Options

*** MSG 2 Fanviews Here 5/21/10 ***

Comments

• Options
    spearheadspearhead Posts: 600
    Wow ... there was just so much unbelievable emotion in that room Friday night ... and to read all these heartfelt testaments to what we saw and heard ... it really makes me proud to have been there, and to be a part of such a great group of people! I realized it before, but hanging at the pre party showed me again what a really cool bunch of people I've met because of our love for this band. That was one of the most intense musical experiences I have ever had ... I've seen the band more than 30 times, in three different countries under just about all circumstances, including the Philly 4, and even way back to Randall's Island, many times at MSG too, but that was as satisfying as the Pearl Jam high gets for me!

Thanks to every one who made it possible:

The best band in the world!
    The best fans in the world!
    Thanks TenClub!
    My wife for letting me cut loose every time Pearl Jam comes around!
    I was alone and far away when I heard the band start playing!

...I was always a DeadHead, but when I first heard Winston Rodney, aka the Burning Spear, sing, I became a SpearHead too!
  • Options
    over bendsover bends Posts: 1,568
    Everytime I go to a show where they play rearviewmirror someone claims it's the best version ever. Thing is, I can't disagree ever. The song gets better and better everytime they play it.
    Yield!

3 Decibels Doubles the Volume

• Options
    anyone else been watching Hunger Strike in HD video from the front row on repeat? As soon as the boot comes out, if someone can link up the sound to that, it would be incredibe...
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,625
    Still recovering from the weekend. I blew my calf muscle out a week earlier and two nights of PJ shows and maneuvering around NYC have made matters worse. However I wouldnt have done a thing differently.

MSG II. What a great show. I was in Section 9 Row G. I said early on that Jeff was a ball of energy. It turns out that all members of the band were blazing all night long. Insane energy out of the band and the crowd reciprocated. Even Boom was bouncing all over the place. My 16th show and right off the bat Ill stick it at #2 ahead of Philly II and IV.

Black Red and Yellow was awesome. Better than I thought it would be. Really good live song.

Sweet Lew was a lot better than at Philly 4. They played it much better and Jeff looked a lot looser and animated as he belted out the lyrics. I wish Eddie fired the ball 30 rows back again.

Lukin 2 was great. The skin a cat banter was hilarious. Then he started playing... everyone was like "what?" and then it hit everyone at the same time and everyone just laughed, then went nuts.

Hunger Strike... Wow, Ben killed it. I love how pumped he looked everytime he realized it.

Given To Fly. Kinda overlooked due to its common play, but Ive never seen anything like this at a concert. Just unreal crowd participation. Almost 100% of the crowd as loud as they can. It was strange... before Thursday's show, I was telling my friend that GTF is one of my Live favorites and he totally disagreed. After the version Friday he looked at me and was just astonished at that rendition.

RVM rocked. As per usual. Betterman very good with the crowd. I loved him holding the "W.M.A." sign when the tag for Daughter was about to go off.

Present Tense kicked all sorts of ass too but so many highlights.... And Grievance always rocks out,

The only negative is the couple in front of me. The constant phone calls to people for them to hear the show.... "Steph" and whoever else was very distracting and obnoxious. I dont mind occasional photos, arms raising, pumping, etc.... but to hold the phone high up in front of you for 3-4 songs blocks people's views. Both of you were calling people and holding the phones up to hear like it makes a difference. The phone could be at your side or near your chests and it would not distract 10 other people. Luckily it stopped at Breath
  • Options
    Tuolumne MamaTuolumne Mama Posts: 1,210
    On a side note, besides being in the 3rd row, I was the Pittsburgh lady at the preparty previously mentioned who lived in NYC in the late 70's and hung with the Ramones and the Stooges back in the day kicking it old school. I was also fortunate enough that night to get what I think was the last PJ - MSGII shirt with the Joey Ramone Place sign and street view on it for my son. Touched my heart when I saw it bringing back many good memories of my restless soul who's still enjoying my youth at 50. What a night! Still absorbing the emotions from that night and it was the closest thing to the mythological Feast of the Bacchanals with Ed as our Dionysus whipping us into a frenzy of ecstasy and mutual admiration and love. We were fortunate to see 4 shows this tour. MSGII was the crowning achievement to my 19 years seeing them including 4 shows with Uncle Neil and numerous other incredible catches over the years along with the Philly Spectrum shows. I think sometimes the world might be a little better, kinder place if everyone experienced the unconditional love and admiration between the guys in Pearl Jam and the people who have supported them over the years as well as those seeing their first shows. In this crazy world I am always happy to have my secret haven where I can feel the closest thing that I believe John Lennon meant when he wrote Imagine.You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one... Sorry if this sounds overtly emotional but right now mine are still very raw and real. My only wish now is to get tickets to their 20th anniversary show if they have one... ever the dreamer. Thanks for allowing me to share my thoughts.
    ======================================================================
    "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal." Albert Pine.

• Options
    ragejoeragejoe Agawam Mass Posts: 1,413
    lostdawg wrote:
    My 30th show and first at Madison Square Garden.
    I loved the building and the show.
    Was one of the lucky ones to get a poster.
    Drove solo to the show from Mass.
    Hearing Black Red Yellow was the highlight for me. I do agree Sweet Lew is a waste.
    Loved the covers in the 2nd encore.
    I went to Hartford, Boston and MSG2 and all three shows were great. Hartford being my least favorite.
    So happy I went.

Did not like the traffic on 95 in CT on the way home.
    Went down to one lane for construction at 1:30 in the morning.
    Would have been home at 3 and instead did not get home until 4.

Thats cool bro, that was my 30th show too... Also from Mass...haha def a top 5 for me... right up their with Boston 3 03 Philly 3 & 4 last year... and i really loved MSG 03 1st show

amazing performance, its an amazing feeling to be in that building with that kind of energy goin down... its such a high...

Love everything about this band... i really feel apart of something with all the other 10 clubbers and stuff... and it really is so Awesome that the Band acknowledges all of this ... their response to their fans energy and interest is the best thing... no other band that I know of responds to their fans the way Pearl Jam does...

30 down for me... and i really hope there is atleast 30 to go!
    1998 Tour- Hartford 9/13
    2000 Tour- Saratoga 8/27 Boston 8/29, 8/30
    2003 Tour- Albany 4/29 Boston 7/2,7/3,7/11 Philadelphia 7/5,7/6 MSG 7/8,7/9
    2004 Tour-
    Boston 9/28,9/29
    2006 Tour-
    Albany 5/12 Hartford 5/13 Boston 5/24,5/25
    2008 Tour-
    MSG 6/24,6/25 Hartford 6/27 Boston 6/28,6/30 Eddie- Boston 8/1
    2009 Tour-
    Eddie- Albany 6/9 Philly Spectrum- 10/30, 10/31
    2010 Tour-
    Hartford 5/15 MSG 5/20,5/21
    2011 Tour-
    Eddie- Hartford 6/18
    2013 Tour- Worcester,MA 10/15,10/16 Hartford 10/25
    2016 Tour- MSG 5/1,5/2 FENWAY 8/5,8/7
    2018 Tour- Fenway 9/2, 9/4 (My 40th show)!
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    Its been quite a while since I've written a review about a show. Everyone that knows me KNOWS that i am not the type to go to shows to compare or complain or even brag. However.......I've been to some of the best shows including Philly last year. Everyone hyped them up and said Philly would be the best of all time. While I am not a big fan of the city itself, the shows were GREAT. I always tell people that Boston shows are the ones you NEVER want to miss. The Newark SETLIST (not the crowd)was AMAZING!!! I got my Immortality that I requested!!! :D Hartford was unbelievable. I felt like I was home during the show because there was so much energy and comfort and FUN going on. Plus, Pearl Jam shows are the only place you feel normal for speaking in lyrics or being hyper over music!!! :D

Now MSG.........WOOOOOOOOOO!!! THAT PLACE is where the boys should ALWAYS only play. Keep in mind that I am from California so this is not an east coast pride thing. Somehow all the east coast always thinks they are better-Boston is better than New York, New York is better than everywhere else and on and on. The thing is? EVERYONE came from different states, countries, coasts, to make up the MSG crowd. That place, that crowd, that ENERGY is the best I have ever seen!!! I dont EVER complain about crowds cuz who the eff cares! But when ure at Newark and the ENTIRE section is sitting, its noticeable! MSG, EVERYONE was up on their feet! The people nexxxt to me were standing and jumping and fist pumping (not like champs) :D and when they sat out a song or two, they were still singing!!! People at MSG were effin EXXXCITED!!!! I heard some of the "locals" say the crowd wasnt that good. Thats SNOBVILLE speak!!!! I took time to look around and view the crowd because its as if everyone was in love with the band. I stopped to get video footage on friday night because i effin LOVED that everyone was dancing, jumping, singing at the top of their lungs. MSG definitely knows how to party. I feel very fortunate to have been a part of these shows and I will ALWAYS see a show there. Great crowd great energy great performance by the boys. The crowd participation for Betterman was INSANE. THAT is the way to do shows baby! The only thing that pissed me off beyond belief was that there was no EVENFLOW friday night. ON FLOWIN FRIDAY!!!!! WTF!!!!!! :evil:

Thanks to EVERYONE that was there for making up the best crowd ever during my first MSG exxxperience. Vinn, you were missed for sure! Sweet Slu....i LOVE you and LOVE being EXXXCITED with you!!!! Thanks ten club for not letting me win the lottery because our seats were FANTASTIC and allowed us to make the show even more special by sharing seats with family. Another time another place. And the east coast exxxperience would be like plain and bland dumpy pea soup without "Spicy Special Sauce" that makes EVERYTHING fabulous!!! ;) Thank You!
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,940
    SENROCK wrote:
    Its been quite a while since I've written a review about a show. Everyone that knows me KNOWS that i am not the type to go to shows to compare or complain or even brag. However.......I've been to some of the best shows including Philly last year. Everyone hyped them up and said Philly would be the best of all time. While I am not a big fan of the city itself, the shows were GREAT. I always tell people that Boston shows are the ones you NEVER want to miss. The Newark SETLIST (not the crowd)was AMAZING!!! I got my Immortality that I requested!!! :D Hartford was unbelievable. I felt like I was home during the show because there was so much energy and comfort and FUN going on. Plus, Pearl Jam shows are the only place you feel normal for speaking in lyrics or being hyper over music!!! :D

Now MSG.........WOOOOOOOOOO!!! THAT PLACE is where the boys should ALWAYS only play. Keep in mind that I am from California so this is not an east coast pride thing. Somehow all the east coast always thinks they are better-Boston is better than New York, New York is better than everywhere else and on and on. The thing is? EVERYONE came from different states, countries, coasts, to make up the MSG crowd. That place, that crowd, that ENERGY is the best I have ever seen!!! I dont EVER complain about crowds cuz who the eff cares! But when ure at Newark and the ENTIRE section is sitting, its noticeable! MSG, EVERYONE was up on their feet! The people nexxxt to me were standing and jumping and fist pumping (not like champs) :D and when they sat out a song or two, they were still singing!!! People at MSG were effin EXXXCITED!!!! I heard some of the "locals" say the crowd wasnt that good. Thats SNOBVILLE speak!!!! I took time to look around and view the crowd because its as if everyone was in love with the band. I stopped to get video footage on friday night because i effin LOVED that everyone was dancing, jumping, singing at the top of their lungs. MSG definitely knows how to party. I feel very fortunate to have been a part of these shows and I will ALWAYS see a show there. Great crowd great energy great performance by the boys. The crowd participation for Betterman was INSANE. THAT is the way to do shows baby! The only thing that pissed me off beyond belief was that there was no EVENFLOW friday night. ON FLOWIN FRIDAY!!!!! WTF!!!!!! :evil:

Thanks to EVERYONE that was there for making up the best crowd ever during my first MSG exxxperience. Vinn, you were missed for sure! Sweet Slu....i LOVE you and LOVE being EXXXCITED with you!!!! Thanks ten club for not letting me win the lottery because our seats were FANTASTIC and allowed us to make the show even more special by sharing seats with family. Another time another place. And the east coast exxxperience would be like plain and bland dumpy pea soup without "Spicy Special Sauce" that makes EVERYTHING fabulous!!! ;) Thank You!

Plus we were in the same building! :D

I didn't have the chance to meet some great fellow jammers but at least we shared the MSG2 show (EPIC show)
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    arq wrote:
    SENROCK wrote:

Plus we were in the same building! :D

I didn't have the chance to meet some great fellow jammers but at least we shared the MSG2 show (EPIC show)

I KNOWWWW!!!!!!! I knew you were there but didnt know how to find you! Good times!!!!
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    CR68574CR68574 Queens, NY Posts: 4
    this show was truly amazing, people say it but through all the years, this years halloween show, randalls island, other garden shows, bonnaroo friday was out of control. hunger strike enough said.... want more and thank you, fine wine baby, they get better with age
  • Options
    goatsper wrote:
    not to top a certain fun guy, but i went to msg 2 with my 11 yr old son, caleb...his first pj show..now this kid has seen alot of bands.the stones, the police, the killers, weezer, phish...etc ...already in his long life.. i tried to prepare him for the night, as pj was not his fav band....lucky for him years of brainwashing, in the car had him singing along to black, betterman, and most impressive, grievance....to look over and see him yelling "don't give blood and take it back again "" was wortth the trip to nyc.." I could really feel the building shaking ", he said afterwards....suffice to say he won't be missing another show....you'll go to two nights in a row, i asked..."hell yea " he said....good times!!!!!

Have been a huge fan since my first show in 1993......MSG2 was my second show with all 3 of my kids (17,14 and 11) just an amazing experience to see with the 3 most important people in my life....they loved it and we rocked out the whole night......one of the greatest nights I have ever had.....they were very touched by the emotion and energy of the night....still smiling
  • Options
    in eds treein eds tree Denver Posts: 539
    i still can't believe what i just saw. the audio on my computer is busted but i have watched a few videos without it anyway, just to watch them.

i'm glad i was not the only one who literally had tears streaming down their face during the show...ed, i'm lookin' at you!! haha

i can't stop replaying the night's events in my head...
    keep on rockin' in the free world.
  • Options
    just got home from my brothers apt in newark after doing the last three shows of the tour.

Friday was simply religious. there really is no highlights because all of the songs stood out. The crowd energy was out of control from the first notes of corduroy. i felt the floor shake during RVM and i was in section 220.

Thanks to the band, to msg, and mostly to the fans. My brother and i were sitting next to this awesome chick from boston, who had no voice at all during the show but still belted out every song, and an awesome mets fan (not to often i say that) behind us. They let us chill and do what we needed to do during the show.

Great time, never ever ever going to forget this.
    E. Rutherford 6/03/06
    Camden 6/19/08
    Newark 5/18/10
    MSG 5/20/10
    MSG 5/21/10
    Brian (Staten Island): Does Boom even speak to you guys?

SportsNation Jeff Ament: (6:42 PM ET ) we can only speak to Boom when spoken to...
  • Options
    Such a great show, no words can express how amazing this show was. This was my first show and has forever changed how I feel about pearl jam.
    Now it seems like too much love, is never enough.

MSG 2 5-21-10
    Eddie Vedder Beacon 2 6-22-11
  • Options
    Such a great show, no words can express how amazing this show was. This was my first show and has forever changed how I feel about pearl jam.

oh shit. haha. what a show to pop the cherry! :lol:
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    The Slow version of Lukin sounded great: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCNHb-XW1PI
  • Options
    JM62957JM62957 Minneapolis, MN Posts: 8
    2 days later and I still don't have the words (or voice!) to describe this show. I have seen Pearl Jam now half a dozen times, and this show is obviously the pinnacle. I had tears several times, and let a couple loose during Better Man and Hunger Strike. The crowd singing along to Better Man was unreal. Black Red Yellow was incredible. Slow Lukin was beautiful. Nothingman with the crowd singing along was amazing. I absolutely cannot wait to get this show. My friends and I traveled from MN and ND to be there. I only wish my brother Erik could have been there, from Seattle...it is because of him that I got into Pearl Jam in the first place. Thanks PJ for a life changing experience in NYC. Best band. Best fans. Best show.
    Minneapolis - Jun 30 1998East Troy - Oct 8 2000Denver - Apr 1 2003Fargo - Jun 15 2003NYC - May 21 2010East Troy / PJ20 - Sep 3 2011East Troy / PJ20 - Sep 4 2011Seattle - Dec 6 2013St. Louis - Oct 3 2014St. Paul - Oct 19 2014 Chicago - Aug 20 & 22 2016 NYC - May 1 & 2 2016 NYC - April 7 2017 Seattle - Aug 8 & 10 2018 Missoula - Aug 13 2018 Denver - Sep 22 2022 
  • Options
    I went with a good girl friend of mine, it was also her first show. Definitely had an amazing night. Let's all say it together now... THANK YOU EDDIE.
    I was sitting 3 rows behind that girl with the white peace sign that Eddie took, so I have some pretty great pics from super close behind the stage. Getting to see most of my favorite album (vitalogy; SPIN THE BLACK CIRCLE was a dream come true!) was such an incredible experience, and then Hunger Strike... I honestly thought my knees were going to give out. I think a previous post said something like "I didn't know whether to laugh, cry, or shit my pants."
    I feel that, friend. It was insane.

That was *almost* too much to handle... haha.
  • Options
    STLJOESTLJOE St. Louis, MO Posts: 132
    I have been going to concerts since 1976 and have seen hundreds of shows including 11 PJ shows,and this was by far the most incredible concert experience of my life. I feel so lucky to have been there. This will likely never be topped.
    3/14/94; 4/22/03; 7/9/03; 10/5/04; 5/17/06; 8/2/07; 8/5/07; 8/23/09; 5/4/10; 5/9/10; 5/20/10; 5/21/10; 9/3/11; 9/4/11; 9/2/12; 9/21/12; 7/19/13; 11/15/13; 11/16/13; 12/4/13; 12/6/13
  • Options
    Dirtie_FrankDirtie_Frank Posts: 1,348
    I still am in shock from what happened to me on Friday.

It all started Friday morning. I headed North from Maryland, just south of DC, to meet my brother-in-law. I made it to his place in near record time, now the significance of this is, if you did not know the NJ turnpike was shut down going north to about noon and I missed all that traffic. So we hang out at his place, get right, and then head to the train station. By the clock we missed the train but we decided to go to the platform just in case. As soon as we get there the train was just about to leave, just made it. The conductor never charged us on top of that. I headed right to get my Fan Club tickets. At first I thought I won the lottery, I read my seat number as my section and thought my seats were section 4 row K. Well my tickets were still fucking awesome section 61 row K, more on that in a minute. We then go walking to go to the pre-party, sorry we never made it. While walking I hear J playing at a bar called Pig and Whistle. Those bartender were awesome giving us free shot and beer. SO we head into the garden, this is my first time in the garden since I have seen sesame street live so 25 years. Sit in my seats and let the music take control of my mind and body. The entire section was awesome. The entire crowd was awesome. This band never seems to fail in making me feel more amazed. This place was rocking so hard and so loud. It is hard to remember what happened and not because of the drinks but of the sheer bliss that was pulsating through my body. Thank you Ten Club, thank you Pearl Jam, and thank you to my wife who seems to understand what this band means to me.
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    00 Virginia Beach;Camden I; Jones Beach III
    05 Borgata Night I; Wachovia Center
    06 Letterman Show; Webcast (guy in blue shirt), Camden I; DC
    08 Camden I; Camden II; DC
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • Options
    Nittany1bnNittany1bn Near Philadelphia Posts: 214
    i went to newark, and i thought "wow, what a great show" I went to MSG1 and i thought "wow, that blew newark away" after reading this thread i think "i would trade tuesday and thursday to have been at this show" that's why we keep coming back...best live band ever
  • Options
    I think a previous post said something like "I didn't know whether to laugh, cry, or shit my pants."
    I feel that, friend. It was insane.

That was *almost* too much to handle... haha.

haha exact quote ;)

*almost* is right my friend
  • Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,940

+1
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    edited May 2010
    Show was awesome. My legs hurt so good. I could feel the floor shake (and contributed to it). I miss you already. Couldn't see much as I'm not super tall, and at the back of the floor (section 8 toward the back of it), but former ballet dancer legs/feet held me up on tip-toe most of the night, and it was an honor to finally make it to the floor of the garden; have worked my way down since 03 when I was in nosebleed. One of the highest energy shows ever. Its my church and this was a particularly good service! Pearl Jam ALWAYS brings it. Always. This was show no. 34 for me, and have never been let down yet. Ben Bridwell did a great job with Chris Cornell's part of Hunger Strike (finally got to hear it!), slow Lukin, The Real Me,.... Thank you Pearl Jam.

edit - I almost forgot - I'd been hoping (and thought they might) that they would do Breath (and Leash) kind of bringing it full circle with the song campaigns, so it was pretty cool that they did play it.
    Post edited by JaneNY on
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    allstar340allstar340 NYC Posts: 804
    Exactly what happened at my first show at MSG I in 2008.
    There's no turning back now, you're one of us :lol:
    08 -MSG I.eV Newark.Stone in BK. 09 -Spectrum II,III,IV. 10- Prudential Center.MSG I,II. Bridge School Benefit Nights I, II. 11- eV NY I, II. Bridge School Benefit Night II (eV solo). 12- Made in America Festival. 13- Oakland. 14- Bridge School Benefit Nights I, II. 17- eV Ohana. 18- Seattle I, II. 21- SHN. 22- ev & Earthlings Beacon, MSG, Camden. 23- eV & Earthlings Ohana. 24 - MSG I, II
  • Options
    arriepjfarriepjf Posts: 30
    What an incredible show, proving again that Pearl Jam is the greatest band around right now. For me the highlights are Slow Lukin. It took a a few words into the first verse for me to get it and than I was blown away. How many times have we heard that song jammed out at a 100 miles an hour to slow it down was just brilliant . Betterman what can i say. The crowd was incredible the pause and ovation after the first verse was very emotional and you can see it on Ed as he stand there soaking it all in. Black Hunger Strike and Alive. I thought the set list was great , the show started with a rocker Corduroy and then they just tore it up ! Great night and another fantastic night at MSG. I really think the band recognizes that fans come from all over the country and the world to be a part of these shows,more than any other venue and that creates a crowd like no other. Can't wait for what lies ahead. Stay well we miss you guys already !! Pearl Jam we love you.
    96 NY II ,CT, / 98 NJ, MSG I & II , DC, MD
    00 NY I, II, III , NJ I & II / 03 LI , NJ I , MSG I & II , NJ
    04 MA I, FL , PA / 05-NJ I & II
    06 NJ I & II, NY , CT / 08 NJ , MSG I & II, CT
    09- PA III & IV / 10 CT, NJ, MSG II
    11 Montreal / 13 MA 1 & 2 , Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford

• Options
    GD274660GD274660 Posts: 514
    I'm sitting in my office and I have no idea how work matters this morning.
    San Jose 10/93, San Francisco 6/95, San Jose 11/95, St Louis 4/03, Columbus 5/10, MSGII 5/21/2010, Alpine Valley 09/03/2011 and 09/04/2011
  • Options
    Sea wrote:
    May 21, 2010 New York, New York, Madison Square Garden
    Opening: Band of Horses

Set List: Corduroy, Hail Haial, Do The Evolution, World Wide Suicide, Got Some, Breath, Nothing Man, I’m Open - dedicated to Howard Zinn, Unthought Known, Grievance, Amongst The Waves, Present Tense, Not For You/Modern Girl (Sleater Kinney), Push Me Pull Me, Rats, Daughter/WMA, The Fixer, Why Go

1st encore: The End with string quartet, Just Breathe with string quartet, Lukin II with string quartet, Black Red Yellow, Sweet Lew, Given To Fly, Spin The Black Circle, Rearviewmirror

2nd encore: Wasted Reprise, Better Man/Save It For Later (Charley, Cox, Morton, Steele, Wakeling), Black, The Real Me (Townshend), Hunger Strike with Ben Bridwell from “Band Of Horses” (Cornell), Alive, Kick Out The Jams (Davis, Kramer, Smith, Thompson, Tyner), Yellow Ledbetter/Star Spangled Banner

Please share your experiences of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board.

Please keep the Fanview threads for Fanviews. It's ok to begin another thread on discussions of other topics and/or debates.
    Thank you :)
  • Options
    KnishKnish Posts: 53
    45th show on Friday...Has to rank right up there with New Orleans 95 Randalls island 96, Penn St in 03 and Halloween in Philly last year.
    The crowd was just insane. Makes me proud to be a local and see the love and passion.

Thanks for another great tour. This is one me and my buddys will talk about for a long long time..
    There are two kinds of women, one that takes your strength, and one that gives you strength

My next Pearl Jam show will be my 50th

• Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Stoke-on-Trent Posts: 2,892
    Just got back to the UK and I'm still buzzing! Way better than night 1 (which was amazing too!) and probably the best of the 12 PJ gigs I've been to.

Finally got to hear YL w/ the Star Spangled Banner (a treat for me!)
    Manchester 04.06.00, Leeds 25.08.06, Wembley 18.06.07, Dusseldorf 21.06.07, Shepherds Bush 11.08.09, Manchester 17.08.09, Adelaide 17.11.09, Melbourne 20.11.09, Sydney 22.11.09, Brisbane 25.11.09, MSG1 20.05.10, MSG2 21.05.10, Dublin 22.06.10, Belfast 23.06.10, London 25.06.10, Long Beach 06.07.11 (EV), Los Angeles 08.07.11 (EV), Toronto 11.09.11, Toronto 12.09.11, Ottawa 14.09.11, Hamilton 14.09.11, Manchester 20.06.12, Manchester 21.06.12, Amsterdam 26.06.2012, Amsterdam 27.06.2012, Berlin 04.07.12, Berlin 05.07.12, Stockholm 07.07.12, Oslo 09.07.12, Copenhagen 10.07.12, Manchester 28.07.12 (EV), Brooklyn 18.10.13, Brooklyn 19.10.13, Philly 21.10.13, Philly 22.10.13, San Diego 21.11.13, LA 23.11.13, LA 24.11.13, Oakland 26.11.13, Portland 29.11.13, Spokane 30.11.13, Calgary 02.12.13, Vancouver 04.12.13, Seattle 06.12.13, Trieste 22.06.14, Vienna 25.06.14, Berlin 26.06.14, Stockholm 28.06.14, Leeds 08.07.14, Philly 28.04.16, Philly 28.04.16, MSG1 01.05.16, MSG2 02.05.16