Options

*** MSG 2 Fanviews Here 5/21/10 ***

Comments

• Options
    GD274660 wrote:
    I'm sitting in my office and I have no idea how work matters this morning.

I totally 100 % agree, First day back at work, I thought of calling out lol, its does not matter right now lol

going to grind thru tho

i miss you already
    "no more crowbars to my head"
  • Options
    EvenFlowCalEvenFlowCal Posts: 10
    Is anyone selling the posters from MSG 1 and 2????

Please email if you'd like to sell them.

<!-- e --><a href="mailto:mcal2@optonline.net">mcal2@optonline.net</a><!-- e -->
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    GD274660 wrote:

+1. I decided I'm going to stare at youtube instead
  • Options
    megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    Suziemay wrote:
    GD274660 wrote:

i'm buried at work. pj radio. youtube. depression
  • Options
    DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    jones wrote:
    Suziemay wrote:
    GD274660 wrote:

i'm buried at work. pj radio. youtube. depression

Same here - that show on the 21st... and the 15 and 17th... WOW

Need more.
  • Options
    GD274660GD274660 Posts: 514
    Need more.

"It's not enough....I need more....nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to BREATHE to know I'm ALIVE"

That lyric from Tool is rather fitting.
    San Jose 10/93, San Francisco 6/95, San Jose 11/95, St Louis 4/03, Columbus 5/10, MSGII 5/21/2010, Alpine Valley 09/03/2011 and 09/04/2011
  • Options
    Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    emotional rollercoaster of a show. amazing.
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    thatbeatthatbeat Posts: 34
    Unreal show, first time at MSG, and WOW! back in NC and I feel like i'm a world away from what happened friday night.
    thanks to 10C for the tixs and PJ for the wonderful show. i will never forget this experience. ever.
    i forgot to pick up a tour poster, do those usually go up in the goods section soon after a show? will definitely buy the boot of this one!
    for all those I met at the garden and in the city, thank you!

Tinroofecho.bandcamp.com
  • Options
    jadakidjadakid Posts: 64
    Still reeling from Friday night - absolutely phenomenal. Thursday night was awesome in itself, but they definitely topped themselves for night 2. I didn't see this mentioned anywhere, but didn't EV start off the show on Friday (even before Corduroy) by saying, "and away we go..." ? I'm pretty sure he did and I knew we were in for something special. These guys never cease to amaze
  • Options
    Glorified2030Glorified2030 Posts: 138
    absolutely amazing!
  • Options
    Glorified2030Glorified2030 Posts: 138
    absolutely amazing!
  • Options
    ShooterwalShooterwal Posts: 6
    I saw all 4 shows at the Spectrum and this show Friday night. And as amazing as this show was, I still do not think it compares to Philly 3.
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,028
    One Word - Incredible
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    PlayDeepPlayDeep Posts: 72
    Any idea when PJ is coming back to the US? Perhaps in the fall/winter??
    * Camden, NJ - Tweeter Center at the Waterfront - May 28, 2006
    * Camden, NJ - Susquehanna Bank Center - Jun 20, 2008
    * Philadelphia, PA - Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 28, 2009
    * New York, NY - Madison Square Garden - May 21, 2010

• Options
    PJ_LukinPJ_Lukin Posts: 2,049
    Still trying to come up with a decent way of explaining what this weekend was like. Back in '03 after night 1, I remember walking around for a couple of hours afterward almost in a daze. It is similar to that, but it doesn't seem to want to go away. Here I am, with 2 and 1/2 days gone by and I am still soaking in it. Just an incredible experience.

I truly believe that our expectations were so great, and our energy level so high, that it was impossible for this show to be anything but spectacular.
    ~!~ Peace ~!~ Love ~!~ Pearl Jam ~!~
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,548
    Shooterwal wrote:
    I saw all 4 shows at the Spectrum and this show Friday night. And as amazing as this show was, I still do not think it compares to Philly 3.

I know we're in the SMALL minority, but I have to agree with you %100. Was it a hell of a show? YES it was, and i'm glad i was in the building to enjoy it. Can hardly wait to see them there AGAIN!!!
  • Options
    Drum Machine89Drum Machine89 Posts: 2,157
    My dad and me loved this show so much!, wow, Breath, Black, Red and Yellow, Not for u, slow Lukin, the real me, present tense, great version of Alive, was just an awesome show!!!! :)

And it was our first time in NY, had a really good time, thanks New York! :D
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • Options
    releasemedcreleasemedc Posts: 48
    "It's not enough....I need more....nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to BREATHE to know I'm ALIVE"

My wound is still open from not getting into the building on Friday night, so no Youtube for me yet. It'll come soon.

But the Tool lyrics are absolutely fitting for me... After realizing that my original ticket was fake, I ran outside of MSG in complete and utter desperation and bought another ticket from a scalper. It was also fake. I almost never do stupid shit such as this, and if the situation were different and it was a friend who was running around like that, I would have been standing behind him or her, saying, "Make him show you the ticket. Make him walk up with you. That doesn't look like any ticket I've ever seen." But, no, I made a giant mistake.

