Dexter Season 5

Comments

• tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    mca47 wrote:
    Trinity. He got her when she came back for her id. He didn't want to ruin the surprise.

It's seeming like that's what's going to happen, but at least Quinn has better reasons for his suspicions.

I just got finished watching season four again. Did anybody else laugh when Dexter went to go check Rita's pulse?

But it seems sort of anti-climatic of Trinity. He knows he's going to die, you'd think he'd at least mention something...
    Even when Dexter mentioned he has a family, Trinity didn't even flinch, or smile/smirk...nothing.

I honestly didn't even notice Dexter checking her pulse. :D
    I'm gonna miss Rita. She was nice to look at! :lol:
    I don't think he smiled or smirked because he never seemed to enjoy killing people.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,558
    mca47 wrote:
    I just got done watching season 4.

Netflix sent me the first disc in the mail. Watched that, and said "Fuck you slow-ass Netflix!". Found the rest of the season in HD online, and downloaded episodes 10-12 on my PS3.

GOOD F'N SEASON!!!!!

I knew how it was going to end, via a stupid loudmouth friend, but it was still amazing!

Speculation and spoilers below....

It ended rather abruptly. Who do you think killed Rita? Did Trinity get her before she left for vacation? If so, why didn't he say anything to him before he was killed?
    Also...the whole "ritualistic" way in which his baby was sitting there (just like Dexter as a kid) seems like it could have been someone/something else...

From the preview - I really hope Quinn isn't made into the 'big black detective' (forget his name) from season 2. It appears to be the exact same scenario as that. Miami Metro detective has these strange suspicious of Dexter, they butt heads, suspicions lead to personal investigations, etc.

it was most definitely trinity. that is how his sister died (which he confided to dexter in tampa) and i believe that is how he completed his last cycle.

i agree about quinn. doakes was the black dude's name quinn kind of took over his role of being the only one suspicious of dexter.

next season looks amazing. i cannot wait.
    www.myspace.com
    mca47 wrote:
    Trinity. He got her when she came back for her id. He didn't want to ruin the surprise.

It's seeming like that's what's going to happen, but at least Quinn has better reasons for his suspicions.

I just got finished watching season four again. Did anybody else laugh when Dexter went to go check Rita's pulse?

But it seems sort of anti-climatic of Trinity. He knows he's going to die, you'd think he'd at least mention something...
    Even when Dexter mentioned he has a family, Trinity didn't even flinch, or smile/smirk...nothing.

I honestly didn't even notice Dexter checking her pulse. :D
    I'm gonna miss Rita. She was nice to look at! :lol:
    I don't think he smiled or smirked because he never seemed to enjoy killing people.

this guy is spot on :thumbup:
    www.myspace.com
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076

it was most definitely trinity. that is how his sister died (which he confided to dexter in tampa) and i believe that is how he completed his last cycle.

i agree about quinn. doakes was the black dude's name quinn kind of took over his role of being the only one suspicious of dexter.

I think Quinn will have a much larger role in this season considering the possibilities of investigation and speculation about Dexter.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
    dcfaithful wrote:

I think Quinn will have a much larger role in this season considering the possibilities of investigation and speculation about Dexter.

agreed. it will be interesting to see.
    www.myspace.com
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    dcfaithful wrote:

Yeah, in the preview everytime they showed Quinn he was trying to get dirt on Dexter. Gonna be a huge part of season 5.
    I wonder how Deb's character is going to play out in this season. Now that she knows about Dexter (as far as his mother and him being the Ice Truck Killer's brother).

Oh man, I can't wait for the new season!!
  • tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    mca47 wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

Yeah, in the preview everytime they showed Quinn he was trying to get dirt on Dexter. Gonna be a huge part of season 5.
    I wonder how Deb's character is going to play out in this season. Now that she knows about Dexter (as far as his mother and him being the Ice Truck Killer's brother).

Oh man, I can't wait for the new season!!
    Unfortunately for Dexter he doesn't have an alibi for when Rita was murdered either. It'll be interesting to see how Quinn's investigation pans out.
    Unfortunately for Dexter he doesn't have an alibi for when Rita was murdered either. It'll be interesting to see how Quinn's investigation pans out.

That's true, I never thought of that...

Also, in the preview Masuka said that her death didn't fit Trinity's style of killing young, single, brunettes. Also going to make it tough for Dexter. Well, and Dexter saying "I did it"...that certainly won't help either! :lol:
    anyone familiar with the book? specifically debra and dexter's relationship?

i don't want to spoil anything (though i dont know for sure that is where they are taking the show)
    www.myspace.com
  • mca47 wrote:

Also, in the preview Masuka said that her death didn't fit Trinity's style of killing young, single, brunettes. Also going to make it tough for Dexter. Well, and Dexter saying "I did it"...that certainly won't help either! :lol:

Man, I just finished Season 4! wooohooo, holy fudge.
    ***spoilers****

I thought season 4 started really slow. I cringed when Dexter was chasing that neighborhood kid. lame. But john Lithgow was great.

But in addition to the heat that Dexter is gonna feel in season 5, Masuka saw Dexters wife kissing the neighbor too, then Dexter jacks him in the face. The next day we saw what happened to Rita. fuckin-a!
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    mca47 wrote:

But in addition to the heat that Dexter is gonna feel in season 5, Masuka saw Dexters wife kissing the neighbor too, then Dexter jacks him in the face. The next day we saw what happened to Rita. fuckin-a!

was that really the next day? i kind of forget the timeframe right now..
    www.myspace.com
  • was that really the next day? i kind of forget the timeframe right now..

I'm not really sure.. it might have been a couple of days at most.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)

Good point man, I didn't even think about that. That could be an important factor.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    was that really the next day? i kind of forget the timeframe right now..

I'm not really sure.. it might have been a couple of days at most.

It was days later, because it happened on Thanksgiving, and Dexter was dealing with Arthur long after he saw his outburst on his family on Thanksgiving as well.

In any case, it is a good point to keep on the front of our minds, the fact that Masuka saw something that could potentially be investigated as part of Dexter's motiv.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Getting closer everyone. This is going to be awesome... Dexter Season 5...
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY!!!
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Monday for me :(
    Unless I want to stay up till 3.am over the time diff. :evil:
    Literally CANNOT wait.
    DUBLIN~~22-6-10
    BELFAST~~23-6-10

"Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight,"
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    Man I cannot wait for Sunday. Dexter is the best show on TV. That Boardwalk Empire show had a great 1st episode but that will be bumped to Monday so I can catch Dexter.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
    youngster wrote:
    Man I cannot wait for Sunday. Dexter is the best show on TV. That Boardwalk Empire show had a great 1st episode but that will be bumped to Monday so I can catch Dexter.

i really cant wait. sucks its on at the same time. at least east bound and down is on at 10:30 though. might just watch boardwalk empire at 11....hmmm....all the good shows come on just two nights: sunday or thursdays.

also--weeds is on mondays. that show is awesome.
    www.myspace.com
    The girlfriend is making a red velvet cake with "blood" splatter on the cream cheese frosting for the occasion Sunday.

God, we're lame. :lol:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    Woohoo!

Can't wait!!!
    Getting close! :D
    intense. intense. intense.

kinda wish he really left and this season would be about the chase though...gonna be interesting
    www.myspace.com
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    Good first episode. Sets the tone for things to come. Looks to be a good season. Dexter and NFL football on Sundays are a great combination.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
    Great episode!!!!!

Wow!!!!
  • Still contemplating the season opener. It was good though. Like always I'll watch it again prior to episode 2 being shown.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

i like how there's now a seed of doubt in the back of everyone's mind regarding dexter.

it looks like there's going to be another serial killer on the loose though. i really hope this doesn't mirror season 2...
    www.myspace.com
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    i like how there's now a seed of doubt in the back of everyone's mind regarding dexter.

it looks like there's going to be another serial killer on the loose though. i really hope this doesn't mirror season 2...

yeah cause that ending sucked.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • i was dissapointed in season 2 when it first came out. But when I re-watched in a year ago I was more impressed. The ending was a little weak though...

It'll be interesting to see how he explains where he was, what he was doing...

Damnit, I want episode 2 now!!! :D