Celtic and Lakers anyone

Comments

• g under pg under p Posts: 18,183
    It's ain't over till it's over. We are talking about the Lakers possibly playing two out in LA. Nothing is a given at this point in the season. I did see more weaknesses in the Lakers in this game. One man Kobe won't win this title for the Lakers, it's GOING to take a TEAM effort to win this title.
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    You know the Lakers are going to get every call in game 6 ... good ol' Stern will make sure of that, and that he gets a game 7.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    jimed14 wrote:
    You know the Lakers are going to get every call in game 6 ... good ol' Stern will make sure of that, and that he gets a game 7.

That game no doubt will be ugly for sure but if the Lakers intend for Kobe to win this championship by himself well even the refs won't help them win.

peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,962
    g under p wrote:

That game no doubt will be ugly for sure but if the Lakers intend for Kobe to win this championship by himself well even the refs won't help them win.

peace
    yeah, his supporting cast (the kobeaires?) was pretty putrid tonight. :D
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    Great game. Nice to see the refs take a step away from the spotlight.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    well that was a big bag of shit
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    Another nice win built on defense. It won't be easy taking one in LA.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076

I thought the same thing. All they need is one...we've gotta get #18.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
    dcfaithful wrote:

I thought the same thing. All they need is one...we've gotta get #18.
    Lakers will come out gunning in game 6 and the refs won't be giving the Cs any breaks, so we're left with basically a coin flip on Thursday night. Although it was a bloodbath 2 years ago in game 6 in LA, so you never know.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,659
    it's over
    i guarantee a win on tuesday
    rondo is sick

1 vote to change this fan clubs name to nineclub (for rondo)
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    ed243421 wrote:

:thumbup:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • I used to be a big NBA guy, but this league is unwatchable nowadays. The constant whining, flopping, and borderline crooked officiating is a travesty.

I've tried really hard to watch this series (its the Lakers vs Celtics, come on!), but its a joke. Me being a Pistons fan (yes I know they suck right now), I naturally hate both of these teams so I really dont have a rooting interest. I just want to see good basketball. And that is not what the NBA is.

I mean seriously, Paul Pierce belongs in the WNBA how he acts. And Big Baby? Yeah great, I want to see a grown man drooling all over the court like he did the other night. The lakers arent any better. If Kobe (or any star) drove the lane and didnt cry for a foul if one wasnt called, it would be a miracle.

Sorry, I just hate what this league that I used to love has turned in to. And no Im not talking about 2004 when the Pistons won it. It sucked then too.

End rant.
    There's a trapdoor in the sun.
  • walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,569
    ed243421 wrote:
    it's over
    rondo is sick

I'd be willing to throw a couple hundred down on the Lakers in game 6 if you're man enough to back up your words.

What do you say?
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
    ed243421 wrote:
    it's over
    rondo is sick

I'd be willing to throw a couple hundred down on the Lakers in game 6 if you're man enough to back up your words.

What do you say?

if i had it i would
    easy money
    lakers will fold like a chair
    this one will be for braggin rights
    what a pussy team kobe has to play with
    did you see game 5?
    game 6 in '08?
    it's over
    good luck with the dodgers
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,569
    ed243421 wrote:
    ed243421 wrote:
    it's over
    rondo is sick

What do you say?

if i had it i would
    easy money
    lakers will fold like a chair
    this one will be for braggin rights
    what a pussy team kobe has to play with
    did you see game 5?
    game 6 in '08?
    it's over
    good luck with the dodgers

If you're so confident, you don't need to have it.

You're right, Kobe's teammates need to step up. Gasol and Odom especially, and I would say Artest, but I've pretty much lost all faith in him to do anything offensively.

But this isn't the Lakers of '08, and game 5 was pretty much what it was supposed to be -- a tough, close game, with the home team having the advantage. I would say the Celtics came closer to unfolding at the end than did the Lakers (it was really the third quarter that was their downfall, but they showed how much they AREN'T like '08 by coming back within 5 in the 4th. They would have lost by 20 if this was '08.)

I think Phil said it best: this is pretty much what was supposed to happen...Lakers having home court for games 6 and 7 with a chance to close it up at Staples. Although neither team held court, each losing once at home, it boils down to the same thing going into game 6.

I guarantee the Lakers will win; look for them to go up early in game 6 and win by 10+ before wrapping it up in game 7.
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    so we have one celtic guarantee and one laker guarantee.

i guarantee one of you will be wrong. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    I used to be a big NBA guy, but this league is unwatchable nowadays. The constant whining, flopping, and borderline crooked officiating is a travesty.

I've tried really hard to watch this series (its the Lakers vs Celtics, come on!), but its a joke. Me being a Pistons fan (yes I know they suck right now), I naturally hate both of these teams so I really dont have a rooting interest. I just want to see good basketball. And that is not what the NBA is.

I mean seriously, Paul Pierce belongs in the WNBA how he acts. And Big Baby? Yeah great, I want to see a grown man drooling all over the court like he did the other night. The lakers arent any better. If Kobe (or any star) drove the lane and didnt cry for a foul if one wasnt called, it would be a miracle.

Sorry, I just hate what this league that I used to love has turned in to. And no Im not talking about 2004 when the Pistons won it. It sucked then too.

End rant.

i agree with a lot of this.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    Lakers in 6! And I don't mean they will win game 6. I mean they will claim the series in game 6. After losing by 73 points, the Celtics will agree to not even bother with a game 7.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
    eyedclaar wrote:
    Lakers in 6! And I don't mean they will win game 6. I mean they will claim the series in game 6. After losing by 73 points, the Celtics will agree to not even bother with a game 7.

The Lakers have the Celtics just where they want them.

peace

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    its 3-2 now for celtics,right?when is the next match?
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    3-2 Celtics. One more win and the Celtics have it. Next game is tomorrow at 9PM Boston time.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    3-2 Celtics. One more win and the Celtics have it. Next game is tomorrow at 9PM Boston time.
    yep, i know about 4 winning games,is in boston home,right?i guess is 3 am here,ill watch it.. :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    Sadly I think the Lakers take game six. If it was 3-2 Lakers then I would guarantee the Celtics take it.

The only way the league doesn't make this go seven, is if the Celtics dominate at such a level (a la 2008) that they can't stop it.

Then game seven is a tossup. I'll also predict that some technicals are thrown around and 1 or more of our big guys miss game 7 (and whatever portion of game six they are kicked out of).
    Wilds wrote:
    Sadly I think the Lakers take game six. If it was 3-2 Lakers then I would guarantee the Celtics take it.

The only way the league doesn't make this go seven, is if the Celtics dominate at such a level (a la 2008) that they can't stop it.

Then game seven is a tossup. I'll also predict that some technicals are thrown around and 1 or more of our big guys miss game 7 (and whatever portion of game six they are kicked out of).

I picked the Celtics in 7, a game 7 I'll have a tough time watching for sure. That said I'll find it incredible if the Lakers lose game 6, they would literally have to not show up to lose that game cause this thing is going 7 for sure. BTW quite surprised the Celtics are in this position to take this title, they need to win, it maybe the last one for quite some time.

peace

g under p wrote:
    Wilds wrote:

I picked the Celtics in 7, a game 7 I'll have a tough time watching for sure. That said I'll find it incredible if the Lakers lose game 6, they would literally have to not show up to lose that game cause this thing is going 7 for sure. BTW quite surprised the Celtics are in this position to take this title, they need to win, it maybe the last one for quite some time.

rondo will win more rings than russell

peace
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• bigbadbillbigbadbill Posts: 1,758
    Lakers in 1988 won in game 7 against Detroit after being down 3-2. In 2000, the Lakers beat Portland in game 7 after being down 15 points in the 4th quarter. (Of course, the Lakers did have a 3 games to 1 lead in that series before Portland won two straight and almost game 7. Just think, Portland Vs. Indiana in the 2000 NBA Finals - boring!!) In 2002, the Lakers were down 3-2 against Sacramento, and beat them in OT of game 7 up in Sacramento. It can be done, Lakers fans, it can be done.
    11/6/95, 11/18/97, 7/13/98, 7/14/98, 10/24/00, 10/25/00, 10/28/00, 6/2/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 7/6/06, 7/7/06, 7/9/06, 7/10/06, 7/13/06, 7/15/06, 7/16/06, 7/18/06, 10/21/06, 4/10/08, 4/13/08, 9/30/09, 10/1/09, 10/6/09, 10/7/09, 10/9/09
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    bigbadbill wrote:
    Lakers in 1988 won in game 7 against Detroit after being down 3-2. In 2000, the Lakers beat Portland in game 7 after being down 15 points in the 4th quarter. (Of course, the Lakers did have a 3 games to 1 lead in that series before Portland won two straight and almost game 7. Just think, Portland Vs. Indiana in the 2000 NBA Finals - boring!!) In 2002, the Lakers were down 3-2 against Sacramento, and beat them in OT of game 7 up in Sacramento. It can be done, Lakers fans, it can be done.

And how many current Lakers were a part of these great wins in Laker history?

So here were two stats I've seen in the last week.

Phil Jackson has a 47 - 0 series record after winning game one in a playoff series.

The Celtics are 11 - 0 all time when leading 3 - 2 in the NBA finals.

Something's got to give ... and all these historical look back stats don't mean shit when you're talking about the CURRENT teams on the floor.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    Shall I try this again, Lakers win game 6 tonight !!!

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,962
    hoping for another no show from kobe's supporting cast.....especially from gasol aka ugliest dude on the planet.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    9 hours till tipoff. Oh man, I can't wait to hear the braintrust of Stu Scott, Wilbon, Barry and Magic during the pre-game. Does anybody in America take Stu Scott seriously anymore? They guy is a freakin cartoon character at this point.