New Jersey - Jun 01, 2006
    Philly - Oct 28, 2009
    Philly - Oct 31, 2009
    New Jersey - May 18, 2010
    NYC - May 21, 2010
    Brooklyn - October 18, 2013
    Brooklyn - October 19, 2013
    Hartford - October 25, 2013
  • My wife and I are still on a high from Friday night's show! It was all we'd hope it'd be and so much more!! I'd say this is the best I've ever seen the boys play - can't wait for the boot!

The opening just blew the roof off the dump, as Letterman would say! Corduroy, Hail Hail, Do The Evolution, Worldwide Suicide, Got Some, and Breath?!?!? That's incredible, and the band's energy level never seemed to waver. I have a soft spot for shows that start with a bang no band is better at it than Pearl Jam. I have to say, Present Tense leading right into Not For You was a huge dream come true for me!!!!

Thanks PJ, for a great night, and thanks to all the really nice 10 Club people I talked with!!! Someone earlier on here said it was a real love fest b/w band and fans last night - that is so true. It was just awesome to see so many people - the band & fans - so happy all night!
  • CW184318CW184318 Posts: 4
    I stayed at the wyndham 2 blocks from msg--went to the pre-party. Been following this band since the beginning, been in the club etc and this is my first post. WOW---thanks everyone--what a great day--went to the pre-party for the first time
    WOW--great, great people--- I am not a big internet, computer etc person so pardon my lack of computer etiquette etc---I am at a lack of words due to the fact that I have been going to shows, following this forum, buying stuff etc--AND I HAVE NOW BOUGHT IN---I really met some cool people from all over the world--it is absolutely a great world we live in when we have something in common --i am glad to say NO i am proud to say thank you to the true pearl jam fans out there who know this band--you are fantastic people---to the woman in the elephant pj shirt from pittsburgh talking about the ramones and iggy pop in nyc style--awesome--keep up the good work---TEN CLUB FANS---good people ---don't get down about the negativity some times on this board---continue to be who you are--thank you--peace
  • belfast1belfast1 Posts: 788
    you lucky lucky people!

sounds like a great show!!
    dublin 1996 london 2000 dublin 2006 prague 2006 copenhagen 2007 london 2007 rotterdam 2009 london 2009 dublin 2010 belfast 2010 vienna 2014 amsterdam 2014 london 2018
  • LUKIN II was AMAZING
    "no more crowbars to my head"
  • CW184318CW184318 Posts: 4
    Another little tidbit of info which was interesting/funny---was standing outside "borders" at the msg entrance around 3 pm Friday-- a guy walked by in a canadiens jersey and 4 or 5 people started to oley oley oley---I stood there in silence winking at a guy about 50 feet away who was from philly----silence is GOLDEN
  • Dragn57Dragn57 Posts: 1
    wow what a show!! Been to close to 20 shows and have to say that this show took #1. as everyone has said the show just seemed special. There was something in the air. I even turned to my friends and said I wouldnt have been shocked if Eddie said it was their last show ever, it was just that kind of performance if that makes any sense.
    Was in section 60 on Mike's side. Great performance and great fans all around me!!!
  • Dragn57 wrote:
    wow what a show!! Been to close to 20 shows and have to say that this show took #1. as everyone has said the show just seemed special. There was something in the air. I even turned to my friends and said I wouldnt have been shocked if Eddie said it was their last show ever, it was just that kind of performance if that makes any sense.
    Was in section 60 on Mike's side. Great performance and great fans all around me!!!

