Options

*** MSG 2 Fanviews Here 5/21/10 ***

Comments

• Options
    AlltheWay23AlltheWay23 Posts: 158
    Having been to countless shows but never a show at MSG I have to say that the place is something special. You really can't describe it to people who haven't been there. I felt like I was at a college football environment the past two nights. Thank you to everyone who was there that took it to the next level...I'm still in shock.
  • Options
    Fat man sitting on a little stFat man sitting on a little st Whitehouse NJ Posts: 18
    WOW!!! Just got home from an EPIC show. Here is a great point of reference on how much energy there was tonight. In '03 i remember the floor did not start bouncing until Evolution, which was 20+ songs into the show. Tonight the floor was bouncing for Corduroy.......song 1!!!! Tonight was special without a doubt! Thank you PJ!!!!! More to come after i sleeeeeeeeeep
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,938
    I just home from the show. Took over 2 1/2 hours to get there (damn PA turnpike and Lincoln Bridge traffic :x ) Totally missed Band Of Horses :( we got to our seats and less than a minute Pearl Jam was playing :lol: Great show crowd was really into it. Highlights for me were Hunger Strike, Hail Hail, Do The Evolution, Given To Fly, and Better Man (Crowd was really into it).

10club seats were pretty good. Section222 :)

uploading videos and pics now.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    SpokenSpoken Posts: 1,447
    Cool poster tonight!
  • Options
    En La ClandestinidadEn La Clandestinidad Telford, PA by way of Kansas City, MO and Milwaukee, WI, Phoenix, AZ and East Greenbush, NY Posts: 3,625
    5 shows in 7 days is SO amazing!!!!

I gotta say starting the show with Corduroy was odd, but WOW did that get the crowd psyched up or not??!?!

Let's start with the crowd. The place was ELECTRIC!!!!!!!!!!!! Brought back memories from Philly 4. What a great crowd the Garden brings out. The only issue i had was that the entire section I was in was like the smoking section. So I just moved closer to the stage! :mrgreen:

My only song complaint is that Sweet Lew sucks! :lol: I have heard it both times though.

Breath made me so happy! After I heard all of the songs I was dying for in Newark, Breath was really the only song I was dying to hear and we got it tonight. I cannot wait to relive the slow Lukin I was changing seats then and couldn't really soak that one in.

Grievance is so good, really I will take anything from Binaural any night!

It was the second time I had heard Present Tense, but MY GOODNESS how awesome the outro jam was tonight!!! They let Stone put on his Mike "Face Melt" face on that one, so amazing.

Couldn't believe they actually played BRY, haha esp. after what Eddie said (jokingly, apparently) in Hartford. That was super cool.

From Given to Fly through the end of the show, I still can't believe how into the concert EVERYONE was. It was louder than I have ever heard a concert be before. INSANITY. It is funny because Given to Fly and Spin the Black Circle were two of the reason I really grew to love this band when I started listening in October of 2008.

Words cannot describe Betterman and Black from tonight. They were powerful to say the least. Man, I don't know what else to say.

Hunger Strike was not quite as good as the first time I saw it (with Chris Cornell!) but Ben and Eddie did such an amazing version of that song!!! I absolutely love it. Its funny how I have heard that song at my first and last show. LA 3 was the first time seeing PJ, so that was cool to hear such a rare song again tonight!

Amazing, amazing night and I really love the poster as well. The best Ames one of the tour! I love the Pearl Jam MSG writing at the bottom of it.

The big disappointment of the evening is that a few really great people that I met before the show probably weren't able to get a ticket tonight and missed an amazing night, but I was super glad that I could help a fella from DC get into the show. He had a blast.

Many thanks to Adam, aka Get_Right for setting him up with tonights ticket and for enjoying a week's worth of PJ with me a couple different nights. It truly was an epic run of shows. Hard to decide the best of the group. For me, it would be Newark based on the set list and MSG 2 for the overall package, though that could change as it all sinks in!

Off to rest, thanks again Eddie and the guys for one amazing, amazing week on the east coast!!!!!

Many thanks also to every single awesome PJ fan I met along the way, you are what help make this band great!
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
    “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.
  • Options
    over bendsover bends Posts: 1,568
    I love how much the crowd digs Unthought Known live. It has such a great buildup and release point.
    Yield!

3 Decibels Doubles the Volume

• Options
    Spot In The SkySpot In The Sky Posts: 1,175
    Best of my 33rd shows.
    RVM was the best version of any song ive ever seen.
    Sweet Lew and BRY were amazing to hear.
    But i REALLY thought they were gonna play Education when they were talking about schooling. Maybe next MSG!
    "The world is dangerous, feel safe here tonight..." EV 9/17/06

38+6 shows at the age of 27 and counting...but still no Undone

My podcast: Hotel Manager Talk- Dedicated to Hotel Employees, tell your friends. http://www.HotelManagerTalk.com
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,921
    Slow Lukin aka Lukin II :o :shock: :mrgreen:

Awesome!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCNHb-XW1PI
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    iamloco724iamloco724 Brooklyn NY Posts: 1,441
    ccs56 wrote:
    2010 MSG1, while very good, did not do the Big Apple justice. No offense, but no one expects to hear that the crowd in Columbus was the loudest ever. Certain things are expected of MSG and of New Yorker’s in general. The crowd for night one was dead until they starting playing songs from Ten. Night two was AMAZING! The energy of this show was almost on a Philly 10/31/09 level, and I was stuck in the 400s with a bunch of people that didn’t know Rats. I can only imagine what it was like to have a good seat for this show. It is hard to please the newbie and the diehard, but that is exactly what they did this weekend. It was a great mix (17 shows and that was my first Hunger Strike). We can all hope for another 3:40+ show, but it’s not coming anytime soon. This is one very happy fan. Tomorrow I go back to hoping for the next one.

night one was far from dead newark that was a dead crowd night 1 and 2 at msg were very loud and very into everything..tonight was definitely loudest out those 3
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,938
    JR49823 wrote:
    Cool poster tonight!

that's another thing, I never even got to see the poster cause we got there too late :x
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    edited May 2010
    ok, quite simply, this show was life changing.

the sound was completely pristine. ed's voice sounded better then i ever heard it and the band was ON.

there were so many magical moments of this show i don't even know what to write. this was the greatest crowd that i have ever seen. during betterman ed was overwhelmed! when he talked about still feeling like howard zinn's preasence was in the building with him and telling the crowd to "let him in" and then playing i'm open was just the most incredible thing to whitness. breath early in the set was killer. BLACK RED AND FUCKING YELLOW!! it was sooo powerful and ed's voice was just seeming like it was ready to tear a hole in the universe. the whole band sounded very thick and heavy tonight, like it was 94 or something! the crowd even sung along to all of black red and yellow. it was something to see. no even flow tonight! hunger strike totally came out of left field and that was a huge highlight. ben from band of horses did chris cornell's parts PERFECTLY. ahh it was so good. however, my possible biggest song highlight - THE NEW VERSION OF LUKIN! HOLY FUCKING SHIT! it was slow, acoustic, and longer with incredible and haunting vocals. THIS is how lukin should have been done. RVM and present tense were 2 of the best versions i've ever seen and 2 of the greatest live song experiences i ever had. mike's solo during black was like he was being possessed by a superior being. it was almost unnatural. it was mind boggling. kick out the jams was a fun surprise too. i can go on and on and on. the only minor thing is that i would have liked to see a more interesting opener, but corduroy started everyone off at the right foot.

Best show of my life?
    I THINK SO!!

i was at all 4 philly shows, the boston show this year, and hartford 08 (the most highly regarded shows of the ones i've been to) and honestly something tonight just moved me and touched me more then ever before. it was a transcendent experience. i may sound extreme, but this show was as otherworldly as it gets! as i was watching this band perform tonight, it just clicked more then ever that they are THE BEST band in the universe. i've always thought so, but tonight was just special.

THANK YOU PEARL JAM for ending the tour with such an amazing show. thank you for putting on amazing shows every night. come back to the u.s. soon!

anyone who was in the garden tonight should feel fucking blessed.
    Post edited by DiRtyFranK38 on
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • Options
    yosiyosi NYC Posts: 2,641
    Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Can't believe I missed these two shows.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane

• Options
    Just want to say, I'm really enjoying reading all these fanviews. As someone who was there tonight, I want to retain as much of this show for as long as I can. This forum will be a way to do it. Get those words out now while they are still fresh in your heads everyone :) this was a special night and deserves to be preserved as such...

I'm sitting now at my window that is facing the Garden from the 12th floor of the Hotel Pennsylvania right across the street...unable to go to sleep... Just staring at the building... It really is the worlds most famous arena for a reason... Cars keep drivin by with drivers unaware how the ground moved in that building tonight and how time stood still for all that were witness inside...

I'm going to stare a little longer... Hopefully read a few more reviews here... And then attempt to sleep... I think I need to get all the extra electricity and energy drained from my body first...

If our friends were able to be there tonight, they would realize why some of us travel high and far to see this band...

Thanks for sharing everyone...
  • Options
    choopchoop Posts: 1,060
    i've never posted in a fanview.

i was at all four philly shows, i was at the gorge, i've seen some shows. and while it may not translate on paper that well, something special happened tonight.

i wish they would have played outta my mind (on setlist but replaced with rats) but that was my only complaint. also, it was my 2nd sweet lew. needs to be shelved, sorry jeff.

i too thought the building was gonna crack or something, the floor was bouncing repeatedly.

best crowd i've been a part of. wow all around. my ears are ringing 4 hours later.

time for bed.........
    "If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: The only proof he needed for the existence of God was music." KV Jr.
  • Options
    EM270080EM270080 Posts: 7
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfussjhkATQ

found hunger strike what an event!
    Eric Morell
  • Options
    ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    what can i say.... nothingman, breath and hunger strike. that will do me thanks.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,349
    Slow Lukin aka Lukin II :o :shock: :mrgreen:

Awesome!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCNHb-XW1PI

thank you for posting that...I couldn't find it.

FUCKING AWESOME
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    1vs51vs5 Posts: 289
    MSG II was Epic.
    Anyone there witnessed it.

Lukin II was something deep.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    i've tried twice now to say something...i can't quite come up with the words

it's one of those times where i wish everyone could have been there...it went beyond songs into a really big campfire singalong...i'm almost not joking when i say i might have hurt my vocal cords tonight...i couldn't stop singing

but don't get me wrong, the band is on!

:mrgreen:
  • Options
    PlanktonPlankton Posts: 692
    Just watched slow Lukin on youtube. Really special. So very jealous.

Hurry up and get to Europe PJ! Get a plane now so the ash can't ever stop you!
  • Options
    lelunelelune Posts: 15
    Wow... well, all I have to say is that I feel so lucky to have been able to witness tonight's show... it was truly a special moment and a gift. Everything jelled into one hours-long transcendent moment - amazing. Everything - the crowd, the shared energy, the rarities (Push Me Pull Me? Hunger Strike? Yeah!!), the singalongs... So, so good. :D:D
  • Options
    PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    My asse hurts.....from me kicking it! Why did I miss this one????? :lol: So happy for all of you who were there! We are the luckiest fans ever, this band is like a fine wine it gets better and better with age.
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • Options
    Wow all I got to say is wow I have been to a ton of concerts by a ton of bands and never have I ever experienced anything like that. I have never felt the Garden floor shake and the Set list was amazing. I have to thank a fellow 10C member whos name I did not get. He traded my tickets in 223 for his mid floor seats which I cannot thank you enough floor. I hope it worked out well for you. He said he wanted his girlfriend to be able to see and I am glad I could help.
    5/21/10 M.S.G
    5/18/10 Newark
    9/27/09 Philly Spectrum
  • Options
    NYCPJNYCPJ nyc Posts: 761
    mavi wrote:
    NYCPJ wrote:
    Here are some photos (including a few crowd shots):

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jlbnyc/set ... 110653766/

You have some really nice shots there. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks; I had fun taking them
    6/3/06 (East Rutherford 2)
    6/24/08 (MSG1)
    6/25/08 (MSG2)
    7/1/08 (Beacon Theater -NYC)
    10/30/09 (Philly3)
    5/18/10 (Newark, NJ)
    5/20/10 (MSG1)
    5/21/10 (MSG2)
    10/18/13 (Brooklyn 1)
    10/19/13 (Brooklyn 2)
    5/1/16 (MSG 1)
    5/2/16 (MSG 2)
    3/30/20 (MSG)
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    i had 2 kids infront of me that were no older then 13 and it made me feel old. the first few songs i was finishing my beer and they were drink soda with a cover and straw. they didn't rock out at all cept for alive. little head bobbing now and then for all the songs and they were good with the audience clapping during the songs. just figured i add this for a laugh for us long time fans and cause it shows that the young generation digs pearl jam .
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    Green CircleGreen Circle Posts: 5,191
    GREAT SHOW!!! My first Yellowledbetter, And HUNGER STRIKE, SLOW LUKIN ??? C'MON!!!
    AWESOME JUST AWESOME!! NO better word to describe the show!!!

thanks everyone for signing my shirt!!!
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
  • Options
    rawlsrawls Posts: 15
    I wish I had a voice so I could actually talk about this...but I was singing so loud and hard that it's gone.

First, I want to thank the best band in the world for brining the best to every show they do.

Second, I want to thank the fans, because you make it so fun to be a PJ fan together (except a few of the a$$holes in my section who were not fans...sitting during Given to Fly? The mopes left at the start of the third set. How could you?????) I guess I can thank them for giving me a better view. :)

I have to say that if I could bottle the energy that was pouring out of the place for the Given to Fly/Spin the Black Circle/Rearviewmirror ending of second set I would never need coffee again. I wanted to cry. That was the highlight for me. Being part of that crowd at that time is undescribable.

Other highlights as I'm sure people are saying (will go back and read now, but didn't want anyone else to taint my opinion...) Betterman (Ed was loving the crowd), Hunger Strike (that Band of Horses dude just nailed it), Black Red Yellow ('nuff said), Lukin II, Black. EV...as he can only do...seemed so humble a few times...his reaction to the crowd during Betterman was so awestruck. MM's energy was so on...He was loving the crowd and fun to watch from the second tier. To see all the people rocking on the floor was awesome.

Wish they could have played even longer...they could have played every song and I would have wanted more. I can't wait until they are in the Northeast again.

Love to everyone there. Love to the best band ALIVE. Please come back real soon!
  • Options
    Everything that should be said has been said. epic greatest yes. What those of us lucky enough to go to these last two show will live in us forever.I Thank you Pearl Jam. I thank you the Madison Garden Faithful.It was one of those moments in time where the stars where alined. All pearl jam shows are great some more than others.I am clad to have gone, as many times as I have. Long live PJ Hope to see you soon.Pj people are by far the best that is what helps to make all these shows great.So thank you the best. :D
  • Options
    t0mMyet0mMye Posts: 821
    EM270080 wrote:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfussjhkATQ

found hunger strike what an event!

Fantastic.
    Ten Club # 433608, when I am 80 I will be in the front row!
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    great great setlist!!!i enjoy the whole night with the relay thread...Lukin II,BREATH,Hunger..
    i hope u enjoy the show..+great poster..

but really im so happy..11 usa shows didnt play Nothing As It Seems,so i got 10 chances to see it in Europe
    we wait now for u guys :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”