The Golf Thread

Comments

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    I am glad the shit show of Stevie and Tiger is not happening tomorrow. A caddie shouldn't be the story of the final round of a major.

The british tabloids must be livid. :lol:
  • Bronx BombersBronx Bombers Posts: 2,208
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    I am glad the shit show of Stevie and Tiger is not happening tomorrow. A caddie shouldn't be the story of the final round of a major.

I hope Scott blows up so we don't have to hear how this was the biggest win of Williams career.
  • RoughMixRoughMix Posts: 385
    PJFAN13 wrote:
    RoughMix wrote:
    This person does not know their golf history.

Woods has won 74 official PGA Tour events, 14 majors, has the lowest career scoring average in PGA Tour history, only player to have won all four professional major championships in a row, earned the most $$$ in the history of the Tour, set the all-time record for 142 consecutive cuts made, wins 27.2% of his starts, only golfer to have won the U.S. Amateur three consecutive times, holds the record for most consecutive weeks at No. 1, (281), and the most total number of weeks, (623) AND has spent 750 weeks in the top 10.
    He also holds the largest margin of victory in the US Open, British Open and Masters...
    TOUR player of the year 10 times...PGA Player of the Year 10 times...Vardon trophy winner 8 times...(all records)...
    Granted Jack has 4 more majors, but even HE said Tiger is better - oh, yeah, and Tiger has won more PGA Tour events than Jack. Jack never won MULTIPLE majors in consecutive years either..
    Jack was phenomenal and set the bar Tiger is chasing, but in their primes, Tiger>Jack.
    You can question his character, his "arrogance" and his personality. You can even root against him...But simply Tiger is:
    Best. Ever.
    Your turn Mr. History - please, I'd love to read your thoughts ;)
    Good luck to Adam Scott tomorrow, but GO TIGER!!!

OkayI knew this was coming.Go to Wikipedia,copy the stats,Blahblahblah.But according to tiger he is only concerned about Majors.Hey,It is futile to compare eras what with new clubs, balls,even strength of field.I don't even consider Tiger to be better than Palmer,Player,Watson, or even ballesteros.Because for the esoteric few that truly understand the game of golf-it's more than that.
    Golf is almost mystical.Golf represents honor,respect,humilty,courtesy,all of which tiger lacks.This isn't basketball.I don't know,I guess I am just old school,but to see him throw vile spewing hissy fits on almost every bad or semi-bad shot is disgusting for anyone who is a fan of the game.How could you watch this with a kid and say"isn't he great?" It says alot about someone's character when they look up to tiger woods.
    He still hasn't learned a thing after his historic downfall.tiger will never get to 18.The Golf Gods won't allow it.
    Oh,you forgot one more record---most fines.
    "They don't give a shit Keith Moon is dead,
    is that exactly what I thought I read."
  • PJFAN13PJFAN13 Posts: 1,422
    edited July 2012
    Your rebuttal is lame "blahblahblah" -
    Nicely done :lol:
    hate Tiger all u want
    root against him
    hold character and the bullshit isoteric view u have - fine...
    u questioned ME knowing HISTORY
    U have no clue...look at wiki or espn or whatever you need to - to confirm my points
    I know my history...(dad and grandpa both 25+ yr PGA Master Golf professionals)
    u LOSE THIS ARGUMENT DUDE
    I have 3 kids - do I want them to treat their wive and family like Tiger did his - NOPE
    This has nothing to do about his place in history as you challenged me on..
    Do I wish (and hope) they could hit a 2 iron 280 down the middle of a fairway (which u can't, nor anyone u know)...
    Do I hope they can win a US Open at Pebble by 15 shots (only person under par in 2000, next challenger 3 over)
    U bet
    Try again dude
    Ur points r lame - and I know the history of golf.
    U hate Tiger, can't root for him, and wish him not to win 4 more majors - got it.
    Can't take his place away in sports history.
    END
    Post edited by PJFAN13 on
    11.30.93~10.2.96~9.13.98~9.1.00~8.25.00~7.3.03~7.5.03
    7.9.03~9.28.04~10.1.05~5.12.06~5.13.06~5.27.06~5.28.06
    8.5.08(EV)~10.9.09~5.21.10~6.20.11(EV)~7.5.11(EV)~7.9.11(EV)
    11.21.13~8.27.16(EV)~11.14.16(TOTD)~4.13.20~9.27.20~9.26.21~10.2.21
    2.15.22 (EV)~2.25.22 (EV)~2.27.22 (EV)~5.3.22~5.7.22~9.17.24~9.29.24
    Yup,tiger woods...biggest downfall in sports HISTORY.
    You just don't get it.
    Hey,what mini golf are you a pro at anyway?
  • PJFAN13PJFAN13 Posts: 1,422
    edited July 2012
    Wow, insults and nasty - guess "rough mix' is appropriate
    I don't want to argue
    or fill a great thread up with ridiculous banter
    U questioned me knowing history of the greatest game in all of sports
    I simply gave you a retort in which you cannot argue (stats don't lie)
    To get nasty? To lob insults?
    Wow - keep rooting against Tiger buddy, he likes it that way (I see u have been bashing him since 2009 - must be the Canada loving/Red Wing - haven't won since 08 - know it all fan in you old-timer!)
    If you cared at all about "history" (which you apparently don't care about or recognize) or realized his impact on it - this discussion wouldn't haven't gotten this far.
    Ratings when he's not playing?
    Equipment sales since 1997?
    TV revenue since then?
    First Tee program?
    TW Foundation? I'm sure the millions of children he's helped and given scholarships share your belief (NOT)
    How does "history" have anything to do with this????
    Great job roughmix!
    Don't let your hatred blind you...life's too short :nono:
    PEACE
    And when you travel to NorCal - specifically bay area, call me up - I'll have u out at the course where I worked and we can discuss this in person, just to see the if your are the same tuff guy you are behind a keyboard. Guarantee you'd be a tad more polite in person ;)
    Enjoy the Open tomorrow
    Post edited by PJFAN13 on
    11.30.93~10.2.96~9.13.98~9.1.00~8.25.00~7.3.03~7.5.03
    7.9.03~9.28.04~10.1.05~5.12.06~5.13.06~5.27.06~5.28.06
    8.5.08(EV)~10.9.09~5.21.10~6.20.11(EV)~7.5.11(EV)~7.9.11(EV)
    11.21.13~8.27.16(EV)~11.14.16(TOTD)~4.13.20~9.27.20~9.26.21~10.2.21
    2.15.22 (EV)~2.25.22 (EV)~2.27.22 (EV)~5.3.22~5.7.22~9.17.24~9.29.24
    Wow,research.Didn't know you were so interested.All you had to do was ask.
    I'll enjoy the Open tomorrow.
    I hope you do also.
    And I am always polite.
    I'll even let you go first on the windmill hole.
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,683
    I'm hoping Tiger wins this today, can't wait for the last couple of groups to tee off. Gonna start drinking a little bit earlier than normal today, like 9:30 am :fp:, chicken wings about noon, which is all good cause I'm on holidays next week, no hangovers to worry about.

I think Graeme McDowell is gonna be the guy to watch out for, his game has been very solid the last yr.
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    BLACK35 wrote:
    I'm hoping Tiger wins this today, can't wait for the last couple of groups to tee off. Gonna start drinking a little bit earlier than normal today, like 9:30 am :fp:, chicken wings about noon, which is all good cause I'm on holidays next week, no hangovers to worry about.

I think Graeme McDowell is gonna be the guy to watch out for, his game has been very solid the last yr.
    Going to be tough for anyone to catch Scott, he's playing nearly perfect golf.

Hope something happens to add to the drama.
    #FHP
    i wake up and see tiger tripling the 6th :fp:
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,725
    norm wrote:

I turned it on just after that. Didn't see what happened.
    Got one back
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    norm wrote:

It wasn't pretty.

He just chipped in for bird on the 7th.....5 back now.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I hope Scott blows up so we don't have to hear how this was the biggest win of Williams career.

Williams already made it clear that the Bridgestone was the biggest win of his career. What an ass.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    norm wrote:

into a bunker near the lip...tried to get it out, ball hits the face rolls back in...for the next shot, you'll have to see a replay...describing him kneeling on the side of the bunker just doesn't do it justice :lol:

oh and then he 2 putted

but he holes out on 7 to gain 1 shot back!
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    I refuse to pull for someone named Brandt.

"Brandt can't watch though, or he has to pay a hundred."
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    norm wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    norm wrote:

into a bunker near the lip...tried to get it out, ball hits the face rolls back in...for the next shot, you'll have to see a replay...describing him kneeling on the side of the bunker just doesn't do it justice :lol:

oh and then he 2 putted

but he holes out on 7 to gain 1 shot back!

Yeah, I need to see the replay of this. These bunkers are hilarious.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I'm pretty sure I would end up in the hospital if I tried hitting out of some of these bunkers.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

thanks to Kelly Tilghman
    AyamL0zCEAA8wtk.jpg
    Ruh roh
    norm wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

thanks to Kelly Tilghman
    AyamL0zCEAA8wtk.jpg

:o:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

That is incredible
    how the hell did that ball move?!? :shock:
  • megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    tiger just needs to hit a couple putts around 11-13 then the roaring will start and the scott meltdown will begin.. along with me fist pumping by myself in my living room. yep
    What this broadcast needs is Chris Berman
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    Btw shot 83 yesterday on a tough track. 7 pars in a row at one point. Not bad for only playing 6 times this year.
  • megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    What this broadcast needs is Chris Berman

“I'm angry for all the hurt ... more for you, the viewers ... African-American, all Americans,”
    -Chris Berman
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Tiger will make this interesting.

I love when they have him audio'd. Especially when he mishits the shot.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
    the only way this will get interesting is if adam starts hitting bunkers
    Not sure if its been mentioned yet, but Adam banged Kate Hudson about 6 years ago when she was still on top of her game. And for that reason, I'm pulling for Adam.
    Not sure if its been mentioned yet, but Adam banged Kate Hudson about 6 years ago when she was still on top of her game. And for that reason, I'm pulling for Adam.

:lol::lol: