Options

*** MSG 2 Fanviews Here 5/21/10 ***

Comments

• Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    samjam wrote:
    Only my 2nd PJ show (first was the night before) and all I can say is OH MY GOSH.
    What a magical night.
    It felt like nothing I've ever felt before- such a rush of emotions.

I made a thread sharing my experience in detail here, if you want to read:
    http://community.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=133267

I can't even believe that was real. Amazing, magical, incredible aren't even accurate enough to describe the sheer awesomeness of this show!

One HELL of a second show.. consider yourself blessed my friend :D
    :D I do!!!
    It was so very unbelievable & I can't stop thinking about it! I definitely know I'll be seeing PJ live MANY times in the future :)
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    jwagnerjwagner Posts: 435
    GD274660 wrote:
    I'm sitting in my office and I have no idea how work matters this morning.

with all that's been said about this amazing show, I think this sums up what many of us felt post-show, whether it was the next morning, or the next work day, or whatever. I'm even having a hard time listening to music other than PJ right now. Thanks for hitting the nail on the head.
    "I know I was born and I know that I'll die...the in between is mine"
  • Options
    Just want to thank the band for one of the best musical experiences of my life. I have seen them many times now, but really wanted to see them in NYC. There is simply no substitute to MSG's energy. Again, thanks for the last 18 years of the most incredible music on the planet. Safe travels and hope you guys keep rockin' another 20 years!
    Buffalo '96, Knoxville '98, Nashville '00, Hershey '03, Camden '03, Nashville '03, Cincy '06, Chicago '07, EV Chicago '08, EV Nashville '09, Chicago '09, Chicago '09, Indy '10, NYC, MSG#2 '10, EV Chicago #1 '11, EV Chicago #2 '11, Wrigley '13, Buffalo '13, St. Louis '14, Philly #1, Philly #2 '16, Toronto #1, Toronto #2 '16,
  • Options
    UpstateTokUpstateTok Posts: 10
    Im soo glad to see people still feeling like I do today.I just cant come down from that show.I tried to listen to the regular radio today and just couldnt do it.It was pj all day.The feelings from that show just wont go away.My wife is tired of hearing me talk about.Im so glad to have a place where we can all talk about the shows and no one is rolling their eyes waiting for us to just stop already.lol.
    Peace all
  • Options
    jimbojones1138jimbojones1138 Posts: 3,640
    ok... so im not sure i can say what others havnt already...

...ive laid low for a few days to decompress here to try to feel normal after the shit that went down on friday night at the garden...and i didnt think it was at all possible to top the 4 philly shows... but now i stand corrected...

what a blistering opening...corduroy...hail hail, evolution... wws... hands down the greatest version of got some i have ever heard!

and than they slowed it down with "breath" as the sixth song of the night...SIXTH SONG! ok, i knew than that the night was going to be special

other highlights of course... ed's stories about germany... making the garden shake harder than i have ever experienced... i think we make it jump higher than 98, 03 and 08 combined...lukin II was absolutely amazing... loved the punked out push me, pull me...surreal!

of course kick out the jams and hunger strikes were huge hits... but my favorite of course:

BLACK RED YELLOW!!!

hands down msg II blew away all 4 philly nights!!!

thanks again for an awesome night
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • Options
    glbglb Posts: 356
    Wow, what a show! Going to be hard for me to ever top this one. Especially since I won the mother fucking lottery and was sitting in the 1st row right in front of Mike!!!! :mrgreen: God, I felt so lucky. lol When I picked up my tickets around 6pm, the attendant told me I should play the lottery tonight and I was like "no way" :crazy: . I think I kind of wandered out a few steps away from the ticket window trying to figure out what exactly that meant.... lol. For the next hour and a half I was just in awe of the fact I was going to be right up front for the greatest show of my life. It was pretty surreal.

Then there's the actual concert!! The energy was so amazing from the very 1st song. Ed looked at me during Hail Hail and kinda laughed a little I believe because I was so into it. I was the big guy with the yellow striped shirt on that was rocking out as hard as I could all night. I had my ACL in my left knee replaced 5 months ago and this was the 1st time I had jumped at all, and I was hopping around all night! Needless to say my knee is still swollen.

They could have stopped the show at Breath and I still would have been satisfied! Haha, of course they didn't and I'm still in amazement. Towards the end of the show Mike bent over a bit, looked at my girlfriend, and tossed a pick directly to her! Such a great time! Well, I feel like one lucky son of a bitch. We had the best time I ever could have imagined. Thank you Ten Club for the chance at that experience, and thank you PEARL JAM for making the experience!!!! :clap:
    "I've got things to do and things to say in my own way..."
  • Options
    llove wrote:
    GD274660 wrote:
    I'm sitting in my office and I have no idea how work matters this morning.

I'm with you

I can't believe other people feel this way! I had the same feeling... so happy I saw these shows, but now I almost have a small feeling of depression. It's a weird feeling.

I wish I had the time and money to tour Europe w/ them!
    Camden - 5/28/06; Camden - 6/20/08; MSG - 6/25/08; Newark - (Ed Solo) 8/7/08; Philly - (Ed Solo) 6/12/09; Philly - 10/30/09; Philly - 10/31/09; Newark - 5/18/10; MSG - 5/20/10; MSG - 5/21/10
  • Options
    So it's 3 days later and I'm home from New York and I still don't really have any words to explain how and what I felt on Friday night.

I thought Thursday night was awesome, but Friday night blew Thursday night out of the water! Hands down, the best show I've ever been to!

I think the first line of the first song set the mood for the night! "The waiting drove me mad, you're finally here and I'm a mess!" I LOVED Corduroy as an opener and Hail Hail is one of my all-time favorites so it was bound to be a good night. I think I cried about 5 times in total. But I was literally a mess when Hunger Strike started. I couldn't even sing along to the first bit of it....I had to get myself under control first! Hilarious!

I could go on and on about how each song made me feel, but it's fair to just say it was one of the best nights of my life.

One thing though that I feel I need to mention is about how MSG actually seems to have a pulse. On Thursday night, my boyfriend told me to stop jumping for a moment so that I could feel it. I was almost a bit worried, thinking the building was gonna come down and shortly after, right before "Unthought Known," Eddie said something about it. They had felt it before at past MSG shows and were looking for it to get crazy again. It certainly did. Friday night though was even crazier. I've never felt anything like it. It was insane! Just added to an already perfect night!

**It's important to note here also, that I had the WORST seats I've ever had and this was still my favorite concert! I was on the floor, pretty far back and I'm really short, so I probably only saw the boys for about 5 minutes of the entire show! But for some reason that didn't matter. Absolutely unbelievable!!**
  • Options
    loveheroineloveheroine Posts: 22
    Push Me Pull Me !!!
    Given to Fly
    Black Red Yellow
    Hunger Strike

Those were some of the highlights. What a great show and crowd! For once, MSG did not feel as big as it often does. I can't believe how much energy the band puts into their sets every time. There were definitely many gems and rarities in this one and still there are songs that I wish they played. ;)
    What can I say, I saw Sweet Lew live twice.
    " I'm like an opening band for the sun "
  • Options
    ksacco_06ksacco_06 Posts: 44
    Awesome Awesome Awesome!
  • Options
    megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    ehhh.. no evenflow?

took ten shows 8-)
  • Options
    rwatson725rwatson725 Posts: 10
    WOW what an amazing experience!! I have to give a huge THANK YOU TO RONNY FROM SWITZERLAND for helping me and my friend D out with tickets after we got shut out druing the 10c presale!!!! So many things just fell into place for us that night all adding up to result in probably the best concert experience I've ever had! I posted a plea for help on the 10c forum and Ronny answered! We drove down from Niagara Falls the day of the show and we were stuck in traffic for almost 2 hours trying to get into Manhattan from Jersey, worried sick we'd miss the show. We ended up meeting Ronny, a guy I've never met, only minutes before the show. He could have cashed in and left at anytime because there were people looking for tickets everywhere outside the Garden but he waitied for us anyways and we will be forever grateful! He is a first class 10clubber, flew over for 6 PJ shows and had an extra pair for this show!!! Lucky us, because it was the sickest setlist I`ve seen them play, going all the way back my first PJ show in `92. MSG was amazing!! Truly a special night. One minute we`re stuck in traffic in Jersey, 30 minutes later we`re in NYC for the first time, with great 10c Floor seats at MSG! Unreal!!!!!!
    `10 Buffalo, MSG2
    `08 EV Toronto
    `06 Toronto1
    `05 Hamilton, Toronto
    `03 Toronto, Buffalo
    `92 Barrie
  • Options
    onePJfanonePJfan Posts: 57
    Still trying to compose myself!! I've seen PJ 13 times and this show was definitely over-the-top!!....

It was my "PEACE" sign Eddie took from me behind the stage during ALIVE then placed it in front of him while they fininshed the show...That sign traveled to Cleveland, Buffalo and to NYC on this tour...what a great way to end my "PJ TOUR!!

Can't wait until next time!!
  • Options
    onePJfan wrote:
    It was my "PEACE" sign Eddie took from me behind the stage during ALIVE then placed it in front of him while they fininshed the show...
    Gotta say... I thought that guard was gonna take you down :o He was facing away from the stage and I could see that you were looking right through him at Eddie, but the guard had no idea that Eddie was coming up to take the banner. For a few seconds, it really looked like an ugly scene might unfold, but he eased up when he saw you pass off the banner and realized Ed was good with it 8-)
    Last Philly Spectrum Show - Halloween 2009
    MSG 1 & 2 2010
    Montreal 2011
    Missoula 2012
    Seattle 2013
    Denver 2014
    Central Park NYC 2015
    Sunrise 2016
    Wrigley 2 2016
    Seattle 1 2018
    ~~~~~~~
    EV NYC 2 2011
    RNDM NYC 2012
    TOTD SF 2016

Highlights Of Last Spectrum Show
    Mike DESTROYING in Seattle 2013

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro" - HST

Instagram (great concert shots of many bands):  concertaholic
  • Options
    onePJfanonePJfan Posts: 57
    onePJfan wrote:
    It was my "PEACE" sign Eddie took from me behind the stage during ALIVE then placed it in front of him while they fininshed the show...
    Gotta say... I thought that guard was gonna take you down :o He was facing away from the stage and I could see that you were looking right through him at Eddie, but the guard had no idea that Eddie was coming up to take the banner. For a few seconds, it really looked like an ugly scene might unfold, but he eased up when he saw you pass off the banner and realized Ed was good with it 8-)

LOLOL, Me too,......But, I think the security guard knew I was harmless, and once I threw Eddie my banner, I leaned over to the guard and "screamed-- HE WANTED MY SIGN !! and all was good!! Thankfully!!

What a fun night....
  • Options
    PC237837PC237837 Posts: 22
    It was an unbelievable experience. I was so thrilled to see Pearl Jam twice this tour (1 @ B-Lo & 1 @ The Garden), both concerts were the greatest. They have really solidified themselves as the best band going today! The energy was insane. They played killer set lists and I will be buying both bootlegs as soon as they are released. When is the next American tour (hopefully next year)? They need to come to Rochester, NY next tour.
  • Options
    edwhoedwho Posts: 811
    samjam wrote:
    Only my 2nd PJ show (first was the night before) and all I can say is OH MY GOSH.
    What a magical night.
    It felt like nothing I've ever felt before- such a rush of emotions.

I made a thread sharing my experience in detail here, if you want to read:
    http://community.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=133267

I can't even believe that was real. Amazing, magical, incredible aren't even accurate enough to describe the sheer awesomeness of this show!

Should be shared here, so hope you don’t mind.
    samjam wrote:
    The MSG concerts are my very first Pearl Jam concerts and I'm on cloud 9- it was everything I expected and imagined and much, much more. I keep having to tell myself that it really happened & it was real!!! It's one thing to see YouTube videos and listen to boots, but live-- oh my gosh. Just completely mind-blowing and moving and incredible. THANK YOU, PEARL JAM! And if you're reading this whole thing, thank YOU :D

Here are my recaps of the MSGs. Yeah, I know I could have just written this on the Fanviews page, but I feel like this is a special occasion :)
    Here's my review of MSGI & MSGII:
    MSGI 5/20/10:
    My very first PJ show blew away my expectations! After barely being able to make it through the school day, I finally got to the Garden with my friend, and we got our 10C tickets-- section 204, row D- which considering my fanclub number (447xxx), I was very happy with!! Met a bunch of cool people in my section, minus two drunk/high guys who FELL ASLEEP in between the Black Keys & PJ (major idiots and texting the whole show!) Anyway, waiting for PJ was such a rush of emotions-- it was absolutely insane!! The Black Keys were totally awesome-- great sound, great music- I really enjoyed their performance. Then we waited some more, and finally Metamorphosis II came on & my stomach completely dropped. Sometimes- awesome opener!! Then they ripped into Breakerfall, Last Exit, and Animal- what a way to open! Little 5'3" me in section 204 was jumping around the whole time!!! I really wanted Severed Hand, which was awesome to get. Then Small Town--though not uncommon, the first time hearing 20,000 people collectively saying 'I just want to scream HELLOOO' was mind blowing. I called I Am Mine, and really wanted it so that was a treat! Force of Nature is my favorite off of BS & I'm SO happy I got it! Down was great, and I Got I'd was AMAZING- one of my favorites & I'm so glad I got to hear it! Army Reserve was a treat too! Loved Unthought Known and the energy it brought! The strings in Encore 1 were really awesome- The End was beautiful, but I thought Just Breathe was a bit of a mood killer. Lukin with strings = awesome! After hearing You Are live, I definitely have a new appreciation for it- I really loved it! The rest of Encore 1 just blew my mind--- I screamed so loudly when I heard the first few notes of LROM! That followed by SOLAT, Once, the Porch- sick! And what can I say about encore 2??? Mind officially blown!! When Ed said that Stone was gonna sing I freaked!! I feel so lucky to get Mankind. Jumped around like a maniac during Leash- so much fun! Crazy Mary & I Believe in Miracles were treats as well! My first Alive was like a religious experience- when they put the house lights on, chills ran through me--I felt a few tears about to well up at a few moments- it was magical! I wasn't expecting Indifference to close, but I was sure happy I got it- another religious experience. It's hard to find the proper words to express your first Pearl Jam experience, and I'm having trouble really finding them myself. But just WOW.

Little did I know what night 2 had in store

MSG II 5/21/10:
    HOLY MOTHER OF GOD what a show!!!!! Yesterday is sort of a blur for me---that was real, right? Section 204 & row D again, but seats 1&2, so we were a little bit closer. After the show the night before, I was even more excited for this concert- the night before got me so pumped!! First, the poster was crazy awesome- I went in ready to buy another shirt, but bought the poster instead- well done Ames Bros!! Fast forward to Band of Horses--I thought they were killer! I was more familiar with their stuff than The Black Keys, and knew most of the songs they played, so I really enjoyed myself! Really wanted to hear Long Road or Release to open, but PJ got it started with Corduroy and that really got my adrenaline pumping! Jumping around from the very start- I loved it! Hail, Hail was awesome---one of the songs I really really wanted to hear and I'm so glad I got it!! DTE as the 3rd song was a really awesome surprise! WWS kicked ass- I really love this song and loved jumping around to it live! Got Some was pretty cool- not my favorite on the album but they really kicked it into high gear live! I love when that happens! So I had an inkling that Breath was gonna be played- and boy am I glad I was right! I heard the first few notes and COMPLETELY freaked out! I think I was one of the only ones in my section to go bonkers over it AND know every single word :D Nothingman was magical- closing my eyes and holding up my hands to 'Into the sun, into the sun' was indeed an amazing moment. Couldn't believe I heard I'm Open next! Unthought Known this night was better than the night before, I think. The crowd was really into this one! Oh- speaking of the crowd- AMAZING! Best & loudest crowd I've ever been a part of at a concert- it was just amazing! Grievance was great, as was Amongst the Waves! Present Tense is one of my all time favorites and is SO meaningful to me, and to hear it played live and hear the crowd gave me the chills- one of my personal favorite moments! Not For You was sick- been really listening to that one in particular a lot lately & loved hearing it! Push Me, Pull Me- are you serious???? Again, one of the only people in my section to freak :). So in the subway station on the way to MSG, I actually saw a rat and said to my friend, "It's a sign! They're gonna play Rats!" So I'm pretty sure that's why it was played :D But regardless, it was sick! Daughter & The Fixer were 2 great ones. I LOVE Why Go and was so happy they closed main set with it! At this point I was freaking the fuck out-- what was happening to me??? The feeling was indescribable- I knew it was a special night already and the encores hadn't even happened yet! THE BEST FEELING IN THE WORLD! The End & Just Breathe again were cool, but the strings highlight was the different version of Lukin- I loved it! Then my jaw just dropped. Black, Red, Yellow? Sweet Lew? I felt so lucky!! I kept saying "HOLY SHIT! HOLY SHIT!" Then Given to Fly. One of my favorites moments from that night. The song, the meaning, the crowd, it being performed right in front of my eyes- it was almost too much for me! My head was back, I was jumping around, eyes closed- what a feeling! I was really moved! STBC & RVM kicked my ass. Loved seeing Mike & Jeff run around during that! More chills at the first 'Saw things, saw things...' at the end of RVM- just whoa! At that point I was in a state of shock- I felt like the luckiest person alive! I mean what a setlist! Better Man was another indescribable feeling. The crowd KICKED ASS- before the 2nd verse, we cheered SO loud for about a minute straight- I was so moved and you could tell Ed was too! Black was a magical moment- after hearing it live, I found a new appreciation for it- it's just even better! One of the only moments I kept quiet during the whole show- I closed my eyes & sang really quietly to myself and just was swaying from side to side- amazing moment. What can I say- THE REAL ME!! I freaked, one of my favorite covers! So much fun, so much energy! Hunger Strike with Ben from BoH was really special- Ben's no Chris Cornell, but I thought he did quite well on it! Just hearing Ed sing his part of that was awesome enough! Alive was incredible once again, and I got more chills once again! Kick Out the Jams kicked my ass for sure! And Yellow Ledbetter with the house lights on was just a special moment. I wanted that night to go on forever! I know I experienced something amazing that I will remember forever after that night. I'm sill pinching myself and I'm still in awe.

All in all, I LOVE THIS BAND. I feel so lucky to have seen them, even if (FOR NOW!) it's just twice. I'm even more hooked than I was before. This band means so much to me, and seeing them live was just the most amazing and moving experience. All I can muster up right now is simply THANK YOU.

Three Fish

July 1996 San Francisco

June 1999 Chicago

• Options
    29MinutesOrSo29MinutesOrSo NJ Posts: 32
    i thought Philly night 4 was one of the best shows ive seen but msg 2 proved me wrong about that. all this concert sound got me in the mood for some old school listening. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN GET THE MUSIC FROM SELF POLLUTION RADIO???????? the immortality version on that is the best ive ever heard.
    Doesnt fucking matter anyway
  • Options
    mavimavi Posts: 941
    DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN GET THE MUSIC FROM SELF POLLUTION RADIO???????? the immortality version on that is the best ive ever heard.
    http://www.pearljambootlegs.org/modules ... j&ext.html
    "He who hears music, feels his solitude peopled at once" R. Browning
  • Options
    mavi wrote:
    DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN GET THE MUSIC FROM SELF POLLUTION RADIO???????? the immortality version on that is the best ive ever heard.
    http://www.pearljambootlegs.org/modules ... j&ext.html

oh my god. i love you. i mean it. i have the cassette. for 15 years ive only been able to hear it in a tape deck.
  • Options
    mattyk72mattyk72 NY Posts: 19
    What a show... that's what I've been repeating in my head since Friday night. Had great seats thanks to the 10c, row K (about 10 rows back) on the floor center section. It was my first trip to the Garden and needless to say it was a very memorable one. I still can't believe how hard that place was rockin', I swear the floor was shaking a few times. It was cool seeing some celebs in the VIP section rocking out, saw Michael Moore, Matt Damon, and John McEnroe. I can't wait for this bootleg!
  • Options
    SEACIDESEACIDE Posts: 410
    Thank you Pearl Jam for all you do. You create more than music.......
    Love is all you need.....
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,461
    i thought Philly night 4 was one of the best shows ive seen but msg 2 proved me wrong about that. all this concert sound got me in the mood for some old school listening. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN GET THE MUSIC FROM SELF POLLUTION RADIO???????? the immortality version on that is the best ive ever heard.

It was a hell of a show, but i don't think it was good as Philly-4, and certainly not Philly-3. The Spectrum has/had better acoustics.
  • Options
    cutz wrote:

It was a hell of a show, but i don't think it was good as Philly-4, and certainly not Philly-3. The Spectrum has/had better acoustics.

it definitely could be the fact that im 3 days removed from msg, but the set list was amazing, and the crowd was unbelievable. i thought philly 4 was sort of a send off party. there was some kind of lineage with the music, crowd and band on friday. cant explain it. i think i need to take some sick days
  • Options
    " If I knew where it was, I would take you there "

Well Eddie found it on Friday night, I would say 2nd encore, from wasted repries on, it was the most surreal experience of my life, Its like the world did not exist for those 5-6 songs, the energy, emotion was like no other
    "no more crowbars to my head"
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    edited May 2010
    I FINALLY FOUND THE WORDS TO DESCRIBE THIS

So it's 4 days later and I am sitting at the pool in Vegas and a book lent to me by the great CDP has the perfect description..

From Paul Feig's Superstud... (Great BTW)

"There was something about the all-encompassing power and volume of the music and otherworldliness of the flashing lights and being surrounded by people who were talented and creative and not the kind of people who were mean to you or wanted to beat you up that all combined to make one of those magical moments that sometimes occur in your life-where you feel transported out of your body, away from all your earthy cares; in which you see the world in a different light, as a collection of people and energy, and you suddenly love it all and want to experience it all."

Glad I could share it with all of you and my kid...
    Post edited by Black Diamond on
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,810
    I FINALLY FOUND THE WORDS TO DESCRIBE THIS

So it's 4 days later and I am sitting at the pool in Vegas and a book lent to me by the great CDP has the perfect description..

From Paul Feig's Superstud... (Great BTW)

"There was something about the all-encompassing power and volume of the music and otherworldliness of the flashing lights and being surrounded by people who were talented and creative and the kind of people who were mean to you or wanted to beat you up that all combined to make one of those magical moments that sometimes occur in your life-where you feel transported out of your body, away from all your earthy cares; in which you see the world in a different light, as a collection of people and energy, and you suddenly love it all and want to experience it all."

Glad I could share it with all of you and my kid...

You're in Vegas - after that romp of shows? You really are a bastard. I hope I can assure myself half of the gallivanting you do when I'm done with this school shit. :D
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107

You're in Vegas - after that romp of shows? You really are a bastard. I hope I can assure myself half of the gallivanting you do when I'm done with this school shit. :D
    Caught that part, did ya? :mrgreen:
    I am on official business of my employer at a very criticak conference (cough)
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147

did i remember to punch you when i saw you? :twisted:
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,810

Like I said, I hope I can use these same exact excuses when the time comes.