Options

*** MSG 2 Fanviews Here 5/21/10 ***

Comments

• Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    Bdog10 wrote:
    Slow Lukin!!! What? The sickest thing I ever heard.

That would be WORTH hearing!
  • Options
    blkhwk21blkhwk21 Posts: 18
    Epic- Wow!!! Another Epic show!!! I've been to 90 shows and this was by far the best!!! WAY better than last night or PJ in early 90's!! Just kidding, every show seems to be epic if you were there, it just gets too funny, but great emotion- as long as PJ keeps rocking and fans enjoy- everyone will have thier own personal "epic" show.
  • Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    No EVEN FLOW!...WTF??? :evil:
  • Options
    Marta EvryMarta Evry Posts: 2
    phungi wrote:
    Get_Right wrote:
    JohnnyUtah wrote:
    Had a great tiem, but did anyone else suffer sound mixing issues? In my section, 204, either the acoustics or the sound mix were way off and the vocals were inconsistent. The nice couple in the row in front of me agreed that the vocals sounded drowned out. Didn't know if it was our section of others had similar issues. None the less, incredible show.
    you are right
    the sound was distorted and a bit muffled compared to some of the other venues

no problems in the floor (Section 10) but a friend in 222 said the same thing...

We were in section 84 and experienced the same exact problem. I was surprised to read all glowing comments here about the sound quality.

Consider this an observation and not a complaint. The show was completely wonderful.
  • Options
    AyedavanitaAyedavanita Posts: 1,443
    the withdrawal begins.....
    "You think I got my eyes closed but I'm lookin' at you the whole fuckin' time..."
  • Options
    DrdealDrdeal Posts: 693
    Went to Newark and got front row via lottery. Sat in section 345 at MSG II. Both shows were special.
    Newark had some songs I was really pining for (Alone, Brother, Footsteps and Indifference).

MSG II had a once in a lifetime vibe plus Hunger Strike. I really felt a communal karma floating around
    in MSG. Same seats that I had back in 77 at my first concert which was Pink Floyd for the Animals tour when I was 14. About my 25th PJ show. This concert was one big group hug. I went alone and felt like I was part of something sacred. Lots of loners around me which speaks to how much we wanted to be there.

Pearl Jam is one of the things that is right in this world. I feel honored to have been there.

Thanks Pearl Jam, Andrew
  • Options
    edellefemineedellefemine Posts: 103
    I'm still wired from Friday night... what an epic show

Who's got some quality videos? I'd be more then happy to help host the raw files for anyone - got plenty of speed and space!

And how long do you think we'll have to wait before a bootleg/dvd is out?
  • Options
    Guy3777Guy3777 Posts: 3
    I was at Hartford and both MSG shows (MSG2 #16 overall) on this tour and these guys just keep raising the bar. However, MSG2 takes every cake there is. The crowd was incredible and really set the tone right from when the band walked out. The energy of it being night 2 and the last show of the tour was on display.

The set was incredible and came out hitting hard. Corduroy --> Breath was unreal and the crowd was just shear mayhem by the time they played Nothingman. The crowd singing in Nothingman was just like Hartford just louder (as Ed referenced the show right before starting)! The set never let down and other highlights were definitely Present Tense, Not for You, Rats and Daughter. Why go killed as the set end.

Didn't love the beginning of the 5/20 encore and when they started the same way tonight I was a little worried until they fuckin bust out Lukin acoustic!! WTF??? Awesome! Had some fun in the rest of the 1st encore. Given to Fly was incredible...crazy crowd singing! 2nd encore was sick and clinched this as the best show I've ever seen. Better Man singalong rivaled MSG in 03. Black was nuts with the "We Belong Together" on the outro. Hunger Strike...nothing to say about it other than THANK YOU!

Incredible show...best I've ever seen. I'd say best I'll ever see, but I know they will just fuck that up again and I can't wait! Please make this a DVD Set!!!!!!
  • Options
    ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    I thought nothing would top philly 3 and 4 but Friday night was almost the perfect Pearl Jam show. The crowd won't be topped anywhere, the set had so many highlights with the real me and kick out the jams kicking my ass. They made MSG into a small club for a night. what more can you say about PJ at MSG.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    TF20957TF20957 Posts: 1
    This was the only show I was able to see due to the problem getting tickets through the 10c. I was not disappointed. I have seen them 15+ times and this by far was the most explosive, mind altering Pearl Jam show I have ever seen. Corduroy brought the crowd to its feet and it never stopped. When they played Hunger Strike, I almost lost it. It was the first time I have ever seen that live and boy, was it worth the wait. Thanks to the 10c and to Eddie and the the rest of Pearl Jam. Last night was I show I will never forget. I can't wait for the bootleg.
  • Options
    jwagnerjwagner Posts: 435
    There's hardly anything to add that these 19 pages of rave reviews doesn't cover...for me this show bordered on a religious/transcendental experience...everything in its right place: the set list, the band's energy, the crowd's energy, the band giving us back our energy, us giving energy back to the band. Symbiotic and completely wonderful, for the entire 33-song show.

Came out punching with 'Corduroy,' 'Hail Hail,' 'Do the Evolution,' 'Got Some.' Unexpected stuff like 'Black, Red, Yellow', the slow 'Lukin', 'Rats' (!), 'Hunger Strike', 'Push Me Pull Me' (way more awesome live than I could have imagined) and (huh? what?) 'Sweet Lew'! The ending of 'Rearviewmirror' killed. Maybe the best 'Black' ever. 'Amongst the Waves' and 'Unthought Known' were also highlights. 'Present Tense'!!! Cannot wait to relive this with the bootleg!

Ed's 'Nothingman'/Germany story was pretty damn funny too. And Mike ran a few laps near the end.

Thanks Pearl Jam...thank you thank you thank you (and thank you Billy!!)
    "I know I was born and I know that I'll die...the in between is mine"
  • Options
    dave grolschdave grolsch Posts: 730
    I did actually well up during RVM,we all know the song is about abuse but Ed was baring his soul here
    my best concert ever,thanks PJ&NYC
  • Options
    pjinlove2pjinlove2 Posts: 18
    I'm not sure I can add much to what has already been said, but I felt the need to write down what for me was an epic night. My husband and I have two small children so we don't get to go to too many shows, we try to do 2 a tour if we can.

This was my 12th show and my husband's 14th. We've been really lucky to see what I considered amazing shows-Jones Beach 3, 2000; Reading 2004; Boston 2 2006 and on this tour Hartford. We left Hartford saying what an unbelievabl experience it was and I honestly had lowered my expectactions a bit for MSG 2. Seeing Ain't Talking About Love was just unreal. The crowd in Hartford was probably the best I had experienced up until MSG.

I had gotten shut out of Ten Club tickets for Hartford and MSG 2, but got them from Ticketmaster. We were dead center behind the stage for MSG and it provided an awesome view of what went on behind the stage. I admit I was really hoping for a Release opener but knew when they rock the crap out of Courody we were in for a huge night. The first few songs were a total blur and when they started Breath with no warning my hubby looked at me and said "epic."

It only got better from there, someone here wrote it was like every song the played was the best version they ever did. It was, they were so tight, Eddie sounded amazing and everyone was on fire. The crowd just kept getting better and better. I stopped moving at one point and the entire garden was shaking. Craziness.

So many highlights-Lukin 2 almost made me cry, The Real Me, and Hunger Strike. But it was so much more than that, even the "hits" were crazy. We were lucky enough to see a similar Betterman in Mansfield 2008 and loved loved loved that feeling again at MSG.

It sounds crazy but driving home yesterday from NYC, my husband and I agreed if we never see another show again we'd be bummed, but the memory of Friday night would more than make up for it.

Thank you again Pearl Jam for letting us be part of something so incredible!!
  • Options
    ryanevolutionryanevolution Posts: 782
    Need to add to my initial fanview. This one is specifically about "the crowd".

About a day or two before the show I had gotten into a conversation with 2 pj buddies about crowds. I was talking about some videos I had seen of south american iron maiden crowds in their recent documentary, and how I woukd LOVE to be a part of a crowd like THAT! Where EVERY single person is full-throat singing every lyric with their entire heart and soul, where the entire arena is jumping, fist pumping, and vibrating.

THAT WAS MSG2!! It was the thickest, most UNIFIED crowd I have EVER been a part of (36 years old, many many shows, worked many concerts, filmed many shows for tv, etc...). It was not about rarities, they could've played "the hits" that night and everyone would have still been insane. It was about a mind set that everyone had going in. We are HERE to rock this motha and tear the roof off this place! it was phenomenal.

To compare: PHILLY 1. I was 8th row Stone's side. At least 70percent of the people in rows 1(!!) Through 7 either sat, stood motionless, or were bored girlfriends texting who couldn't wait to leave. I was screaming at them to "get up!". And again PHILLY 4, I was surrounded by "silent types" who didn't even bop their heads. I could'nt believe it. How can the music be hitting this hard and these people are concrete? They were cool people and all but it was wierd. The overall crowds were "good" and "loud" but there was so much more PASSION at MSG!

And DEVOTION. The crowd was on a mission. That is what every show should be like. I don't know exactly what it was about friday night. Because everyone was affected. Next to me was a first timer who barely knew th band. She let loose like a diehard! It was infectioous. It was bkessed. I was not alone that night!! Thank you PJ, thank you jamily, tthank you friends, thank you!!!
    Evolution Music Studios presents:
    DO THE EVOLUTION - a 20th Anniversary Tribute Celebration
    of PEARL JAM - WORLD CAFE LIVE PHILLY JUNE 19th 7pm
  • Options
    llovellove Posts: 106
    First, I'll start this with sorry for the long post... :shock:

I've only been to 3 shows - Toronto 8/09, St Louis 5/4/10 and MSG 5/21/10. EV played the Ryman solo here in Nashville last Apri (I think) and it slipped by me. I've been a fan of PJ since the beginning but never saw them live. Was busy raising my teenage son during the 90's. I grew up in the 60's.

When EV released Into the Wild, I just went nuts over it. And so when I missed the Ryman show, I started looking at this website for a PJ concert I could attend. Toronto was it. Hubby drove me there and I had a religious/spiritual experience. So, waiting for a show closer to home and St Louis was it. Right before St Louis, I lost my brother to cancer. Mom, hubby and I cared for him in our home to the end. His funeral was the day before St Louis. I went because he knew we had the tickets and wanted me to go. It was an emotional trip. The show was awesome.

I then felt an unrelenting desire to go to MSG for the last US show. But I didn't think I could put it all together. Three days before the show I made the decision and to go alone. I needed the time to myself and to feel the love of the "community". It had been 25 yrs since I had been to NYC (I lived there for a few years in the 80's).

So I posted some requests here for a ticket and the day before the show smithnic came through for me, an extra ticket! I was elated to say the least and jeez have I needed some elation. Smithnic you are the best and I'm so glad we met! What a sweet soul you are.

I met some really loving people at the pre-party and it continued on at the concert. Section 53 and the house was brought down. All the posts here says it all. I just needed to add that "The End", "Just Breathe" and "Lukin II" were highlights for me personally. I cried like a baby. It was an emotional roller coaster ride - UP and DOWN. So many thoughts flooding...so much love in that building. Eddie was so emotionally raw. RVM was incredible too, I was really hoping for that one, as well as Present Tense. I was there right "there" with the band and the rest of the fans, what a connection. God I was so drained after the show, I could hardly walk back to the hotel to collapse. Cathartic.

This was for my brother. This was also for me and he was there with me, telling me "it's ok, you can celebrate". The two guys behind me that saw me crying? Thanks for the hug and loving, comforting words. You understood my pain and it was life affirming.

I'll never forget this experience, ever. I'm home now sitting here on the deck looking at all the beauty that surrounds me on my farm. I love all you guys and I love Pearl Jam for what they bring to our lives. Eddie, you created a setlist that was beyond compare - ALL songs were beautifully strung together. Thank you and the band again for giving all of yourself to us. For putting it out there and providing so much joy and wonderful memories.
    makes much more sense, to live in the present tense
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,457
    Whoa i just love reading all the post, man how much emotion we had in that building is beyond my comprehension i'm truly blessed to have been there :) the happiest times of my life right here right now 8-) ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    BubbaDogBubbaDog Posts: 21
    Great post.

The whole show was great and Real Me and Hunger Strike were just a few of the endless highlights. Kudos to one of the few bands that can make every show and set list memorable and keep the fans guessing for what is next and how good they will sound.
    Rochester 94
    Mansfield 1 08
    Eddie Boston 1 08
    Toronto 09
    Philly 3 09
    Buffalo 2010
    MSG 2 2010
    Hamilton 2011
    Buffalo 2013
  • Options
    Paul AndrewsPaul Andrews Posts: 2,489
    paul-marcus.jpg

Thanks to the band and all the fans we met who made this such a great night for Marcus and I. I lost count of how many times we felt the Garden vibrating - first time was during present tense and then many times after that.

An incredible set list, great crowd and a great venue! I'm now off to buy Marcus his first good accoustic guitar to start his musical journey.

Thanks Pearl Jam!
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    I knew it was going to be special as soon as i got an open container citation on the way in...

the rest is history...

thanks to ken "2 more Heineken's" from new jersey on the train up for helping me out with a great ticket, had a blast brother! "
  • Options
    jfs5-10-10jfs5-10-10 Posts: 326
    Watching lukin 2 or "skinned cat lukin" as I like to call it (ha). Love eddies voice in it so much its giving me chills.
    <b>Your light's reflected now,... reflected from afar...
    We were but stones,... your light made us stars</b>

Buffalo 5-10-10...First PJ show..Life changing..magical..
  • Options
    Paul AndrewsPaul Andrews Posts: 2,489
    jfs5-10-10 wrote:
    Watching lukin 2 or "skinned cat lukin" as I like to call it (ha). Love eddies voice in it so much its giving me chills.

That skinned cat speech by Eddie was piss funny... now i have some motivation to return to the Pearl Jam with cats nonsense when I get home next week hahaha.
  • Options
    jm257212jm257212 Posts: 409
    im going to write my review.. but i think i need a cpl more days to let it all soak in :D:D:D:D:D

f@ckin amazing
  • Options
    they F'd me up real bad this time, i cant stop watching you tubes, trying to re live it, i never thought i would witness anything that magical again,
    "no more crowbars to my head"
  • Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    edited May 2010
    I still can't believe how hard the band rocked this show.. I could not have asked for more on MSG night two. I had amazing people surrounding me..band of horses we re phenomenal .. and im sure im not the only one who didnt realize they had that much energy within themselves. Every song i heard at this show was extended or different some how.. even classics that have been played for 15+ years were played with an energy that would make you think they were songs that had just been written. I'm proud of all the awesome people that pearl jam seems to bring out of the woodworks.. Thanks to all of you who made my night so special and and enjoyable.. i miss you ALL all ready... The entire show was my hightlight so i really don't even think i can write a proper fan view (although sharing a joint with this awesome australian guy during black red yellow was the ultimate moment of the night lol Im still in disbelief over the setlist) .. Thank you so much to the band and to the wonderful/unique people who go to see them...

Ps: I still can't believe the crowd was so good that we got mike to do sexy dances :mrgreen:
    Post edited by Fahka on
  • Options
    Zoso wrote:
    I thought nothing would top philly 3 and 4 but Friday night was almost the perfect Pearl Jam show. The crowd won't be topped anywhere, the set had so many highlights with the real me and kick out the jams kicking my ass. They made MSG into a small club for a night. what more can you say about PJ at MSG.

YES! thats all you CAN say really :D
  • Options
    Jaws1122Jaws1122 Posts: 4
    Best show ever! I am in a wheelchair and usually get pretty shitty seats, but the 10chooked me up and got me front row! I would never have imaged getting any decent seats, but to get front row! And then to be in the front row at this show was amazing! It was the best night of my life! Feeling so sad now, I looked forward to it for so long, and now it's over. The dude next to me got the set list for that night's show during the show. Was cool at first seeing all the shit they were going to play, but then a bummer knowing what they were going to play before they played it. Kinda took the fun out of it. The fllor was shaking so hard, I didn't think I was going to be able to stand (it's hard to stand sometimes on flat non-vibrating ground anyway), but miracles happened that night! Feel like I didn't absorb enough of what went on! Still smiling!
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    this Lukin II is amazing..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    brokenarrowbrokenarrow Posts: 478
    I forgot to add how great Band of Horses were/are. Honestly was a bit worried they'd be a little too mellow to open. Boy was I wrong, they were fantastic. I need to buy all of their albums now. Lovely.

and Nothingman, holy shit. As it's building up, the tears began streaming down my cheeks. It's always been such a significant song to me, to hear it in my old stomping grounds of the Garden, to be home,....well, that was amazing.

It's now Sunday and I'm still reeling from the show, :D
  • Options
    I forgot to add how great Band of Horses were/are. Honestly was a bit worried they'd be a little too mellow to open. Boy was I wrong, they were fantastic. I need to buy all of their albums now. Lovely.

and Nothingman, holy shit. As it's building up, the tears began streaming down my cheeks. It's always been such a significant song to me, to hear it in my old stomping grounds of the Garden, to be home,....well, that was amazing.

It's now Sunday and I'm still reeling from the show, :D

The black keys and band of horses was absolutely perfect! Both bands were as great and better than i had anticipated.. i loved them both before but now i am in LOVE.. What stellar choices for opening band.. kudos to whoever made that shiz happen :) Just wish black keys would have played a lil longer of a set.. Band of horses was really unique (i know they get a lot of comparisons but i really think they are one of a kind) All very charismatic .. and the lead singer really makes me wish i could grow bearded goodness cuz it must help with vocals because that man can SING.. best version of hunger strike i've ever seen as well.. (by someone other than the actual totd line up) Kudos to those bands for getting the place as riled as they did for pearl jam (we had enough already but the extra is what made everyone spill over with energy making MSG 2 one of the most memorable nights and pj shows ive been apart of.
  • Options
    goatspergoatsper Posts: 34
    not to top a certain fun guy, but i went to msg 2 with my 11 yr old son, caleb...his first pj show..now this kid has seen alot of bands.the stones, the police, the killers, weezer, phish...etc ...already in his long life.. i tried to prepare him for the night, as pj was not his fav band....lucky for him years of brainwashing, in the car had him singing along to black, betterman, and most impressive, grievance....to look over and see him yelling "don't give blood and take it back again "" was wortth the trip to nyc.." I could really feel the building shaking ", he said afterwards....suffice to say he won't be missing another show....you'll go to two nights in a row, i asked..."hell yea " he said....good times!!!!!