Options

The Golf Thread

Comments

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,712
    I have a motorcaddy . But the remote control is too far for me
    What do you mean by too far from you? 

I have the Motocaddy 7.  The range on the remote is at least 150 yards. It works great. 
  • Options
    I mean I can't pay the money and I don't see a benefit. From a normal electric. Plus like above . Here it tends to be the man bun type with them or people flexing wealth not necessarily good golfers
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,712
    I mean I can't pay the money and I don't see a benefit. From a normal electric. Plus like above . Here it tends to be the man bun type with them or people flexing wealth not necessarily good golfers
    I don't know about all of your stereotypes that you're throwing out.  All I can tell is that they are great and save considerable energy.  Also,  here the price difference between one with a remote and a motorized without is pretty small.  But some have a feature where it literally follows you.  Those are almost double the cost of one with a remote. 
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,359
    Played 18 in just under 2 and a half hours this morning. Beautiful weather out here in the Philly area right now!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,553
    Played 18 in just under 2 and a half hours this morning. Beautiful weather out here in the Philly area right now!
    fucking snowing where I am.

christ, on “my” course, you’re lucky to get 9 holes in in 2.5 hours. too many shitty golfers, too much bullshitting, too many multiple tee shots, too many hunts for lost balls. and, god forbid, you go out on ladies day.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

christ, on “my” course, you’re lucky to get 9 holes in in 2.5 hours. too many shitty golfers, too much bullshitting, too many multiple tee shots, too many hunts for lost balls. and, god forbid, you go out on ladies day.
    Yeah 4.5 to 5 hour rounds are typical here too....but mid week, this time of year, teeing off not long after the sun came out =  gold, jerry. gold

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

Yeah 4.5 to 5 hour rounds are typical here too....but mid week, this time of year, teeing off not long after the sun came out =  gold, jerry. gold

yeah, the early (first?) tee time is key. another pet peeve is groups sitting on the tee, thinking they can hit twice as far as they actually do.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,572
    I love courses that require walking only.   It can get backed up but not usually.  Eliminates the terrible golfer that is out there only to drink.  Everyone goes to their ball.  Hits ball.  And moves forward.
  • Options
    I love courses that require walking only.   It can get backed up but not usually.  Eliminates the terrible golfer that is out there only to drink.  Everyone goes to their ball.  Hits ball.  And moves forward.
    “mine” was like that during COVID….it was great….younger, fitter golfers and not a bunch of fat, old fucks fucking up the course with their carts.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    I played this course on Saturday where some of the holes were borderline unplayable because of the leaves. We were losing balls in the middle of fairways. Plus they aerated recently and no heads up was given when I booked and there was no discount either. They were in horrible shape. Also, as a single, I was forced to ride in the cart of third person in the threesome I joined which perturbed me. The Juggler will not be playing this course again. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Haha, that sounds brutal when you know there aren’t many golf rounds left this year.

I set up a golf mat on my patio outside my apartment.  I can chip with a 58 degree and maybe have 20 yards to work with before there is tall grass (if I hit one too far it is gone so I use crappy golf balls I find or buy for 50 cents on eBay).  I hit about 25 balls a day.  I am sure I looked weird to my neighbors.   Anyway, it has helped immensely.  I played for first time in 3 weeks and Had no chunked or thinned chips or pitch shots.  The ground was wet too and was still able to get nice ball first contact.  Was pretty stoked.   
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 4,054
    Played this past Sunday.  First time touching a club in 3 weeks.  Shot. 83.  Very pleased!
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,759
    High of 37 and snowing today so looks like I've played my last round of the year.  Handicap went up by 3 this year.  My driver was a mess.  Not great!
  • Options
    19 days without a post.  Good to see Tiger will play again.  Not expecting much, but am expecting him to make cuts which is tough for everyone except for 30 people in the world.  

If Pearl Jam does Australia/New Zealand next November I am thinking about going and making it a golf trip.   Melbourne has four top 100 courses all within 20 minutes of each other.  Wanting to play Tara Iti and Cape Kidnappers in NZ, and then Barnbougle in Tasmania.  IT could be a bit much, and probably putting golf ahead of a lot of more meaningful sites.  Tara Iti though apparently allows you to play one round in your lifetime if you aren't a member.  Lot of pressure.  Kinda like playing Pebble.  It is a cool course, but cost prohibitive.
  • Options
    Bummer, Tara Iti is now fully private with no non-member play.  
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Yeah I was happy to hear we will see Tiger playing twice in the next few weeks. That will be cool.

Golfed twice down in Disney last week. Played Lake Buena Vista first but we got rained out after 11 holes. That was frustrating as the round was going well for me. I liked the course.

Then I played Shingle Creek the next day and it was a completely different kind of course. The Bermuda grass took some getting used to. Really liked it though. Pretty challenging but still very enjoyable.

Seeing this 30 and 40 degree weather on the horizon is tough. Thinking about just playing tomorrow. 40 and sunny but no wind. Usually mid 40's is my cutoff but with no wind it might be worth it....
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Bermuda was tough to chip out of at first.  Finally figured out you can't be too delicate.   Need to commit to the shot.

Rahm - No need to think about it.  Take the 600 million dollars.  I don't think 6 majors versus 2 majors matters in the long run at all.  Plus, you can probably still play in the majors going forward after the merger.  Take the money.  Set aside 20% for charity to ease your guilt ridden soul.  Plus you can play golf with your buddy Sergio again. 
  • Options
    Don't do it Rahm....

So what do you guys think of the new Tiger swing? Looks like he shortened the backswing up a good bit. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Haven’t seen the swing, but if he can walk he can win.  
  • Options
    Tiger even through 10.  If he can walk he can make a cut. 
  • Options
    3 over.  Good for him.  
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    None of the four majors are related to the PGA Tour.   The PGA Tour is taking a beating lately.  The players have showed their hypocrisy in trying to take the moral high ground, while at the same time bankrupting the Tour and forcing collusion with Saudi Arabia.  This could work out great for the players as they will get more of that Saudi money but blame Jay.   

Anyway, the elevated events with no cut seem to break the Tour in half.  Rahm may be seeing the writing on the wall and that there isn’t going to be a PGA Tour left that he wants a legacy with.
  • Options
    Yeah this sucks if true...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Tiger even through 10.  If he can walk he can make a cut. 
    good for him, there is no cut in his tournament.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Oh no, I am going to lose 5 yards on my drive.  This rollback is terrible.  If you are pissed that you are going to lose 5 yards, then you should have been pissed that they didn’t change the golf ball even more in the past to give you ten more yards, or change the clubs to allow for more distance.

Arguing about technology making you better instead of your own skill making you better is sad.
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • Options
    The ball isn't the problem.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    It is the easiest to adjust though. 

Distance is all relative.  330 is long with current technology, and 315 is long with the new ball.  Who cares, especially when it was technology that got you that 15 yards and not your own effort.
  • Options
    I care why should I have to buy new balls so a pro doesn't bully a course.
    I'm not driving a ball 300 yards in England in December . Or in July for that matter. It's the clubs that need changing.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Well, unless you’ve stockpiled golf balls then you have got time to use them.    Rolling back golf clubs would be more costly for the consumer.