Celtic and Lakers anyone

Comments

• g under pg under p Posts: 18,183
    This is a BRUTAL game to watch....defense from both sides RULEZ
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    Am I the only one that thinks that this is a great game to watch? I mean 56-56 with 3:00 left in the third? What more can you ask for? Oh I know, a Celtics win. Be patient, these things take time.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
    Why is Glen Davis acting like a clown? :D Love his energy though.
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

Going down to the wire like I predicted, this one is close even if the C's are up 8.

• jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    g under p wrote:
    Why is Glen Davis acting like a clown? :D Love his energy though.

1qsga3
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    jimed14 wrote:
    1qsga3
    :lol:
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    walkafraid wrote:

Of course I'm hoping for a Boston win, but most of all, I hope the officiating is perfect tonight so I can stop hearing all the Lakers fan whine about how the refs are costing them games.

If there's one thing this series has shown me so far, it's that Laker fans are a bunch of sore losers.

If you don't realize this is the same for both fan bases (or all fan bases in general) then :arrow: :lol:
  • Aero83_Aero83_ Posts: 933
    jimed14 wrote:
    1qsga3
    :lol:

weak...wheres the drool shot?
    guess were coming back to LA after all...still looking for that off the glass pass btw..
    ...10/31/09, 05/21/10, Peru, Los Angeles
  • walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,569
    Well shit. I thought the Lakers had this one.

Eh, at least I managed to score game six tickets. When the Lakers win on Sunday, I'll have a chance to see them take the title on Tuesday.

Is it just me or have the Lakers been by far the better team in the series so far? It's hard for me to believe that they're only tied 2-2...
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
    The Celtics have looked unstoppable at times but more recently like a ferrari daytona with a bad timing issue..all pistons are not in sync..

You could say the same about the Lakers...but what I would take away from this series is that Kobe is displaying amazing range and can dial in a target more than any other shooter I've ever seen..too bad that's not enough..

fun to watch tho
  • loadedgunloadedgun Posts: 1,389
    Every time Tony Allen got the ball last night I cringed. Once he put it on the floor, I started yelling. You just knew it was gonna bounce off his foot or something. And he jacked up that 3 for no apparent reason. Great on D though. He's just too Offensive lacking for me to take him seriously.
    Midwest. Indy/Lafayette.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,706
    loadedgun wrote:
    Every time Tony Allen got the ball last night I cringed. Once he put it on the floor, I started yelling. You just knew it was gonna bounce off his foot or something. And he jacked up that 3 for no apparent reason. Great on D though. He's just too Offensive lacking for me to take him seriously.
    Kobe is shooting 20% when guarded by Tony Allen, so we can live with a brick 3 here and there.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,706

Is it just me or have the Lakers been by far the better team in the series so far? It's hard for me to believe that they're only tied 2-2...
    Its just you. The teams are fairly even. Both have had spurts playing well, and both have played poorly for stretches.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Stone Is GodStone Is God Posts: 1,331
    Celtics win Game 5. Lakers win Game 6. There is no chance David Stern lets a Celtics-Lakers Game 7 get away. Way too much money involved.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    Well shit. I thought the Lakers had this one.

Eh, at least I managed to score game six tickets. When the Lakers win on Sunday, I'll have a chance to see them take the title on Tuesday.

i wouldn't say so ... it's been fairly even ... the only reason LA won game 3 was because pierce and allen were bricking shot after shot ...

and really outside of kobe - LA has not been able to match boston's intensity ... to see big baby just want it more than the supposedly bigger LA frontline is very telling ...

i would say game 7 is inevitable ... and each of the remaining games will be decided in the last 2 minutes ...
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    SB-Pierce-Rondo-R_jpg_445x1000_upscale_q85.jpg

:lol::lol:
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    norm wrote:

Even I have to laugh at that, hahahahaha! :lol:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    dcfaithful wrote:
    norm wrote:

I wonder if they melted-down a Gumby doll to make such a stretchy band!
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    dcfaithful wrote:
    norm wrote:

much better than your beat LA avatar :mrgreen:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    81 wrote:
    much better than your beat LA avatar :mrgreen:

I'm glad you dislike it. :D
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    Game 5 anyone?
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Game 5 anyone?

for long as this series has been going, you'd think it'd be like game 12 by now.

to the nba

:roll:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    wonder how many times we'll hear 'pivotal' game 5? really, pivotal? aren't all the games pivotal? :roll:

GO LAKERS!! :mrgreen:
    You mean play basketball?

hope sheed doesnt lose his mind with the success of the Lakers..the series wouldn't be the same without him.
    Anyone care to predict a final score?
    norm wrote:
    wonder how many times we'll hear 'pivotal' game 5? really, pivotal? aren't all the games pivotal? :roll:

GO LAKERS!! :mrgreen:

This one could be pivotal in that I think the winner of this game will go on to win the championship. That's pivotal to me.

peace

The first team to win two in a row wins the series?!?
    Yeah, it's as pivotal a game as I can remember. I'm looking for everyone to elevate their game tonight unless maybe you're a boston bench player, those guys brought it last game.

Guess I'll head on down to get a seat for the game, you know where I'll be..
    hey ron! stop trying to shoot your way out of shooting slump :roll:
    The pivotal game of the series and I believe a must game for the Celtics because they won't win 2 in LA. That said the winner of this game will win the championship.

Down to the wire for the final home game for the Celtics

• jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    C's only need to win 1 out of 2 in LA ... I think they can almost taste it ...

1qsga3
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez