The Golf Thread

Comments

• Bronx BombersBronx Bombers Posts: 2,208
    norm wrote:
    when i was 17 i was trying to get into college and drinking beer

being tied for the lead at the us open wasn't one of those things i was doing

Not tied anymore, this is a pretty great story unfolding right now.
    Kids falling apart a little, hopefully he can stick around would be awesome to see him in the hunt Sunday.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    norm wrote:

Berman is AWFUL. Why they would let this clown announce something like this is a mystery to me....let him stick to yelling like an idiot over NFL highlights in the studio. The mute button is being put to good use today.
  • toronado10toronado10 Posts: 239
    norm wrote:

Berman is AWFUL. Why they would let this clown announce something like this is a mystery to me....let him stick to yelling like an idiot over NFL highlights in the studio. The mute button is being put to good use today.

Agreed. He is barely tolerable for football. He is by far the worst thing about the US open. Good thing he won't be around for the weekend either.
    Take time to see the sky,
    Find shapes in the clouds.
    Hear the murmur of the wind
    and touch the cool water.
    Walk softly,
    we are intruders,
    tolerated briefly
    In an infinite universe.
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    Moving Day!
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    leaders all bogey 1...should be a fun afternoon

:corn:
  • NamiNami Posts: 5,995
    great golf... loving phil to post a good number tomorrow... finish at +4. Tiger and furyk are wearing their gfs panties today- brutal the short putting. Loving the amateur.. bring golf back to life- hope he does well. Jacobson should be in the lead with all the birdie putts... see him and McDowell top 2 finish tomorrow.

regardless... some good golf. love to see the pros struggling- good TV.

I love beer and golf. :D
    Cheers!
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
    I'm rooting for the kid in braces
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Just watched todays round on the DVR.

That's a rollercoaster they are playing on.
    #FHP
    love the leaderboard...tomorrow is gonna be fun

and i'm glad i wasn't the only one that was more annoyed than usual at johnny miller

http://www.golfdigest.com/golf-tours-ne ... a-job.html
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Should be an exciting day today.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • FearTheBeardFearTheBeard Posts: 666
    Newch91 wrote:
    Should be an exciting day today.

I'll be out there. Look for a PJ "I'm Analog" t shirt and a sf giants hat!

Peace!
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    What is the over/under on how many times Lake Merced is brought up today? 350?

:fp:
    Jason P wrote:
    What is the over/under on how many times Lake Merced is brought up today? 350?

:fp:

i wish they would tell us which way the puts go - toward or away from the lake

seriously, yesterday dan and johnny were both the most annoying ever...totally unlistenable...wish they would replace johnny with jacobsen
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Would love to see Els make a run at this. One of my favorite guys to watch play.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    have a soft spot for westwood today ...
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,725
    I'd love to see Els today too.
    Ha, dude has a stand bag. :lol:
    So much for tiger making a run today
    So much for tiger making a run today

Brutal. A lot of names on the leader board that I wouldn't mind seeing win.
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Clutch shot there from the teenager.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
    was reading about tiger and his 14 majors. I find it strange none of them have been come from behind wins. Whether we are discussing Jordan or Ali or Federer or whoever, all of them have had major wins or championships come as a result of being behind, and rallying back to victory. I find it odd Tiger never has dealt with that. Back when he was winning majors he never was trailing and then came back to steal the win from someone else. In a sense, if he isnt dominating in the early stages of the tournament, he wont win at all.
  • NamiNami Posts: 5,995
    damn Phil what happened? +9? dang.

GO McDowell and Jacobson!
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
    Kuchar's hanging around on the 2nd page of the leaderboard, but my boy never made the run I thought he would. Still a quality, classy player.
    Anyone else find it funny that Furyks main sponsor is 5 Hour Energy?
  • musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
    gotta wonder how this prolonged drought of wins will effect tiger. I sort of wonder if he might walk away. Not this year or next but in a few years. I see no scenario where he wins another major in the next few years. I certainly dont see a field of players cowering in fear everytime tiger picks up a club and enrolls in an event. In fact, everyone else seems to breeze right past him. and clearly winning pre-major events has no bearing on how well he does in actual majors. he's done that twice now. this time seemed even more over the top in terms of premature celebration than at augusta.

ive long made the statement this is all mental for tiger. He can get the lead in events but then collapses.
    gotta wonder how this prolonged drought of wins will effect tiger. I sort of wonder if he might walk away. Not this year or next but in a few years. I see no scenario where he wins another major in the next few years. I certainly dont see a field of players cowering in fear everytime tiger picks up a club and enrolls in an event. In fact, everyone else seems to breeze right past him. and clearly winning pre-major events has no bearing on how well he does in actual majors. he's done that twice now. this time seemed even more over the top in terms of premature celebration than at augusta.

ive long made the statement this is all mental for tiger. He can get the lead in events but then collapses.

Dude, stop. You're embarrassing yourself. This is the hardest tournament of the year. Look at Phil's score. Tiger is not going anywhere.
    :corn:
    Yackobson wearing the pink sweater with the popped collar polo underneath. That outfit alone eliminates him from winning this thing. The golf gods won't allow that.
    Beau Hossler needs to hit the gym. He looks flabby.