Celtic and Lakers anyone

Comments

• Aero83_Aero83_ Posts: 933
    Will the no-layup rule be in full effect???
    I think so...
    ...10/31/09, 05/21/10, Peru, Los Angeles
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    yeah, I know...my finals seat from last year in 103 increased by about $300 or 25 percent
    was considering throwing in my weenie roast tickets as well??

oh well, probably have to suck it up and pay cash for game five[/quote]

Problem is, what are the chances of finding someone who has Lakers tickets who would want to give them up for a PJ poster and Weenie Roast tickets? Not that those two things aren't valuable, but the number of people who collect PJ posters AND would want to to go Weenie Roast AND have Lakers tickets they are willing to part with is pretty microscopic...

It's crazy though, I still have my e-mail confirmation for Finals tickets for last year and here's what they cost me: http://twitpic.com/1oinz4/full.

That's for two tickets! You can't buy one ticket in even the cheapest of the cheap sections this year for that price. (And yes, I was pretty bummed when the game that the above tickets were for didn't end up happening...)

BTW, I'm assuming you mean game six, unless you plan on flying out to Boston. :D[/quote]

Someone hooked me up with tickets for game 2. I am tempted to trade them for MLB All-star tickets, but if the person who arranged the tickets found out, I don't think he'd be too happy!
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    Go_Lakers.gif
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

Someone hooked me up with tickets for game 2. I am tempted to trade them for MLB All-star tickets, but if the person who arranged the tickets found out, I don't think he'd be too happy!

all star baseball vs. nba finals :?:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Lakers....

Later tonight when Rondo is driving on the right side towards the rim and shows ball on that exaggerated and delayed behind the back pass to the wing on the left..Go ahead and just meet him high on the glass, that move is always a setup. ;)
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    81 wrote:
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

all star baseball vs. nba finals :?:

All Star baseball wins out for me!
  • Based on Game 1 refs are clearly anti-Celtic. Under orders from David Stern to hand series to Lakers. Pretty disgusting.
    I gather speed . . . Great Western Forum - Jul 13, 1998; Great Western Forum - Jul 14, 1998; Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre Irvine - Jun 02, 2003; Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre Irvine - Jun 03, 2003; Tweeter Center - Jul 11, 2003; Santa Barbara County Bowl - Oct 28, 2003; Gorge Amphitheatre - Sep 01, 2005; Pepsi Arena - May 12, 2006 Summerfest - Jun 29, 2006; The Forum - Jul 09, 2006; Aloha Stadium - Dec 09, 2006; Bonnaroo - Jun 14, 2008; Tweeter Center - Jun 28, 2008; Tweeter Center - Jun 30, 2008; United Center - Aug 23, 2009
    United Center - Aug 24, 2009; Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre Indiana -May 07, 2010; Madison Square Garden - May 20, 2010; Madison Square Garden - May 21, 2010
    EV Solo 2008: LA1, Boston 1, DC1
    EV Colo 2009: Nashville 1&2
    Dead Man Walking: The Concert: March 29, 1998
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Based on Game 1 refs are clearly anti-Celtic. Under orders from David Stern to hand series to Lakers. Pretty disgusting.
    A part of me agrees, definitely. But, Celtics had no rhythm, and frankly L.A. played strong basketball. Bring on Game 2.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    8-)
  • WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    That sucked. C's were totally flat.
    Wilds wrote:
    That sucked. C's were totally flat.

I know. :( What a flatulent start to the Finals that was.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • smg97791smg97791 Posts: 151
    Based on Game 1 refs are clearly anti-Celtic. Under orders from David Stern to hand series to Lakers. Pretty disgusting.

And so goes the ballad of the loser. Of course the Celtics losing has nothing to with going 1-10 from beyond the arc, or getting out-rebounded 42-31 or getting outscored 48-30 in paint. Where is that impenetrable Celtic interior defense? Face it Celtics fans, you guys got out-hustled and out-muscled in game one. Lets hope you guys put up a better showing in game two.

Oh yeah, the Celtics took 36 free throws vs 31 for the Lakers. Really, the refs were anti-Celtic?

Go Lakers!
  • walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,569
    5 hours till game time. Here's how I see it going tonight:

Lakers come out smokin', trying to send the Celts a message about how things are different this yea as opposed to '08. Lakers up double digits throughout most of the game, and Boston's D is surprisingly unable to contain the Lakers offense. Big game (30+ pts) for Kobe, and Odom is the unsung hero off the bench. Final score: Lakers 101, Celtics 82.

That's not being a Lakers homer, just how I expect things to turn tonight. That being said, I still expect a tough 6-7 game series, but for tonight it will look like a mismatch.

Well, I would say I got this pretty spot on:

a) Lakers came out strong and definitely sent a message about their toughness;
    b) Most of the second half was spent with LA up 10-15 points;
    c) Boston's vaunted D struggled all night, the Lakers got a lot of easy looks, and they put up a smooth 102;
    d) Kobe hits 30 exactly;
    e) Well...I was wrong about Odom.
    f) Lakers 102, Celtics 89.

Good crowd at Staples Center tonight, too.

Not sure how anybody would be able to call out the refs for being biased...they gave the Celtics more free throws than the Lakers and made some bad calls against L.A. to boot. I guess your vision is always blurry when you get your ass handed to you by a superior team...
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    norm wrote:
    8-)

8-) 1 AT A TIME NORM
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......

i thinked you missed the fact that boston took more free throws
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,705

Although the Celts were called for more fouls than the Lakers.

However the officiating was fairly equal, but way too tight. The first quarter was ridonkulous, 18 total fouls called. Basically they took Ray Allen and Lamar Odom out of the game.

Lakers took it to the Celts last night, time to see if the Celts can adjust for game 2.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Stone Is GodStone Is God Posts: 1,331

Doesn't matter if they took more free throws. An important player can pick up two quick fouls on one team while the other team doesn't go to the line. That creates more control over how the game is played than who shoots more free throws.

Is anyone really surprised at how Game 1 turned out after Phil Jackson open his yapper about the C's physical play. It's like clock work. When he opens his mouth the refs listen.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
    uh oh
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Based on Game 1 refs are clearly anti-Celtic. Under orders from David Stern to hand series to Lakers. Pretty disgusting.

Doesn't matter if they took more free throws. An important player can pick up two quick fouls on one team while the other team doesn't go to the line. That creates more control over how the game is played than who shoots more free throws.

Is anyone really surprised at how Game 1 turned out after Phil Jackson open his yapper about the C's physical play. It's like clock work. When he opens his mouth the refs listen.

You are exactly correct my intelligent and perceptive friend.
    I gather speed . . . Great Western Forum - Jul 13, 1998; Great Western Forum - Jul 14, 1998; Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre Irvine - Jun 02, 2003; Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre Irvine - Jun 03, 2003; Tweeter Center - Jul 11, 2003; Santa Barbara County Bowl - Oct 28, 2003; Gorge Amphitheatre - Sep 01, 2005; Pepsi Arena - May 12, 2006 Summerfest - Jun 29, 2006; The Forum - Jul 09, 2006; Aloha Stadium - Dec 09, 2006; Bonnaroo - Jun 14, 2008; Tweeter Center - Jun 28, 2008; Tweeter Center - Jun 30, 2008; United Center - Aug 23, 2009
    United Center - Aug 24, 2009; Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre Indiana -May 07, 2010; Madison Square Garden - May 20, 2010; Madison Square Garden - May 21, 2010
    EV Solo 2008: LA1, Boston 1, DC1
    EV Colo 2009: Nashville 1&2
    Dead Man Walking: The Concert: March 29, 1998
    already crying :roll:
    81 wrote:
    i see it a little different. i see each team having just miserable shooting nights from the field, the ft line and the 3pt line. final score 43-40 lakers

That would be the littlest score ever..would it even be possible to shoot such a weak percentage?
    It's funny, some people are already talking sweep around here..Or maybe that was just Michael Cooper.
    Aero83_ wrote:
    81 wrote:
    i see it a little different. i see each team having just miserable shooting nights from the field, the ft line and the 3pt line. final score 43-40 lakers

That would be the littlest score ever..would it even be possible to shoot such a weak percentage?

you missed the point....making predictions about scores is silly. they do it all the time, but come on.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    I'm done talking in this thread for a little while.

I got 21 generally drunk and angry texts at the concert last night and they were all basically the same...we look like crap.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925

I got 21 generally drunk and angry texts at the concert last night and they were all basically the same...we look like crap.

if you want a 22nd, pm your cell number over. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

I was so pissed because my three buddies and I have been watching every game together this postseason in the same spots...like childish superstition. So they were all basically blaming me for the loss. :lol:
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    81 wrote:

I was so pissed because my three buddies and I have been watching every game together this postseason in the same spots...like childish superstition. So they were all basically blaming me for the loss. :lol:

i have to agree with the buddies.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    :lol: You're a real funny guy, you know that?
    goodfellas.JPG
    81 wrote:
    goodfellas.JPG

Ya studderin' prick ya! :lol:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    81 wrote:
    goodfellas.JPG

so i've been told

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=134141
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg