• Options
    PaigePaige Posts: 365
    They're dazzling.
    NYCPJ wrote:
    mavi wrote:
    NYCPJ wrote:
    Here are some photos (including a few crowd shots):

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jlbnyc/set ... 110653766/

You have some really nice shots there. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks; I had fun taking them
  • Options
    JC38557JC38557 Posts: 33
    The Champ wrote:
    Jwmcc wrote:
    If there was ONE downer for the entire night it was the lack of appreciation I thought for Black Red Yellow and Sweet Lew, but other then that, this band never ceases to amaze me..

Sweet Lew is just a big waste of everyone's time...ton of good songs, that were not played during the course of the two days, could have been played instead.....anyway, great show as always :) ..
    I couldn't agree more. I appreciate rarities but not when the song is a rarity because it's not very good. I cannot understand why people aren't more surprised when the crowd isn't into a rarity, anyway. What do you expect? It's a rarity because it's, uh, rare and not every person there is well versed in the Lost Dogs, even if they are nearly guaranteed to know Nothingman and Betterman.

"Oh yeah, I'm a real Peal Jam fan, therefore I mock the hits." I think that attitude is silly and this is coming from a fan who knows pretty much every word to every song PJ has. That said, I enjoyed Nothingman a *billion* times more than Sweet Lew and Betterman a half a billion times more. They were amazing. Sweet Lew was eh.
  • Options
    gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    My 30th show and first at Madison Square Garden.
    I loved the building and the show.
    Was one of the lucky ones to get a poster.
    Drove solo to the show from Mass.
    Hearing Black Red Yellow was the highlight for me. I do agree Sweet Lew is a waste.
    Loved the covers in the 2nd encore.
    I went to Hartford, Boston and MSG2 and all three shows were great. Hartford being my least favorite.
    So happy I went.

Did not like the traffic on 95 in CT on the way home.
    Went down to one lane for construction at 1:30 in the morning.
    Would have been home at 3 and instead did not get home until 4.
  • Options
    DollarDollar Posts: 237
    Went to all 3 shows this week. As many have said,the crowd in Newark was weak but the band/setlist was strong & they played many of the songs I wanted to hear(certainly a major component of how we individually rate "our" show). MSG I was excellent but could not compare to last night. MSG II was an entirely different animal. Now,many of you relate the show to where you were sitting & that's a legitimate point but my seats last night were the worst of the 3 nights,being in Section 11 Row P (last row) w/my 10C tix. No room to dance (or move for that matter!) as you were confined to a very little square. That being said,it didn't matter because the band,the music,the energy was like no other PJ show I have ever been to (except for maybe Philly 3..but I'm not comparing..lol). Betterman/Black back to back was unreal...the emotion so pure, that it overwhelmed both the band & the crowd. Lukin II..are you f..in' kidding me? It was beautiful beyond words...wow just wow! One of my all time favs,Present Tense just had a little extra last night! I could go on & on,Hunger Strike (gotta listen to more BOH,Ben has some pipes),Breath,Nothingman,BRY,RVM, Kick Out The Jams,The Real Me,Spin The Black Circle...geez,I could list every song! Thanks PJ for always bringing your A game to MSG although I'd grade you A+++++++ last night! To the couple I met last night from Canada,have a safe trip home & wow,what a way to end your mini-tour! Now time to take a nap & rest these 56 year old bones that have been on overdrive all week!!!

PS- The Ames Brothers came through big time last night. The Donkey Kong poster for last night was maybe their best ever!
  • Options
    dhogie GTFdhogie GTF Posts: 4
    Unreal show! Hungerstrike, GTF, stbc, Rats, and opening with Courdoroy. The best set list to date on this tour hands down. They came out rockin with incredible intensity and great crowd energy throughout. Great tour guys...looking forward to the next go round!

Shout out to the guys at the pregame at Brother Jimmy's-
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,312
    Dito Dito to all the above post nothing more to add this was something so special i have nothing left .....you had to be there to know what everyone is buzzing all about :):)
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,731
    This was my 4th show at MSG and probably my favorite. Great setlist with all types of surprises. The rarities were great but even the usual stuff (Better Man, etc) seemed especially inspired tonight. Great crowd. My seats were behind the stage (behind Boom) but I had a really good view and I've decided that I like that better than where my tenclub tix have landed me at MSG (on the floor but way back). I tended to watch the crowd just as much as I watched the band. Great fucking show.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    over bendsover bends Posts: 1,568
    If you can't appreciate the novelty of seeing Sweet Lew live, then that's a shame. Not every song has to be Nothingman quality, and the crowd didn't have to sing/speak along with Jeff for it to be an awesome sight. It creates a light mood, it's just fun. Is it a better song than Breath? NO. But was it a great addition to the set for novelty/fun purposes? YES.
    Yield!

3 Decibels Doubles the Volume

• Options
    in eds treein eds tree Denver Posts: 539
    over bends wrote:
    If you can't appreciate the novelty of seeing Sweet Lew live, then that's a shame. Not every song has to be Nothingman quality, and the crowd didn't have to sing/speak along with Jeff for it to be an awesome sight. It creates a light mood, it's just fun. Is it a better song than Breath? NO. But was it a great addition to the set for novelty/fun purposes? YES.

+1

:shock:

after i left the show i told sarahlou that i defy anyone to find something to complain about with that show.

i should have known that there are ALWAYS complainers.

as has been said before, i had a fucking religious experience at that show. at one point there were literally tears streaming down my face and i was laughing at the same time. if anyone did NOT feel that show was something special...man, i am sorry for you. it wasn't about the setlist, or whether or not they should have played sweet lew (i found it entertaining, and i did see it in philly 4) there was just a fucking VIBE in that place that i have never experienced in my life. i hope like hell i never forget how amazing i felt last night.
    keep on rockin' in the free world.
  • Options
    28th pearl jam show

will be back later w more indepth fanview, but all i have to say is amazing,

these fanviews are right on, something special happened last night, my best pearl jam show by far, i did not thing that would happen, 08 msg's were good, 03 night 1 was great, but what happened last night was someting I prob will never feel again, the crowd, the set, everything was pure magic, i dont use the word EPIC, last night was beyond EPIC there are no words to describe what happened, you cant get that feeling from any other band.

be back w more, so magical
    "no more crowbars to my head"
  • Options
    LUKIN II is PURE MAGIC
  • Options
    mavimavi Posts: 941
    i hope like hell i never forget how amazing i felt last night.

I just had to quote you on that. So I don't forget either. Thanks!
    "He who hears music, feels his solitude peopled at once" R. Browning
  • Options
    The_Giant_MidgetThe_Giant_Midget Los Angeles Posts: 540
    if they opened with release this was a perfect show. it needs to be a dvd, theres nothing more to be said. wow...just wow.
    Beacon '08
    Philly 2-4 '09
    Newark '10
    MSG 1+2 '10
    E.V. Beacon 1+2 '11
    Made in America Festival '12
    Worcester 1+2 '13
    Brooklyn 1+2 '13
    Global Citizens Festival '15
    MSG 1+2 '16
    Fenway Park 1+2 '16
    Ohana '17
    Home Shows 1+2 '18
    Ohana '18
    Ohana '19
    Sea Hear Now '21
    Ohana '21
    LA 1+2 '22
    Austin 1+2 '23
    Ohana '23
  • Options
    if they opened with release this was a perfect show. it needs to be a dvd, theres nothing more to be said. wow...just wow.

have to make a DVD, dont think it would do it justice tho, i never in a million years would of thought this would beat Philly 4 , but it vblew it away, it blew away MSG 2 98 , never thought it would beat that

pure magic, so special
  • Options
    The_Giant_MidgetThe_Giant_Midget Los Angeles Posts: 540

have to make a DVD, dont think it would do it justice tho, i never in a million years would of thought this would beat Philly 4 , but it vblew it away, it blew away MSG 2 98 , never thought it would beat that

pure magic, so special

totally agree with you, never thought anything would beat philly 3 or 4 and unless the dvd can show just the crowd during better man, given to fly, nothingman, the reaction to hunger strike it wont do it justice. that being said if they had to make a dvd theyd be stupid not to make one of both msg shows.
    Beacon '08
    Philly 2-4 '09
    Newark '10
    MSG 1+2 '10
    E.V. Beacon 1+2 '11
    Made in America Festival '12
    Worcester 1+2 '13
    Brooklyn 1+2 '13
    Global Citizens Festival '15
    MSG 1+2 '16
    Fenway Park 1+2 '16
    Ohana '17
    Home Shows 1+2 '18
    Ohana '18
    Ohana '19
    Sea Hear Now '21
    Ohana '21
    LA 1+2 '22
    Austin 1+2 '23
    Ohana '23
  • Options
    nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348
    i really cant offer anything that hasnt been said.
    i NEED to listen to this boot asap. it was perfect crowd- thanks to everyone at msg these past few nights- really cool..

don't hate on me please, but i usually leave during yl to beat the crowd (i get a little clausterphobic in the cattle shuffle out) and bc i have heard it what feels like 10000 times and they just cant do anything different to that song. well last night there was no way i could leave, what took place in that building was nothing short of amazing. i had to soak in every last drop, just too incredible...

anyway- thanks pj, thanks 10c fans.. u guys all made a great night.. im a little hesitant to call this my favorite pj show ever (out of 18) because i know how it feels right after the show... but im pretty sure after time this will hold up as the best pj show ever.

and i have to say- they lived up to expectations for msg- which was practically impossible- i mean the shows that take place at msg are borderline legendary so the expectations and hype leading up to this were almost unfairly too high, and the boys delivered in full. thanks again!

ps i havent read all the threads (after 3 pages of epic show, energy, crowd what more could i read- i will go back in a bit to dig for specifics) BUT is gary here?

did he really get 10th row tickets from Zman? i really hope to hear from him so i dont feel like an idiot for sprinting through traffic around 5 yesterday running on a wild goose chase. that was actually really funny and cool if it really did happen!
    '98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
  • Options

pure magic, so special

totally agree with you, never thought anything would beat philly 3 or 4 and unless the dvd can show just the crowd during better man, given to fly, nothingman, the reaction to hunger strike it wont do it justice. that being said if they had to make a dvd theyd be stupid not to make one of both msg shows.

and songs like black, better man, even given to fly i like but dont love, how sick were they last night ???

how sickkkk was Given to Fly in the encore, holy F & that was the best BLACK i ever seen, they HEYYYYY YEYYYYY i jsut looked and saw whole MSG , so magical man, hunger strike unreal, nothing man, breath brilliant

Black Red Yellow !!! what an amazing combo
  • Options
    And there I was looking at my reflection in the window and New York City was in back of me and I couldn't fuckin believe it!!!
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    Im still digesting this show. For now... Wow!.

Every member of the band brought sooooooo much energy. Even Boom was bouncing all over the place.
  • Options
    in eds treein eds tree Denver Posts: 539
    And there I was looking at my reflection in the window and New York City was in back of me and I couldn't fuckin believe it!!!

:clap:

i've never needed a boot more in my life
    keep on rockin' in the free world.
  • Options
    crashing88crashing88 Posts: 203

:clap:

i've never needed a boot more in my life

ditto to that!
  • Options
    merlin401merlin401 Posts: 216
    Newch91 wrote:
    Now that's 4 boots I have to get! Hartford, Boston, and both MSG's.

If you need to save some money, MSG I is not a necessity. Cant comment on Hartford & Boston (look good), but MSG was a pretty ordinary show (excellent but average for PJ).

MSG II was out of this world however. One of the all-time greats.
    Jones Beach II (2000), Holmdel (2003), Camden 1, East Rutherford II, Gorge I, Gorge II (2006), MSG I, Boston II (2008), Spectrum II, Spectrum III, Spectrum IV (2009), MSG I, MSG II (2010), Prague (2012), Philly I (2013), Philly I, Philly II, Fenway I (2016), Fenway I (2018), MSG (2022)
  • Options
    My only complaint was they should have left Sweet Lew out. That song really doesn't need to be performed live. But every other song was about as perfectly placed as you could place them. The crowd was unreal especially during Better Man. I am not even the biggest fan of that tune, but after last night how could you not love it.

I apologize for my drunk republican friends behavior last night. He is pretty harmless, but he does put some people off. The funny thing was all night he was screaming for Given To Fly. When they finally played it I thought he would stop. But after two more songs he didn't seem to remember that they played it and argued with me the whole night that they didn't. That's why I stay sober now.
    When FASCISM Comes To America
    it will be wrapped in the FLAG and
    carrying a CROSS.
  • Options
    merlin401merlin401 Posts: 216
    JC38557 wrote:
    The Champ wrote:
    Jwmcc wrote:
    If there was ONE downer for the entire night it was the lack of appreciation I thought for Black Red Yellow and Sweet Lew, but other then that, this band never ceases to amaze me..

Sweet Lew is just a big waste of everyone's time...ton of good songs, that were not played during the course of the two days, could have been played instead.....anyway, great show as always :) ..
    I couldn't agree more. I appreciate rarities but not when the song is a rarity because it's not very good. I cannot understand why people aren't more surprised when the crowd isn't into a rarity, anyway. What do you expect? It's a rarity because it's, uh, rare and not every person there is well versed in the Lost Dogs, even if they are nearly guaranteed to know Nothingman and Betterman.

"Oh yeah, I'm a real Peal Jam fan, therefore I mock the hits." I think that attitude is silly and this is coming from a fan who knows pretty much every word to every song PJ has. That said, I enjoyed Nothingman a *billion* times more than Sweet Lew and Betterman a half a billion times more. They were amazing. Sweet Lew was eh.

Agree and disagre.

Some rarities are legitimate hits that never made it. Some rarities are AMAZING (maybe better than the standard songs. I'm thinking songs like Hold On are just rocking experiences. Or Breath, crown of thorns, footsteps, wash, etc..

Some rarities are rare for a purpose. Push me, pull me... sweet lew... yeah things like that.
    Jones Beach II (2000), Holmdel (2003), Camden 1, East Rutherford II, Gorge I, Gorge II (2006), MSG I, Boston II (2008), Spectrum II, Spectrum III, Spectrum IV (2009), MSG I, MSG II (2010), Prague (2012), Philly I (2013), Philly I, Philly II, Fenway I (2016), Fenway I (2018), MSG (2022)
  • Options
    jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Wow,what a show i'm a Philly area freak and love all things Philly. And for me to admit this is hard but NYC crowds make philly crowds seem tame and we are loud crowds. I was at all 4 shows in philly and at both msg 08 and 2010 shows. This crowd has so loud that u couldn't even here eddie some times. I was floored and would like to thank every fan who was there rockin out. Lukin stripped down was amazing i would take that version at every show for now on. breath and nothingman,early was awesome. This shows set and engery but it on par with philly 3 and 4 imo. There's no question that this band is the best live band out there. On the down side to the dude and his piece of shit talkn wife in sec 90 row m seats 1,2 u suck. This lady has the nerve to bitch that we were rocking out the whole time. She sat there and didn't move or talk inless she was bitching. Im sorry me and my wife and the other 20,000 people were enjoying are selves. And how dare me get excited and know all the pearl jam songs at a pearl jam show. Anyway this is a top 3 show for me and i'd like to thank the band for everything.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    OkOk Posts: 2,144
    :clap: i've never needed a boot more in my life

Absolutely spot on. I literally cannont wait to listen to this show. I never buy the downloads, but am going to. wow.
  • Options
    ladydocNYCladydocNYC Posts: 635

That was a great moment.

He seemed to be so deeply appreciative of us and our city and the magic that happens there.

Every show is awesome, but last night went to that mind blowing place. Pure ecstasy.

I gotta repeat what some of you have said about hoping I can remember that feeling.

Thank you PJ and 10c.
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,885
    Can it be that I enjoyed last night more than Philly 3 or 4?

I never thought those two shows would be topped, but I'm starting to reconsider.
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348
    i need to get on a plane to europe ! it was just too good last night, i want to go back in time..
    '98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
  • Options
    Tuolumne MamaTuolumne Mama Posts: 1,210
    Still haven't completely absorbed last night yet. My 50th show in 19 yrs and land in the 3rd row Mike's side at the best show I've seen yet. The love between the community and band was incredible. I believe in miracles and Joey and Howard's spirits were definitely with us at MSG last night. Very emotional for me.
    ======================================================================
    "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal." Albert Pine.