are valuable.
  • Still someone on the fence this season.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,563
    I can see your point about it not sucking you in. Maybe it's because it seems like there is to many occurrences where Dexter needs to cover his tracks. But than again, he is going against the "code" as well as kind of having a partner who interrupts his deal.

The coming attractions at the end of last weeks episode for this week made it seem different- like Deb saw Dex running outside when he was trying to tackle that guy wrapped up. THAT wouldve been an intense scene, but thats not how it went down.

if deb would have actually seen him chasing that guy....don't you think that would have kind of done dexter in? :mrgreen: the previews every week make you think stuff like that will happen. this occurs in most shows. i for one was on the edge of my seat for most of last night's episode. i thought it was great. had to suspend belief for a bit....but it was still great.

dex is going against harry's code...he is making tons of mistakes....this season has to end with him getting caught.

wouldn't some kind of investigation lead to dex's and lumen's prints all over that warehouse? dex didn't have his gloves on. especially the dude who he was originally going to kill...
    www.myspace.com
  • I'd still like to see Dexter get caught. and have a season of a trial, flashbacks etc...
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

I'd still like to see Dexter get caught. and have a season of a trial, flashbacks etc...

that would be the ultimate way for it to end...the most logical too.

it feels weird to root for that and also for him to get away with everything on a week to week basis. that's part of the reason the show is so intriguing to me.
    www.myspace.com
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    I'd still like to see Dexter get caught. and have a season of a trial, flashbacks etc...

Yeah...that would be a killer ending to the series.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282

wouldn't some kind of investigation lead to dex's and lumen's prints all over that warehouse? dex didn't have his gloves on. especially the dude who he was originally going to kill...

I'm pretty sure that's where they are going. They made a point to emphasize Masuka saying "Don't touch that nozzle"...which Lumen used to wash the blood down the drain.
    You know they are going to pull her prints off of it.

Lumen's prints on the nozzle, blood clearly washed down the drain, a plastic police tie used to tie up the rapist guy (everyone has those...), the guy in plastic who will clearly tell his story of a guy abducting him (which may or may not hold weight considering they'll find out he killed others), and the lack of GSR on the plastic wrap guy...

Seems like a thorough investigation would bring up a lot of inconsistencies.

I just can't wait for Deb to find out that Quinn is secretly investigating her brother...which you know will happen especially since they are now a couple, of sorts. - Adds to the drama.
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    mca47 wrote:

I'm pretty sure that's where they are going. They made a point to emphasize Masuka saying "Don't touch that nozzle"...which Lumen used to wash the blood down the drain.

Lumen's prints on the nozzle, blood clearly washed down the drain, a plastic police tie used to tie up the rapist guy (everyone has those...), the guy in plastic who will clearly tell his story of a guy abducting him (which may or may not hold weight considering they'll find out he killed others), and the lack of GSR on the plastic wrap guy...

I just can't wait for Deb to find out that Quinn is secretly investigating her brother...which you know will happen especially since they are now a couple, of sorts. - Adds to the drama.

Didn't the guy Dexter chased and dragged back to the warehouse die? I thought they showed him getting strangled when Dexter was dragging him by the plastic and it was wrapped around his neck.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
    youngster wrote:

Didn't the guy Dexter chased and dragged back to the warehouse die? I thought they showed him getting strangled when Dexter was dragging him by the plastic and it was wrapped around his neck.

Oh, I guess that's possible. I just assumed he was passed out from being stangled.

Either way, there is still a lot in that crime scene that wouldn't add up.
    mca47 wrote:
    youngster wrote:

Oh, I guess that's possible. I just assumed he was passed out from being stangled.

Either way, there is still a lot in that crime scene that wouldn't add up.

I said the same thing. Sooner or later they would have either Dexter or Lumen's prints or some evidence left behind to link either of them to the scene. Dexter is walking on thin ice this season but I am loving every minute of it.

• mca47 wrote:

Zap straps aren't particularly hard to get a hold of. Anybody could probably walk into a hardware store and get them.
    i hope they have an investigation...if not it would expose some huge holes in the writing.
    www.myspace.com
    I watched the last episode again yesterday (nothing else was on at the time).

So Dexter had his gloves on the whole time he touched anything that would be incriminating.
    I thought Masuka said not to touch the nozzle because of potential fingerprints, but it seems it was more of a sexual connotation/reference than it was from an investigational standpoint. We'll see...

When the guy in plastic was making a run for it, what I don't get is why he didn't yell for help. Flashlights were visable from around the corner...pretty sure if that was me, I'd be yelling for anyone's help as a madman was chasing me down! Had the guy said anything, Dexter would have been bigtime screwed!
  • mca47 wrote:
    I watched the last episode again yesterday (nothing else was on at the time).

So Dexter had his gloves on the whole time he touched anything that would be incriminating.
    I thought Masuka said not to touch the nozzle because of potential fingerprints, but it seems it was more of a sexual connotation/reference than it was from an investigational standpoint. We'll see...

