Celtic and Lakers anyone

Comments

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,962
    jimed14 wrote:

If the Celtics win tonight and Kobe pours in 30+, could he be voted the MVP in a losing cause? I think so.
    it's happened before....man, I loved hac-man tweaking la russa with "one flap down"! :mrgreen:

Card35.jpg
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,659

these are lakers scores games 1 thru 5

celtics play defense

they got the lakers figured out
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

ed243421 wrote:

celtics play defense

high 70s tonight? :D

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,569
    This is getting ridiculous.

If/when the Lakers win tonight -- as they are expected/favored to do -- the whole tide of this series automatically switches over to talking about the Celtics playing scared, the Lakers figuring out the Celtics, etc.

Game 7 on our home court? I like our odds. This might as well be game 7 for the Celtics.
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,183
    ed243421 wrote:

celtics play defense

Being on the road if the C's can hold the Laker's under 90 the C's will have a great chance of winning. A good point to watch for tonight also a skuttlebutt is that Ron Artest has the flu. Something must be wrong cause he's played like a smelly dung heap.

peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    What the public and the media were saying ...

after Game 1 ... the Celtics are done.
    after Game 2 ... the Lakers are done.
    after Game 3 ... the Celtics are done.
    after Game 4 ... the Lakers are done.

So, essentially ... no one knows what the fuck they are talking about.

Let's let the games be played out becuase, y'all don't know shit.

;)
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,706
    jimed14 wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:
    everyone else is playing scared ... wonder if kobe has put too much pressure on these guys ... and you know when kobe takes 27 shots he's lost confidence in everyone ...

Here's a question ... if .... IF ... huge if .......

If the Celtics win tonight and Kobe pours in 30+, could he be voted the MVP in a losing cause? I think so.
    I doubt it. His game 5 scoring streak was out of this world, but he hasn't really been lights out in any of the first 4 games, took him 29 shots to get 29 points in game 3. He certainly wins in a landslide if the Lakers come back and win, but I think the MVP is there for the taking tonight for Pierce, Rondo and possibly Garnett...any of them have a dominating game in the clincher, they get MVP.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    Poncier wrote:
    I doubt it. His game 5 scoring streak was out of this world, but he hasn't really been lights out in any of the first 4 games, took him 29 shots to get 29 points in game 3. He certainly wins in a landslide if the Lakers come back and win, but I think the MVP is there for the taking tonight for Pierce, Rondo and possibly Garnett...any of them have a dominating game in the clincher, they get MVP.

if C's win ... it's Rondo hands down ...
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,706
    polaris_x wrote:
    Poncier wrote:

if C's win ... it's Rondo hands down ...
    If Pierce drops 30 and Rondo plays like he did in game 3, Pierce will win.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • mfc2006mfc2006 Posts: 37,412
    i'm thinking that the Celtics will close this thing out in game 6. in overtime. by 2 points. 8-)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Ernie VedderErnie Vedder Posts: 2,247
    Go Lakers! We gotta win tonight!
    A54CDC74-AB63-4EC8-9B55-3658DDD136FC-13112-000005CA4B5AFE40_zps094ecfbc.jpg
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    cmon guys fuck these green cry babies
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......

I continue to enjoy your brilliant commentary. :mrgreen:Now Let's Go Celtic's even though I'm not so confident about tonight. ;)

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa21 ... G00117.jpg

peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    g under p wrote:

I continue to enjoy your brilliant commentary. :mrgreen:Now Let's Go Celtic's even though I'm not so confident about tonight. ;)

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa21 ... G00117.jpg

peace

is that you? handsome :mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Aero83_Aero83_ Posts: 933
    I cant believe vegas was giving the celtics 7 points after the way they dominated the paint last game..this is going to be good.

geddy lee?
    ...10/31/09, 05/21/10, Peru, Los Angeles
    This might as well be game 7 for the Celtics.
    it is.
    g under p wrote:
    :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:
    i like rush, too, but geddy needs to update that look.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    This might as well be game 7 for the Celtics.
    it is.
    g under p wrote:
    :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:
    i like rush, too, but geddy needs to update that look.

What look?

g under p wrote:

What look?

I guess maybe it could be worse:

geddy-lee1.jpg

:shock: :lol::lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    imalive wrote:
    g under p wrote:

What look?

I guess maybe it could be worse:

geddy-lee1.jpg

:shock: :lol::lol:

orgazmo3.jpg

"Geddy Lee, best bass player ever!!!"
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
    Aero83_ wrote:
    I cant believe vegas was giving the celtics 7 points after the way they dominated the paint last game..

That's because both Vegas and the betting public know the fix is in ... Stern made the call to the referee posse, "I want a game 7, make it so."

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    jimed14 wrote:
    Stern made the call to the referee posse, "I want a game 7, make it so."

kornheiser calls him The Angel Stern :lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Say are Laker fans as nervous as I am cause i'm sweating bullets and onslaught hasn't started? :o

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    i don't get christina aguilera...voice isn't anything great and i don't find her particularly attractive :problem:

that being said...GO LAKERS!! :mrgreen:
  • WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    edited June 2010
    "It's in the bag" - Stern :x

"Let's go green" - Wilds :mrgreen:
    Post edited by Wilds on
    jimed14 wrote:
    Aero83_ wrote:
    I cant believe vegas was giving the celtics 7 points after the way they dominated the paint last game..

That's because both Vegas and the betting public know the fix is in ... Stern made the call to the referee posse, "I want a game 7, make it so."

I couldn't help thinking the same thing, thought I was just being paranoid tho...lmao
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    g under p wrote:
    Say are Laker fans as nervous as I am cause i'm sweating bullets and onslaught hasn't started? :o

not really...i mean, i love the lakers...born and raised...but basketball today just isn't really interesting to me...but i still watch and go to games and get into the playoffs but at about this time say 20 years ago, well, you wouldn't wanna be around me :oops: :P :lol:
    Free tip for the Lakers, quickly..

You cant playoff Rondo ten feet at the top of the key, bad idea. Someone will eventually set a solid screen and someone else always gets a clean look if not a layup. Thats like not pass rushing Tom Brady..kinda
    Damn Kobe can score just about any time he wants to.

Oh crap!

I think Perkins' series is over.