Options

*** MSG 2 Fanviews Here 5/21/10 ***

Comments

• Options
    in eds treein eds tree Denver Posts: 539
    nycrats wrote:
    i need to get on a plane to europe ! it was just too good last night, i want to go back in time..

i wish i could go back in time and freeze myself there with that crowd and the best band in the world forever.
    keep on rockin' in the free world.
  • Options
    GD274660GD274660 Posts: 514
    My only complaint was they should have left Sweet Lew out.

I just told someone in a PM that maybe they enjoy the hell outta playing Sweet Lew and for all the pleasure we got out of the show last night, Is Sweet Lew too much to give them? Especially seeing Ed with the basketball throughout the song.....I liked the experience of seeing the song live.
    San Jose 10/93, San Francisco 6/95, San Jose 11/95, St Louis 4/03, Columbus 5/10, MSGII 5/21/2010, Alpine Valley 09/03/2011 and 09/04/2011
  • Options
    thatiskingthatisking Staten Island, NY Posts: 44
    Just sitting here reading the boards trying to decompress from seeing 5 shows in 7 days. As it has been stated many times in these pages ... last night was something special, just an amazing experience. We were in Sec 124 row D, Great Section rocking out all night. So many highlights ... just amazing! Big thanks to PJ & the 10c
  • Options
    1vs51vs5 Posts: 289
    I rarely go into the fanviews to share my experience.
    But last night's show was so EPIC. No other word to describe it.
    A DVD would be great, obv.

Im scared to say it, but if they never release a boot or dvd for it... I would understand.
  • Options
    The crowd makes this show better than Philly 4, as the rarities equaled or surpassed pHILLY 4.

i finally heard HUNGER STRIKE! that at McCready playing guitar walking around behind his head during kick out the jams...sent it over the edge!!!

Let's see Lukin II was the 'BUGS" or maybe it was black, red, and yellow...Push me pull me again...I've seen I'm Open I think all 3 times, I believe Hartford '08, and Chicago I, (correct me if I am wrong). SWEET LEW!!!

I could go on and on, but am bummed this is the end of the tour....I wish I had changed plans and went to newark too....and wishing I was going to Europe...perhaps a fall tour HERE? Canada?

PEACE TO ALL JAMMERS!!

Christopher
  • Options
    GD274660 wrote:

I just told someone in a PM that maybe they enjoy the hell outta playing Sweet Lew and for all the pleasure we got out of the show last night, Is Sweet Lew too much to give them? Especially seeing Ed with the basketball throughout the song.....I liked the experience of seeing the song live.

Hey, to each their own. They can enjoy playing it, I just don't care to hear it.
    When FASCISM Comes To America
    it will be wrapped in the FLAG and
    carrying a CROSS.
  • Options
    1vs5 wrote:

Im scared to say it, but if they never release a boot or dvd for it... I would understand.

I wouldn't understand. People want it, why don't we deserve it?
    carrying a CROSS.
  • Options
    GD274660 wrote:

just a little confused as how someone can have a "complaint" about last night...i haven't even fully processed it!
  • Options
    thatisking wrote:
    Just sitting here reading the boards trying to decompress from seeing 5 shows in 7 days. As it has been stated many times in these pages ... last night was something special, just an amazing experience. We were in Sec 124 row D, Great Section rocking out all night. So many highlights ... just amazing! Big thanks to PJ & the 10c

sec 124 row a...great sections to be in. amazing vibe.
  • Options
    The crowd makes this show better than Philly 4, as the rarities equaled or surpassed pHILLY 4.

I could go on and on, but am bummed this is the end of the tour....I wish I had changed plans and went to newark too....and wishing I was going to Europe...perhaps a fall tour HERE? Canada?

They were great in Newark, but the crowd was the polar opposite. It was unbelievable the difference.
    carrying a CROSS.
  • Options
    TresentPenseTresentPense New York City Posts: 551
    Can't say anything about last night that hasn't already been said - unbelievable experience that I would relive each and every day if given the chance to.

