Options

*** MSG 2 Fanviews Here 5/21/10 ***

Comments

• Options
    wall05wall05 Posts: 304
    I am still in shock and can't even find words to describe how amazing these last two nights have been. :shock:
    2008 - Camden, NJ 1
    2009 - Philadelphia, PA x4
    2010 - Newark, NJ, New York City, NY x2
    2012 - Philadelphia, PA
    2013 - Chicago, IL, Philadelphia, PA x2, Hartford, CT
    2016 - Philadelphia, PA x2, New York City, NY 2, Fenway 2
  • Options
    FirstExitFirstExit Los Angeles Posts: 972
    yo boston, I'm happy for you, and Imma let you finish, but MSG 2 was the greatest Pearl Jam show of all time...OF ALL TIME!!!
  • Options
    wu279889wu279889 Posts: 2
    Sea wrote:
    May 21, 2010 New York, New York, Madison Square Garden
    Opening: Band of Horses

Set List: Corduroy, Hail Hail, Do The Evolution, World Wide Suicide, Got Some, Breath, Nothing Man, I’m Open - dedicated to Howard Zinn, Unthought Known, Grievance, Amongst The Waves, Present Tense, Not For You/Modern Girl (Sleater Kinney), Push Me Pull Me, Rats, Daughter/WMA, The Fixer, Why Go

1st encore: The End with string quartet, Just Breathe with string quartet, Lukin II with string quartet, Black Red Yellow, Sweet Lew, Given To Fly, Spin The Black Circle, Rearviewmirror

2nd encore: Wasted Reprise, Better Man/Save It For Later (Charley, Cox, Morton, Steele, Wakeling), Black, The Real Me (Townshend), Hunger Strike with Ben Bridwell from “Band Of Horses” (Cornell), Alive, Kick Out The Jams (Davis, Kramer, Smith, Thompson, Tyner), Yellow Ledbetter/Star Spangled Banner

Please share your experiences of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board.

Please keep the Fanview threads for Fanviews. It's ok to begin another thread on discussions of other topics and/or debates.
    Thank you :)
    Greatest pearl jam show i ever saw!!! I have seen them since the first ten tour and nothing can compare to this night! I have been going to concerts for 30 yrs and waiting for that one perfect concert and fri. at msg was it! Nothing can compare to this show! i saw u2 in dublin last summer and this show was a thousand times better! The set list was amazing!
    pjsage
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    ive been to over 50 shows. Randalls, the Gorges, etch etch. But last night was the BEST ive seen. Unfudgin real!.. Congrats to my bud Lew for winning the lotto. Watching your facial expressions from front row center was PRICELESS. It couldnt of happened to a better fan. I want to also thank the peeps at the 10club for the 9 shows this tour.What a way to start the summer off.
  • Options
    YefaYefa Posts: 1,133
    edited May 2010
    This was one of my favorite shows of all time. Some of the highlights (among many) for me were Black (great version of a song I've loved for many years), Hunger Strike (first time seeing that one), Nothingman, Breath, Better Man, Kick Out The Jams, and slow Lukin. I also loved the series of rocking songs that opened the show. This was the culmination of a fantastic run of shows as I saw Hartford, Boston (on my birthday), and both New York shows. Not only that, but my seat buddy won the 10C lottery so we were in the 2nd row for this show! Best.Birthday.Week.Ever.
    Post edited by Yefa on
    You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com
  • Options
    spankyMPspankyMP NY to NC to NH Posts: 1,189
    NYCPJ wrote:
    Amazing show -- Hunger Strike put it over the top for me. And i loved "Slow lukin"!

Here are some photos (including a few crowd shots):

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jlbnyc/set ... 110653766/

Who had the "its Ok" sign?

I got a decent shot (the orange sign contrasted nicely with the blue lighting):

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jlbnyc/462 ... 110653766/

awesome pics, i was a few rows back of the it's okay sign and found my brother in the pic, i was just outside of the shot, but found myself in a few of your other crowd shots. thanks for sharing.
    Randall's Island 9/29/96, Continental Arena 9/8/98, MSG 9/10/98, Jones Beach 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 8/25/00, Nassau Coliseum 4/30/03, MSG 7/8/03, 7/9/03, Continental Arena 6/1/06, 6/3/06, MSG 6/24/08, 6/25/08, Spectrum 10/30/09, 10/31/09, MSG 5/20/10, 5/21/10, PJ20 9/3/11, 9/4/11, Charlottesville 10/29/13, Charlotte 10/30/13, Global Citizen 9/26/15, Raleigh 4/20/16 :( Baltimore 3/28/20 :( Austin 9/18/23, 9/19/23, Forum 5/21/24, Philly 9/7/24, Baltimore 9/12/24, Fenway 9/17/24
  • Options
    peachykeenpeachykeen NY Posts: 108
    sooooo awesome. god i love this band. my ears are still ringing...
    *If I had known then what I know now*

199xxx
  • Options
    Ninjake79Ninjake79 Posts: 32
    Wow.

I'm not going to argue about best shows ever, but this one definitely has to be up there. The crowd was AMAZING. I felt like the guys were so locked into everything last night. I knew it was going to be a good night when they came out firing with Corduroy. Loved Eddie's Germany story. Didn't even imagine I'd get to hear Black, Red, Yellow so that blew me away. Love that song. Then we got The Real Me as well....just an incredible night. I felt like I could have gone for a couple more hours I was so energized.

Good job to the band. Good job to everyone there.
  • Options
    mavimavi Posts: 941
    norm wrote:

THANK YOU. It made me want to cry. I still can't believe that happened.
    "He who hears music, feels his solitude peopled at once" R. Browning
  • Options
    GD274660GD274660 Posts: 514
    ccs56 wrote:
    2010 MSG1, while very good, did not do the Big Apple justice. No offense, but no one expects to hear that the crowd in Columbus was the loudest ever. Certain things are expected of MSG and of New Yorker’s in general.

As someone who lives in Columbus and went to the show, I was really proud of the crowd. But I drove to NYC to see MSG2, and it was the closest thing to a religious experience that I will ever have. Those of you that were there......goddamn how lucky we are.

Thanks to bubbadog for the ticket....you and your friends were awesome, I owe you guys big time.

Taking the train back to my hotel I was pouring down sweat, my back killing me and knees screaming......with this smile on my face that I still can't wipe off.

What a night.
    San Jose 10/93, San Francisco 6/95, San Jose 11/95, St Louis 4/03, Columbus 5/10, MSGII 5/21/2010, Alpine Valley 09/03/2011 and 09/04/2011
  • Options
    NK10452NK10452 Posts: 33
    Last night was my 17th show (other than jazzfest, all in the NYC, Boston, Philly areas) -- was in section 2, row s, seats 9-10. Best crowd I've ever been a part of, hands down. Totally blown away and you could tell that the band was blown away as well. Unbelievable energy.
    I'm still alive
  • Options
    That was 3 of the best hours of my life. And I have been to 35 PJ shows. AND i had the worst seats i have ever had at a PJ show. But it was awesome to be up top and in the back and witness crowd like that.
    Somehow PJ always makes you feel special after their shows, and incredible high like you just won a big game or something. Well last night felt like I'd just won a world championship that was never going to take place again.
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
  • Options
    over bendsover bends Posts: 1,568
    There was this guy near me where after the main set he shrugged and said "Hartford was definitely better." Forget whether it was or not, that's not the point, but I don't see the value of comparing shows you've been to especially during the fucking show! Just enjoy what's in front of you, my God. especially last night, where people are filling this thread by saying it's #1 of 30 or 40 or even 100. Of course you're not going to enjoy a show if you're thinking about whether it was better than something else while you're experiencing it. I'll never understand fans who think this way. They need to take a step back and remember why they became a fan in the first place.
    Yield!

3 Decibels Doubles the Volume

• Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,081
    There must be something about shows that take place on Friday nights. I've seen four and they've all been like this in some way of the other - Albany 06, Hartford 08, Philadelphia 3 and last night.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Now that's 4 boots I have to get! Hartford, Boston, and both MSG's.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    Bulldog88Bulldog88 Posts: 380
    There is so much that can be said and its all been said in this thread already here's my take: i felt the earth move beneath my feet and for a few hours thousands of people were one....

incredible
    fourtunate
    amazing

we were all one.
  • Options
    SpokenSpoken Posts: 1,447
    The Ames poster was a great representation of the night-
    IT WAS THE DONKEY KONG OF PJ SHOWS!!!!
  • Options
    DeeepBreathDeeepBreath Posts: 69
    was 6th row seats 3&4 just to the left of mike..band was on fire ..corduroy hail hail dte out of the gate was pure insane ..the energy and the sound !!! fuckin' loud ....and breath oh yeah mike's guitar playin on breath was sick... grievance was the best i ever heard ..they were going nuts .we were going nuts .the whole show was nuts !!!!!! rats...rearview ..the real me ...hunger stike ...kick out the jams,black red & yellow ,spin the black circle ,sweet lew ...this show couldn't get any better what more could anyone want..need .....
  • Options
    Bushleaguer666Bushleaguer666 Long Island Posts: 45
    Amazing show! PJ can always make me feel like I did when I was 30, which is when they came to be. Thank you BrentF for selling me your extra 10C ticket at cost on the floor. This is what it's all about; 10C members taking care of 10C members. Ticket scalpers = life wasted.
    Holmdel, NJ; July 14, 2003
    Continental Airlines Arena, NJ; June 1, 2006
    Madison Square Garden; June 24, 2008
    The Prudential Center; May 18, 2010
    Madison Square Garden 2; May 21, 2010
    Barclay Center 2; October 19, 2013
    Charlottesville, VA; October 29, 2013
    Tulsa, OK; October 8, 2014
    Lincoln, NE; October 9, 2014
    Memphis, TN; October 14, 2014
    Global Citizen; September 26, 2015
    Tampa, FL; April 11, 2016
    Madison Square Garden 1; May 1, 2016
    Madison Square Garden 2; May 2, 2016
    Toronto, Canada 2; May 12, 2016
  • Options
    bat2144bat2144 Posts: 33
    Been to 34 shows.

Something special happened last night.

There is really no way to put it into words.

Thank you Pearl Jam.
    i was a fool b/c i thought the world
  • Options
    mdkohnmdkohn Posts: 10
    I have been to over 500 concerts over the last 28 years. Saw the stones in a club with 900 people, saw the zeppelin reunion show in london in 07. Without a doubt last nights concert is the highlight of my concert going life. All the adjectives have already been used to describe what went on last night so all i need to say is thank you pj for an unforgettable evening.
    mdk
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Went looking for Black Red Yellow this morning to see what it sounded like last night, sounds like it caught a lot of people off guard, (probably those that don't frequent the board) ...

Anyway, here's a vid I thought was pretty good ... thought you'd all want to see it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMndNgXmmn4

Congrats folks, sounds like a killer show.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    JwmccJwmcc Posts: 451
    If there was ONE downer for the entire night it was the lack of appreciation I thought for Black Red Yellow and Sweet Lew, but other then that, this band never ceases to amaze me..
  • Options
    Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,495
    what a show
    what a band
    what a crowd

Just about 6 months ago Spectrum 3 happened and I thought that was the pinnacle of this band. Then last night happened.

All I can say is I'm grateful that I was a part of that.
  • Options
    The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    Jwmcc wrote:
    If there was ONE downer for the entire night it was the lack of appreciation I thought for Black Red Yellow and Sweet Lew, but other then that, this band never ceases to amaze me..

Sweet Lew is just a big waste of everyone's time...ton of good songs, that were not played during the course of the two days, could have been played instead.....anyway, great show as always :) ..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,081
    The Champ wrote:
    Jwmcc wrote:

Sweet Lew is just a big waste of everyone's time...ton of good songs, that were not played during the course of the two days, could have been played instead.....anyway, great show as always :) ..

like the three minutes it takes to play is going to kill anyone... nice to see you made it in for this champ.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    OkOk Posts: 2,144
    Can one of you Mike fans help me out - what was he doing where he crossed his hands and was adjusting the turn of his guitar (like making an X with his hands...) I beleive at the end of Black?? Anybody know what I'm talking about? Never heard a guitar make a sound like that.
  • Options
    Hey guys,

This is my first post and unfortunatly its not a good one. I have been listening to this band for years, but never really got into them as much as I am now and I still wouldn't be if it wasn't for 4 of my best friends who are by far the largest pearl jam fans I know with at least 30 shows combined. They are in an amazing band called the Great Big Circles and they would be the first one to tell you that they wouldn't be where they are today if it wasn't for Eddie and the band.

With that said, let me tell you the real reason why I am posting somthing right now. Last night obviously was the amazing NYC show and as huge pearl jam fans they were looking for tickets yesterday morning to drive down to NYC to see them. They found some tickets and drove down and bought the tickets from a really "nice guy". They get into madison square garden with the 4 tickets and I believe you know where this is going....they were fake. I just went with these guys to the Boston show and I couldn't have had a better time and the show blew my mind because they really are the definition of a pearl jam fan and I'm writing this so you guys can show them some love. They lost so much money and missed out on an unreal show(why their so upset) just to be turned away from the entrance and drive back home to Boston.

To the people that saw that show.....cutos I'm happy for you. At least pearl jam fans are humane and honest not like others.
  • Options
    coach pjcoach pj Posts: 215
    I sat in section 345. Went by myself. Sat next to a guy named Andrew- totally cool guy to hang out with. He has been in the 10c since the beginning. My point is, this is a great reason why this band and it's fans are awesome. You can go to a show by yourself and meet others with the same passion for the band that you have. I am flying back home to California Sunday. What a great trip. Andrew, if you read this, thanks for rocking out all night. Peace, John