Dexter Season 5

Comments

• dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    mca47 wrote:
    It'll be interesting to see how he explains where he was, what he was doing...

Damnit, I want episode 2 now!!! :D

When Astor asked him I immediately thought, "Oh shit, Dexter...you best bet gettin' your story straight."

I know it's his character...but is it painful for anyone else to watch his social awkwardness at times?
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    dcfaithful wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

When Astor asked him I immediately thought, "Oh shit, Dexter...you best bet gettin' your story straight."

I know it's his character...but is it painful for anyone else to watch his social awkwardness at times?

Yep. I'm the same way. Many times last night I thought "...just act this way, or show some emotion...something!"
    So did anyone else question the whole setting the storage space on fire?
    Seems to me that would immediately draw unwanted attention toward him.

??
    mca47 wrote:

??

I thought the same thing. Unless the only person who knows about it is Dexter himself...which seems pretty likely.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

??

I thought the same thing. Unless the only person who knows about it is Dexter himself...which seems pretty likely.

Even still, don't you have to rent a space...give ID, make a payment, that kind of thing.
    Surely the fire dept would come and investigate and realize it was arson, and then Dexter would just have to hope all incriminating evidence would get burned to make it unidentifiable.
    They would then ask Dexter about it, and the whole "wife being murdered, and the rental space being set on fire" thing would look really bad.

I dunno...

It's TV right!?!! :D
    mca47 wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

??

Even still, don't you have to rent a space...give ID, make a payment, that kind of thing.
    Surely the fire dept would come and investigate and realize it was arson, and then Dexter would just have to hope all incriminating evidence would get burned to make it unidentifiable.
    They would then ask Dexter about it, and the whole "wife being murdered, and the rental space being set on fire" thing would look really bad.

I dunno...

It's TV right!?!! :D

Good point. Yeah...there is no question Dexter's belt is tightening. He needs to be extremely smart.

But dude...what the fuck? There was really no clarity to that guy that got murdered in the bathroom by Dexter....that looked like a scene for him just waiting to be caught.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:

Good point. Yeah...there is no question Dexter's belt is tightening. He needs to be extremely smart.

But dude...what the fuck? There was really no clarity to that guy that got murdered in the bathroom by Dexter....that looked like a scene for him just waiting to be caught.

Yeah, that didn't make any sense at all.
    That really goes against everything he's stood for too. Thy guy being a dick isn't exactly in the "code". Sure, Dexter has deviated from the code before, but not out of rage, or not so thoughtless (in the sense that he didn't plan).
    mca47 wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

Yeah, that didn't make any sense at all.
    That really goes against everything he's stood for too. Thy guy being a dick isn't exactly in the "code". Sure, Dexter has deviated from the code before, but not out of rage, or not so thoughtless (in the sense that he didn't plan).

Oddly enough, Harry appeared again when he did something that wasn't in the "code", and told him that was the most human thing he's seen him do since what happened at the end of season 4....

I've noticed that the first few episodes in a season are kind of a tease...but there is always that mid point in a Dexter season where things just take right off.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • dcfaithful wrote:

I think he was just trying to clean up his trail. He was about to become the lead suspect in his wife's murder and that guy could of been like "I saw him go this way."
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    yeah!!!! season 4 DVDs released here in oz. im catching up..................slowly. :mrgreen:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • mca47 wrote:

I thought Laguerta and Batista said he was the witness at their wedding at the time of the murder.

Something tells be he is going to be suspended from his job.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,563
    mca47 wrote:

I thought Laguerta and Batista said he was the witness at their wedding at the time of the murder.

i thought the same thing at first, but that took place hours earlier during the day. so then i was just thinking laguerta was acting like that because she didn't want her wedding day to have an even bigger bad omen with her department investigating her own wedding witnesses wife's murder...but then again, when did mazuka estimate the time of death? hmmmmmmmm even if they determine the time of death took place earlier in day when he was at their wedding, wouldn't dex still have to account for the time in between then and when he called 911? that has to be a significant amount of time. maybe this is the the writers little loop hole to get him out of this jam.

i was curious about him burning down his storage thing too. but maybe he opened it up under a fake name/identity. he is a super smart blood analyst/serial killer. he's got to be able to figure out a way to do that right? plus there was nothing in the previews about that. kinda weak---but again, i think the writers are trying to move away from making this the big storyline as there seems to be another serial killer coming...and it appears quinn's the only one actively looking into the whole mess... ala doakes in season 2.
    www.myspace.com
    mca47 wrote:

i thought the same thing at first, but that took place hours earlier during the day. so then i was just thinking laguerta was acting like that because she didn't want her wedding day to have an even bigger bad omen with her department investigating her own wedding witnesses wife's murder...but then again, when did mazuka estimate the time of death? hmmmmmmmm even if they determine the time of death took place earlier in day when he was at their wedding, wouldn't dex still have to account for the time in between then and when he called 911? that has to be a significant amount of time. maybe this is the the writers little loop hole to get him out of this jam.

i was curious about him burning down his storage thing too. but maybe he opened it up under a fake name/identity. he is a super smart blood analyst/serial killer. he's got to be able to figure out a way to do that right? plus there was nothing in the previews about that. kinda weak---but again, i think the writers are trying to move away from making this the big storyline as there seems to be another serial killer coming...and it appears quinn's the only one actively looking into the whole mess... ala doakes in season 2.

On the preview for episode 2, when it showed Quinn questioning Arthur's son with Dexter's picture, did anyone else think that he may not say anything or kind of defend "Kyle Butler" because he showed concern for him in relation to his dad and was somewhat protective of him?
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • I believe Masuka did say the time of death.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

dcfaithful wrote:

On the preview for episode 2, when it showed Quinn questioning Arthur's son with Dexter's picture, did anyone else think that he may not say anything or kind of defend "Kyle Butler" because he showed concern for him in relation to his dad and was somewhat protective of him?

For Dexter's sake, he better hope that kid keeps his mouth shut! :lol:
    mca47 wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

No shit, right? I have a hunch that he will.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:
    mca47 wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

No shit, right? I have a hunch that he will.

Yeah, but I have a feeling Quinn is still going to be able to read between the lines.
    The kid may say "Oh, uh....no", but I'm guessing Quinn will call bullshit.
    mca47 wrote:
    The kid may say "Oh, uh....no", but I'm guessing Quinn will call bullshit.

You're probably right about that. Quinn, like he said, is the only one thinking like a detective on this...he's bound to uncover something like Doakes did. Quinn better watch his ass! :twisted:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • I believe Masuka did say the time of death.
    He said that she was in the tub for about eight hours.
    I believe Masuka did say the time of death.

I laughed my ass off at what he said about Rita being naked. :lol:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    dcfaithful wrote:

youre a sick sick man. have you no respect for the dead. 8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    youre a sick sick man. have you no respect for the dead. 8-)

Television dead...no. :twisted: :lol:;)
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • dcfaithful wrote:

Same, it was pretty hilarious.
  • Quinn better make sure he doesn't end up in a cabin in the everglades locked in a cage... Oh wait, that already happened.

So where would that put Dexter 8 hours before he came home?
    Wouldn't he have been at the station at that time? Assuming that he got home (at the latest) 11-12 and found her, 8 hours before that would be 3-4pm.
    Trinity was killed after that, as it was pitch black out when Dexter caught up to him.

So maybe he will have an alibi...?
    mca47 wrote:

So where would that put Dexter 8 hours before he came home?
    Wouldn't he have been at the station at that time? Assuming that he got home (at the latest) 11-12 and found her, 8 hours before that would be 3-4pm.
    Trinity was killed after that, as it was pitch black out when Dexter caught up to him.

So maybe he will have an alibi...?

Wasn't he at Arthur's house...when the police raided it??

Or am I getting my timeline totally screwed up?
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • He got out before the SWAT came in.
    When he was at Arthur's removal in the funeral home and Deb walked up next to him ? did she not know that Arthur was the Trinity Killer ?,
    Or Did they even find out he was the Trinity Killer ? I can't remember much of season 4 :? wish I could forget Rita's horrible death though. :(
    DUBLIN~~22-6-10
    BELFAST~~23-6-10

"Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight,"
    He got out before the SWAT came in.
    When he was at Arthur's removal in the funeral home and Deb walked up next to him ? did she not know that Arthur was the Trinity Killer ?,
    Or Did they even find out he was the Trinity Killer ? I can't remember much of season 4 :? wish I could forget Rita's horrible death though. :(

I'm pretty sure they found out he was the Trinity Killer...but since he's mysteriously disappeared...

I can't seem to remember a lot of the final details either.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:

Wasn't he at Arthur's house...when the police raided it??

Or am I getting my timeline totally screwed up?

I might have to go back and watch those final 2 episodes from last season. My timelines are really messed up too.

I remember Dexter being in the middle of something when Bautista called him in to the station to be present for the marriage.
    Right after that Dexter went to Trinity's and everyone found him in Trinity's garage...?? Or was their time between the marriage and Dexter being at Trinity's house? Shit I can't remember! Damn show! :lol:
  • It's pretty vague to me. I should really watch those episodes too !
    DUBLIN~~22-6-10
    BELFAST~~23-6-10

"Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight,"