The Golf Thread

Comments

• Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Bird guy interrupted Webbs speech. The look on Costas' face was hilarious.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,798
    Old legs on Furyk. He belongs on the Celtics. Sorry, couldnt help myself.

Gutsy, gamely effort says Hicks.

he ain't that old (early 40's?) :lol:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,798
    polaris_x wrote:
    i wonder if being warned about slow play got to furyk ...

could be or just choked (like other philly teams have done) ;)
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    enjoy the jail cell pal :lol:
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,725
    BHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA.

"Enjoy the jail cell, pal"
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    Old legs on Furyk. He belongs on the Celtics. Sorry, couldnt help myself.

Gutsy, gamely effort says Hicks.

he ain't that old (early 40's?) :lol:
    No, not that old at all. It's just been the default response the last few weeks for anybody coming up short. He's only 42. Surprised he never won at Augusta. Love Furyk.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
    would that guy really have to go to jail? I mean, I can understand them kicking him out of the club, but putting him in jail seems an absurd measure to take. But wouldnt surprise me if they did.
    I bet they beat the bag outta that guy. Too funny.

I read an article in the NY Post last week about people coming on to the field/court during sporting events. There was recently a law passed regarding this phenomenon. Its criminal trespassing plain and simple. He will be arrested and will be prosecuted for a misdemeanor, but the real punishment is probably a ban from purchasing tickets to any future USGA event. They interviewed the guy who parachuted into Shea Stadium during the '86 world series. He received a lifetime ban from Shea, but now attends games at Citifield since the ban didn't carry over.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Bronx BombersBronx Bombers Posts: 2,208
    Shame about furyk but I don't get the complaints about 16 being moved up with JF saying he was unprepared for the tee shot. You would think the players especially the leaders would check out the pin placement sheets and yardages before the round so they could at least work on some shots at the range before they tee off.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    WebbSimpson_01_1530922a.jpg

:lol:
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    They should beat him like a mule for wearing that stupid hat.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • NamiNami Posts: 5,995
    good tourney... shame about Furyk and his caddie- looks alone walking up to the 18th were brutal.

Simpson's wife is smokin...
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • FearTheBeardFearTheBeard Posts: 666
    Well Simpson earned it. Played far and away the best through the weekend.

I was sitting on the hill at 18 all day. That last putt that McDowell had for a tie had been missed left by every golfer except Davis Love, who drained it.

The heckler dude pretty much walked out there. Not one person seemed to notice until he walked in front of the podium. He looked like a lost drunk walking up there. A USGA member grabbed him, the guy in the photo. The heckler then walked away and SFPD finally realized what was going on. Took 7 officers to arrest him, hilarious!

It was a great day and some tasty bill burgers!
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    got to play 36 holes this weekend popped a 108 and 109 on the same course as the Wegman's LPGA event in Rochester. the rough was 3.5 inches and basically made any mishit on the tee a one shot penalty. first day i actually would have shot in the 90s if i could either putt or figure out how to hit out of the rough, second day i blew up and threw a 58 up on the front and went double-triple on the first two of the back before going crazy (for me at this course) and throwing up 4 pars and 2 bogeys in 6 holes. Crushed my last drive of the day that rolled a yard into the effing rough and it ruined my 18th hole. Still no 3 putts the second day, just sucked getting to the hole. Hope everyone else is ripping the ball all over the course this year.

I was sitting on the hill at 18 all day. That last putt that McDowell had for a tie had been missed left by every golfer except Davis Love, who drained it.

The heckler dude pretty much walked out there. Not one person seemed to notice until he walked in front of the podium. He looked like a lost drunk walking up there. A USGA member grabbed him, the guy in the photo. The heckler then walked away and SFPD finally realized what was going on. Took 7 officers to arrest him, hilarious!

That's awesome. Can't wait for Merion next year.

Brilliant. Memories that will last a lifetime. That must have been an experience there all day.
    Looked like nothing wrong with Tiger this weekend
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,762
    Looked like nothing wrong with Tiger this weekend

The difference is he doesn't blow away the field anymore. Makes it harder to win the majors. He was putting much better this week though.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
    Only player on tour with three wins this year. Top of the money list and FedEx rankings. One of these times a win will line up with a major weekend.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,931
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    One of these times a win will line up with a major weekend.

hope not! ;)
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    Had a bad round today. Very inconsistent the whole round. :x

It was also 106 out there too. Ugh!
    mca47 wrote:

Yikes, I don't know how you guys do it out there.
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    mca47 wrote:

Yikes, I don't know how you guys do it out there.
    Don't you have to finish before noon.

At least they still do it in Nov-Feb.
    #FHP
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Went out yesterday and used a coupon I've been holding onto for about a year. Got to be a member for the day at our local Springfield Country Club. Course was in super condition with really fast greens. Played 36 holes shot 113 and 109. Not a great day of golf but a great day no the less.
    #FHP
    Open Championship week is here!
    Anyone? Can we hear from our UK friends this week? Thoughts on the Open?

I'm very excited for this one. My favorite major of the season.
  • adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    My second favorite Major after the Masters. I'll be watching every day besides Saturday when I'll be playing a round myself. I've been really struggling lately. My handicap the last couple years has been steadily climbing. I need to hit the range more often to get the kinks worked out.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.