That said, I sat in sec 6, row 3, and the couple next to me in seats 1&2 left halfway through "Courdory" never to return. Granted I enjoyed the luxury of the added space but what the hell were these people thinking? Sometimes I just don't understand people. I don't know how they could have had a 'better' pair of seats or something.
    '98: 8/22
    '00: 8/23 8/24 8/25
    '03: 4/30 7/2 7/3 7/8 7/9 7/11
    '04: 10/1
    '06: 5/13 5/27 5/28 6/1 6/3
    '08: 6/24 6/25 6/27 6/28 7/1
    '09: 10/30 10/31
    '10: 5/15 5/18 5/20 5/21 6/25
    '11: 9/3 9/4
    '12: 9/2 9/22
    '13: 7/19 10/18 10/19 10/21 10/22 11/23 11/24
    '14: 10/19
    '15: 9/26
    '16: 4/8 4/9 4/11 4/28 4/29 5/1 5/2 8/5 8/7
    '17: RNRHOF 4/17
    '18: 9/2 9/4
    '21: 9/18
  • Options
    1vs51vs5 Posts: 289
    1vs5 wrote:

Of course everyone deserves to hear it. Shit, I cant WAIT to listen to it again too.
    I just can't imagine the boot capturing what happened.

LUKIN II was highlight for me. And there were many highlights.
  • Options
    vitodacatvitodacat Posts: 471
    I basically echo everyones comments on here....what a magical night in a magical arena

It was if when Ed was making the setlist for this night, whatever opener he was thinking of, he just said, fuck it, we're starting with Corduroy and starting these mutherfuckers out rockin right away ( excuse the language, but hey, it is what it is).

When the "waves came crashing like a fist to the jaw", well from then on until the last note of RVM, I don't think I could hear myself think.....that was just insane

And that ovation in the pause during Betterman, holy geez !!!!!!!!! I looked up to the sky to make sure the roof didnt come off MSG. Ive been in that building a million times...other PJ shows, a few other concerts, many Knick games, many Ranger games, college hoops..and I have NEVER heard it as loud as it was that point last night.

Section 55....great job rockin out ( except you, girl in front of me who passed out during Got Some, and who might still be sitting there).

And thank you Pearl Jam, for once again, time and time again, never failing to completely amaze me. What a night to end a magical run of shows. See you soon (hopefully !!!)

And now, let the depression begin.

*Official Marker in the Sand Fan Club Junkie*
    Member # 0003

wont let the light escape from me
    wont let the darkness swallow me
  • Options
    1vs5 wrote:
    1vs5 wrote:

Of course everyone deserves to hear it. Shit, I cant WAIT to listen to it again too.
    I just can't imagine the boot capturing what happened.

LUKIN II was highlight for me. And there were many highlights.

Your right, a bootleg will never be able to harness the energy from that crowd.

But imagine if it could. That would be really amazing. Maybe technology will catch up one day. I can see myself lying on my bed and feeling like I am in the middle of MSG. I guess we have to find that space in our own mind.
    carrying a CROSS.
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,749
    vitodacat wrote:

And that ovation in the pause during Betterman, holy geez !!!!!!!!!

yeah this was pretty amazing. it really was a big "thank you" from the crowd to the band. As if to say, "hold off with the singing for one second while we let you know how much we appropriate you."
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    Just got back from NYC. It was outstanding. I'll write a full fanview after I get some sleep.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Options
    PearlJamPatriotPearlJamPatriot Posts: 2,426
    WOW. I finally won the lottery and it was 2nd row dead center. What a night to finally win it. Ill tell you, this run of northeast shows were all great. Seriously some of the best shows ive been too. Im still flying high, but I feel like I am going to crash pretty hard into a post tour depression because I really had just an amazing week. I love this band so much my friends were calling me crazy because some guy offered me $800 dollars for my pair of tickets when he saw I scored 2nd row. I just couldnt find it in myself to sell the things. He started at $500 and went all the way top $800! I dont regret it at all!
    And hey, I met a bunch of great people at the pre-party, wish I could remember everyone's name, but I cant, but hello to everyone! It was great meeting all of you. Hopefully we will all see each other sooner than later!!!

Oh, and I finally got Black, red, yellow!!! I have been dying to hear that. One of many highlights. Hunger Strike was sick too!
    Pearl Jam Shows: 1998 - 9/11 New York, NY (MSG night 2); 9/13 Hartford, CT || 2000 - 8/24 Wantagh, NY (Jones Beach 2); 8/27 Saratoga Springs; 8/29 Mansfield, MA (night 1); 8/30 Mansfield, MA (night 2) || 2003 - 4/29 Albany, NY; 5/3 State College, PA; 7/2 Mansfield (night 1); 7/6 Camden, NJ (night 2); 7/8 New York, NY (MSG night 1) || 2004 - 9/28 Boston, MA (night 1); 9/29 Boston, MA (night 2) || 2005 - 10/3 Philadelphia, PA || 2006 - 5/12 Albany, NY; 5/13 Hartford, CT; 5/24 Boston, MA (night 1); 5/25 Boston, MA (night 2); 5/27 Camden, NJ (night 1); 5/28 Camden, NJ (night 2)|| 2008 - 6/19 Camden, NJ (night 1); 6/24 New York, NY (MSG night 1); 6/25 New York, NY (MSG night 2); 6/27 Hartford, CT; 6/28 Mansfield, MA (night 1); 6/30 Mansfield, MA (night 2); 7/1 New York, NY (Beacon Theater)|| 2009 - 9/21 Seattle, WA (night 1); 9/22 Seattle, WA (night 2); 10/27 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 1); 10/28 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 2); 10/30 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 3); 10/31 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 4)|| 2010 - 5/15 Hartford, CT; 5/17 Boston, MA; 5/20 New York, NY (MSG night 1); 5/21 New York, NY (MSG night 2)|| 2011 - 9/3 East Troy, WI (PJ20); 9/4 East Troy, WI (PJ20) || 2012 - 9/2 Philadelphia, PA, 9/30 Missoula, MT || 2013 - 7/19 Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), 10/12 Buffalo, NY, 10/15 Worcester, MA (night 1), 10/16 Worcester, MA (night 2), 10/18 Brooklyn, NY (night 1), 10/19 Brooklyn, NY (night 2), 10/25 Hartford, CT || 2014 - 10/22 Denver, CO || 2015 -  9/26 New York, NY (Global Citizen Festival) || 2016 - 5/1 New York, NY (night 1), 5/2 New York, NY (night 2), 8/5 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 1), 8/7 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 2) || 2018 - 9/2 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 1) || 2020 - 3/30 New York, NY
    Eddie Vedder solo: 2008 - Boston night 1 & 2 || 2009 - Albany, NY night 1 & 2 || 2011 - Hartford, CT, Boston, MA

• Options
    traveljunkietraveljunkie Posts: 663
    After the last Spectrum show and the high I felt, I remember saying on the way home "I'm good for awhile. I don't want to have anything compete with the memories I have from these last few shows." I feel that way again today, but maybe even more so.

Agree with what so many of you have already said - magical show. The absolute highlight for me was Hunger Strike. I never even allowed myself to think it might happen, so when that first chord struck ... I was completely overwhelmed and got all choked up. And then to see so many people around me hugging and high fiving after it - feeling exactly what I felt ... so wonderful. I'm getting choked up again thinking about it right now!

Ahhh. Thank you Pearl Jam. Thank you everyone who was there. Memorable night, indeed!
    “I worked really hard on this set. I just told you we’re gonna have a great night, so I don’t need any fuckin’ help from anybody.” EV, 7/2/09
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    thatisking wrote:

OHHHH Yeah it was :mrgreen:
    I really fed off you and your pals energy :mrgreen:
    I still do not know what to write... It might be my favorite concert ever....
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    redvedderredvedder Posts: 56
    Absolutely amazing. A love-fest between the band and the crowd. I can't begin to tell you how many times I had goose bumps last night.
    "Oh dear dad, can you see me now? I am myself, like you somehow."

CAMDEN 8.29.98{}CAMDEN 9.2.00{}SPECTRUM 4.28.03{}CAMDEN 7.5.03{}CAMDEN 7.6.03{}WACHOVIA 10.3.05{}CAMDEN 5.27.06{}CAMDEN 5.28.06{}CAMDEN 6.19.08{}CAMDEN 6.20.08{} MANSFIELD 6.28.08{}EV @ Tower Theater 6.12.09{}SPECTRUM 10.28.09{}SPECTRUM 10.30.09{}SPECTRUM (RIP) 10.31.09{}MSG 5.21.10{}EV @ Tower Theater 6.25.11{}Alpine Valley 9.3.11{}Alpine Valley 9.4.11
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    classic garden party
    what a way to end the tour
    great show
  • Options
    thatisking wrote:

OHHHH Yeah it was :mrgreen:
    I really fed off you and your pals energy :mrgreen:
    I still do not know what to write... It might be my favorite concert ever....

:wave: your boy was such a trooper. i was so happy he got unthought known! what a doll. brain is just spinning.
  • Options
    PJ_LukinPJ_Lukin Posts: 2,049
    Thursday night was great, Friday night was.......truly indescribable.

I was able to get my hands on a set list from Thursday, but Friday night was the highlight for me by far. I have been to a ton of shows, and I have to say that the 30 seconds during Betterman was as close as a band and it's fans can come to becoming one. Simply a moment of connection, shared respect and love that I will carry with me for the rest of my days.

It is almost 24 hours later and I am still trying to come up with words to explain just how great this show was.

Thank you Pearl Jam, and thank you to the great fans @ MSG I & II.
    ~!~ Peace ~!~ Love ~!~ Pearl Jam ~!~
  • Options
    brokenarrowbrokenarrow Posts: 478
    As so many have said here, and said so well, last night was unbelievable.

I don't even know what to add to that, just, wow!

8th row Mike's side, beautiful tickets. Thank you Ten Club for once again allowing me to have such wonderful seats.

wow!

Still trying to wrap my head around that show last night, it was all over the place.

~bliss~

:);)

and hanging out with some of the most beautiful friends anyone could wish for? Just the icing and cherry on top of it all~
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    Did anyone notice at one point when Ed ran to the side of the stage and some dude stared at his ass for like a minute? I thought maybe he ripped his pants from rocking out so hard :mrgreen:

Anyone else notice that?

Goddammmit I need a DVD of the entire show NOW!! I want to relive each moment everyday for the rest of my life.
  • Options
    EmptyarmsEmptyarms Posts: 1
    Killer show last night! loved the little tribute (Heaven and Hell) to Ronnie James Dio during Alive. Every show seems to be better than the last! Thank you Pearl Jam!!!!
    Continental Arena 6/01/06, MSG 6/25/08, Spectrum 10/30/09, MSG 5/20/10, MSG 5/21/10
  • Options
    JohnnyUtahJohnnyUtah Posts: 96
    Had a great tiem, but did anyone else suffer sound mixing issues? In my section, 204, either the acoustics or the sound mix were way off and the vocals were inconsistent. The nice couple in the row in front of me agreed that the vocals sounded drowned out. Didn't know if it was our section of others had similar issues. None the less, incredible show.
  • Options
    Chasea22Chasea22 Posts: 33
    It's hard for me to put into words just how unbelievably incredible the show was. It was a profoundly moving experience.
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    JohnnyUtah wrote:
    Had a great tiem, but did anyone else suffer sound mixing issues? In my section, 204, either the acoustics or the sound mix were way off and the vocals were inconsistent. The nice couple in the row in front of me agreed that the vocals sounded drowned out. Didn't know if it was our section of others had similar issues. None the less, incredible show.
    you are right
    the sound was distorted and a bit muffled compared to some of the other venues
  • Options
    phungiphungi Posts: 640
    Get_Right wrote:
    JohnnyUtah wrote:
    you are right
    the sound was distorted and a bit muffled compared to some of the other venues

no problems in the floor (Section 10) but a friend in 222 said the same thing...
    37 PJ Shows, 3 EV Shows, 1134 Total Songs, 24 Different Openers, 9 Different Closers, 252 Unique Songs (never enough)