Options

*** MSG 2 Fanviews Here 5/21/10 ***

Comments

• Options
    BubbaDogBubbaDog Posts: 21
    If they wanted to, how many consecutive nights could they sell out MSG? Realistically.
    GD274660 wrote:

Are you the guy from Columbus we sold the ticket to? Great to share a sick show with you.
    Rochester 94
    Mansfield 1 08
    Eddie Boston 1 08
    Toronto 09
    Philly 3 09
    Buffalo 2010
    MSG 2 2010
    Hamilton 2011
    Buffalo 2013
  • Options
    jimbojones1138jimbojones1138 Posts: 3,640
    was this show really a week ago???

wtf... still seems like yesterday... this show spoiled me completely...i havnt been the same since
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • Options
    GD274660GD274660 Posts: 514
    BubbaDog wrote:
    If they wanted to, how many consecutive nights could they sell out MSG? Realistically.
    GD274660 wrote:

Are you the guy from Columbus we sold the ticket to? Great to share a sick show with you.

Yeap, it's me...106 Row E Seat 10 :)

Thanks so much to you and your brother-in-law and friend, I agree an absolute pleasure.
    San Jose 10/93, San Francisco 6/95, San Jose 11/95, St Louis 4/03, Columbus 5/10, MSGII 5/21/2010, Alpine Valley 09/03/2011 and 09/04/2011
  • Options
    mavimavi Posts: 941
    ⇧ 106 was a great section! I was in it both nights.
    "He who hears music, feels his solitude peopled at once" R. Browning
  • Options
    LucasFLucasF Posts: 9
    hey Steve from Texas, this is Lucas from Brazil, man....I thought I saved your email but I didn't....I was with my girl on the first night right next to you and your girl and a few seats below you on the second night....anyway, I hope you read this and we can get in touch......peace brother
  • Options
    Aero83_Aero83_ Posts: 933
    OK......I think the crowd noise for the most part has dissipated from my head. I'm almost caught up on all the work that accumulated while attending this show, and my legs are fresh again. So what's going on this weekend??

Sixteenth show and best one yet, fluctuating at times to best by far..

Walking down 7th Avenue towards Madison Square Garden u could just feel it was going to be epic. A perfect storm of if u will, all key components aligned and firing. I had cool people all around me in my section singing all night and never leaving they're feet cept to go airborne.. All present became a collective consciousness that emitted crazy waves of energy literally rocking the garden but certainly not bound to the time space coordinates of 05/21/10 alone. In fact, in our section during Breath the floor was bouncing in this rhythmic flow generating a frequency door that lent itself to astral planning. It was fucking awesome, and I was living on the edge of it all night. Of course that could also be attributed to the key component the guys to my right were smoking and my subsequent and completely inadvertent contact high, but hard to tell for sure..

I typically haul ass out of a venue to get a good table at the apres concert parties once i know a band is finishing they're last song, but after ledbetter I just sat in my seat trying to process the whole thing. I'm leveraging this act as a metric to assess this show as the best I've ever seen. The other more heavily weighing metric for me is the mere fact that I even attempted to quantify this show in the first place. I never do either of these..

Only negative I could come up with is that they may have possibly peaked with this show, but then again I said that after Philly 4 too, so who knows??...Oh, and I didn't get In Hiding either.. Maybe next time, lmao..

Thanks for the great night in New York....Later
    ...10/31/09, 05/21/10, Peru, Los Angeles
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    one week ago, dte was kicking our asses right now! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    one week ago tonight, just right about now...
    I had no idea what I was in for
    still can't stop thinking about this show...
    2nd encore sent it over the top...
  • Options
    Like everyone else, im still reliving this show. Just remembered something cool, the clapping at the end of black. Band stopped, crowd kept going.... amazing. Ed applauded us!!!
  • Options
    pineapplesandwaves.pineapplesandwaves. GTA Posts: 1,808
    Beach Bum wrote:
    1 word

amazing

+1

My seventh show, and I believe, my favourite.
  • Options
    mikepmikep Posts: 290
    so after about a week of pondering, i'm still blown away by the show and will declare it my fav ever! slightly barely minisculey beating out philly 3. My seats/view were a bit better and the frickin ground shook like 10 times lol.
    96-11-Tor; 03-Mont; 05,13-London;05-Kitchnr, Hamltn; 06-Deroit;08-Mont(EV); 09-Albany(EV), Philly3&4; 10,13-Buff;10-NYC, Mt View; 11-(EV) Boston,Hart,Det,PJ20,Ott,Hamltn,Winnpg,Sask,Cal,Edmntn,Van; 12-Missoula; 13-Wrigley,Pitts,Port,Spok,Cal,Van,Sea.
  • Options
    sdrathsdrath Posts: 1
    I too have been to many multi-night stands in the NY area over the years and the MSG shows were as good as any. The best part is that now my 15 year old son, a major music fan, is now hooked on PJ.

Hope they come back around after Europe.
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    If they stuck with an end stage seating chart and didn't sell behind the stage they could probably sell out 4 with no trouble at all. I would go as far to say 5 if it was on a holiday weekend. Like a Tues, Wed, Fri, Sat, Mon
    they could easily sell out 13 nights in a row with seats behind the stage
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    WashMyLoveWashMyLove Posts: 804
    A spectacular show! Sitting by Stone's side 5th row. Didn't get a chance to get a poster for this night it was sold out already by the time I got to the venue 6:30pm. I noticed there was a long line outside the box office (More than the MSG night1), I guess people were trying to get tickets for the show. I wonder how many made it in.

My highlights for me were:
    Corduroy (Awesome as an opener, but was wishing for Oceans or Wash.)
    DTE
    Grievance (seemed like a fan favorite from what I saw)
    Daughter/WMA (Cool to have WMA as a tag again, sounded so good)
    1st Encore :
    was special to watch, besides the repeats from the nights before, Lukin II version I loved it.
    BRY WOW! First time to experienced this song. I was hoping for Dennis Rodman to come out but he didn't. Don't think he was there anyways. but to keep the basketball idea, Jeff came out with a Knicks jersey to sing Sweet Lew. Pretty cool to see him take the mic since Stone had it for MSG1. Eddie with the basketball was priceless. He gave the basketball to a girl from the second row I believe. She was the dancing with it the entire night. She seemed happy. Kudos to her :)
    Spin the black circle into RVM was incredible intense energy from the band and the crowd.
    2nd Encore:
    Betterman (WOW! It was so beautiful to sing out loud while EV's eyes were tearing and looking very emotional. Would love to see this in youtube.)
    Black (Always nice to hear and see live)
    Hunger Strike (My friend and I were talking about it earlier that day. I was telling her how cool it would be if they played it with CC, and we sure got it but with the lead singer of Band of Horses. He did a good job holding up the CC parts.)
    Kick Out the Jams cover was so RAW!!! I loved the energy from Eddie and Matt on this one.

Jeff and stoned ROCKED it out. Really like seeing Stone head bang throught out the show. Mike like always killing it for us. That man is def. an awesome guitarist. Boom like always delivering.
    I saw lots of celebrities. According to my friend, one in particular was making fun of a fan/fans the way they were dancing. Not cool.
    Oh well, besides that stupidity, the show was great and the section where I was had great energy through out the entire show. Thanks to my friend, all the fans and the band for such an awesome experience! :D
  • Options
    OkOk Posts: 2,144
    Still feeling the chills.....9 days later....wow!
  • Options
    mauausmauaus Posts: 32
    Ok wrote:
    Still feeling the chills.....9 days later....wow!
    Haha still feeling them too... Amazing show
  • Options
    medSEAfan7medSEAfan7 Posts: 77
    Anyone else still trying to relieve the concert through youtube videos?! Even today I was still getting chills from so many of the performances, Better Man is always a fun one to rewatch. I have pretty much watched at least a few videos everyday since the concert. Some days almost the whole concert. Thanks to those who posted as I was not in great enough seats to capture and was too busy having the experience of a lifetime that I feel indebted to those of you who were able to capture and enjoy.

I can't wait for the boot to come out, even if it doesn't quite do the crowd noise that night justice, the few played on PJ radio have sounded pretty great as far as capturing the feel--- I know we'll all still be able to remember what it was really like either way! Best concert- so amazing and unforgettable!
  • Options
    megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    medSEAfan7 wrote:
    Anyone else still trying to relieve the concert through youtube videos?! Even today I was still getting chills from so many of the performances, Better Man is always a fun one to rewatch. I have pretty much watched at least a few videos everyday since the concert. Some day arlington Is almost the whole concert. Thanks to those who posted as I was not in great enough seats to capture and was too busy having the experience of a lifetime that I feel indebted to those of you who were able to capture and enjoy.
    I can't wait for the boot to come out, even if it doesn't quite do the crowd noise that night justice, the few played on PJ radio have sounded pretty great as far as capturing the feel--- I know we'll all still be able to remember what it was really like either way! Best concert- so amazing and unforgettable!

pretty much sums up anyone bitching about people recording the show. Worth it
  • Options
    cfbd68cfbd68 Posts: 228
    pjscreamer wrote:
    As every else was by this show in absolute awe For Da Kid being his 50 SHOW! in his hometown (man talk about the chances)Everyone that knows Da Kid knows all he ever wants to hear R his 2 fav shows going into a PJ show Breath and Present Tense well wit Breaath being the 5 song in on da first set you can tell it was going to be one of those Nites!Present Tense in the first set as well WOW unfortunately of all shows could score Ten Club tix but was in Da building and then Da Kid made his move to 2 level and hung wit friends wow da kid suprised and watch Da Whole show there....BRY man scratch that one off Da kids bucket list 2x hearing Hungerstrike and da lead singer from Band of horses own it.
    Seeing familar faces from near and far brought a never ending Smile to Dis Kids face.....C you all at the 20 anniversary.
    Jimmy, good seeing you again. We shared some vodka in newark ( guacamolejoe's fireman friend chris aka fat bastard).
    What a f**kn show! Breath, Hunger Strike, Nothingman, Present Tense 8-) . And the crowd was INSANE :o .
    Seems that needlessly it's getting harder, to find an approach and a way to live
    Constant Recoil..Sometimes life, Don't leave you alone
    When the anxious is the present, unwrap your gifts, take your time
  • Options
    edwhoedwho Posts: 811
    msgmarquee10.jpg

Three Fish

July 1996 San Francisco

June 1999 Chicago

• Options
    Nitsua87Nitsua87 Posts: 95
    When I die, I hope Heaven is getting to go to MSG 2 every night for the rest of eternity.
  • Options
    medSEAfan7medSEAfan7 Posts: 77
    I thought the very same thing when I woke on on Saturday morning after that concert...like it had been a sneak peek of what my heaven would be!
  • Options
    LA98LA98 Posts: 256
    Every day, for just a few seconds, I close my eyes and hear the *roaring* crowd and then those first few notes of Corduroy.... BLISS.
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    LA98 wrote:
    Every day, for just a few seconds, I close my eyes and hear the *roaring* crowd and then those first few notes of Corduroy.... BLISS.

I'm starting to lose that memory, need the boot ASAP!!
  • Options
    pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    official boot? there is a damn good recording floating around...
    can we post links on here, it is an audience recording.
  • Options
    mavimavi Posts: 941
    LA98 wrote:

I can still get the feeling. And I try to, every day. BLISS is right.

I'm hoping by this time next week we'll be listening to THE BOOTLEG.
    "He who hears music, feels his solitude peopled at once" R. Browning
  • Options
    PeTaLuMaPeTaLuMa New Jersey Posts: 54
    Wasn't fortunate enough to get tix to either MSG show, but thanks to the magic of video & bootlegs, I got to see & hear PJ perform Hunger Strike. Maybe it's a good thing I wasn't there. May have passed out when they started playing it. LOL. Looking forward to hearing the show(s) in their entirety on PJ Radio. Who ever thought of this is a freaking genius.
  • Options
    Dirty_Frank_DahmerDirty_Frank_Dahmer Albany NY Posts: 4
    Watched a ton of YouTube videos from different angles. Looked at pictures that people have been kind enough to share. It was one of the greatest nights of my life. Best of all I got to share it with my wife.....for our anniversary.
    Thank God for technology. I can relive it whenever I want.
    Whooo Hoooo !!!......... It's evolution baby!!!
  • Options
    JY104961JY104961 Posts: 3
    Sweet Lew!!! I'm still blown away by MSG1 & 2!!! Both nights were just simply OUTSTANDING!!! HOLY CRAP!!! C'mon bootlegs! The whole place was pure insanity! KICK OUT THE JAMS MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!

Sea wrote:
    May 21, 2010 New York, New York, Madison Square Garden
    Opening: Band of Horses

Set List: Corduroy, Hail Hail, Do The Evolution, World Wide Suicide, Got Some, Breath, Nothing Man, I’m Open - dedicated to Howard Zinn, Unthought Known, Grievance, Amongst The Waves, Present Tense, Not For You/Modern Girl (Sleater Kinney), Push Me Pull Me, Rats, Daughter/WMA, The Fixer, Why Go

1st encore: The End with string quartet, Just Breathe with string quartet, Lukin II with string quartet, Black Red Yellow, Sweet Lew, Given To Fly, Spin The Black Circle, Rearviewmirror

2nd encore: Wasted Reprise, Better Man/Save It For Later (Charley, Cox, Morton, Steele, Wakeling), Black, The Real Me (Townshend), Hunger Strike with Ben Bridwell from “Band Of Horses” (Cornell), Alive, Kick Out The Jams (Davis, Kramer, Smith, Thompson, Tyner), Yellow Ledbetter/Star Spangled Banner

Please share your experiences of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board.

Please keep the Fanview threads for Fanviews. It's ok to begin another thread on discussions of other topics and/or debates.
    Thank you :)
  • Options
    ChazzChazz Somerset, UK Posts: 1,093
    Hi there

Could someone post details of the Germany story, its been mentioned a few times but no details, thanks :)
    Dublin, Reading 06
    London, Copenhagen 07
    MSG 08
    SBE, Manchester, London 09
    Dublin, Belfast, London 10
    Manchester, Berlin 12
    Amsterdam, Milton Keynes 14
    London 18
    London 22