The Golf Thread

Comments

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,309
    Has anyone else ever shot a 60 on the front and a 43 on the back?

I don't understand how it's possible for me to be absolutely fucking horrendous, like the worst golfer ever, for a two hours....and then 100% dialed in on fire for the other two.

What the fuck. I hate this game. I love this game. 
    Honestly, that is crazy.  I'm not sure I've seen 17 strokes between two nines.  

I was pretty dialed in today as well.  39/37.  Only one birdie though, but definitely left some strokes out there. 

Last month I bought a G430 3 wood, paired with a Ping gold 75 gram stiff shaft.  Honestly, I cannot miss with this club.  It has easily taken 1.5 strokes off my game.  It's so easy to launch even on downhill lies, which are prevalent on par 5's on my course, with a forced carry.  Highly recommend it.    
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,863

I don't understand how it's possible for me to be absolutely fucking horrendous, like the worst golfer ever, for a two hours....and then 100% dialed in on fire for the other two.

I figured it would be the other way….when the beer kicked in.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,831
    mrussel1 said:

I was pretty dialed in today as well.  39/37.  Only one birdie though, but definitely left some strokes out there. 

Last month I bought a G430 3 wood, paired with a Ping gold 75 gram stiff shaft.  Honestly, I cannot miss with this club.  It has easily taken 1.5 strokes off my game.  It's so easy to launch even on downhill lies, which are prevalent on par 5's on my course, with a forced carry.  Highly recommend it.    
    Played Talking Stick yesterday and then Quintero this morning out in Phoenix area.  Rental sets.  Ping G430’s today and loved them.

Quintero was awesome.  Desert courses are usually dull to me, but the views, routing and elevation changes were great. 

Don’t know about in one round, but shot 100 at one course in the afternoon and then next morning shot an 81 on same course.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,405
    edited July 28
    mrussel1 said:

I birded 17 and finished with a 103. Who the hell even has a chance at a bird in a 103 round? lol So weird. 

76 is a fantastic outing. Well done. 

Wob--the alcohol started around the 7th so perhaps it had the opposite effect. 
    www.myspace.com
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 13,469
    Golf is the craziest game. I love it and hate it
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,821
    Well it looks like I'm heading to Augusta next year!  4 tickets for the Wednesday practice round.

Sweet!
    84 today.

Now watch me shoot a 104 tomorrow. 
    www.myspace.com
    Keep positive and I hope you can string 2 together 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    Scottie.  Again.  What a year.
    Xander getting 2 majors is pretty damn good, but Scottie, to me, has player of the year by the death grip at this point (and this was before the Olympics win).  
    84 today.

Shot a 102 lol......at a course I shot an 88 on a few months ago.

www.myspace.com
    84 today.

Shot a 102 lol......at a course I shot an 88 on a few months ago.

What creates the swings?  The tee ball?  
    Nelly Korda -  how can someone win so many tournaments and have so many triple bogeys?

Lydia Ko - frickin' awesome

Kuchar - he's gotta feel a little silly.  
    Golf is a funny game.  96 on Friday night, and then a 78 on the same course on Saturday afternoon.  Only round in the 70's for me so definitely a statistical outlier.   No birdies, no doubles, and 8 pars on the back nine.  
    Golf is a funny game.  96 on Friday night, and then a 78 on the same course on Saturday afternoon.  Only round in the 70's for me so definitely a statistical outlier.   No birdies, no doubles, and 8 pars on the back nine.  
    Good round.  At least you know you have it in you.  
    mrussel1 said:
    The cool thing is I missed a lot of fairways but this time they weren't penalizing.  6 up and downs were huge.  Next time the driver will be great and I won't be able to chip and putt.
    mrussel1 said:
    The cool thing is I missed a lot of fairways but this time they weren't penalizing.  6 up and downs were huge.  Next time the driver will be great and I won't be able to chip and putt.
    The scratch golfer is less than 50% GIR, so chipping and one putt is absolutely the key to a great score.  
    3 rounds in 3 days for the first time in 15 years.
    87,85,85 off the back tees.
    I'm happy I've turned a corner.

brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

Expect a call from Greg Norman. 
    www.myspace.com
    Got a big week of work golf in Detroit.  

Franklin Hills CC,  Oakland Hills, South Course (The Monster) and Grand Oaks CC.

It was one year ago on this trip that I carded my first hole in one. 

Expect a call from Greg Norman. 
    Patiently waits for a call and 50m
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

Going for 4 in a row.  Goodbye back. Knees and hip
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

Going for 4 in a row.  Goodbye back. Knees and hip
    You, sir, have exceeded a LIV tour professional this week. Well done!
    www.myspace.com
    Well 86 that's consistent. I can see I had different mistakes on different days . Which is annoying it wasn't one thing. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

Well 86 that's consistent. I can see I had different mistakes on different days . Which is annoying it wasn't one thing. 
    Hell of a four days man. That's great.
    www.myspace.com
    Nice work!  I've been similar with a bunch of scores in the low 90s lately.  Broke 90 for the first time a couple weeks ago and looking to make that a regular thing.  Handicap down by almost 5 strokes so far this season!
    Well done it's a hard game . Summer is the time to get some extra distance. Not looking forward to having a good handicap and winter coming 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• I just got home from the first round of the BMW Championship. It was my first time attending a pro event. Hovland is my favorite golfer and he finally played well last week, so I followed him for 80% of his round today. Got Theegala and Aberg right after, and then Scottie and Xander after them. 9 miles and 50 flights of stairs. The 17th hole is an absolute BEAST. I saw 5 of the best shots I’ve ever seen.
    - Scottie 3 wood on 8 was insane
    - Aberg 400 yard tee shot with 3 wood
    - Theegala deep in the shit on 14, ball doesn’t hit anything anything coming out, that angle was wild
    - Xander out of the green side bunker on the front 9
    - Viktor had an approach shot to 3 feet that was amazing 
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore