Celtic and Lakers anyone

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    dcfaithful wrote:

Bowin' down to the greatest franchise in basketball history. 8-)

i dunno....he looks to be standing pretty upright. something seems fishy here....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,183
    The Lakers are in full control of this one with some hellish defense.
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    Lizard wrote:
    for DCFaithful:
    10590.gif

:D

Could not help myself, BUMP

Great game so far ;)

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    do the fucking refs get paid by the number of times they blow their whistle? :roll:
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    norm wrote:
    do the fucking refs get paid by the number of times they blow their whistle? :roll:

I stopped watching to watch this Cards v Dodgers ... seriously. (Hikoki Kuroda is on my fantasy team.)

I just can't get involved with the NBA ... it's a sport that needs fewer whistles and fewers commercials.

Makes me think I should be happy the NHL is on shitty VS. and not on a major network that needs commercials all the time.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Sincerely for you, Lizard.

Kobe.jpg

Thanks. I am gonna print that and frame it!!

Awwww......Fisher
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
    jimed14 wrote:
    norm wrote:

I stopped watching to watch this Cards v Dodgers ... seriously. (Hikoki Kuroda is on my fantasy team.)

:lol: well i could have gone to that game tonight but i stayed home to watch this :oops: :lol:

whoa, fish is crying :o :?
  • GET RID OF INSTANT REPLAY, GET RID OF STAN VAN GUNDY, AND GET RID OF THE PUKES

LAKERS WIN, PUKES LOSE
    All together now...
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    another poorly officiated game ...

really, this series is up in the air ... ray ray posting a donut ... if he hits like 2 shots - the game would be much closer ... and c's need to make free throws ...
    jimed14 wrote:
    ... it's a sport that needs fewer whistles and fewers commercials.

Makes me think I should be happy the NHL is on shitty VS. and not on a major network that needs commercials all the time.

absolutly....i've caught maybe half a game after the Bulls got knocked out.

the nba is the worst ref'd leauge in all of sports. if they aren't blowing calls because of gambling, they are blowing calls because they suck.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    awful game last night...but welcome back jojo!!!
    I love to turn you on
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    81 wrote:
    the nba is the worst ref'd leauge in all of sports.

No doubt. Last night was unreal. The calls are so flip-flopped.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • jnaughtjnaught Posts: 74
    The officiating in this series has been abysmal. The refs took Ray Allen out of game 1, they took Kobe and KG out of game 2 and Peirce out of game 3 - unbelievable. On top of that, they're rewarding Fisher and Gasol for confusing basketball with soccer and flopping all over the place. There has also been way too many fouls called where there was actually zero contact whatsoever. It's embarrassing.
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    And back up for Game 4....
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,731

I thought they "ain't" going back to LA?
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I thought they "ain't" going back to LA?

Nights dreams I gather......I believe I said earlier the team more likely to take 3 straight would be the Lakers and the best I could see from the Celtics was 2 out of 3.

The Celtics must win tonight if they have any hopes of winning this title. I feel confident they will will tonight, we shall see.

peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

jnaught wrote:
    The officiating in this series has been abysmal. The refs took Ray Allen out of game 1, they took Kobe and KG out of game 2 and Peirce out of game 3 - unbelievable. On top of that, they're rewarding Fisher and Gasol for confusing basketball with soccer and flopping all over the place. There has also been way too many fouls called where there was actually zero contact whatsoever. It's embarrassing.

I think this sums up the officiating in this series.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    Lakers win game 4, take that to the bank!!!

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,569
    Big game tonight. If the Lakers win they may as well be handed the trophy. If the Celts win, the Lakers are in the driver's seat but Boston still has a legitimate shot.

Of course I'm hoping for an L.A. win, but most of all, I hope the officiating is perfect tonight so I can stop hearing all the Celtics fan whine about how the refs are costing them games. Yes, the officiating has been bad, but it has been bad on both sides. For every bad call you point out that went against the Celtics I can show you one that went against the Lakers; for every Celtic player who had to sit down due to foul trouble, I can show you an equally important player on the Lakers who had to do the same.

The simple truth is you can't have a starter (and your top outside threat) go 0-13 and deserve to win the game (game 3), and you can't be outrebounded 42-31 and score ZERO second chance points (to the Lakers 16) (game 1) and expect to win either. The refs had nothing to do with either of those stats. If there's one thing this series has shown me so far, it's that Celtic fans are a bunch of sore losers.
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
    Big game tonight. If the Lakers win they may as well be handed the trophy. If the Celts win, the Lakers are in the driver's seat but Boston still has a legitimate shot.

Of course I'm hoping for an L.A. win, but most of all, I hope the officiating is perfect tonight so I can stop hearing all the Celtics fan whine about how the refs are costing them games. Yes, the officiating has been bad, but it has been bad on both sides. For every bad call you point out that went against the Celtics I can show you one that went against the Lakers; for every Celtic player who had to sit down due to foul trouble, I can show you an equally important player on the Lakers who had to do the same.

The simple truth is you can't have a starter (and your top outside threat) go 0-13 and deserve to win the game (game 3), and you can't be outrebounded 42-31 and score ZERO second chance points (to the Lakers 16) (game 1) and expect to win either. The refs had nothing to do with either of those stats. If there's one thing this series has shown me so far, it's that Celtic fans are a bunch of sore losers.

Any fan blaming a loss on the officiating on either is not paying attention to the games. It's been bad for both teams, make you shots and play defense will usually produce a win. I foresee a determined Celtic team tonight producing a confident win.

celtics1.gif

Peace

refs are crap and have been for many years now...nothing new...but here's hoping they let the boys play

GO LAKERS!!
    could they start the game a little later? we all know the west coast doesn't care until at least the 2nd qtr anyways. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    could they start the game a little later? we all know the west coast doesn't care until at least the 2nd qtr anyways. :lol:

Not this Westerner! :twisted: :twisted:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:
    81 wrote:

yeah, but you don't count...being a transplant and all.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    81 wrote:

yeah, but you don't count...being a transplant and all.

...crickets... :?:

Am I being obtuse? lol
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:

Am I being obtuse? lol

aren't you from the east coast....or am i confused again
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

Am I being obtuse? lol

aren't you from the east coast....or am i confused again

No, my lady is from Atlanta and I lived there with her for a while, but I am a born Utahn.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    got it....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    got it....

Cheers!

billy%2Bdee%2Bwilliams,%2Bcolt%2B45,%2B2.jpg
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    CELTICS...Lucky to be down by 3 with all the sloppy play on offense.