The Golf Thread

1428429430431432434»

Comments

• Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,821
    I just got home from the first round of the BMW Championship. It was my first time attending a pro event. Hovland is my favorite golfer and he finally played well last week, so I followed him for 80% of his round today. Got Theegala and Aberg right after, and then Scottie and Xander after them. 9 miles and 50 flights of stairs. The 17th hole is an absolute BEAST. I saw 5 of the best shots I’ve ever seen.
    - Scottie 3 wood on 8 was insane
    - Aberg 400 yard tee shot with 3 wood
    - Theegala deep in the shit on 14, ball doesn’t hit anything anything coming out, that angle was wild
    - Xander out of the green side bunker on the front 9
    - Viktor had an approach shot to 3 feet that was amazing 

Watching these guys in person is crazy.  The ball just sounds different when they hit it.
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 13,469
    That fizz of a pro ball coming off the face is so much different 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    Here’s the take. Keegan is the kuchar everyone wanted kuchar to be except kuchar is a shit head and Keegan seemed like a shit head but may not be?
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,831
    I think you are on to something.  Being left off the Ryder Cup team might have been the best thing for his career (they were getting trounced regardless).  He has the people behind him now.

Congrats to Lydia Ko.  Glad to see her add another major (and one of the real ones) to her resume.  Can't imagine winning a major, let alone one on the Old Course.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    I think you are on to something.  Being left off the Ryder Cup team might have been the best thing for his career (they were getting trounced regardless).  He has the people behind him now.

Congrats to Lydia Ko.  Glad to see her add another major (and one of the real ones) to her resume.  Can't imagine winning a major, let alone one on the Old Course.
    Completely. And now he’s possibly in play for presidents cup…especially if they were to use the logic of why they left him off the Ryder cup.

Yeah, wish I got to watch more of this. Did I read/hear something about her to possibly ride off into the sunset if she won? Hell of a few weeks for her though 
    I think she said awhile ago she planned to retire by 30.  After the Olympics she said she wasn't committed to that, but could see how this could change her mind if she is knocking out all her goals.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,309

Completely. And now he’s possibly in play for presidents cup…especially if they were to use the logic of why they left him off the Ryder cup.

Yeah, wish I got to watch more of this. Did I read/hear something about her to possibly ride off into the sunset if she won? Hell of a few weeks for her though 
    Do captains play?
    edited August 26
    mrussel1 said:

Do captains play?
    They can.  Tiger did it a few years ago when he was Presidents Cup captain.  Not sure if anyone has done it in the Ryder Cup before
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,405
    Some old lady asked me if I was a professional golfer at the range yesterday. I laughed in her face. lol
    www.myspace.com
    Haha.  Still a good feeling to know that some random old lady is out there thinking you are a great golfer.
    Haha.  Still a good feeling to know that some random old lady is out there thinking you are a great golfer.
    In her defense, I was absolutely smoking balls yesterday though. 

However, this is coming off a 93 at an easy course the day prior. lol
    www.myspace.com
    Another 85 off the back tees. Seems I'm stuck at this level. Oh well I'm happy with this level . 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    edited August 26
    What distance are the back tees?   What is keeping you back from shooting an 80?  

consistent mid-80’s is still pretty damn good.  You are much, much better than the average golfer.
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
    I think 6.500 area.
    I make stupid mistakes from 200 yards I think. The odd bunker and maybe 4 foot putts
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• I just saw a video during a press conference where Scottie is asked what his handicap is at his home course…which is Royal Oaks…with a slope of 76/142 from 7200 yards. He’s a +7
    That’s insane. He says he’s usually giving 2 strokes per hole on a typical Saturday or Sunday with guys at 13 handicaps. Fuck you man, I couldn’t hit a green for my life today 😆 
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
    Seemed like more people were watching that content creators round yesterday than a typical LIV event. 
    www.myspace.com
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,773
    edited August 29
    officially dicking off last day & a half of preholiday work week to play....excited, taking next week off for MSG/Philly

great way to get into that head space
    CROJAM95 said:
    officially dicking off last day & a half of preholiday work week to play....excited, taking next week off for MSG/Philly

Nice!  Sounds like a great week coming up.  Just played a quick 9 and about to head down to Wrigley!
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,773
    CROJAM95 said:

Nice!  Sounds like a great week coming up.  Just played a quick 9 and about to head down to Wrigley!
    Hope you had an amazing time! I had a great round, 88 for me is good

looking forward to the shows, Vegas and LA were awesome

found a few of these guys roaming around, thought of our friend Bill 😜
    Listening to the golf podcasts is getting rough.   They just bitch and bitch about the tour and the FedEx playoffs to the point they are yelling and cursing.  I like the Fried Egg and Shotgun Start, but man Andy Johnson can be so self righteous and a know it all.  
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,862
    CROJAM95 said:
    CROJAM95 said:

Hope you had an amazing time! I had a great round, 88 for me is good

looking forward to the shows, Vegas and LA were awesome

found a few of these guys roaming around, thought of our friend Bill 😜
    those motherfuckers and VOLES are destroying the course I work at. we have a completely worthless 3rd superintendent who I thought was supposed to be “dealing with” the gophers but he’s too busy looking at his phone. if I was in charge, his ass would be gone.

this PGA/LIV thing in december might actually be good. I thought brooks and bryson couldn’t stand each other? I guess everyone has their price.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Fuck John Rahm.  What a child.  He won't pay a $1M fine to get in the good graces of the DP World Tour and Ryder Cup, even though he got $400M from the PIF that is blood money and he knows it.  Nobody is worth $400M that wouldn't get 100 people to show up if he announced he was signing autographs in a random city. 
  • ddeschlerddeschler Posts: 654
    LIV Bolingbrook this weekend!  Who's excited?  Check out these "stunning visuals."

I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.