I can't believe you said this, because I thought the same thing. They played as if it was their last show together. EV seemed so emotional, so...I can't explain it. I just hope everyone is ok...
    Last night was a gift, and I feel honored to have witnessed it, whatever the reason.
    I can not stop thinking about this show. I keep checking you tube to see if anything new is up. When Night into Real Me got posted I watched it for an hour. Thanks Pearl Jam. You boys rock! Definately one of my top 5 concerts of all time, and I've seen almost everyone.
  • UpstateTokUpstateTok Posts: 10
    10:30 pm...Still cant stop talking about that show last night.I get chills thinking about it.It was something special and I am so glaad to have been a part of it all.The people in my section were all great,and man were we up there.section c 422.I went to two shows.Hartford and MSG 2 and had the time of my life.I no one of you posted this earlier,but it is so true how great it is to be apart of something where everyone for a short time is all on the same page.all united.the energy put out from that is just amazing.
    I cant wait to see them again.
  • This was the best show ever.....at least until the next one :)
  • 1vs51vs5 Posts: 289
    Does anyone remember Ed's rants from last night?
    The first one was early in the show where he asked the band if they went to college/smoke weed.
    And then the 2nd was about Az.
  • 1vs5 wrote:
    The first one was early in the show where he asked the band if they went to college/smoke weed.
    Yes, he went through the whole band who went to college who didn't ...then he did the bit about his first time in nyc when he looked in the window and saw his reflection w/ nyc behind him,,,goosebumps... I love when they talk to us and pour out their hearts, and tell us what it's like... especially the beginings!
  • 1vs5 wrote:
    Yes, he went through the whole band who went to college who didn't ...then he did the bit about his first time in nyc when he looked in the window and saw his reflection w/ nyc behind him,,,goosebumps... I love when they talk to us and pour out their hearts, and tell us what it's like... especially the beginings!

(I hate to quote myself but I forgot to add)the AZ part was right before they played the fixer...
    I normally don't like when musicians rant on me but I'll give him the pass last night...it worked...
  • schappschapp Posts: 160
    1vs5 wrote:

If I remember it properly:

1. He talked about his first time in NYC, and how excited he was about being in here because NYC was the "thing"... and that once he saw himself in the reflection of a window with NYC behind him, he realized that him being here was the real thing.
    Then he talked about going to college, and how school was not for him; he said he was not smart, but became smarter by talking to smart people, and actually listen to them instead of talking. Then he said: pay attention to your parents, don't smoke pot, and go to college, otherwise you would end up like a politician... I believe.

2. He mentioned we were blessed in NY because we didn't have a law like the new one in Arizona (about banning ethnic studies from schools down there). And asked NY not to let that happen in here.

At least, that's what I remember :D
  • HA196717HA196717 Posts: 13
    Definitely one of the best shows ever. Kicked ass with Corduroy and didn't let up. So many amazing moments, but if i had to pick a favorite it would be Better Man ovation. It was overflowing with love for the band and all they've given us over the years. I just wish i could have felt the ground shake, but up on the fourth tier, you're removed from that. Awesome anyway.
  • lostdawglostdawg Posts: 109
    Ok wrote:
    Can one of you Mike fans help me out - what was he doing where he crossed his hands and was adjusting the turn of his guitar (like making an X with his hands...) I beleive at the end of Black?? Anybody know what I'm talking about? Never heard a guitar make a sound like that.
    If I remember correctly what he was doing was picking the strings above the nut...yeah it does have a unique sound. Wont work on a guitar with a locking nut...BTW, I don't think I can add anything to the fanviews, just a special, magical, evening with my favorite band and 20,000 of my closest friends.Awesome.
  • lostdawglostdawg Posts: 109
    My 30th show and first at Madison Square Garden.
    I loved the building and the show.
    Was one of the lucky ones to get a poster.
    Drove solo to the show from Mass.
    Hearing Black Red Yellow was the highlight for me. I do agree Sweet Lew is a waste.
    Loved the covers in the 2nd encore.
    I went to Hartford, Boston and MSG2 and all three shows were great. Hartford being my least favorite.
    So happy I went.

Did not like the traffic on 95 in CT on the way home.
    Went down to one lane for construction at 1:30 in the morning.
    Would have been home at 3 and instead did not get home until 4.

Hey GKF, we met in Montreal in 05 in the quiet bar next to the bar the preparty was being held in- I thought Greg Kite was a golfer...anyway, glad you finally got to MSG and got to see an incredible show! Sorry about the CT traffic...I live right by there and look forward to that construction every day!
  • schapp wrote:
    1vs5 wrote:

1. He talked about his first time in NYC, and how excited he was about being in here because NYC was the "thing"... and that once he saw himself in the reflection of a window with NYC behind him, he realized that him being here was the real thing.
    Then he talked about going to college, and how school was not for him; he said he was not smart, but became smarter by talking to smart people, and actually listen to them instead of talking. Then he said: pay attention to your parents, don't smoke pot, and go to college, otherwise you would end up like a politician... I believe.

