Celtic and Lakers anyone

Comments

• dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Ray Allen dropped some serious bombs last night!! 1-1 now, on the way back to the TD Garden. As Zeppelin said..."Bring it on home".
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,183
    jimed14 wrote:
    Looking like Celts in 5 after tonight's annihalation of LA. We beat the Lakers with one KG tied behind our back for God's sake!

Wait, last night's game got you to think the Celts are going to take 3 straight at home? Really?

walkunafraid nailed it ... everyone talked about the Celtics D but the Lakers D is showing me a lot more than I thought it would thus far. And it took Ray Ray to hit eight 3's and a monster game out of Rondo to win. (Really, how does Rondo lead everyone in rebounds, the guy is everywhere).

The refs were indeed spotty last night, but for both sides. And all that does is help the Celtics as their bench is better.

This series will at least go 6, if not, 7.

As well as the Celtics played on both offense and defense the game still came down to the last 3 minutes. What it showed me was how resilient the Lakers are, they are FAR from being a team like Cleveland who were heartless and just gave up. The refs ARE becoming an influence in this series, which i hope will end. So to say the Celtics will win the next 3 in Boston is a far stretch but certainly would be nice. This series is going to be close and down to the wire....wanting the C's in 7 with a jumper from RA to win it and go out with a bang. his contract ends this year.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

g under p wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:
    Looking like Celts in 5 after tonight's annihalation of LA. We beat the Lakers with one KG tied behind our back for God's sake!

Wait, last night's game got you to think the Celts are going to take 3 straight at home? Really?

walkunafraid nailed it ... everyone talked about the Celtics D but the Lakers D is showing me a lot more than I thought it would thus far. And it took Ray Ray to hit eight 3's and a monster game out of Rondo to win. (Really, how does Rondo lead everyone in rebounds, the guy is everywhere).

The refs were indeed spotty last night, but for both sides. And all that does is help the Celtics as their bench is better.

This series will at least go 6, if not, 7.

As well as the Celtics played on both offense and defense the game still came down to the last 3 minutes. What it showed me was how resilient the Lakers are, they are FAR from being a team like Cleveland who were heartless and just gave up. The refs ARE becoming an influence in this series, which i hope will end. So to say the Celtics will win the next 3 in Boston is a far stretch but certainly would be nice. This series is going to be close and down to the wire....wanting the C's in 7 with a jumper from RA to win it and go out with a bang. his contract ends this year.

Peace

I wonder if Ray Allen will re-sign, sign with another team, or retire. He's 34, but he's in great shape and condition.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • milarsomilarso Posts: 1,280
    dcfaithful wrote:

I wonder if Ray Allen will re-sign, sign with another team, or retire. He's 34, but he's in great shape and condition.

I see him playing for a year or two more. He might take a pay cut, but he still has a lot of market value for a team looking to make a run.
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
    dcfaithful wrote:
    g under p wrote:

Peace

It would seem he would want to end his career with the Celtics but for far less than the near 19 mil he currently receives. I would say 5-7 mil would be fare but that could change quickly if the C's win it all, what do you think?

m_96608313e6921779ba975517418a92b0.gif
    Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    is there even a point of having this series if the refs are seriously this bad?
    norm wrote:

We're all living under the reign of Stern...
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:
    norm wrote:

We're all living under the reign of Stern...

yeah but if stern wants the ratings, $$$ etc, wouldn't you tell the refs not to put kobe or kg in foul trouble?
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    norm wrote:

Again, this is why the NBA is so far down on my watch list.

When it comes to the NBA, I am admitted "playoffs only" kind of person. Even last night, I watched more of the hockey game than I did the first half of the C's game.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    jimed14 wrote:
    norm wrote:

When it comes to the NBA, I am admitted "playoffs only" kind of person. Even last night, I watched more of the hockey game than I did the first half of the C's game.

agreed...sad too because growing up basketball was my favorite...i have more enthusiasm for the world cup than i do the finals...and i am by no means a big soccer fan
    The refs were awful, but not even the refs could keep the Lakers from getting Rondo'd.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    jimed14 wrote:
    norm wrote:

Shhhhhh...I have to admit I did the same thing except I watched far LESS of the C's game. :shock:

Peace

Going into this series I felt the Lakers were the better team even though I'm picking the C's in 7. That said of the next 3 games I can see the Lakers having a better chance of winning those games about 20% chance. A more likely scenerio is the Celtics winning 2 of 3 which I think they must do in order to have a chance on winning this title.

The key I think to the series is Lamar Odom, if his head is in the clouds or on a realty series then C's will win their 18th. The Lakers are also very good on the road, but as good as Kobe is he can't pull this title run off by himself.

Peace

• loadedgunloadedgun Posts: 1,389
    Tonight is a very critical game for both teams. If C's win, they have the momentum and confidence to take the rest. If Kobe wins, I fear the C's will be scared and it will affect their game. GO C's!!
    Midwest. Indy/Lafayette.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    for the love of all that is sacred ... please no ticky tack fouls ... let them play!
    Anyone else excited for tonight?
  • walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,569
    Anyone else excited for tonight?

Hell yeah. HUGE game tonight. Just read on ESPN that in the 2-3-2 format, the team who has won game 3 after a 1-1 start has gone on to win the title every time (10-0).

Definitely think that this game will determine the winner of the series, although I would say the pressure is on the Celtics more than the Lakers.

My prediction for tonight: Kobe goes off for about 40 points, and the Lakers win 104-99.

Go Lakers!
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
    Just read on ESPN that in the 2-3-2 format, the team who has won game 3 after a 1-1 start has gone on to win the title every time (10-0).
    Saw that too. While I respect the history of series game 3s, I don't put too much stock in this. Jalen Rose says he thinks the Cs will win tonight, but lose the series in 7.
    Not that we should be listening to anything Jalen Rose has to say, but it is worth mentioning.
    Not that we should be listening to anything Jalen Rose has to say, but it is worth mentioning.

:lol::lol:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    for DCFaithful:
    10590.gif

:D
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,962
    Lizard wrote:
    for DCFaithful:
    10590.gif

I used to have that decal.............but with a different logo in the spray. :shock: ;)
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Lizard wrote:
    for DCFaithful:
    10590.gif

Forgive my quick, poor Photoshopping, but I couldn't resist breaking my stride of school work for this:

Sincerely for you, Lizard.

Kobe.jpg
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:

Kobe.jpg

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
    yet, somehow, he and ray lewis are media darlings. :roll:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Aero83_Aero83_ Posts: 933
    The lakers should do more passing off the backboard..street style
    Especially with Lamar driving, and Shannon trailing..
    ...10/31/09, 05/21/10, Peru, Los Angeles
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    dcfaithful wrote:

Kobe.jpg

was he standing on his knees
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

also known as kneeling. ;)

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Aero83_Aero83_ Posts: 933
    Swallow one wistle ...please, and gag on it
    Fuck em, Lakers are rolling either way...
    ...10/31/09, 05/21/10, Peru, Los Angeles
    81 wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

Kobe.jpg

imalive wrote:
    also known as kneeling. ;)

Bowin' down to the greatest franchise in basketball history. 8-)
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL