Celtic and Lakers anyone

Comments

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    81 wrote:
    I'm done talking in this thread for a little while.

I got 21 generally drunk and angry texts at the concert last night and they were all basically the same...we look like crap.

if you want a 22nd, pm your cell number over. :lol:
    I was so pissed because my three buddies and I have been watching every game together this postseason in the same spots...like childish superstition. So they were all basically blaming me for the loss. :lol:

please go to a show on sunday, tuesday, etc

thanks! ;) :wave:
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    I'm going to the game on Sunday. I have the ability to curse a team, so for the low price of $500, I will curse either team!
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    norm wrote:

Don't listen to him. He's pulling those L.A. mind tricks on you.

Not to be confused with Jedi mind tricks (which are awesome)... :ugeek: :oops:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    norm wrote:

Hmm, the Black Crowes are playing on Hampton Beach Sunday night...wait, I see what you're trying to pull. I'm not falling for that!
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    norm wrote:

Hmm, the Black Crowes are playing on Hampton Beach Sunday night...wait, I see what you're trying to pull. I'm not falling for that!

Oh God...Why does it have to be The Crowes??!! :cry:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    norm wrote:

i've heard they're really good in concert...once in a lifetime opportunity...you really shouldn't pass it up :thumbup:
    norm wrote:
    norm wrote:

i've heard they're really good in concert...once in a lifetime opportunity...you really shouldn't pass it up :thumbup:

Damn you norm... 8-)

He speaks the truth though....The Crowes are incredible live...
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:

and you never know...this could be the last time you might be able to see them...chris can go all nutty again :think:
    norm wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

and you never know...this could be the last time you might be able to see them...chris can go all nutty again :think:

I know right? He needs to keep up a regular weed habit to stay well....norm. 8-)
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    Hey Fenway, I just thought of a solution...

Skip the Crowes show this weekend, and just come to two of the December Fillmore shows with me and the lady and we'll celebrate the Celtics 2010 title with a bunch of brews and awesome Black Crowes.

Best thing I've thought of all day, I say.

:thumbup:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:
    I know right? He needs to keep up a regular weed habit to stay well....norm. 8-)

;)

smiley-cool10.gif
    dcfaithful wrote:

Skip the Crowes show this weekend, and just come to two of the December Fillmore shows with me and the lady and we'll celebrate the Celtics 2010 title with a bunch of brews and awesome Black Crowes.

Fillmore? San Francisco? Count me in! Thanks dude.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    norm wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

;)

smiley-cool10.gif

Looks like me in T-minus 2 hours. 8-)
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:

Fillmore? San Francisco? Count me in! Thanks dude.

Do it dude, it's sure to be a totally groovin' time. :mrgreen:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    dcfaithful wrote:
    norm wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

;)

smiley-cool10.gif

Looks like me in T-minus 2 hours. 8-)

looks like me right now 8-)
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......

looks like me right now 8-)

Lucky you. :mrgreen:8-)
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    :D
  • PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    yess2rg.gif

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,183
    arg-dancing-celtics-on-black-url.gif in a must win situation now complete...1-1

Better defense with more intensity.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Looking like Celts in 5 after tonight's annihalation of LA. We beat the Lakers with one KG tied behind our back for God's sake!
    I gather speed . . . Great Western Forum - Jul 13, 1998; Great Western Forum - Jul 14, 1998; Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre Irvine - Jun 02, 2003; Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre Irvine - Jun 03, 2003; Tweeter Center - Jul 11, 2003; Santa Barbara County Bowl - Oct 28, 2003; Gorge Amphitheatre - Sep 01, 2005; Pepsi Arena - May 12, 2006 Summerfest - Jun 29, 2006; The Forum - Jul 09, 2006; Aloha Stadium - Dec 09, 2006; Bonnaroo - Jun 14, 2008; Tweeter Center - Jun 28, 2008; Tweeter Center - Jun 30, 2008; United Center - Aug 23, 2009
    United Center - Aug 24, 2009; Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre Indiana -May 07, 2010; Madison Square Garden - May 20, 2010; Madison Square Garden - May 21, 2010
    EV Solo 2008: LA1, Boston 1, DC1
    EV Colo 2009: Nashville 1&2
    Dead Man Walking: The Concert: March 29, 1998
  • WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    That is better. Nice to see us win with KG and Pierce (offensively) no shows.

Allen was sick in the 1st half. And Rondo quietly dominated.
  • walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,569
    Ladies and gentlemen, we have a series.

I'm disappointed in the Lakers' loss tonight, but not discouraged. Can't really do much to stop Allen when he is shooting like he was tonight, but he can't be that hot the rest of the series. It was nice to see Bynum play well, and Pau had another big game. Our interior defense was terrific (14 blocks!), although they should have done a much better job of blocking out rebounders. On the negative side, Artest reverted back to his pre-Phoenix form; we need him to do much better than 1-6 offensively in the future. Also, Odom did nothing again, and he was supposed to be a huge key for us in the Finals.

I thought the key tonight was Kobe's foul trouble. Not only did it have him on the bench for some very important stretches in the 3rd/4th, but it also severely limited him defensively. He had to give up some easy baskets in order to stop himself from committing his 6th foul. It's little things like that that turn the course of a game in the other team's direction, and I think that definitely took place tonight. Again, can't count on that happening again in the series, though (not that he was the only person in foul trouble, just the most significant).

On a side note, has there ever been a more poorly officiated Finals game? I mean on both sides. I'm sure Celtics fans will have a lot of poor calls to point out, but two of the fouls on Kobe were plain wrong, and the crucial out-of-bounds play where the ball clearly went off Garnett's fingertips was unexcusable. There were many others throughout the game that were questionable or clearly poor calls.
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    purebball-2.jpg

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad

• On a side note, has there ever been a more poorly officiated Finals game?

Yes. Game 4 1987. When the refs sent to the Lakers to the line something like 30 times in the fourth quarter and the Celts like once. Clearly corrupt pro-L.A. reffing, like what we are seeing now.
    I gather speed . . . Great Western Forum - Jul 13, 1998; Great Western Forum - Jul 14, 1998; Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre Irvine - Jun 02, 2003; Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre Irvine - Jun 03, 2003; Tweeter Center - Jul 11, 2003; Santa Barbara County Bowl - Oct 28, 2003; Gorge Amphitheatre - Sep 01, 2005; Pepsi Arena - May 12, 2006 Summerfest - Jun 29, 2006; The Forum - Jul 09, 2006; Aloha Stadium - Dec 09, 2006; Bonnaroo - Jun 14, 2008; Tweeter Center - Jun 28, 2008; Tweeter Center - Jun 30, 2008; United Center - Aug 23, 2009
    United Center - Aug 24, 2009; Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre Indiana -May 07, 2010; Madison Square Garden - May 20, 2010; Madison Square Garden - May 21, 2010
    EV Solo 2008: LA1, Boston 1, DC1
    EV Colo 2009: Nashville 1&2
    Dead Man Walking: The Concert: March 29, 1998
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    hopefully the lakers can win another championship while i'm in the sunshine state

kcuf the celtics
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Looking like Celts in 5 after tonight's annihalation of LA. We beat the Lakers with one KG tied behind our back for God's sake!

Wait, last night's game got you to think the Celts are going to take 3 straight at home? Really?

walkunafraid nailed it ... everyone talked about the Celtics D but the Lakers D is showing me a lot more than I thought it would thus far. And it took Ray Ray to hit eight 3's and a monster game out of Rondo to win. (Really, how does Rondo lead everyone in rebounds, the guy is everywhere).

The refs were indeed spotty last night, but for both sides. And all that does is help the Celtics as their bench is better.

This series will at least go 6, if not, 7.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • milarsomilarso Posts: 1,280
    Looking like Celts in 5 after tonight's annihalation of LA. We beat the Lakers with one KG tied behind our back for God's sake!

Yeah, all Boston needs to do is get 30+ from Ray Allen, get a triple-double from Rondo and make sure Kobe only plays three quarters a game for the next three and it should be a cake walk to the title... :roll:
    I don't even care who wins, but calling a game where Boston choked away a double-digit lead in the first half (and a game that was tied late in the fourth quarter) an "annihilation" is ridiculous.
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
    On a side note, has there ever been a more poorly officiated Finals game? I mean on both sides. I'm sure Celtics fans will have a lot of poor calls to point out, but two of the fouls on Kobe were plain wrong, and the crucial out-of-bounds play where the ball clearly went off Garnett's fingertips was unexcusable. There were many others throughout the game that were questionable or clearly poor calls.
    Couldn't agree more. A lot of the fouls both ways were just absurd. There were a few called on Kobe in which nobody even touched him and he drew the foul. There were also times where Perk and Baby were raped under the basket and no foul was called. Just a horribly officiated game.

I thought the key to the whole game was the fact the Lakers only had one FG (the kick-back 3 by Kobe late) in the last 5 minutes. The Defense showed up in those last 5 minutes and wore the Lakers down.

Bring it on baby! Tomorrow night! I'm still saying Cs in 6.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    game came down to the fact lakers bench was horrible ... kobe has to play 40 mins a game at this stage - heck, he needed to do that to get by phoenix ... the officiating is horrible ... been like that for a while ...