When the guy in plastic was making a run for it, what I don't get is why he didn't yell for help. Flashlights were visable from around the corner...pretty sure if that was me, I'd be yelling for anyone's help as a madman was chasing me down! Had the guy said anything, Dexter would have been bigtime screwed!
    Wasn't it Lumen that hosed down the room though. Not sure if he told her to wipe off her prints though.
    Wasn't it Lumen that hosed down the room though. Not sure if he told her to wipe off her prints though.

Yeah, it was.
    Between the potential prints, her being seen by Quinn, and the investigation pulling up info on these girls (you know they'll find someone who's gonna talk about Lumen), it's a matter of time before she's found out and since it appears Dex is getting close to her...could spell trouble.

Looks like P.I. guy is going to get a little closer to Dexter next week. THe previews look good. I kind of like his character...such a dick! haha!
  • I'm still completely on the fence for this season.

• I'm still completely on the fence for this season.

Took a while to get going, but I'm really enjoying it now, the last two episodes have been really good.
    I'm still completely on the fence for this season.

While I'm enjoying this season, I can see how others might think it's a bit "meh".
    There is nothing really new going on from previous seasons.
    The Code is pretty much an afterthought.
    Still not sure where this Lumen thing is going...
    So many "pieces" in place that could get good, but it's really being drawn out.

I thought the club scene was good. I just wonder how it's going to play out with LaGuerta's dumb decision to have that undercover go in.
  • mca47 wrote:
    I'm still completely on the fence for this season.

While I'm enjoying this season, I can see how others might think it's a bit "meh".
    There is nothing really new going on from previous seasons.
    The Code is pretty much an afterthought.
    Still not sure where this Lumen thing is going...
    So many "pieces" in place that could get good, but it's really being drawn out.

I thought the club scene was good. I just wonder how it's going to play out with LaGuerta's dumb decision to have that undercover go in.

I'm still expecting something with the Nanny...

I'm still expecting something with the Nanny...

I think something will happen with the Nanny as well. They are allowing her to be evermore present in episodes and evermore closer to Dexter. You know something is going to happen.

I wonder what it could be? I know it's going to be something!!
    looks like they've just gone past all the holes regarding the finger prints in last week's episode though....
    www.myspace.com
    looks like they've just gone past all the holes regarding the finger prints in last week's episode though....

Yeah...so far. ;):lol:

But Quinn knows about her...or of her.
    That'll spell trouble!
  • Well as of last nights episode, suddenly Dexter drops off his bodies near shore? Close enough for the detective to take pictures/ video of him dumping the body? What ever happen to being out in the middle of no where dropping them off in the gulf stream current or something like that.

Well as of last nights episode, suddenly Dexter drops off his bodies near shore? Close enough for the detective to take pictures/ video of him dumping the body? What ever happen to being out in the middle of no where dropping them off in the gulf stream current or something like that.

I thought the same thing...

either that, or that guy has an icnredible camera lens... :?
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Well as of last nights episode, suddenly Dexter drops off his bodies near shore? Close enough for the detective to take pictures/ video of him dumping the body? What ever happen to being out in the middle of no where dropping them off in the gulf stream current or something like that.

I was thinking the latter. That dude had a mini telescope on the end of that camera.

Note: Anyone else notice the detective is the same guy who played Robocop?

dcfaithful wrote:

i thought the video was of them loading the boat. unless i missed something.

another hole in the writing: cole goes missing...yet the door in his hotel room is smashed down. this is the door that leads directly into dexter's room. nah, that's not gonna lead back to dexter at all. :roll:

i am growing to hate lumen as each episode goes by. why on earth would she go to that hotel. i guess dexter told her too because he needed her to deliver the plastic and stuff. but why risk being in the same place as jordan chase and cole?
    www.myspace.com
    edited November 2010
    dcfaithful wrote:

another hole in the writing: cole goes missing...yet the door in his hotel room is smashed down. this is the door that leads directly into dexter's room. nah, that's not gonna lead back to dexter at all. :roll:

i am growing to hate lumen as each episode goes by. why on earth would she go to that hotel. i guess dexter told her too because he needed her to deliver the plastic and stuff. but why risk being in the same place as jordan chase and cole?

Yeah, that whole incident with Cole was trouble all together.

Side note, did that woman Cole was porking not sound like she was being pleased at all?? :lol::lol:

I too am growing a disliking for Lumen... she has too much of that naive sheltered girl thing going on. Her character just erks me. She's also too much baggage for Dexter and could possibly lead to his downfall.

I'm interested to see what Quinn's going to do...pursue the Dexter thing and jeapordize the whole Deb thing, and his work relationship with her and more so Dexter because you know Deb would spill it to Dexter. Or will he do what it takes to get this guy to back down. I have a suspicion Liddy will go to LaGuerta either way given the line he said in the preview; "Your boss will be kissing my ass with this."

Jordan knows there is more to Dexter than just being a blood analyst who lost his wife in a tragic mishap...

Can't wait for next Sunday.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:

I guess she is just desperate to bring closure to this that she would put herself in danger if it meant they would be killed.

Oh, and good call on the door thing. I never thought of that. Big oversight on the writers part.