2. He mentioned we were blessed in NY because we didn't have a law like the new one in Arizona (about banning ethnic studies from schools down there). And asked NY not to let that happen in here.

yeah, you nailed it...see this is why we need the dvd/boot...I can't remember everything exactly!
    Thank God we have each other...
  • spatspat Posts: 644
    hey pearl jam i know you guys read these forums! THANK YOU FOR THIS CONCERT!!! #11 for me and to echo the 100's of responses on here...best. show. ever. beat out both '03 shows, beat out wachovia'05, beat the philly shows for some reason...here's a few...
    I hope ben bridwell reads this thread too...he needs to know how much ass he kicked on hunger strike. you can tell he was truly moved and gracious toward the band...awesome moment.
    i don't know about anyone else but i was not in the arena during RVM...i wasn't even on this planet...i was transported...somewhere...not sure where...but it was awesome.
    so glad unthought known has become an instant live classic...
    I can't think of an other band or another song where the audience will give a 30 second ovation in the middle of it (betterman)...pure love there.
    loved watching mike and jeff run around in circles during STBC...
    nothingman was the best i've ever heard, not only from ed who was belting his heart out, but the audience too...the one song i just stood back and soaked in (rest of the night i was nuts :D )
    everything else has already been said...thank you!!
    My favorite Pearl Jam song: "Corporate Greed Boat Asshole Behind a Counter in the Oval Office"
  • in eds treein eds tree Posts: 539
    schapp wrote:
    1vs5 wrote:

yeah, you nailed it...see this is why we need the dvd/boot...I can't remember everything exactly!
    Thank God we have each other...

i totally thought they were gonna play Education after the school talk. And I do believe that he was actually referring to the law that was passed in AZ that gives the police the authority to demand of any citizen their "papers" if they suspect they may be illegal, but he also mentioned that they are also taking away ethnic studies i think. it was after the W.M.A. tag where he again referred to it as "White Male Arizonian"
    keep on rockin' in the free world.
  • PatrickBatemanPatrickBateman Posts: 2,243
    damn....i SHOULD have been there...............damn damn damn
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • PJFAN13PJFAN13 Posts: 1,422
    Back in AZ - 9:30 and the show won't escape my heart...my wife asked me what my favorite moment was and to pick one...
    -White Male Arizonian (moving to San Diego in a month :D This state is gettin' it's priorities really messed up)
    -Jeff Ament (Poster, Sweet Lew, Daughter, The Real Me, RVM, etc...)
    -Dio riff during Alive (like Stairway in Seattle)
    -Kick Out The Jams (that late in a show to blow the roof off!!!!)
    -Black Red Yellow??? Hunger Strike???
    -The coming together of the band during Present Tense, literally facing Matt all together in a huddle of one vibe - chilling
    -Betterman - the love and energy unmatched and friggin beautiful...tear inducing, no-lie or cheese

The whole show, really, will be one giant moment

As a Knick fan and Ranger fan, seeing the Reed/Leetch respect in that building was heart warming

Now - I've been reading all these fanviews, posted one way early this morn on my crackberry at LaGuardia...and I gotta tell you - and with all due respect to everyone and their opinion, how can Sweet Lew be called a waste???? I understand personal taste, but to see Ed havin' that much fun, Jeff bustin' it so great and Stones chops on the bass??? Wow - I can't believe the hate and "waste" talk - mind blowing... :(

Anyway - unreal night. Proud to be a fan and so thankful for these guys...A night to remember forever...

