Options

The Golf Thread

1426427428429430432»

Comments

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,684
    Was reading the Rules Guy on one of the golf websites and was thinking how ironic it is that you can't put tape on a club per the rules of golf, but Scottie and Rory can switch drivers and improve their fairways hit overnight by 20% without sacrificing length.     
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,550
    Shot 91 at Smithtown Landing yesterday...freakin 5 hour plus round cost me some strokes do to stop and go...backed up like ive never seen before, holiday week

Missed some short ones....
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,877
    CROJAM95 said:
    Shot 91 at Smithtown Landing yesterday...freakin 5 hour plus round cost me some strokes do to stop and go...backed up like ive never seen before, holiday week

I hate that.  I don't need to swing constantly, but you have to get a rhythm and waiting at every tee box is the worst.  My club moved from 9 min tee times to 10 early this year and it has made a great difference in pace of play.  
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,792
    mrussel1 said:
    CROJAM95 said:

I hate that.  I don't need to swing constantly, but you have to get a rhythm and waiting at every tee box is the worst.  My club moved from 9 min tee times to 10 early this year and it has made a great difference in pace of play.  
    Anything less than 10 minutes is just brutal. Ideal time would be 11-12 mins between tee times but the demand everywhere these days is pretty crazy.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    CROJAM95 said:

Anything less than 10 minutes is just brutal. Ideal time would be 11-12 mins between tee times but the demand everywhere these days is pretty crazy.
    Yeah, you'd lose several tee times a day at 12 minutes.  10 is working for us.  We used to make the turn to a par 5 10th hole and you'd be the third or fourth group on the hole.  One on the green, one in the fairway, one on the box and then you're pulling up.  Outrageous.  Moving it by one minute from 9-10 minutes has meant one in the fairway, near the green and the other one finishing up on the box.  Big difference in pace of play. 
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,569
    There are places around there that space them out every 8 minutes. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    There are places around there that space them out every 8 minutes. 
    If you're going to do that, you better have a course full of single digit GHIN players, and no betting.  When people are betting, they fuck around on the green too long.