As my friend who was with me that night explained, "Everyone has something that they just lose their mind for, do really stupid and extreme things for, without thinking. Drugs, gambling, whatever. Yours is Pearl Jam." So true.
    Vegas 12/1/93 & 7/11/98 -- SLC 11/2/95 -- San Diego 10/25/00 & 6/5/03 -- DC 5/30/06 & 6/22/08 -- SF 8/28/09 -- Philly 10/31/09, 10/21/13 & 10/22/13 -- Bristow 5/13/10 -- MSG 5/20/10 -- ATL 9/22/12 -- Baltimore 10/27/13 -- LA 11/24/13 -- Leeds 7/8/14 -- Denver 10/22/14

EVx5
  • Options
    RubberbandmanRubberbandman Posts: 439
    edited May 2010
    Amazing setlist, one of the better ones of this tour, wish i was there
    Post edited by Rubberbandman on
  • Options
    mooreb4mooreb4 Posts: 35
    13th show, best ever, they get better and better. betterman, black, the real me, hunger strike, alive!!!
  • Options
    GD274660GD274660 Posts: 514

My wound is still open from not getting into the building on Friday night, so no Youtube for me yet. It'll come soon.

But the Tool lyrics are absolutely fitting for me... After realizing that my original ticket was fake, I ran outside of MSG in complete and utter desperation and bought another ticket from a scalper. It was also fake. I almost never do stupid shit such as this, and if the situation were different and it was a friend who was running around like that, I would have been standing behind him or her, saying, "Make him show you the ticket. Make him walk up with you. That doesn't look like any ticket I've ever seen." But, no, I made a giant mistake.

As my friend who was with me that night explained, "Everyone has something that they just lose their mind for, do really stupid and extreme things for, without thinking. Drugs, gambling, whatever. Yours is Pearl Jam." So true.

....and the fact that the lyrics contain 2 PJ song titles they played at The Show on top of the meaning of the lyrics was just perfect to me.
    San Jose 10/93, San Francisco 6/95, San Jose 11/95, St Louis 4/03, Columbus 5/10, MSGII 5/21/2010, Alpine Valley 09/03/2011 and 09/04/2011
  • Options
    megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420

i do all of those. pearl jam is the healthiest..i think

i truly believe that friday night is the most fun i've ever had in my life. i just had a few beers so wasn't drunk. just a natural high that i'm still coming down from.
  • Options
    Mr. BeeksMr. Beeks Posts: 103
  • Options
    llovellove Posts: 106
    GD274660 wrote:

I'm with you
    makes much more sense, to live in the present tense
  • Options
    Again... don't think anything will top Closing The Spectrum on Halloween, but this pair of shows kicked, both for their own reasons. As far as MSG2, by the time Better Man came up in Philly4, the crowd was spent... it was over 3 hours at that point, but don't get me wrong... it still was impressive crowd participation. However, in MSG we were INSANE.... holy shit... can't remember ever hearing the crowd in The Garden so loud. That was amazing. And having Why Go be the last song of the first set instead of the opening song (which it was in Philly) was a HUUUUUUUGE difference.... damn they tore that up. So many other highlights... thanks guys!
    Last Philly Spectrum Show - Halloween 2009
    MSG 1 & 2 2010
    Montreal 2011
    Missoula 2012
    Seattle 2013
    Denver 2014
    Central Park NYC 2015
    Sunrise 2016
    Wrigley 2 2016
    Seattle 1 2018
    ~~~~~~~
    EV NYC 2 2011
    RNDM NYC 2012
    TOTD SF 2016

Highlights Of Last Spectrum Show
    Mike DESTROYING in Seattle 2013

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro" - HST

Instagram (great concert shots of many bands):  concertaholic
  • Options
    rb115565rb115565 Posts: 222
    Pretty interesting set-list
    5/30/03 9/2/05 9/4/05 9/5/05 7/22/06 7/23/06 9/21/09 9/22/09 9/21/11 9/22/11
  • Options
    Mr. BeeksMr. Beeks Posts: 103
    do yourselves a favor and search in youtube for *Lukin Slow version*- in HD from the show. holy
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    Only my 2nd PJ show (first was the night before) and all I can say is OH MY GOSH.
    What a magical night.
    It felt like nothing I've ever felt before- such a rush of emotions.

I made a thread sharing my experience in detail here, if you want to read:
    http://community.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=133267

I can't even believe that was real. Amazing, magical, incredible aren't even accurate enough to describe the sheer awesomeness of this show!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    samjam wrote:
    Only my 2nd PJ show (first was the night before) and all I can say is OH MY GOSH.
    What a magical night.
    It felt like nothing I've ever felt before- such a rush of emotions.

I made a thread sharing my experience in detail here, if you want to read:
    http://community.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=133267

I can't even believe that was real. Amazing, magical, incredible aren't even accurate enough to describe the sheer awesomeness of this show!

One HELL of a second show.. consider yourself blessed my friend :D
  • Options
    mavimavi Posts: 941
    Can't concentrate at work!! Keep going back to MSG and I swear if I close my eyes I can feel the energy and get goosebumps, just thinking about it.

I am deeply sad it's over, but also have a sense of gratitude and belonging that is very powerful and hard to explain.
    "He who hears music, feels his solitude peopled at once" R. Browning