This fan community rocks, you guys really do.
    11.30.93~10.2.96~9.13.98~9.1.00~8.25.00~7.3.03~7.5.03
    7.9.03~9.28.04~10.1.05~5.12.06~5.13.06~5.27.06~5.28.06
    8.5.08(EV)~10.9.09~5.21.10~6.20.11(EV)~7.5.11(EV)~7.9.11(EV)
    11.21.13~8.27.16(EV)~11.14.16(TOTD)~4.13.20~9.27.20~9.26.21~10.2.21
    2.15.22 (EV)~2.25.22 (EV)~2.27.22 (EV)~5.3.22~5.7.22~9.17.24~9.29.24
  • PJFAN13 wrote:
    Back in AZ - 9:30 and the show won't escape my heart...my wife asked me what my favorite moment was and to pick one...
    -White Male Arizonian (moving to San Diego in a month :D This state is gettin' it's priorities really messed up)
    -Jeff Ament (Poster, Sweet Lew, Daughter, The Real Me, RVM, etc...)
    -Kick Out The Jams (that late in a show to blow the roof off!!!!)
    -Black Red Yellow??? Hunger Strike???
    -The coming together of the band during Present Tense, literally facing Matt all together in a huddle of one vibe - chilling
    -Betterman - the love and energy unmatched and friggin beautiful...tear inducing, no-lie or cheese

The whole show, really, will be one giant moment

As a Knick fan and Ranger fan, seeing the Reed/Leetch respect in that building was heart warming

Now - I've been reading all these fanviews, posted one way early this morn on my crackberry at LaGuardia...and I gotta tell you - and with all due respect to everyone and their opinion, how can Sweet Lew be called a waste???? I understand personal taste, but to see Ed havin' that much fun, Jeff bustin' it so great and Stones chops on the bass??? Wow - I can't believe the hate and "waste" talk - mind blowing... :(

Anyway - unreal night. Proud to be a fan and so thankful for these guys...A night to remember forever...

This fan community rocks, you guys really do.

did you sit next to a kid and his mom?
    PJFAN13 wrote:

Holy s... I was jumping, screaming and honestly didn't really listen to the riff!!!! :( :( :( :(

I'll have to wait until the bootleg comes out! But glad they paid tribute to him, Dio was an awesome musician, he will be missed... probably now jumping over rainbows, illuminating the metal scene.
  • over bendsover bends Posts: 1,568
    Hit a guy in the head while bopping around yesterday, and when I said sorry he gave me this look like I was crazy for apologizing. Pretty much sums up my thoughts on how awesome the crowd was into the show.
    Yield!

3 Decibels Doubles the Volume

over bends wrote:
    Hit a guy in the head while bopping around yesterday, and when I said sorry he gave me this look like I was crazy for apologizing. Pretty much sums up my thoughts on how awesome the crowd was into the show.

Thx! Awesome!
  • AriakonAriakon Posts: 3
    WOW & EPIC are the two words I would use to describe the Show. Thank you PJ for an AMAZING night. The Set list was blistering. The Garden was Rocking...LITERALLY! And HUNGERSTRIKE Ben Bridwell you Rock! Sometimes you get a perfect storm at a show...the right Band, the right Set List, and the Right Venue. Pearl Jam has "caught a bolt of lightning" twice for me in less than a Year; closing out the Spectrum in Philly on Halloween Night, and Closing out this Tour in MSG.
    PJ: 04-28-2003, 07-08-2003, 07-09-2003, 10-03-2005, 05-28-2006, 06-19-2008, 06-20-2008, 10-27-2009, 10-28-2009, 10-30-2009, 10-31-2009, 05-18-2010, 05-20-2010, 05-21-2010, 09-03-2011, 09-04-2011
    EV: 06-21-2011, 06-25-2011
  • edwhoedwho Posts: 811
    New Jersey In Hiding :arrow: hairs on the back of your neck standing up good :o

8-) New Fuckin’ York 2010 :D

Long live Pearl Jam, can’t find a better band :!:

Cheers New York :idea: thank you. Damn fine city, people, and venue you have there.

Three Fish

July 1996 San Francisco

June 1999 Chicago

• prezesprezes Posts: 34
    I've seen Hartford, Newark and both MSGs...
    1. MSG2 - best PJ concert I've been to in US (and I've seen Philly 4) - I heard bad things about sound at MSG... WTF?? This arena sounds great. The crowd energy was unbelievable for the WHOLE night
    2. Hartford/MSG1 - can't decide, both were awesome.
    3. Newark - loved the band's performance and the set list, sound was really bad in my sector though and the crowd was sleepy

Looking forward to London, Berlin and Gdynia in June/July. I think I got addicted to PJ shows.